PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 160 Discussion

poopdeville
Thu, 11-17-2005, 03:02 AM
Suckers. Teh torrent is teh going. I predict that Sasuke is going to have a change of heart about Konoha and come back in this episode.

Edit: Holy crap, that was so silly. The episode even ended with Akamaru barking.

I liked the art work and coloring in this arc. Some of the animation was very pretty too. It really looked like a highly stylized action movie at times, instead of a kiddy show.

el_boss
Thu, 11-17-2005, 07:08 AM
The arc is over already? It had a very nice Disney ending though, "You are innocent Sazanami no go free and graze in the wast plains". I can't belive that Hinata didn't see that those first guys they fought were clones. Too bad Sazanami missed out on the 100,000,000 bounty, oh well better luck next time.

The next episode has potential to be funny and good. I mean Gai and Lee action and ugly Gai and Lee clones.

redemption2
Thu, 11-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss

The next episode has potential to be funny and good. I mean Gai and Lee action and ugly Gai and Lee clones.

Could you be more specific on the ugly ones?

Kraco
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:09 AM
The preview of the next episode (arc) was a bit bizarre, but hopefully it'll have a better story than this short one. I mean, this man, Gosunguki (or whatever was his name) was supposed to be a mass murderer. I thought there would be some fancy fights at least, but all we saw were a few lousy henchmen and a couple of next to useless jutsus. Well, at least we got one full filler arc without a single rasengan...

Sakura was shown briefly near the end of the preview. I wonder if she will be in the actual adventure. That's too bad; even Hinata is somewhat funny at times (or otherwise interesting, when near waterfalls), but Sakura has few redeeming qualities. And with Sakura there's always the bloody possibility that we will get no end of Sasuke whining...

Ero-Fan
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:20 AM
God, if Sakura is involved in the next arc, I can almost guarantee that it will somehow invole them trying to locate or find a method of locating Sasuke. If not, I bet I know how the next filler will go. 1. Mission assigned to Genin, supposedly low rank mission or they'll assign a shit ton of genin to it. 2. Naruto and group get schooled by bad guy in first fight, and fairly easily. 3. The next time they fight the bad guy, the group beats his ass. 4. Rasengan for the finish.
Sigh, I wish they'd invole more of Shikamaru and/or Neji.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:34 AM
No you don't, cause they'd only screw up their characters more.

Episode sucked even for filler. The filler writers must really like claws. And...doesn't the fucking Stone Village have any ninja of its own? You have foreign ninjas walking around and giant gold bells being stolen in your capital and you don't have any ninjas there? Retaaaaaaded.

Kraco
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
...And...doesn't the fucking Stone Village have any ninja of its own? You have foreign ninjas walking around and giant gold bells being stolen in your capital and you don't have any ninjas there? Retaaaaaaded.

The Stone village ninjas were too stoned to do anything about it...

Ero-Fan
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:53 AM
They should just make a long filler arc of Naruto and company taking the chunin exam again. Just throw in some useless filler characters to fill out the teams that lost members and have the exam. It would kill shit tons of time and there wouldn't have to be much storyline. Just an excuse to have a tournament with tons of fight scenes and little plot, since these writers can't do plot very well on their own. And since fillers can't affect the real storyline, just have them all fail again.

el_boss
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by: Ero-Fan
Sigh, I wish they'd invole more of Shikamaru and/or Neji.

The Curry arc involved Neji and it still sucked major balls.

Originally posted by: redemption2

Originally posted by: el_boss

Could you be more specific on the ugly ones?

No. Since I have only seen the preview for the next episode I don't really know what it's about.

nests
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Wasnt that a slug in the preview I wonder if it was Tsunades

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 11-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Another chunnin exam or some sort of tournament would be a goodfall back storyline for some filler. Hard to believe that the writers can't even come up with something like that.

Kraco
Thu, 11-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Yeah. It would be too much to ask that they actually wrote one long storyline for the rest of the episodes reserved for fillers. That would allow them enough time to include a few likable new charaters, like real genins from some never heard of but still believable village. If only a limited number of Konoha genins were included, it would force a greater attachment to the new characters (and a stronger bond between them and the usual characters). One or two such new characters could then face an untimely end to make the whole story more tragic and give it a heavier impact factor. Despite all the restrictions placed on the fillers, such a relatively long arc would certainly allow artistic quality close enough to the manga arc to make it enjoyable. But of course they would need to fire the host of monkeys typing the usual filler scripts and hire some humans instead...

Jedi Guardian
Thu, 11-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Another chuunin exam wouldn't work, because they occur only once a year maybe. And, given certain things I probably shouldn't reveal, that wouldn't quite fit with the premise of the post-filler manga. (Yeah, I got impatient w/ the lousy filler.) However, I do like the idea of, you know, an actual storyline for the filler--as opposed to unadulterated crap being flinged at us a little bit at a time.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 11-17-2005, 01:10 PM
I could have sworn they said a Chunin exam was held twice a year? Yeah, I kinda understand how with what's coming up after the fillers are done, a chunin exam could mess up the storyline a little. But goddamn they need something better than these quick missions. Still, I gotta say, this filler still beats out the tea country, mizuki, and curry arcs by far. Maybe it's too hard for these filler writers to come up with storylines that are decent and a decent length.

Jedi Guardian
Thu, 11-17-2005, 01:56 PM
It's twice a year? Oh. Well, same difference. And thanks for the correction.

Divinity
Thu, 11-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Hmmm... Not bad... The mission went pretty fast, but I guess that's a good thing. Can't wait for the next episode!

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-17-2005, 03:21 PM
lmao @ the fighting in this episode. The animators aren't even trying anymore. All the once cool attacks now feel like bullshit.
And the way they slaughter great music is amazing too. The fantastic Chouji pseudo-death theme will now be affiliated with random crap. Bah.

Well at least Sazanami is still the best filler character so far.

And next episode will probably be funny i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Edit: 19 to go!

Cyberdude93
Thu, 11-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
And the way they slaughter great music is amazing too. The fantastic Chouji pseudo-death theme will now be affiliated with random crap. Bah.

Agreed. If there's one thing I hate about fillers, it's that. Same with the music they used on drunk Lee in the curry arc. Like that scene is on the same level as the Lee/Sasuke VS Gaara fights.

And I agree with everyone who's suggesting another Chuunin exam, especially for the fights. I prefer to see something like Kiba VS Shino instead of a Haku-clone arc.

tali/spetz
Thu, 11-17-2005, 05:38 PM
I think it was pretty good... I mean I recently got into the naruto episodes during there release in the USA on Cartoon Network. It was pretty addicting but, I really don't think the filler is that bad for being a filler. Although I'm no anime buff it was still pretty good archive if at all interesting atleast.

As for where they should take the story, I think they should do the whole kakashi story since they kinda of hint at it when he talks about his revenge and how sas how its spelled talk just before sound 5 jump him. I think it would be pretty interesting since so little is really known about him. I think either sensei would be good. I wouldn't mind hearing jiyira's story. But yea for the most part I guess they can't really bend the story without really screwing up the linearcy of the manga and anime, cause thats how it seems ran for the most part. But Im looking forward to the next archive.

better yet, who in the hell is naruto parents? That would probably be interesting, be like a frickin jerry springer episode.

Krbadass
Thu, 11-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Ive finally stopped watching the whole episodes and instead fast forwarding to the fighting parts ( which blow also )

Keno
Thu, 11-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Im just watching them for the sake of watching them.. LOL
I dont feel an urge to watch a new episode but I keep d/l them as soon as I see them out.
I guess FMA, FMP (all 3), Bleach had an impact on me since Naruto is what got me into watching anime fansubs.

This 2 eps felt like they really really didnt know what to put in there. I mean, the lazyness is showing. Maybe the producers themselves are bitching at their own work like everyone here does. LOL

The next episode seems like it could be phun. It seems like the only thing saving this show is the characters. Im telling ya, everything else has taken a straight dive into crap. Story, music, animation, villians, ack!!

Kraco
Thu, 11-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by: Keno
It seems like the only thing saving this show is the characters.

When the script writing monkeys are finished with the characters after 20 more filler weeks, you won't even recognize them anymore...

tali/spetz
Thu, 11-17-2005, 07:51 PM
ouch... the script, it hurts so bad! Ack! the story it burns the skin and yet it lives...

^^^

thats how u make it sound.

Aeon
Thu, 11-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Argh another Lee episode next week, they really need to dedicate more screen time to Ino.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-18-2005, 04:28 PM
What the fuck for?

Naruto_Fan
Fri, 11-18-2005, 11:24 PM
yea same here. i don't have the patience to watch thru the entire filler episode. i decided that i'll wait and download the subtitled episodes, but just skim thru the episodes..

darkmetal505
Sat, 11-19-2005, 01:02 PM
this episode was stupid. As was this 2 episode arc.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 11-19-2005, 05:07 PM
There's nothing particularlly bad about this episode just nothing particularlly good or interesting. Me and my roommate had to force ourselfves to watch this but after we finished watching it we washed the bad taste from our mouths by digging into a our quickly dwindling samurai champloo stache (dammit have to ration it out to have any hopes of enduring more of the fillers). Yesh it's almost like if an american animation studio was allowed to produce naruto. This crap is so fricking generic, I swear if the whole series was filled with nothing but this I would have never bothered watching it. God even with semi interesting elements like a bounty hunter it was still tedious and boring. WHY IS IT SO FRICKING HARD TO MAKE A HALF DECENT STORYLINE WHY DOES THE STUDIO HIRE MONKEYS TO WRITE THE SCRIPS! I hope kishimoto sees this crap and does something about it. sigh 5 more months to go.

masamuneehs
Sun, 11-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Wow, all the potential I thought this filler arc could have disappeared really quickly.

Lame backstory, Byakugan failed to identify Kage Bunshin from real people, samurai makes his heroic entrance after overcoming his wounds, villain captured, justice served.

I thought they were going to have to do something with Naruto and Co trying to rescue the samurai from the bounty hunter and the villagers. But all of a sudden it was like "yeah, it was the wrong guy all along. sorry for making you a fugitive for ten years and turning you into a killer."

I'm strongly considering skipping the next few episodes. Right now they're just a waste of time.

EDIT: Yep, I was wrong... sorry guys... BUT WHERE THE HELL DID THOSE GUYS LEARN KAGE BUNSHIN FROM ANYHOW!?!?!?! Thought it was stored away in Konoha's Forbidden Scrolls (i know Kakashi has it, but he at least is a Konoha Jounin)

Cyberdude93
Mon, 11-21-2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Lame backstory, Byakugan failed to identify Kage Bunshin from real people...

http://www.nuticulus.net/drscotsman/trash/images/by1.jpg
http://www.nuticulus.net/drscotsman/trash/images/by2.jpg

Was it also lame in episode 60?

Necromas
Mon, 11-21-2005, 07:23 AM
I knew someone was going to bring up the byakugan vs. Kage bunshins thing, without remembering the Naruto vs Neji fight.

Onineku
Mon, 11-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

I'm strongly considering skipping the next few episodes. Right now they're just a waste of time.

i highly agree with this statement...

Inazuma
Mon, 11-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Waste of time, Bw and Mb

DeathScytheHCv2
Tue, 11-22-2005, 01:57 PM
what should I do?
Laughting
Crying
Naruto is following the steps of GSD. The monkeys need to work harder. Im confident that they can do 19 ep without them being full of crap, cant they?

Noir
Thu, 11-24-2005, 12:22 AM
The fillers are no where as near as good as the manga story-line.... but there is a lot worse out there. Just glad I am still getting my Naruto fix!

Cal_kashi
Thu, 11-24-2005, 04:28 AM
I agree with Noir, its still something to watch every week, its still enertaining for that 23 or 19 min you watch it, its certainly better than a great deal of the trash on television.

HOTPROPHET
Sun, 11-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Naruto is still great, it'll be greater once the fillers are over in spring and the story continues. we must simply resist till then. I really want to see some developpement happen myself but there are fillers for a reason you all know and the writers are doing what they can to keep us entertained. Let's keep Naruto on TOP!