PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Gotwoot

Phoenix20578
Thu, 11-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Gotwoot people in the USA. Have fun stuffing your faces later on.

RedX1z
Thu, 11-24-2005, 12:34 AM
happy thanksgiving to you as well, and everyone else. don't worry phoenix, i will!

aznroyale
Thu, 11-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Happy ThanksGiving

Carnage
Thu, 11-24-2005, 01:21 AM
HAPPY THANKS GIVING! ITS TURKEY TIME, BITCH!i/expressions/beer.gif

aznroyale
Thu, 11-24-2005, 01:47 AM
well i wont be eating turkey

Xollence
Thu, 11-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Happy Thanksgiving guys.

Strike Freedom
Thu, 11-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I want to give God thanks for Gotwoot, it is a forum that has allowed me to meet many people (such as Terra, Masamuneehs, PSJ, and everyone else who has argued with me at some point i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif ). Some of you may not like me cause of our disagreements, but I love you all. I give respect to those who make a stand and defend it, you have my deepest respects. So go out and devour those turkeys, they're waiting for u

Carnage
Thu, 11-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by: aznroyale

Thats okay, its the spirit that countsi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifBesides, theres always the mashed potatoes and GRAVY!i/expressions/beer.gif

RedX1z
Thu, 11-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by: God#2

Originally posted by: aznroyale

Thats okay, its the spirit that countsBesides, theres always the mashed potatoes and GRAVY!

or chicken, because turkey is too god damn dry..

aznroyale
Thu, 11-24-2005, 11:07 AM
thats why i hate turkey............dry like shit i got to drink a lot of water while eating turkey

KoKo37
Thu, 11-24-2005, 11:12 AM
well no offence just make a decent turkey -.- lol, turkey isn't suppose to be dry, ( mine and basicly all my friends turkeys are usally moist XD ) just whoevers cooking in your house is incredibly retarded when it comes to cooking turkeys lol ( i live in canada so im passed thanksgiving neways but still make couple chickens stuff with dressing with other stuff once in a while XD )

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 11-24-2005, 11:49 AM
My turkey is just fine, teach your mothers how to cook.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Enjoy americans, stuff yourself so that you get even fatter ^^ (stereotype power)

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 11-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah.. well.. go listen to some more corpse paint-wearing bands you swedish meatball!

darkmetal505
Thu, 11-24-2005, 12:41 PM
you know what they say, eat until your stomach hurts, otherwise you will insult the cook.

and yes, its time to make us fatter

aznroyale
Thu, 11-24-2005, 12:47 PM
my American History teacher said this is the time and year that eating too much is a problem

Carnage
Thu, 11-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Enjoy americans, stuff yourself so that you get even fatter ^^ (stereotype power)

We're not fat. Everyone else is just skinny. GAIN SOME WAIT DAMMIT!

Paulyboy
Thu, 11-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Lol! you mean WEIGHT?

Happy Thanksgiving guys i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

and yes I want to gain some weight, but my damn METABOLISM!

KoKo37
Thu, 11-24-2005, 01:40 PM
lols for some reason every single time i eat thanksgiving dinner i always eat to much n get a stomache ake -.- lol seems like i dont put to much on my plate buts its so dam filling lol.

TruthofMistake
Thu, 11-24-2005, 02:52 PM
[i]and yes I want to gain some weight, but my damn METABOLISM!

i have the same problem =\ im going to eat a ton today and i wont gain a pound T_T. Anyways happy Thanksgiving guys have a good one.

aznimperialx
Thu, 11-24-2005, 05:18 PM
i got ingured on today on thanksgiving i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

ChaosK
Thu, 11-24-2005, 08:36 PM
HAAAAAAAPY THANKS GIVVVVING GOOOOOOOOOOOTWOOOOOOOOOOOOOT I AM HAAAMERED~!!!!!!!!

masamuneehs
Thu, 11-24-2005, 09:33 PM
I am so full of food that I feel like I'm almost sick.

I can't stand my old Aunt who has claimed the role of Matriarch in my dad's family. She just talks way too much and is rude...

I really don't like turkey. Hame, Lamb, Roast beef are that much better meats.

I LOVE stuffing.

Hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for 20+ relatives is painful.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 11-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Man, I had lots of turkey. My brother came over to visit. I had not seen him in quite some time so it was a pretty good thing. No millions of relatives over though, which was sweet. I hope all of you have enjoyed thanksgiving. I certainly did.

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by: TruthofMistake

i have the same problem =\ im going to eat a ton today and i wont gain a pound T_T. Anyways happy Thanksgiving guys have a good one.

OMG POOR YOU GUYS : (((((((((

not really i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Fri, 11-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

OMG POOR YOU GUYS : (((((((((

not really

That's more of a blessing. I gotta watch it all the time, if i eat one candybar to much my ass shakes for a week(Yes i stole that joke fomr the movie Bid Daddy)

Assertn
Fri, 11-25-2005, 12:27 PM

Fake dejection. Cute.

My refrigerator officially died on thanksgiving day.

dragonrage
Thu, 11-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Well it is that time of the year again. You know the time where you fill your stomach drink and reflect on the good things that have happen in your life.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

I am thankful for gotwoot among other things. Here I have found a home away from home where i can voice my opinions, vent and most of all share a common worldwide interest.

Thank you Gotwoot.

Honoko
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:08 PM
happy turkey day to everyone ^^v

Now I go lie down for an hour before returning to the kitchen to help the mom -_-... zzz...

Winged Dancer
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, people wh actually celebrate Thanksgiving! Not such day in my country, but eh, eat my fill or something.

masamuneehs
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:18 PM
i fucking hate this holiday. i fucking hate having to try to impress my numerous relatives and dealing with the same set of questions each damn year.

and i don't like turkey either, although stuffing is awesome.

and the Lions and Packers as the football games? Those two teams suck so bad at football... there is really no escape. happy fucking thanksgiving indeed

IFHTT
Thu, 11-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Haha masa, I feel ya and fully agree with you on the "relatives front".

Not so much on the dislike of turkey. :D Can't wait for some delicious food.

Happy Thanksgiving.

LaZie
Thu, 11-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Zati
Thu, 11-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone eat those turkeys!

Aeon
Thu, 11-23-2006, 02:48 PM
i fucking hate this holiday.

and i don't like turkey either,

and the Lions and Packers as the football games? Those two teams suck so bad at football... there is really no escape. happy fucking thanksgiving indeed

QFT, although I'm enjoying the Dolphins game but they'replaying the Lions who are worse then them. And this stupid holiday caused me a PS3 yesterday since my niece school had a thanksgiving meal so my sister took the car and no way I was transporting a PS3 on the bus.:mad:

NM
Thu, 11-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Happy Thanksgiving guys! :)

FrogKing
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Happy turkey day GW!

Animeniax
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Are you so short on server space that you had to merge this thread with the one from last year??

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving. Being over here with the troops, you get to appreciate the holiday a little more. Had a full turkey day meal at the mess hall and stuffed myself silly.

Masamuneehs, any observed holiday is better than any other day. It's just more free time to watch anime or play video games, or whatever you like to do.

dragonrage
Thu, 11-23-2006, 03:50 PM
No they are not short on server space. I just didn't see the point of creating a new thread when a perfectly good one was already up. Besides it might be fun reading the different experiences from year to year.

Besides isn't it one of the objectives of all members to avoid clutter and making double threads. I am sure I read that somewhere. :p

@ masa : I don't like turkey either, and nor do I really much enjoy the company that I am in, but it puts a smile on my parents faces knowing that I am there. Sometimes it is fun to see what the older generation are up too and hearing there stories and observing how they react to one and other. Which in itself can be quite enjoyable.

Animeniax
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey sorry dude, just a little miffed they merged my new "Rurouni Kenshin" thread with one from 2005 titled "Rurouni Kenshin OVA". Anyway, happy turkey day.

Carnage
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:28 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Im just greatful for no school :D

dragonrage
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:34 PM
no problem, but if you did a search you would have found about 5 rurouni kenshin threads 2 of which are dedicated to the ovas so there was no point in having another one.

But back on topic.

Dinner time is approaching quite quickly man am I hungry. The hostess of this year's dinner has prepare something special for me since i don't really like turkey, ain't she sweet. Well a few more hours of anime watching and I am off to enjoy or ;something to that extent Thanksgiving.

Seeya all tomorrow.may you night be filled with laughter and if not at least may your stomach be filled with food. :D :D :D

take care all

Deadfire
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey sorry dude, just a little miffed they merged my new "Rurouni Kenshin" thread with one from 2005 titled "Rurouni Kenshin OVA". Anyway, happy turkey day.

Be thankful thats all we did :P

Happy thanksgiving to those US Gotwooters, us Canadian ones had ours last month :)

Mizuchi
Thu, 11-23-2006, 05:11 PM

will you be eating goose because you live in england?

Boomstick
Thu, 11-23-2006, 05:49 PM
A happy Thanksgiving to all (I already had mine in october being canadian). Go stuff yourself with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatos, pumpkin pie and all that other good stuff and be thankful that you only have to see some relatives once a year.:D

imanewb
Thu, 11-23-2006, 05:49 PM
yeah
happy thanksgiving

RedX1z
Thu, 11-23-2006, 07:01 PM
to the one time in a year where you won't be critizied for stuffing your face like crazy.

happy turkey day, people of gotwoot!

Sapphire
Fri, 11-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I find myself with highly limited internet access in the middle of the Arizona desert. But, I have all the food I can possibly eat and I'm somehow still full even though I ate like 7 hours ago.. and I'm thankful for that. (?)

Happy Thanksgiving! Have fun shopping tomorrow, er, today!

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-24-2006, 02:58 AM
my thanksgiving was quite a tri[. went to my cousin Daryle (thats a female)'s house for today, down in Co-op City Bronx, read about it if you don't know what i'm speaking of.

andlooking back on my attitude earlier, i truly was not Thnakful enough for the blessed life that i live. i mean, goddamn, i could easily fall into the range of sub-humands who lack the internet, or awesomely rich parents, and are just wastes of good air. i'm lucky to be who i am, where i am, and surrounded by the (some, but most often,times) good people i am so blessed to have.

i still fucking hate turkey, but i gotta be thankful for having the o-ption to forgoe it for moe stuffing and ham instead. thanksgiving ain't all that bad. if it was easy to deal with relatives and all that shit, it wouldn't be worthwile to have them in the first place. count 'em.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showpost.php?p=317473&postcount=318

Bucket
Fri, 11-24-2006, 04:19 AM
So who managed to catch "Alice's Restaurant and the Thanksgiving Day Massacree"?

iLoveHotCoCo
Fri, 11-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
Yes I know I'm a little late, but my house was a mad house yesterday.. Both my mom's and my dad's sides of the family came so it was about 30+ people to cook for.. I always like holidays at my house bc instead of getting just Turkey and the usual trimmings, we also get spanish pork, yellow rice and beans, and spring rolls and noodles!
The only thing that was kinda bad was that my aunt was mad that I made mashed sweet potatoes because she made the same thing and it was like a big deal over nothing -_- [mine was better btw because i put cinnamon and marshmallows in it =D ] anyways after an hour everyone got drunk on puerto rican rum and spanish wine and it was all good..

Edit: Leftovers = second best thing about Thanksgiving..

BioAlien
Fri, 11-24-2006, 12:02 PM
happy thanksgiving to everyone in USA
(thanksgiving was October 9 in Canada... lol)

Animeniax
Fri, 11-24-2006, 12:42 PM
You canucks always gotta one-up us yanks, and now you're celebrating holidays earlier too, just to make us look bad.

Just kidding, I love Canadia and its people. Check out Weird Al's tribute, a new take on Green Day's song "American Idiot":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15NuesOh_JQ

ChaosK
Fri, 11-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! :D

Too bad Thanksgiving Asian style doesn't involve a giant turkey. :p

RedX1z
Fri, 11-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! :D

Too bad Thanksgiving Asian style doesn't involve a giant turkey. :p

that's where you're wrong, my friend. for me, you get the turkey, and all the things you'd normally eat, plus the random rice.

complich8
Sun, 11-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Mine was great ... I spent wednesday cleaning up my apartment and traveling home, saw an aunt I hadn't seen in almost 2 years on the way back. Spent thursday afternoon playing FFXII, then went to a buddy's house for a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat. Haven't been back home in the better part of a year (since last Christmas, actually), so I hadn't seen him in a while, and got along with his family (my adopted ... err, third? fourth? family). Hung out all night, playing guitar hero 2, chatting, watching movies, chatting more, drinking some very good beer and eating a wide variety of very well-made pie... all in all, a great day.

Friday, we did my family's get-together thing, had another Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat, loaded up on traditional thanksgiving foods with my mom, stepdad, brother and sister-in-law. So there's the first family, too...

Saturday, went out with a couple of friends, hung out with the "second adopted family" for a while and caught up with them. It's nice to have a close-knit neighborhood that I grew up in, even if it's not where I live anymore. Didn't get to see the "third adopted family" ... they were out of town all weekend, but ... I'll catch them at Christmas :p.

There's a couple family members of mine that I'd rather not see. A few aunts that just breathe venom... My mom has finally realized that that's how they are, and that we're all better off being with people that want us to be happy rather than people that try to make us miserable. Not seeing them really makes for a better experience, all in all :).

So, if you've been wondering where your benevolent admin staff has been ... well, there's your answer :p.

Board of Command
Sun, 11-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Canada already had its Thanksgiving but I didn't do anything because my family is boring. We don't do much for holidays. My dad says it's best to just "rest."

Assertn
Sun, 11-26-2006, 11:14 PM
HAPPY THANKS GIVING! ITS TURKEY TIME, BITCH!i/expressions/beer.gif
lol xd

Wow.....i forgot all about the fridge fiasco of last year. ah thxgiving

darkmetal505
Sun, 11-26-2006, 11:20 PM
My friends hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for those of us who hadn't really had a genuine one today.

Stuffing is good.

dragonrage
Sun, 11-26-2006, 11:34 PM
this year's thanksgiving was pretty damn good. I didn't eat alot of turkey, just enough to please the hostess, then she gave me the thing that she made just for me, gonna keep that a secret. It tasted awsome.

Ended up sleeping over, didn't come home until this afternoon ( Thursday night to Sunday afternoon). Had a shit load of laundry staring me in the face when i came home, ouch.

I got to make friends with an airline technician, pretty damn cool guy. Even better he builds drag cars as a hobby, freaking awsome. He has this one car that just screams drive me. But I can't really handle that kinda power just yet.

Next year's spring and summer is shaping pretty well. It is gonna be interesting.

I give thanks for the opportunities that I have had and will have.

SK
Mon, 11-27-2006, 03:09 AM
I had a good Thanksgiving, lots of food, and it was nice to be at home for a few days.

ChaosK
Mon, 11-27-2006, 07:24 PM
I had Thanksgiving Asian style...

XanBcoo
Mon, 11-27-2006, 08:03 PM
I had a pretty good thanksgiving, even though I had a cold for most of my time off school.

Now I'm coming back to school with a Wii to greet me as well as about 30 cookies, 2 pies, and some brownies that my mom made. That, I am truly thankful for.

Spiegel
Mon, 11-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah i had a preaty good thanksgiving, Went bowling witht he family and played Guitar Hero 2 with my older brother. Fried Turkey and sweet potatoes and other stuff, and that fried turkey made a GREAT turkey and sefood gumbo sunday. Overall a great holiday.

-Spiegel

RedX1z
Wed, 11-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Thanksgiving is coming up. So, I'll say this now.

I wish the very best for everyone here at Gotwoot and may everyone here enjoy that day with your families and other loved ones. Take that day to enjoy what you have and what you are truly thankful for.

Lucifus
Wed, 11-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Thanksgiving is coming up. So, I'll say this now.

I wish the very best for everyone here at Gotwoot and may everyone here enjoy that day with your families and other loved ones. Take that day to enjoy what you have and what you are truly thankful for.
What he said, o and i'll add my own little bit.

To you bastards here at Gotwoot. Sick and twisted bastards most of you may be, but your still Gotwoots bastards. Happy thanksgiving.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 11-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even thou it isnt till tommorow) :P

Animeniax
Wed, 11-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Why do we say "happy" Thanksgiving and "merry" Christmas? Why not "merry Thanksgiving" and "happy Christmas"? I think the Brits and Japanese say "happy Christmas." Since they don't celebrate Thanksgiving, that's a null point.