PDA

View Full Version : Age of Mythology

Strike Freedom
Thu, 11-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Hey everyone, I wonder if anyone here has tried this game. If so, and you're pretty good at it, I would like to ask for some assistance. I can never beat the game on anything other than easy. I try the moderate level and I get wiped out by the computer. What strategies do you recommend?

I know this game is not as recent as some of the ones mentioned here, but it is a great game. If anyone still plays it, perhaps we can play online against one another.

Thanks in advance.

complich8
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:46 PM
I got tired of it when I was able to consistently beat everything that the computer opponents threw at me... stopped playing, moved on to other things.

My advice for you: prioritize early resources above everything else. Get more peasants than the opponent, and the world is yours. If you can make it so that you can build a new command group as fast as you can lose an old one, then all you need to do is find the right balance of units to crush the enemy.

Oh, and don't forget multiple production buildings for the troops. I found that having 3 of any troop-producing building stacked right next to each other generally kept my resources occupied.

Ero-Fan
Fri, 11-18-2005, 01:18 PM
If your not doing the storyline mode (or campaign, whatever) There are two easy maps that allow you to survive for a long time. 1) The acropolis map - You can just wall off the two entrances to your little hill and defend them easily, since your enemy has only two ways to get in. 2) The river nile - Make a shit-ton of enemies and wall off your little land mass from the river, then line that wall with towers. The closer to the river, the better, troops won't be able to land and you can destroy almost any ship that comes nearby. Both these maps I played on for hours and hours on any difficulty level. They give you plenty of time to upgrade and prepare to assualt each enemy at your convience.

Strike Freedom
Mon, 11-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Thank you all guys, I really appreciate the feedback. Hopefully I can improve now i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif