PDA

View Full Version : Superman Returns

Knives122
Sat, 11-19-2005, 01:22 AM
It came on during Smallville the other night and I dont know if any of you guys saw it so here it is:

I have sent them you, my only son (http://www.bluetights.net/)

it was pretty good(I think it might be better then the full King Kong Trailer), although singer say thats it's the "follow up" to Superman II (which I don't like at all(I wanted it to be like Batman Begins)). I really don't/didn't care how the movie turned out(in a sense) as long as they got a working feeling down for how he actually flew(speed wise, b/c those old supes movies were not cutting it) and they actually did that.

so hopefully it'll be good(or as good as a superman movie can get -_- )

make sure you pic full screen on quicktime.

ChiaCheese
Sat, 11-19-2005, 06:41 AM
i saw both this and the Kong trailer before the Harry Potter movie. In my case at least i didn't find the trailer very effective. it didn't really show us anything and the only thing that got me interested at all was hearing Brando. That's not to say that the movie is going to be good or bad, all it did was leave me with the same lukewarm feeling i started with. Kong on the other hand, i can't wait for Kong!

edited to add that the large majority of the audience at the theater cheered after the Superman trailer.

XwingRob
Mon, 11-21-2005, 05:44 PM
WTF, what would be the point in doing a follow up to Superman II?
Anyways, I do hope this will be a good movie.

Psyke
Tue, 11-22-2005, 06:29 AM
I'm more of a Marvel Guy, but I'm looking forward to seeing this. The new score sounds a bit weird, after all the old one from John Williams is already a classic.

Strider
Sat, 12-03-2005, 09:45 AM
I'll go see it. Although, I am not expecting much.

I'm disappointed with the appearance of Superman, and the two trailers I have seen didn't sway me much into desiring it any more.

And, while Batman Begins was fucking phenomenal, I wouldn't hold my breath for this film. So, I'm with Psyke -- Make Mine Marvel!

aznroyale
Tue, 12-06-2005, 07:50 AM
might watch this movie

Psyke
Sat, 12-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Some new pics of the man in tights:

http://img495.imageshack.us/img495/4559/500x6504bi.jpg

http://img495.imageshack.us/img495/5678/supermanscan8cp.jpg

RedX1z
Sat, 12-24-2005, 07:35 PM
i expect the same thing as i expected of batman, a great movie. though, yeah, i'm not too happy with the old fashioned superman..

Hakeem_21
Fri, 12-30-2005, 10:20 AM
I saw the trailer when i went to Narnia it looked better than i tought.

Bryan Singer is good i hope he doesnt make the man of steel to look bad.

Psyke
Sun, 01-15-2006, 10:45 AM
More pics...

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3882/supes12ow.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6524/supes23ns.jpg

Assassin
Sun, 02-05-2006, 11:22 PM
why does superman look so homo? the new costume actually makes him look like a complete retard. that was never the case with the old superman movies. also the actor is not superman material. he doesnt have the rite body. head looks too small.

Knives122
Mon, 02-06-2006, 12:30 AM
superman doesn't need to be some muscle bound idiot(remember zod), he looks fine, and that's probably the closet we'll get to a christopher reeves look alike

anphorus
Mon, 02-06-2006, 09:12 AM
I wish they'd have given him Superman's other haircut, the one he had through most of the 80's instead of this "classic" one. I mean, they did change the costume, so why not?

Assassin
Mon, 02-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
superman doesn't need to be some muscle bound idiot(remember zod), he looks fine, and that's probably the closet we'll get to a christopher reeves look alike

i didnt say he needs to be a muscle bound idiot, i said he doesnt have the rite body. What i mean is, his frame doesnt fit the whole 'man of steel' image. Look at the actor who palys clark in smallville. He isn't particularly muscular, but he has that superman physique.

It mite just be because of the costume though. I want to see a superman movie starring smallville characters. like a final episode type thing, where clark finally goes to metropolis and puts on teh costume. that would make a wicked end to the series.

Paulyboy
Mon, 02-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin

Originally posted by: Knives122

i didnt say he needs to be a muscle bound idiot, i said he doesnt have the rite body. What i mean is, his frame doesnt fit the whole 'man of steel' image. Look at the actor who palys clark in smallville. He isn't particularly muscular, but he has that superman physique.

It mite just be because of the costume though. I want to see a superman movie starring smallville characters. like a final episode type thing, where clark finally goes to metropolis and puts on teh costume. that would make a wicked end to the series.

Yeah you are actually right about that he just dosen't have that look, and yeah clark off of smallville would look alot better.