PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 58 Discussion

LaZie
Wed, 11-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Dattebayo (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b58.torrent)

Discuss! Im currently trying to get it slowly........

FrogKing
Wed, 11-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Very nice can't wait to download. Thanks.

edit: OMG that was an excellent episode...I will have to definately watch that again! As per reserving spots, I only posted because I too was refreshing DB so I could start dl'ing as soon as possible...Lazy just beat me to it.

masamuneehs
Wed, 11-16-2005, 01:58 AM
I am not writing anything here yet. I will input a quality entry here ASADownload+View aka 'later'.

Haha, 3rd post!

((Can I reserve spots in a discussion thread like this?... am i insane?))

EDIT: Pretty damn cool episode. I liked how it was mostly from Byakuya's POV...

Ichigo is too good, totally turned the tables on Byakuya. The Bankai release was sorta anti-climactic (i said the same thing Byakuya did, about it being too small), but the fight was badass. "Our pride" indeed... If any character in this show needs an episode or two dedicated to fleshing out bakcstory, its Byakuya! I can see him as a stickler for the rules, but the idea that he went beyond the normal punishment to appealling for Rukia to be executed as if it were a higher crime committed by a higher authority (treason as a Vice or Captain) does suggest an ulterior motive besides just personal pride...

hitsugaya and Big-Tits are back! The twisted plot of the Soul Society coup finally seems to be taking form.... too bad Hinamori is going to interfere in the upcoming battle...

That place Hitsugyaya and Matsumoto went to, the "Central 40" was it? Why was that never mentioned before? I always thought Genryussai-sama was in charge of Soul Society (tho now its clear he is probably only in charge of the Gotei 13, with whoever resides in the Central 40 being the true masters of SS)... I wonder what the hell kind of guards they had posted around 40, and who called them off... The plot thickens...

The humor seemed a little bit poorly placed/weak in this episode. Everything else was Spot-fucking-on.... Except, I can't help but wonder how depressed Zaraki Kenpachi is getting, just watching this massive fight go on between 2 people I'm sure he'd love a chance to fight against...

nests
Wed, 11-16-2005, 02:26 AM
havent seen the subbed version but I saw the raw and this is all I have to say http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/w/thumbs.gif

V
Wed, 11-16-2005, 02:54 AM
#%!*$&$%*!$!!&@(*&*@(&^(*&ampi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif(*{

That is all you'll be able to say after this ep. Out of 5 stars, I give it 11. But you gotta wonder how that ledge stays up.

I hope they show more of Spiky and Zangetsu (or whatever it is) training. That sword dude is awesome.

edit: As I'm watching it again, DB says they heard Bleach was going on a 22 ep filler arc. I hope that's a joke.

nests
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:25 AM
If they are going to do that it means that the anime wont end
seeing how bleach anime is much closer to the manga than the naruto one I say bring it on http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/t/pissed.gif as longest bleach doesnt end

Kensee
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by: V
#%!*$&$%*!$!!&@(*&*@(&^(*&(*{

That is all you'll be able to say after this ep. Out of 5 stars, I give it 11. But you gotta wonder how that ledge stays up.

I hope they show more of Spiky and Zangetsu (or whatever it is) training. That sword dude is awesome.

edit: As I'm watching it again, DB says they heard Bleach was going on a 22 ep filler arc. I hope that's a joke.

That ledge is the ledge amongst ledges! Behold, you could build a house upon it, a hurricane could hit it and a typhoon ... the house would be gone .. but the ledge! the ledge would remaine!

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:14 AM
Mmm, absolutely delicious.

I don't know if its got any new powers, but so far, Ichigo's bankai just seems to make him even stronger and faster. That's fine by me. Enough speed and power will overcome any number of wierd powers the others might give them. Wierd sword though. Manji for a hilt and a short chain that doesn't look like it goes anywhere. Love that black blade though.

Two points I do wanna make though:

Ichigo's new outfit is not the goodneed. I realize its to make him look like Zangetsu, but honestly, he was cooler looking wearing the flight mantle.

This fight is really, REALLY similar to Lee vs. Gaara. I mean, if you turn the petals into sand its pretty much exactly the same, a flowing wall vs. extreme speed.

Really good shit though. Looks like Hitsugaya is doing stuff again. About time. Still don't know where Ken's Vice captain is. I mean, she has to have got to the grounds by now if the rest of the group is already at the bottom of the steps. I guess they are gonna run into Renji/Rukia on the way up. I wonder which way they go then.

((Can I reserve spots in a discussion thread like this?... ))
You can, but its pretty juvenile.

yapchagi
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:26 AM
Ichigo's bankai...nice!
We'll see another bankai of Byakuya's in the next episode...Check the trailer for the next episode! It's the same bankai that we see in the opening song.

Kensee
Wed, 11-16-2005, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by: yapchagi
Ichigo's bankai...nice!
We'll see another bankai of Byakuya's in the next episode...Check the trailer for the next episode! It's the same bankai that we see in the opening song.

Well I kinda doubt he has ANOTHER bankai, maybe just a different form or alteration... it's not like hes gonna summon a huge iron samarui or extend his sword into a huge snake, but it'll be around the same idea of his current abiliites.

The animation in the fight, ESPECIALLY during and after Ichigo's release was very nice, I was looking for it and it hit me. Him running circles around Bayaka was done very well.

As hits said, somethings werid is going on, and it could only mean another fight! ^^. Hopefully Hits will fight again.

Btw did anyone notice the Valley of the Gods during her run? .... I DID! +D

Dezalanel
Wed, 11-16-2005, 05:58 AM
Yay! Another awesome episode as usual. Great to see all this animated. Darth: I love the Zangetsu look on Ichigo it looks amazing. The mantle is cool as well though.

KoKo37
Wed, 11-16-2005, 06:39 AM
well imo ichigos bankai was awesome XD. i usally hate fat swords n i liked the hilt n the black blade XD. although his new outfit -.-" just looks lame imo lol

and on the begining of the dattebayo espisode it said " I hear bleach is going on a 22 espisode filler-arch like Naruto." well that kinda creeps me out lol, i was kind of hoping they would just take a break altogether and come back in a few months and continue following the manga with no fillers, although to be honest im new to anime so the only filler arc iv seen is Naruto and im almost 100% sure they can make up something better then that lol, so i suppose as long as they put some effort into it these fillers they could be alright XD ( although it just said " I hear " so they might not go on a filler arc though probally XD )

el_boss
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:17 AM
The last 2 or 3 minutes of the episode were awesome, the fight was great and Byakuya got owned. The rest was just chopped up bullshit whit shit sauce. Was it really necessary to cut away from every scene like 20 times. They are trying to juggle alot of things at once and they are doing a poor job. It really ruined the mood and the tension, but I guess they have to fill out the episodes somehow or else the Ichigo fight would only be one episode.

Stupid things in this episode:

Byakuya just watched when Ichigo loaded his bankai for an hour or so and all the time he was thinking "is it really a bankai... no thats impossible... but I could be wrong... no I'm never wrong... but that one time... no I was just young... and inexperienced... and drunk... he said he loved me... he said he would come back (sob sob sob)". This is the guy that has attacked Ichigo from behind several times, so this situation was just silly.

Ichigo had a clean shot at slicing Byakuyas throat and this is what happened.
-Byakuya: You didn't cut my throat... is that ok?
-Ichigo: As a matter of fact... it isn't. (Or something like that, I don't really remember.)

The filler thing is probably right. They will cut away from the Ichigo fight now and show some random stuff and alot of flashbacks.

Ichigo's new sword was kind of neat, I don't get the logic though. First the sword is small (pre shikai which we don't get to see but I'm assuming if it wasn't in auto shikai it would be normal sized). Then it gets big and then it becomes small again. It would have made more sence if it got smaller all the time and the bankai would be so thin that it would be near invisible. And also the bankai and the shikai have no connection. If you look at Byakuya his shikai is one "petal cloud" and his bankai is a thousand "petal clouds". Ichigo on the other hand, his shikai a big ass sword that shoots laser beams and his bankai a normal sized katana that makes him faster.

EpyonNext
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:23 AM
Everything will make perfect sense in the next two episodes.

That is all.

el_boss
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by: EpyonNext
Everything will make perfect sense in the next two episodes.

That is all.

In the next two episodes that might be fillers?

Munsu
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Why are you guys believing rumors from a shitty group like DB?

DDBen
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:48 AM
There not saying the NEXT 22 episodes will be filler but there most definatly will be a Filler arc after the conclusion of this one. The next arc isn't finished yet in the Manga and as such there is no way for them to immediately start animating that after this one. Essentially same as Naruto they need to just do a season while the manga has some time to skip ahead. Virtually every long series either does this or we could have DBZ's 6 episode 1 on 1 fights if you prefer.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 11-16-2005, 10:00 AM
This current arc won't finish for another 15-20 episodes. As long as they do the chapter to episode ratio
there won't be a filler arc for a while. Maybe a filler episode here and there.

naruto22
Wed, 11-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Spoilers....

The fact that its so small is what makes Ichigo UNIQUE above all other Bankais. So far, all Bankai's we've seen are HUMUNGOUS representations of their true forms, what with Mayuri with that Baby Poison Spouting Caterpillar, Komamura's huge Samurai Giant, Tosen's HUGE BLIND SPACE, Renji's Gigantic Snake Sword, and of course, Byakuya's extra hundred blades that become even many more thousand of petals.

Ichigo finally dispenses with the flashy displays and moves. His power is not flaunted or showed in everyone's face but rests condensed in a simple form. Remember, that the strongest dog never barks. Byakuya's reaction is not unique. If I didn't know what his bankai would really do, I also would think that Ichigo is pulling a huge prank.

Until one discovers that now to Ichigo, everything moves at tortoise speed.

One word abot Ichigo's bankai.......

EFFICIENCY

All the power that could have been manifested into a giant monster rests in a little katana. And what is the output of that Katana?

SPEED

Simple, yet elegant. Isn't that something we haven't been getting for some time? Its so refreshing to see a simple powerful move rather than something that takes an entire episode to recite the incantation.

The one thing we don't know yet is how sharp Zangetsu in Bankai form is. Of course it can cut through flesh, even a Captain's flesh. But what else can it do? I guess we'll find out next episode. Because Byakuya it seems, still has a trump card up his sleeve. So Ichigo better have one as well.

Oh, and as for why Ichigo didn't kill Byakuya, well, that's because the objective is to DEFEAT Byakuya and all the jerks who tried to execute Rukia. Besides, Ichigo knows that despite everything, Rukia still regards Byakuya as her brother. And Ichigo, being the sensitive touch nut that he is, knows it.

Plus the fact that Ichigo is a gentleman, unlike Byakuya who is a jerk. Nobility my ass.

Inazuma
Wed, 11-16-2005, 10:20 AM
This got to be rated 6/5 Stars ...
It's just ... Too great.
Does the series hide something like fillers ?

el_boss
Wed, 11-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

Why are DB suddenly a "shitty group"? They do great subs and they are extremely fast. Also they were right about the Naruto fillers.

Kraco
Wed, 11-16-2005, 12:51 PM
A very good episode. el_boss did have some points, but I'm not as concerned about them, and I'm willing to wait for the next episodes to explain things. Ichigo is certainly even ready to die to prove something - to somebody; himself or Byakuya?

It would also be nice to finally hear what is the main reason why Byakuya so badly wants Rukia to die. Is it just for the honour of the House Kuchiki, or something totally different.

Well, at last we got this extremely well balanced pair (of shinigamis, of course) back:
http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/1756/balancedpair4pg.jpg

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
This fight is really, REALLY similar to Lee vs. Gaara. I mean, if you turn the petals into sand its pretty much exactly the same, a flowing wall vs. extreme speed.

I thought the exact same thing. Especially at this part:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1036/ichibankai9nv.jpg

Byakuya was also controlling his bankai with his hands, which made it seem very similar to me. Only the "sand" is fluorescent pink. That being said, Ichigo's bankai is great. I love how he's dressed as Zangetsu. The coat suits him really well, very coo'. I like the logic of condensing the power into a small form. It's also completely black - which is awesome.

Kensee
Wed, 11-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
A very good episode. el_boss did have some points, but I'm not as concerned about them, and I'm willing to wait for the next episodes to explain things. Ichigo is certainly even ready to die to prove something - to somebody; himself or Byakuya?

It would also be nice to finally hear what is the main reason why Byakuya so badly wants Rukia to die. Is it just for the honour of the House Kuchiki, or something totally different.

Well, at last we got this extremely well balanced pair (of shinigamis, of course) back:
http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/1756/balancedpair4pg.jpg

Oh, the Valley of the Gods!
::is reminded of Baywatch::

>_< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, and I rather like Ichigos Bankai but remember theres still one or few bankais from the Intro we haven seen in an episode yet ^^

Munsu
Wed, 11-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss

Why are DB suddenly a "shitty group"? They do great subs and they are extremely fast. Also they were right about the Naruto fillers.

They don't translate accurately... and the group members are assholes... so no reason to believe them...

Naruto_RNG
Wed, 11-16-2005, 02:27 PM
@ Budweineken
did u got banned by them. cause they're subs are even better than Luner's. u should be thankful to them for making the subs so leechers like me and u could watch them.

Munsu
Wed, 11-16-2005, 02:31 PM
You think I care about getting banned? And no I wasn't...

And their subs are far from better than Lunar's... and that's alot coming from me when I hate Lunar...

Xrlderek
Wed, 11-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG
@ Budweineken
did u got banned by them. cause they're subs are even better than Luner's. u should be thankful to them for making the subs so leechers like me and u could watch them.

LOL, Better than Lunars, yeah right! The episode was amazing though! And the name of zangetsus ability(the blast from the shikai) was cool i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Moon's fangs slice heaven! And the bankai too! Heavenly Chains Slicing the Moon i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

el_boss
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Is anyone even watching the Lunar subs anymore? I don't see any reason for doing so since DB are faster and there is no other noticable difference. I don't know Japanase like you do Budweineken so I have never noticed that DB are inaccurate, also their grammar is correct and there are few spelling errors. I don't really care about their attitude, it's understandable since there are many annoying people out there that ask and do stupid stuff.

Kraco
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah. Although I don't know anything about the subject, but since DB is a big Naruto subber, it seems likely they receive lots of idiotic messaging from the most wretched kind of fanboys (and girls possibly). So, it wouldn't be a miracle if they had built some walls.

I get Lunar subs for archiving, but DB for the first view because I don't have the patience to wait for Lunar... There was recently a thread about this, wasn't there? I think a few people are dling also the Lunar versions. I suppose the biggest difference is the fact that Lunar has translated terms like Death god, Soul slayer, spirit force, etc... whereas DB mostly keeps the Japanese words in place. Although I have noticed Lunar hasn't been always adding so many of those additional translations on top of the screen.

mage
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:34 PM
lunar is superior to DB in every way.

Munsu
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:42 PM
My opinion on DB has nothing to do with how they treat noobs and such in their channel... It's just how they are in general, just a bunch of kids and jackasses...

So all I wanted to say is that they made the comment about the fillers to mess with all of you, and you guys can't realize that they've been fucking with you...

So, as you can see... it's not a matter of caring about their attitudes or not... It's a matter of knowing who they are and noticing that they've been messing with you, and you guys come here being all paranoid about it...

eat_toast
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:49 PM
http://img436.imageshack.us/img436/5359/bscap0367pd.jpg
awesome.
i really got a kick out of all the times byakuya is like: "i am teh ownage and i will kill you with my power" and then ichigo just stomps all over it. i kind of hope that the filler isnt true, but meh, we'll see. i still want to see the fight with the two captains vs the leader, as its been three(four?) weeks since they showed any of it.

Splash!
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Ichigo's bankai is pretty awesome, its so concise and simple. Not some BIG thing! Actually a unique sword

Knives122
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:53 PM
well I saw the pic of his bankai and I have to say that Im disappointed for KT to give us an entire ch. in color this just didnt really live up to the hype like in the manga.

Since Frogking wanted to see the differences I'll post the pics:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3296/162028wh.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7850/162069ba.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7845/162085op.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6441/16210119mz.jpg

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/3910/162131bj.jpg

this was alot better looking then the pic I saw for the ep:
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/3526/16214156xt.jpg

I told you guys(the ones that remember me saying this) that I liked it being the color white:
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/9038/162170bt.jpg

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/6809/162189vz.jpg

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/943/163145pi.jpg

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/8977/163198yf.jpg

Munsu
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:53 PM
One thing about Bankai, up on till now, we've thought that Bankai was sortof a summoning of the spirit of the soul slayer...

But with Ichigo we don't see nothing like that, other than he seems to have become somewhat like Zangetsu himself...

Can we say that our theory on Bankai is flawed in believing that it's the summoning of the spirit of the soul slayer? Or can we say that Ichigo summoned Zangetsu in himself (hence somwhat becoming him)?

Splash!
Wed, 11-16-2005, 03:58 PM
ichigo's bankai in the manga is slightly curved like a katana but its completely straight in the anime

Assertn
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:00 PM
I concur, DB's a bunch of pompous assholes....I've tried talking to them once......

Just as others have said, this is indeed like the Lee vs Gaara fight. Which is cool. Gotta admit though, I'm a little dissappointed if ichigo's bankai is just more speed and power. I can see that happening, since its an ability that the creator of the series can easily tweak as the story progresses (as opposed to say, Mayuri, byakuya, and the blind guy's bankais, where its either there, or it isnt). The concept was pretty clever, but it WAS a little anticlimactic, I agree.

I think I understand the trend between altered appearances after calling the bankai with the different characters now. Each character's bankai creates an outward manifestion of their zankpatoh in one form or another. For some characters, like Mayuri and the 4th captain, the manifestation is the sword literally taking the form of the entity. While with characters like ichigo, the manifestation is the character's own appearance with respect to the entity. Then you've got variations in between, like Renji, where his outfit reflects the monkey and his sword reflects the snake.

Jessper
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Byakuya just watched when Ichigo loaded his bankai for an hour or so and all the time he was thinking "is it really a bankai... no thats impossible... but I could be wrong... no I'm never wrong... but that one time... no I was just young... and inexperienced... and drunk... he said he loved me... he said he would come back (sob sob sob)". This is the guy that has attacked Ichigo from behind several times, so this situation was just silly.

Byakuya is staying in character, there is no way he would simply attack with out understanding what is happening, that is how he is. Also, if you read the dialogue, he is very full of him self and thinks a ryoka would have no chance against a captain of noble blood. There would be no reason he would feel threatened enough to make an attack at this point.

Ichigo had a clean shot at slicing Byakuyas throat and this is what happened.
-Byakuya: You didn't cut my throat... is that ok?
-Ichigo: As a matter of fact... it isn't. (Or something like that, I don't really remember.)

Nice paraphrase, anyways, what was going on is Ichigo told him that he didn't kill him there so that he could stomp on the pride Byakuya keeps talking about. He in no way made it impossible to kill Byakuya at that point, but rather he is now going to show Byakuya that he is not above everyone else. Though this was already stated earlier, I wanted to give my input.

Ichigo's new sword was kind of neat, I don't get the logic though. First the sword is small (pre shikai which we don't get to see but I'm assuming if it wasn't in auto shikai it would be normal sized). Then it gets big and then it becomes small again. It would have made more sence if it got smaller all the time and the bankai would be so thin that it would be near invisible. And also the bankai and the shikai have no connection. If you look at Byakuya his shikai is one "petal cloud" and his bankai is a thousand "petal clouds". Ichigo on the other hand, his shikai a big ass sword that shoots laser beams and his bankai a normal sized katana that makes him faster.

And? Remember the other captains? One shikai puts the enemy to sleep while the Bankai removes the senses. One paralyzes certain portions of the body while the Bankai is a huge bug that has a deadly poison cloud. Etc.

On top of that, this is assuming that Ichigo's Bankai does nothing else.

Also, the messages that DB puts at the start are always just to mess with people or be a joke, try looking at their other subs. Then again, that might be a bad idea if you believe everything they put in there.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Can we say that our theory on Bankai is flawed in believing that it's the summoning of the spirit of the soul slayer? Or can we say that Ichigo summoned Zangetsu in himself (hence somwhat becoming him)?
I'd say that last point is probably closest to the reality. Ichigo has "summoned" Zangetsu's spirit and it (Zangetsu) is manefested in Ichigo himself (changing the appearance of the sword at the same time).

Edit: Assertn made this point already, didn't see it.

For some characters, like Mayuri and the 4th captain, the manifestation is the sword literally taking the form of the entity. While with characters like ichigo, the manifestation is the character's own appearance with respect to the entity.
Also, looking at the manga scans, I would have to agree with Knives. The anime makes the appearance of Ichigo's Bankai pretty anticlimactic. It looks better in the manga to me (for once). The music was also inappropriate I think. The soft peice used at Rukia's execution just didn't work in this scene.

Edit 2:

First the sword is small (pre shikai which we don't get to see but I'm assuming if it wasn't in auto shikai it would be normal sized). Then it gets big and then it becomes small again.
The sealed state of Ichigo's sword is the sword he had at the beginning of the series (the one that was broken by Byakuya). And that sword was NOT small, even if it was only just a "big fluffy thing in the shape of a sword." So it goes: Big and fluffy (not much power) --> Big and powerful --> Small and extremely powerful

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Wow, Ichigo VS Byakuya really was a complete Naruto rip-off. I even think that some of the poses themselves were copied, I'm too lazy to take a screenshot, but when it zooms in on Ichigo and he says something like "Yet I can go much faster", he looked EXACTLY like Rock Lee when it zoomed in on him and he said "There's more!". Look it up i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Good stuff.

Hinamori's hair bun is so fugly.

FrogKing
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:25 PM
@ Knives122: Thanks for posting the pics. I wondered how the manga differed from the anime. By the way, was the release in chapter 162 or 163?
Perhaps for those who have read and watch the show, Ichigo's Bankai release was anticlimactic. For me (an anime viewer only), I thought it was awesome and the build up was worth the payoff. The only drawback is that we have to wait another week to see what else Byakuya is gonna throw at him (something to do with those pink swords that he used on Renji). Similarly, we have to wait to see what else Ichigo's Bankai ability can do to match Byakuya...

@ Assertn: I have been trying to grasp what the Bankai is and I think you come up with a very reasonable explanation. However until the training with Yoruichi, speed for Ichigo (or Zangetsu) wasn't an issue. Ichigo has certainly demonstrated power (but as for most captains power is a prerequisit); however, the flash step wasn't, at least I thought, something he was especailly good at until after his training. We have seen many captains demonstrate their ability to flash step and yet for Ichigo there is something special about his abilities. I think that when Byakuya steps up his fighting we'll see Ichigo's true Bankai ability which will be tied to speed and something with that badass black sword (which curved OR straight still looks awesome).

edit: Ok, the music didn't really fit, but it was certainly better than hearing "If you want to see some action...blah, blah, blah." Plus, I was in it for the visual not the audio, so the music didn't really detract from the scene, but I guess it didn't really add to it either. For all you manga readers, there is no audio coming from the book so what are you complaining about the music for anyways.

masamuneehs
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Wow, Ichigo VS Byakuya really was a complete Naruto rip-off. I even think that some of the poses themselves were copied, I'm too lazy to take a screenshot, but when it zooms in on Ichigo and he says something like "Yet I can go much faster", he looked EXACTLY like Rock Lee when it zoomed in on him and he said "There's more!". Look it up

Good stuff.

Hinamori's hair bun is so fugly.

Yeh, also, as mentioned before, Byakuya's controlling his Flower Petals with his hands was just like Gaara's Sand Coffin jutsu. Ichigo racing around like Rock Lee...

Finally, I honeslty am praying that the DB mentioning of 22 weeks of Bleach filler are just their weak attempt at a joke. It's not very funny... not at all... I do appreciate the speed with which that group releases their subs, but they are almost all dickheads and I think their quality is pretty poor sometimes... Too bad I'm so impatient...

Also, as far as the whole "is Bankai a summon or not" subject:
Renji, Captain Buckethead, Hitsugaya, Tousen and Captain Mayuri's Bankai's have all been pretty clear summons. Byakuya seems to just increase his sword power and split it up into pieces... I'm not sure if i'd call that a summon...

But Ichigo does seem to BECOME Zangetsu when he did Bankai... Not quite a summon, more like a morph technique. (I was sorta hoping he'd look more like a Hollow than Zangetsu, but oh well). But was Byakuya or whoever wrong when they said that Bankai is summoning the Zanpaktou spirit into the world? I don't think he was wrong. I just thing that The Form the Bankai takes may be external (Buckethead's giant Steel Samurai) or different form of the Zanpaktou (Renji, Byakuya) and finally, in Ichigo's case, the wielder becomes part of The Form itself...

I wonder if doing a Bankai that changes ones actual person have any permanent side effects?...

V
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't understand how anyone could think Spiky's Bankai is anticlimatic. It blew my mind when I saw it! Anyways, at the end, they seemed to be hinting that Spiky didn't even use all or any of his Bankai. Sure, he's got speed, but his sword hasn't done anything yet. I think the best is yet to come. C'mon... you gotta love that new soul slayer appearance. I think the whole point is that Spiky calls on Zangetsu to help him and they're basically in tandem while the others seem to order their Bankai around, but not work with it sort of deal. Same idea as the big dude Spiky beat up. You know, with the little pink bubblegum girl. Oh man, is she gonna fight?

Munsu
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Man, stop calling him Spiky... It's pretty lame

Board of Command
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Ichigo's bankai is pretty badass. The suit looks great with that black sword, and the sword is awesome. We've only seen the speed aspect of it, so expect the sword to have some insane power.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Yeh, also, as mentioned before, Byakuya's controlling his Flower Petals with his hands was just like Gaara's Sand Coffin jutsu. Ichigo racing around like Rock Lee...

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/4898/byakuyabankai7st.jpg
SABAKU KYU!!

The more and more I think about it, the cooler the idea that Ichigo kinda "summoned" Zangetsu into himself, giving him a huge power up seems. Also, I'm not a manga reader, but the appearance of his Bankai did seem anticlimactic to me, but that doesn't mean it wasn't cool either. I love his new look.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Wed, 11-16-2005, 06:06 PM
this eps was awesome. as soon an i saw byakuya's bankai in some real action i thought it was exactly like garras sand as well. ichigo looks badass and the bankai is pure asskickery. cant wait till he reveals more of its abilities

aznroyale
Wed, 11-16-2005, 06:14 PM
yeah eps was awsome, but somewhat bored to me since the moves are like Naruto

eat_toast
Wed, 11-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Man, im seeing alot of this: "this ep sucked because one guy said it looked like naruto and the other guy said the manga was different, so it wasnt good enough"
get over it. stop trying to agree with everyone that has a higher post count. it doesnt matter. take this anime episode for what it is, and nothing more. what it is: really good.

darkmetal505
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:16 PM
holy crap this was awesome. Its keeping with the manga very well, but the animation could have been better.

and yes, this was like the Gaara vs Rock Lee fight

Honoko
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:25 PM
i honestly didn't think of the gaara v. lee fight until you guys kept posting it over and over again in here. and i think the editing in this ep was a bit subpar compared to the other episodes. the comedic timing was off even tho those little skits were funny. jumping from those to the byakuya v. ichigo fight was a bit jarring and out of place.

Deadfire
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:29 PM
I see everyone has compared it to Garra and Lee's battle already... (I was waitting for the weighs to drop personally)

Well i have to say the storyline still really isn't making much sence (although it hasn't made sence for SOME time now) but the action is such a event, I can't wait for the next eps now as I can always expect a level of action that is killer...

Also Byakuya is staying in charactor very well which leads me to think this fight will get to a level that it will be hard to top

Aeon
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Meh this ep would've been good if I hadn't already seen it on Naruto. Atleast Yachiru shows up again next ep. I also predict that Gin and Aizen who I still think is alive killed everybody inside that 40place. Guards don't just disappear.

ToFuGuY
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:53 PM
whoa whoa whoa .. great episode but ya, like so many other ppl said, it is so similar to lee and gaara's fight

i didnt like how they kept jumping back and forth from the fight and everyone else.. annoy much!
and who the hell are the central 40?!

EDIT: just out of curiosity, which manga group were the manga pics from??

Deadfire
Wed, 11-16-2005, 08:03 PM
just a thought...

Central 40 is like the head goverment building( where the people in charge of SS are) and that if that is true then that leads the story interestling atray

edit grammer

Kraco
Wed, 11-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Byakuya bound Renji with some demon magic before shredding him. I wonder if he tries to do the same thing with Ichigo - only to find out, like Rukia did in the past, that the guy isn't that easy to bind at all.

Despite the similary to the Gaara - Lee fight, I doubt we will see Ichigo getting his ass kicked and then saved by Yachiru at the very last moment, like Gai saved Lee. Even if Yachiru almost has to make an appearance soon enough.

KoKo37
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by: Honoko
i honestly didn't think of the gaara v. lee fight until you guys kept posting it over and over again in here..

lol same here, although now that i look more it really does resemible it x.X lol although still was entertaining even if they did copy a bit XD

also about the sound well uhh i wasn't paying much attention to the sound lol, But Thank GOD they didn't play that stupid if you wanna see some action song, OMG that song drives me nuts lol, like do they think that song sounds cool?? lol

Originally posted by: Aeon
I also predict that Gin and Aizen who I still think is alive killed everybody inside that 40place. Guards don't just disappear.

that might be a spoiler, dunno havn't read the manga yet, but i dont think your allowed to post what you even think will happen XD

There is nothing wrong with speculating.

GotWoot Moderator

ChaosK
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:37 PM
why are you guys whinning that it was like garra vs rock lee? that was argueably the best fight in the whole naruto series and ur now crying because in this episode there was also some dude who could move fast and another guy who had a bunch of cherry blossoms at his disposel...boo hoo, i thought the way they animated ichigo's speed was much cooler than rock lee's running around in circles. and byakuya's blossoms are much cooler than garra's sand which take 20 hours to kill when byakuya's are already blades, but finally, THIS IS A BLEACH THREAD NOT A FUCKIN "COMPARE BLEACH TO NARUTO THREAD" SO TALK ABOUT BLEACH, one comparison is great but why make 30 others? OF THE SAME THING?!

anyway, this episode was awsome, ichigo's new look is awsome, and i wanna see what happens next with hitsuyaga.

edit: kraco do u mean yoruichi? why would u say yachiru? the comparison of gai to lee, would be the same as yoruichi to ichigo, teacher to student.

UberSuperHACKER
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Ichigo's bankai aint poop compared to my banki (see the Soul cutter thread for more dteails)
but here is a pic:

http://x2.putfile.com/11/31919081872.jpg

Board of Command
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I actually Ichigo's little bankai makes it more climatic than those big beasts. There was such a huge build up to it, and you'd think the bankai would be something enormous. When you see that it's just a little sword, you expect him to be super strong. It's like Vegeta back when he first appeared in DBZ - the little guy is always super strong. Surely, all that "power up" couldn't have been for nothing.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
I actually Ichigo's little bankai makes it more climatic than those big beasts.

"Climatic" as in it controls the weather and whatnot?

Seriously though, I agree. His bankai is awesome. I just think there were things about the episode like the music and just lack of showy-ness that made it feel as if all that buildup went to waste for me. I wasn't yelling: "YEAH!" like I thought I'd be. Instead I just kinda went "ah...that's cool" That said, I'm still excited to see the next ep.

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
why are you guys whinning that it was like garra vs rock lee? that was argueably the best fight in the whole naruto series and ur now crying because in this episode there was also some dude who could move fast and another guy who had a bunch of cherry blossoms at his disposel...boo hoo
Personally I wasn't complaining at all. I just found the similarities humorous. Doesn't make either fight any less cool.

Lucifus
Wed, 11-16-2005, 10:17 PM
[quote]
why are you guys whinning that it was like garra vs rock lee? that was argueably the best fight in the whole naruto series and ur now crying because in this episode there was also some dude who could move fast and another guy who had a bunch of cherry blossoms at his disposel...boo hoo, i thought the way they animated ichigo's speed was much cooler than rock lee's running around in circles. and byakuya's blossoms are much cooler than garra's sand which take 20 hours to kill when byakuya's are already blades, but finally, THIS IS A BLEACH THREAD NOT A FUCKIN "COMPARE BLEACH TO NARUTO THREAD" SO TALK ABOUT BLEACH, one comparison is great but why make 30 others? OF THE SAME THING?!

Ya still had to post your thoughts before stating this ain't a comparison thread thoguh huh? =P

But still, seemed extremly similar, but this episode still facking rulez. I can't wait for next one. I don't think Dattebayo would jsut lie about somethign like that.......Dear god..I hoep these fillers are at least a bit better than Narutos. Naruto is fackiing great but hte fillers sicken me, please let this not happen to Bleach =S

Munsu
Wed, 11-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by: KoKo37
that might be a spoiler, dunno havn't read the manga yet, but i dont think your allowed to post what you even think will happen XD

I'm pretty sure Aeon doesn't read the manga, so stop the nonsense...

I'm tired of seeing you guys whine about spoilers when someone has a theory on something... I read the manga, and absolutely nothing has been spoiled... so people stop being paranoid...

And post about what you think will happen are very much allowed... if that wasn't the case then there would be no point in discussing an episode...

Originally posted by: Lucifus
But still, seemed extremly similar, but this episode still facking rulez. I can't wait for next one. I don't think Dattebayo would jsut lie about somethign like that.......Dear god..I hoep these fillers are at least a bit better than Narutos. Naruto is fackiing great but hte fillers sicken me, please let this not happen to Bleach =S

Read all my previous comments on this thread about DB... that will clarify any doubt you have...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-17-2005, 12:53 AM
It's just how they are in general, just a bunch of kids and jackasses...
Congrats, thats every fansub group ever, since grownups actually have jobs.

I consider myself lucky to have never spoken to a fansubber ever, so I don't have a pole up my ass about one group or another. Lucky lucky!

Personally I wasn't complaining at all. I just found the similarities humorous. Doesn't make either fight any less cool.
Same here. As the first person who mentioned Lee vs. Gaara I'd like to mention that I wasn't saying it as a negative. Lee vs. Gaara is after all one of the greatest things of great things ever, so, while derivative, it was still awsome.

THIS IS A BLEACH THREAD NOT A FUCKIN "COMPARE BLEACH TO NARUTO THREAD" SO TALK ABOUT BLEACH, one comparison is great but why make 30 others? OF THE SAME THING?!
Okay, can I mention DBZ then?

Oh wait, Board already did.

Mgslee
Thu, 11-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Good episode and Ichigo's Bankai makes %100 sense for him.

The problem with Ichigo is that hes got tonnnes and tonnes of spirit force but he uses it wastefuly and "recklessly" as characters have pointed out over and over. Hence his sword is always "unleashed" and doesnt even have a hilt... it suites his personallity.
The Bankai does for him what will benifit him the most. Take all his energy and put it to 100% efficiency.

Now time for more Bankai kamaae mae ^_~

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-17-2005, 01:51 AM

Except that this wasn't just a "fast guy running around a guy with cherry blossoms", but a complete rip-off down to the posing. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Naruto and Bleach are both animated by the same studio. Would explain things even further if so...

Kensee
Thu, 11-17-2005, 01:58 AM
Well, the only thing I think Bayaka has on Ichigo is experience. Bayaka has known how to use, and praticed his bankai for MANNNY YEARS. At least 10 (from what was said in the past). Where as Ichigo only just reclently got it. Much like how Renji had a strong Bankai but couldnt use it to its full potential yet because he wasnt expereicened (no hate on Renji, dudes a savage).

So how you some said Ichigo havent done alot yet, I think hes limitied in what he KNOWS he can do compared to what he is potentially capable of. Which just, in theory, I believe how hes gonna get stronger from this point on as Bankai is the highest level a shimagami can reach, so from here on he I believe hes just gonna get more expereinced and mayble learn new skills/attacks.

Anyhow, droping all the anayliss and theories and going to the Anime, I really believe some new music would of been good for this part, but I did like how it was played out. Bayaka really didn't believe that Ichigo could release bankai (but after Renji, he shouldn't of been spectical yenno?). I am hopeful for another kenpachi apperance, but I feel that wont be happening =(.

Anyhow I really want to see Hits' vice captains fights ... I mean .. sure shes beautiful, but she has to have SOME strength if shes a Vice Captain. Plus I'm curious on what shiki and bankai look like in all the captains and other guys.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Except that this wasn't just a "fast guy running around a guy with cherry blossoms", but a complete rip-off down to the posing. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Naruto and Bleach are both animated by the same studio. Would explain things even further if so...

Ehh, way I see it, if you seen a lot of anime, read a lot of Mangas, read comics, watchd different shows .... practically EVERYTHING has been done in some way shape or form. Its hard to be innovative but its great to see different variations.

Kraco
Thu, 11-17-2005, 02:13 AM
edit: kraco do u mean yoruichi? why would u say yachiru? the comparison of gai to lee, would be the same as yoruichi to ichigo, teacher to student.

Nah. But it wasn't a very serious comment to begin with. Yoruichi has had so much screen time that I would be surprised if she did anything that important anymore (in the near future), though I suppose anything could happen. Mainly I was just saying that I believe the similarity to the situation in N ends probably there, with Ichigo pulling through without any help (and not losing like the object of comparison). Thus I just threw in Yachiru, because she was heading that way.

Other than that, I didn't still see a problem with the musical choices of this episode. Like with the initial reappearance episode of Ichigo to save Rukia, I kind of like the overly calm, mysterious choices they made. It's not the hyper hype music you would normally expect to even further build up expectations and make the underdog look suddenly the one with all the good cards. Somehow this calmer line of music suits the atmosphere of Soul Society, in my opinion. And I also feel is reflects the fact that both Byakuya and Ichigo are very strong, and there's no huge surprise anymore that Ichigo can actually fight back.

Originally posted by: Kensee
Anyhow I really want to see Hits' vice captains fights ... I mean .. sure shes beautiful, but she has to have SOME strength if shes a Vice Captain.
Heh. Like those vice captains who got their asses kicked by Ichigo, who wasn't even using his zanpaktou... There is one thing that Byakuya has got right: There is a definitive power gap between Captains and Liutenants.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Which is less then the gap between vice captains and ryoka who aren't even dead yet apparently.

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 04:25 AM

It's just how they are in general, just a bunch of kids and jackasses...
Congrats, thats every fansub group ever, since grownups actually have jobs.

I consider myself lucky to have never spoken to a fansubber ever, so I don't have a pole up my ass about one group or another. Lucky lucky!

DarthEnder... When you have a clue on what the fuck you are talking about then feel free to share your opinion, but until then keep telling Johnny to ram it up your ass...

Also learn to read, at no moment in my post was I talking about sub prefferences or on whom I preffer more based on what I said...

el_boss
Thu, 11-17-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Meh this ep would've been good if I hadn't already seen it on Naruto. Atleast Yachiru shows up again next ep. I also predict that Gin and Aizen who I still think is alive killed everybody inside that 40place. Guards don't just disappear.

That is a very interesting theory. I haven't tought of it that way. Gin could be the good guy and Aizen could be the bad guy and the letter was actually from Aizen all along as part of the plan to make Hitsugaya fight Gin. Man what a surprise it would be if Gin turned out to be the hero.

Originally posted by: KoKo37

I'm pretty sure Aeon doesn't read the manga, so stop the nonsense...

I'm tired of seeing you guys whine about spoilers when someone has a theory on something... I read the manga, and absolutely nothing has been spoiled... so people stop being paranoid...

And post about what you think will happen are very much allowed... if that wasn't the case then there would be no point in discussing an episode...

The fact that you are saying that it isn't a spoiler is more of a spoiler than Aeon's theory. Now you have revealed that Aizen is aztually dead. Please stop with this Budweineken, let people have their theories and let other people decide for them selfs if they want to believe them. Since this is the Bleach Anime thread no one should expect any spoilers here.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 11-17-2005, 07:42 AM
Ha I fricking knew it I fricking knew it. Bleach fillers ahoy. But with both bleach and naruto being produced by studio pierrot maybe they'll do some sort of cross over if both series go through a bunch of extenuating fillers. Where naruto get's transported to the Bleach world and Ichigo heads off to the leaf village. Hiliarity ensues while the loud groans of all of us fans will be heard across the nation. Bankail becomes the new rasengan. Look foreward to it.

Kraco
Thu, 11-17-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Ha I fricking knew it I fricking knew it. Bleach fillers ahoy.

There's official, specific info now? Did I miss some link?

Mae
Thu, 11-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Nope, no link. It's just an unsubstantiated rumor as far as I know.

So, I thought Ichigo's bankai was decent. Not OMG, but cool. It would have been stupid if it was just a bigger sword, and a ranged attack or am embodiment of his sword as a person or monster wouldn't have really fit his fighting style. And I do like his new look.

I had been wondering if he'd had Kaien's sword (I wonder where it is now?), but I guess not because Byakuya was so surprised by it's form. Still, you think Byakuya, who knows who Ichigo looks like, might have suspected something when Ichigo started gaining power so quickly. Kaien wasn't an unskilled Shinigami, so Ichigo just has to rmember what he's learned before (I guess we still don't have absolute proof he's reincarnated, but I think it's likely).

At least with Ichigo's allies finally joining him we will have hopefully a little less jumping around, but there are still too many parallel story lines...

mage
Thu, 11-17-2005, 08:56 AM
i don't think i would mind watching bleach fillers for 20 weeks. most of them so far have been entertaining.

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 09:55 AM
The fact that you are saying that it isn't a spoiler is more of a spoiler than Aeon's theory. Now you have revealed that Aizen is aztually dead. Please stop with this Budweineken, let people have their theories and let other people decide for them selfs if they want to believe them. Since this is the Bleach Anime thread no one should expect any spoilers here.

That's exactly my point... I haven't disproved any theory in this thread, I've just said that there hasn't been any spoiling... some theories have been correct, some theories are wrong... Still some of those theories that have been made (wether right or wrong) people are still complaining that they are spoiling, and I'm just saying that they are not...

I'll say it again, I haven't disproved any theory on this thread, so there has been no spoiler coming from my side, and no one else in this thread has been spoiling...

Saying that someone is spoiling or not is not the same as saying someone's theory is wrong or not....

Jurojin
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm surprised the obvious joke hasn't been made-

B: "That small thing is your Bankai?"
I: "It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it!"

Anyways, this is looking hot. Can't wait for the next episode, which isn't going to be a filler. (there won't be fillers yet people, get a clue).

Honinbou
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Ok lets get 1 thing straight.. What have we learned fromt he fillers in Naruto?? They ONLY start when a part from the manga line is DONE. not in the middle of a fight the NEVER happens.. so I think we just sit back and w8 for the next episode!
(damn it wouls suck when it appeaqrs I wrong next week i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

And about Ichigo's Bankai.. I really think the bankai has more then only power. cuz the chain at the other side of his sword.. that wont be there so the name is good... it must have a meaning and so a power...
Or is that a weird thought? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Phoenix20578
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by: Jurojin

Bah dum, kissssssh!

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Also learn to read, at no moment in my post was I talking about sub prefferences or on whom I preffer more based on what I said...

You're right, because that at least might have been useful information. No, all you said was "DB is shit! They're all dicks! I hate them! Assholes!" Which is alot less worthwhile. Nobody gives a shit.

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:22 AM
And all those comments were directed at explaining why their statement that we are going to be in the middle of 22 filler episodes in Bleach shouldn't be believed, so they should not be taken seriously... Nothing to do with sub quality...

So again, learn to read...

But I guess you are one of those ignorant people that believe everything they are told...

I'm no idiot to let my opinions on a group personality deprive me from good subs (not the case here though, since DB is far from good)...

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:44 AM
All those ellipses are driving me NUTS.

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Then skip them...

Assertn
Thu, 11-17-2005, 12:24 PM
So if bleach is in a worst situation than Naruto is in, how do you guys expect there to NOT be a 20 ep filler saga?

Lucifus
Thu, 11-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Bud....shut up.....Stop watching DBs excellent episodes then. The Translation is pretty facking decent, And I don't knwo what you talking about the quality sucks. I left em a comment the other day, and I actually got a reply, a pretty facking nice reply. Not to mention how extremly fast their Bleach subs are.....

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Again, you guys keep saying stuff like I'm out to convince you guys that DB sucks and that they should be avoided.

I've said before that they are decent to be a speed sub, but that doesn't relieve them from being inaccurate in many portions of their releases. So there's no reason to glorify their releases.

All my comments have been to the actual staff members, and all my comments have been regarding the credibility of their 22 filler episodes claim...

So if you mofo's would learn to read, then you wouldn't have to make me explain myself 10 times... At this moment all of you seem to be mentally challenged.

And you know what, believe what you want regarding the 22 episode fillers... I could care less really, no need to comment on this issue further. Ignorance is a bliss.

Coriandria
Thu, 11-17-2005, 03:03 PM
I've never been a fan of DB either and agree with Buds impression of them entirely. As individuals, I'm sure many of them are fine people. But the group as a whole screams an image of arrogance and rudeness at a much higher level than I've seen from other groups. It's just my personal opinion and if you all would rather watch DB subs power to you. But can you stop yelling at Bud now. He has the right to not like them and it wasn't him who started the subject on DBs integrity anyways he was only furthering the discussion with an opinion. Sorta the point of forums.

But regardless of what DB said I feel we all know that fillers will eventually happen regardless of rumors. Long winded animes tend to have them. I'm hoping when the bleach fillers do begin it will be the end of the Naruto fillers so we can all move to that anime and maybe we can just jump back and forth between them. Always at least one anime being amazingly awesome.

And on that note Bleach right now is amazingly awesome. I just can't get over the epic scope this anime has created. I'm really interested in some of the foreshadowings that have been going on lately. Like when Byakuya was standing infront of the picture of some girl who looks like Rukia.

(BIG WINDED SPECULATION. Feel free to skip)

Do you think they adopted Rukia because she looked just like his real sister? Maybe he's been tricked into thinking that killing Rukia will bring his real sister back? My guess is whoever is behind all the chaos wanted the big soul slayer execution sword thing (forgeting the name) destroyed. He tricked members of soul society in getting the execution established and then used the execution to manipulate others into destorying the sword with that weird dohicky. As a bonus, the civil war that has broken out I'm sure is a big plus. I'm really looking forward to more things getting revealed in the next few episodes. I'm sure all of you manga readers can laugh at the ridiculousness of my predictions but that's what I see and the whole thing just excites me on many levels.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578

Originally posted by: Jurojin

Bah dum, kissssssh!

Quoted for emphasis.

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-17-2005, 05:38 PM
A friend brought this up: Thinking back to Ichigo's training, does this mean that the sword he has now was the one he picked up and used against Zangetsu from those 100 (or whatever) swords?

Knives122
Thu, 11-17-2005, 06:00 PM
yes that's exactly what it means. Ichigo was only able to beat Zangetsu by picking up the bankai weapon and making him submit.

Board of Command
Thu, 11-17-2005, 06:13 PM
And just like one would expect, the right sword happened to be the one that seemed the "weakest".

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Humm, I wouldn't say that... Zangetsu never said "You have to find the bankai weapon". He simply said something along the lines of "in order to achieve bankai you have to find your soul slayer and strike me with it, since it's the only one that can actually hurt me"... So the sword he used is the one he has always used, the bankai form is simply a form of that weapon, not a different one...

At least that's how I remember it... might be wrong since I don't remember much about the exchange of words when they were trying to achieve bankai....

So I don't see why his usual sword would seem as the "weakest" unless you are meaning that the one that looked as the "weekest" is the sword in its bankai form, which as I said above, I don't think is the case of what happened.

heero
Thu, 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
as many have said. this is a gaara vs lee fight. that said..it rocked big time!

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-17-2005, 07:26 PM
I think Bud's right there. I don't think the "correct" sword was any of the ones that was laying around. Its probably some kind of spirit thing where you make some realization and then whatever sword he was holding changes into his bankai.

They really do need to flashback to how he got that though. I expected it to happen as he was whipping it out, but it hasn't yet.

But I guess you are one of those ignorant people that believe everything they are told...

No actually, I assumed they were telling a joke. There might very well be alot of fillers coming since I hear the anime is very close to the manga, but if they are it won't be till the end of the arc. The preview alone shows that the next episode isn't filler. I just thought maybe you'd like to discuss the episode rather than swearing about DB for 4 posts.

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 07:43 PM
It wasn't my choice to bad mouth them for 4 post... just people kept quoting me, and making false claims, so I had to defend myself...

That aside... even though we agree that what he chose wasn't actually the sword in his bankai form, I still think that it was one of the ones lying around... Just that he needed to do some "spirit thing" as you said to find it, Kinda like what he did so that he didn't transform into an hollow.

miaka
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:19 PM
kinda crossed my mind.. but you know how ichigo seem to have hollow side inside him (well not hollow side but the weird thing with hollow mask following him around..) and the one that rukia used to like was like totally controlled by the hollow before he died....

maybe the ichigo's weird thing wth hollow mask comes from that? because he's reborn of that guy? of course we don't know if he is..but .....

but anyways.. yeah this epi rocked and i would like to see ichi's and bakuya's full bankai power.. i m sure ichigo has more to it.. but it was kewl how he really wanted to stomp the pride.. i mean he was trying to see if he can destroy bakuya's bankai with shikai.. i mean he gave himself an disvantage......

and i would really love to see hitsugaya(sp) fight with Gin.. i m sure they are both very strong.. and i want to know how strong hitsugaya is.....

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:25 PM
zangetsu is a nazi(nazi sign) i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/AtHRunOwNZaLL/zangetsu.jpg

FrogKing
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Lol, I remember see that and thinking, "WTF?" I did a google search to see what the swastika symbolized and found this (there's some good stuff in there which could support some of the theories people have been talking about...Kaien andIchigo relation):

"In India, according to some, the swastika was given its name from su = good, and asti = to be, with the suffix ka. Its arms were angled in a clockwise direction (from the center). The reversed swastika, known as the sauvastika, was associated with misfortune and bad luck.

The Swasika was often associated with Buddha in India, China, and Japan. In the earliest Chinese symbolism the swastika was known as wan and was a superlative of the highest degree. In Japan it was said to be a sign for the magnificent number 10,000. In Japan of the Middle Ages the swastika (or the sauvastika) was manji, a sign for enormous luck and protection against evil powers...

The swastika's spectrum of meaning is centered around power, energy and migrations.
The form of the swastika was the emblem used by the German Socialist (or "Nazi") party which was led by Adolf Hitler in the late 1930s and early 1940s. It was in 1920 that this emblem was first used in the parties official banner.

It had already appeared earlier in the twentieth century as an anti-Semitic and uniting symbol in Germany and Austria.

The swastika form is associated with the sun and power. The swastika moving in a clockwise direction is related to the form and also its meaning, reincarnation, return, etc. The swastika symbolizes, therefore, national reincarnation.
(source: Dictionary of Symbols, published 1991)"

Now the question is which direction is it going (i.e. a question of perspective)? Clockwise or counterclockwise?

edit: Damn, I did a search on wikipedia for swastika and it has a super detailed explaination but covers the same general idea.

heero
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:50 PM
depends how u look at it. I think his sword is the sign from buddhism (dont have image).
the nazi sign goes the other way
http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/processed_new_images/nazi_flag_150.gif

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:51 PM
The manji (swastika thing) is the "ban" in "Bankai" Heero's right, it's also used in Buddhism for the ideas of "rebirth" and reincarnation.

But that does bring up the issue of censorship. What will happen when they try and show this on American TV when Bleach is eventually licensed? Surely a lot of people will take it the wrong way and assume it's just Nazi propaganda or some such BS.

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Naruto anime (Japanese version) had the same dilemma with Neji, and they ended up censoring it... At least it didn't happen this time...

Deadfire
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
The manji (swastika thing) is the "ban" in "Bankai" Heero's right, it's also used in Buddhism for the ideas of "rebirth" and reincarnation.

But that does bring up the issue of censorship. What will happen when they try and show this on American TV when Bleach is eventually licensed? Surely a lot of people will take it the wrong way and assume it's just Nazi propaganda or some such BS.

They always do, although for as much as we know they could (when they dub this) kill it so bad in the early eps that it never gets to this part

On the topic of fillers I'm not going to talk about if i think DB is right, I lost all faith in them after they created a Troll sub for naruto that had gay porn on it...Yes I didn't know what i was downloading in till it was to late. my topic is if they do fillers (that is IF) they will start when the crew gets back (or if they!) and it will be about their school day with ramdom hollow killings here and there I.E FMP: fummoffo (I think thats the spelling I could be wrong) that would keep me happy as some decent filler could come out of that

Board of Command
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:27 PM
It's not a swastika, it's a backwards swastika. The Nazis copied that symbol from Buddhism and flipped it and rotated it around. Creative bastards.

edit: here, some pictures for proof, if you don't believe me
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/687/koreallf2555oh.jpg
http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/processed_new_images/nazi_flag_150.gif

Kensee
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:45 PM
I'ma be gone for two weeks or more to repair my computer >_< So i'ma miss the next two episode releases (nooooooooooooooooooooo!) Anyhow I have finals those two weeks so I'll be studying anyhow with a itch for bleach =(.

Anyhow yeah its not the nasi sign but sure looked like it at first ^^. And as for speculation about the swords, I don't think the sword Ichigo grabbed was acutally the bankai form itself, just a sword which showed is zampathou's true side (not really bankai, but maybe something like it). I doubt they will ever show us .. but if it was that sword I could iamgine Ichigo saying "what the hell is this puny arse sword doing here? OMG IT oWNS hahah"

All we need now is Kenpachi unleashing his sword ... I wounder what his shikai and bankai would look like ...

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Regarding the whole Nazi swastika/Buddhist symbol ordeal:

Jesus friggin H Christ, it's not that big of a deal! The fact that everyone is so sensitive over the 'perverted' misuse of the symbol by the Nazis simply shows how inflexible people are when it comes to redefining their notions of cultural symbols and thoughts. "OMFG!!!11!1 thaz a Nasi smbol!" Is what immature little children (or ultra sensitive Jews) might react with. But that's totally inappropriate, given the fact that the people using the swastike now are simply trying to correct for the inappropriate misuse of the symbol by the Nazis.

They shouldn't censor such positive re-hashes (of ancient symbols nonetheless...) just because narrow-minded baffoons might get their panties all in a twist because they think someones trying to abuse recent history or sensative material by sticking a swastike on stuff. I'm glad Bleach had the balls to do what Naruto wouldn't (although, it most be noticed, the swastike usage in Bleach is much more subtle) and actually fucking try to truly defeat the scourge of Nazisism by robbing them of even their beloved symbol, which continues to haunt us in the modern day.

FrogKing
Fri, 11-18-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by: FrogKing
The Swastika was often associated with Buddha in India, China, and Japan. In the earliest Chinese symbolism the swastika was known as wan and was a superlative of the highest degree. In Japan it was said to be a sign for the magnificent number 10,000. In Japan of the Middle Ages the swastika (or the sauvastika) was manji, a sign for enormous luck and protection against evil powers...

The swastika form is associated with the sun and power. The swastika moving in a clockwise direction is related to the form and also its meaning, reincarnation, return, etc. The swastika symbolizes, therefore, national reincarnation.
(source: Dictionary of Symbols, published 1991)"

I actually thought the parts about symbolizing protection against evil powers and enormous luck were very fitting. Also, with Ichigo's appearence mirroring Kaien-dono's the "reincarnation, return" was very interesting. That's what I was pointing out; it is obviously not a nazi reference.

As for Neji's forehead swastika, I think it is the bad luck/misfortune symbol.

edit: Good luck with finals Kensee and see you in a couple of weeks.

Kraco
Fri, 11-18-2005, 02:50 AM

Heh. If somebody thinks nazis are back in power after 60 years because there's such a symbol in Japanese animation... Well, such a person should spend the rest of his life in his personal bunker.

Unfortunately censoring swastika will do no good like masamuneehs said. As long as it's censored, it does give some little power to nazis, which is a bit ridiculous considering they were obliterated more than half a century ago.

Jessper
Fri, 11-18-2005, 03:52 AM
Unfortunately censoring swastika will do no good like masamuneehs said. As long as it's censored, it does give some little power to nazis, which is a bit ridiculous considering they were obliterated more than half a century ago.

Who cares? Not censoring it is not sticking it to the Nazis or anything, and censoring it doesn't show that they sill hold some sort of power over us. Not showing it may show respect to the people that lost family members to the evil doings of the Nazis, not some how empower Hitler. It isn't like we fear them and as such don't want to invoke their mighty wrath by using their symbol.

My point? Who cares? If you aren't related to those that died chances are you won't. The fact that you feel that people should some how correct misuse of the symbol then chances are you care too much about something that you have nothing to do with. Not that I care, go draw it all over your flowery save the world websites and/or art if you want to show them darn Nazis up some more!

I doubt they will even censor this.

V
Fri, 11-18-2005, 03:56 AM
So you think they're gonna do fillers about Ichigo's training? Something like 24 where every hour is an episode. Zengetsu makes Ichigo do all these tricks and at the end he just laughs and says: "Psych! I'm just messin' with ya. To use Bankai, you just have to look like you're shittin your pants. And here, use this thin black sword. It's so light, you'll move 100 times faster than before now that you don't have to lug around that steal mill of a soul slayer." Then Zangetsu and Yorouichi get it on.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-18-2005, 06:00 AM

Heh. If somebody thinks nazis are back in power after 60 years because there's such a symbol in Japanese animation... Well, such a person should spend the rest of his life in his personal bunker.

Well apparently it is a problem for some people. Bud already mentioned the Neji thing, and I also recall there being a problem with the US release of some Pokemon card a few years back because it had a swastika (or a mangi - forgot which) on it.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-18-2005, 06:16 AM
Haha, I was enlightened enough to refer to it as a manji first.

Thank you Legend of Zelda instruction book!

My point? Who cares? If you arent related to those that died chances are you won't. The fact that you feel that people should some how correct misuse of the symbol then chances are you care too much about something that you have nothing to do with. Not that I care, go draw it all over your flowery save the world websites and/or art if you want to show them darn Nazis up some more!

I'm gonna go murder a bunch of babies and leave pictures of Frog around when I do it. Then you'll look like an evil monster for having that avatar!

Jaredster
Fri, 11-18-2005, 11:38 AM
I personally thought that swastika was a nice touch to the sword.

(not rascist)

But allow me to sum up this episode in 2 words:

Fucking Tits.

mage
Fri, 11-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by: Jaredster
I personally thought that swastika was a nice touch to the sword.
[/b]
so did i.

(racist).

Deadfire
Fri, 11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
I like the fact that I added something use-full to the discussion in my last post but instead we talked about swastikas.... this shows alot of charactor

Well I am a newcomer so most don't really look at my posts yet... and most likly not read this one

And so I just wasted my time

anyways to comment of the whole swastika thing....All I need to say is so?....It's a swastika... you haven't seen it before..come off it...it's a symbol nothing thing else...move on

Honoko
Fri, 11-18-2005, 11:13 PM
you know guys, it's easy for many of us to have the attitude of "hey, it's just the symbol! who cares!" because we (very obviously) didn't live in that era but if you actually take a look beyond your little world, you're gonna encounter TONS of people whose history is closely defined by WWII. i understand it's hard for all of us to actually know the full extent of the damage that had been done a half century ago but show some sensitivity and intelligence here. there are whole books still dedicated this subject today and the nazi symbol is singularly unique in having its original meaning totally corrupted and possibly beyond redemption thanks to a brunette with a funny looking mustache ranting on and on about an aryan, superior race. yeah, to us it's "just" a symbol but we shouldn't be dismissing it as a dumb product of a bygone era, which is the sentiment i am feeling based on the recent posts.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Fri, 11-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by: Deadfire
anyways to comment of the whole swastika thing....All I need to say is so?....It's a swastika... you haven't seen it before..come off it...it's a symbol nothing thing else...move on

lol just wat i was thinking, this whole thing has gotten out of hand, i shouldn't even have said anything about that stupid nazi/swastika or watever sign thingie, i thought it would just make a funny joke, but watever, just let it go and move on now
@deadfire: don't worry i respect you and read your posts, you seem to give some good stuff and good posts, others probably read your posts too, i think you're a great addition to the gotwoot family i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

now back to topic, this episode kicked ass, ichigo's bankai looks better in the anime than in the manga, i was really surprised at how good this episode was, can't wait for next episode, senbonzakura still rulezzzzzz

ChaosK
Fri, 11-18-2005, 11:18 PM
cant we just talk about the fuckin episode instead of nazis and jews?

Deadfire
Fri, 11-18-2005, 11:27 PM
First I'm Pure-Bred German (I live in canada and I've lost the use of reading and speaking in german) I'm one of those people that fit's the brunettes "superior" race sterotype (Blond hair, blue eyes, taller, etc) And I have lived my life with people like you calling me a killer!!!.. How the hell do you think i feel when I didn't even live during that time and yet I'm a killer. I've been called "Hitler" many times, As well have many people give your same post in writing and speach toward me....If I'm dissing a "dumb: product it would be people that feel the need to inform people that this happened and make what i just explained happen to alot of people that are not born yet!... I know what happened... But me and no German that is born after that war have no way of ridding ourselves of your directed hate because of people posting shit like what you just did

Edit: "You" doesn't refer to Honoko it will refer to those people i have met over the years that had caused this outburst... I will leave my message as a message to those and to end this stupid off-topic debate

Honoko
Fri, 11-18-2005, 11:34 PM
um.. deadfire, you should read my post a little more carefully. and i pm'ed you. this discussion doesn't need to hang around in an episode thread.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-18-2005, 11:54 PM
I like the fact that I added something use-full to the discussion in my last post but instead we talked about swastikas.... this shows alot of charactor

Actually the manji (NOT swastika) on Ichigo's bankai was being discussed. I merely brought up the fact that if the series is ever televised here, there might be trouble because there are a lot of people out there willing to jump to conclusions and assume it IS a swastika. You started talking about fillers. I'm sorry no one else wanted to.

ichigo's bankai looks better in the anime than in the manga
I'm starting to agree. Making it straighter makes it seem stronger somehow 0.o. Nice change IMO.

Deadfire
Sat, 11-19-2005, 12:07 AM

Actually the manji (NOT swastika) on Ichigo's bankai was being discussed. I merely brought up the fact that if the series is ever televised here, there might be trouble because there are a lot of people out there willing to jump to conclusions and assume it IS a swastika. You started talking about fillers. I'm sorry no one else wanted to.

Now that makes sence.... anyways I sort of like both versions of it just for the main reason that the way they showed it both different and interesting ways....Makes for thinking

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-19-2005, 01:14 AM
Well I am a newcomer so most don't really look at my posts yet... and most likly not read this one

Um, are you under the impression that, in the process of reading a thread, that people are in the habit of skipping over posts by people with low post counts?

I can't tell you how little sense that makes.

Deadfire
Sat, 11-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Um, are you under the impression that, in the process of reading a thread, that people are in the habit of skipping over posts by people with low post counts?

I can't tell you how little sense that makes.

You just did.... god I'm a idiot

kaniskii
Sat, 11-19-2005, 02:25 AM
this was a badass eps. I cant wait for the next one.

One comment though, It seems like Ichigo is getting really strong really fast, and, as it seems, this show is going to last a long time, so I HOPE that there are some stronger people ahead. It just seems like he is overcoming everything so fast..... dunno if i'm making since. I decided not to read the manga( but seeing that post earlier does kinda make me want to: badass drawing) so i'm not sure whats coming up next, but i just want to see our boy ichigo work a little harder. and he is also leaving his friends behind too, in terms of power. I mean, they just got there powers, and they already seems obsolete.

like i said, hopefully i am wrong and some interesting stuff starts to happen soon.

Knives122
Sat, 11-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by: UberSuperHACKER
Ichigo's bankai aint poop compared to my banki (see the Soul cutter thread for more dteails)
but here is a pic:

http://x2.putfile.com/11/31919081872.jpg

what the hell is that? it's like a rattle snake hilt with a burning ham along with a retarded lightsaber sword.

Kraco
Sat, 11-19-2005, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by: kaniskii
One comment though, It seems like Ichigo is getting really strong really fast, and, as it seems, this show is going to last a long time, so I HOPE that there are some stronger people ahead. It just seems like he is overcoming everything so fast..... dunno if i'm making since. I decided not to read the manga( but seeing that post earlier does kinda make me want to: badass drawing) so i'm not sure whats coming up next, but i just want to see our boy ichigo work a little harder. and he is also leaving his friends behind too, in terms of power. I mean, they just got there powers, and they already seems obsolete.

When he gets back to the real world, he won't even need his zanpaktou anymore to defeat hollows - based on how easily he beat those vice captains with bare hands. Although Renji said shinigamis get their power reduced in the living world, so perhaps Ichigo will also lose a major amount of his power.

ChaosK
Sat, 11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
you know, for some reason i just thought of this connection, the amount of reiatsu ichigo has is easily compareable to the amount of chakra naruto has, ichigo has such a large amount i think he would still be able to own holllows, are you saying kenpachi would be having trouble in the real world?

Kraco
Sat, 11-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Trouble, eh? No, I'm just saying that maybe Ichigo will after all still need his zanpaktou, when fighting hollows...

mage
Sat, 11-19-2005, 01:21 PM
i don't think their power is automatically limited, but that they limit it themselves while fighting in order to not disturb the earth. if they have to they are probably allowed to use their full power.

XanBcoo
Sat, 11-19-2005, 01:52 PM
I think mage is right. In any case, Ichigo would still need Zangetsu in the real world to kill Hollows because a Soul Slayer is the only thing that can kill (cleanse) a Hollow properly. I suppose if he is in spirit mode, though, he could just punch the shit outta them with no problem.

Kraco
Sat, 11-19-2005, 02:37 PM
One thing I would really like to see in this show is Ichigo and Rukia fighting side by side, both with shinigami powers. We haven't actually seen such a scene at all. Of course most fights have been duels, with the notable exception of the fight of the old geezer vs two captains, but I suppose there could be a fight of Ichigo & Rukia against somebody or something. We haven't even seen Rukia's shikai, after all. That would also be nice to see (would it be as cute as her drawings?). And now when Ichigo is so much stronger, even if Rukia returned to normal, how would it affect their relationship in a fight?

Well, obviously this has nothing to do with the current episode, but it looks like the discussion about this episode is pretty much over, anyway.

ChaosK
Sat, 11-19-2005, 08:21 PM
no, its not that the earth makes shinigamis weaker, its that soul society makes them stronger. everything in soul society is made of reiatsu (remember ishida's fight, his arm gathered reiatsu from the building structures)

XanBcoo
Sat, 11-19-2005, 08:48 PM
That could be part of it...but it was also stated by Renji during his fight with Ichigo that a Shinigami's powers are restrained (by whichever means) while they are in the living world.

ChaosK
Sat, 11-19-2005, 08:52 PM
restrained from his point of view since he is more used to it on soul soceity, so to ichigo, when he goes into soul soceity he gets a power boost, to renji that power boost is normal, to ichigo the world without it is normal, so when ichigo goes into soul society he feels more powerful, when renji goes into the real world, he feels weaker but in soul soceity, he feels just right, its all about renji's expectations getting higher after being used to soul society, his standard is set. while ichigo's standards are lower.

mage
Sat, 11-19-2005, 08:56 PM
but he specifically said they had to lower their spirit power in order to not disturb the earth, not that it was automatically lowered from that of soul society.

upon watching that fight again, renji says that only shinigami that are vice captain and higher get their power limited, so it's not automatically limited when they go to earth otherwise it would affect all of them.

Jaredster
Sat, 11-19-2005, 10:57 PM
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2136/speed9ga.gif

sorry for the shitty quality, but it had to be under 1024k.

XanBcoo
Sun, 11-20-2005, 03:12 AM
Oooo, Lunar is out.

Gawd I feel like such a dork. The stupid puns during the next ep. preview made me laugh. Also, didn't mention this before, but what's with the ending bit? Does Jinta like Yuzu now?

Deadfire
Sun, 11-20-2005, 09:09 PM

Nice!...

I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of that because a Captain has so much spirt power that hollows (and i mean alot of them) would hunt them down. As Hollows go after the biggest source of spirt power and as such powerful shinigami limit their powers so they don't get a shit-load of hollows after them (Of course they could most likely Own them)

I mean a shit load of hollows showing up would really screw up with the human world remember the challage Icihgo had in the beginning?

Edit: 100th Post...and alot more coming hopefully

Splash!
Sun, 11-20-2005, 09:31 PM

Nice!...

I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of that because a Captain has so much spirt power that hollows (and i mean alot of them) would hunt them down. As Hollows go after the biggest source of spirt power and as such powerful shinigami limit their powers so they do get a shit-load of hollows after them (Of course they could most likey Own them)

I mean a shit load of hollows showing up would really screw up with the human world remember the challage Icihgo had in the beginning?

That theory probably makes the most sense

kyubisrage
Sun, 11-20-2005, 10:29 PM
nice ep didn't read the last couple of pages but does this remind you of garra i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ?

Munsu
Mon, 11-21-2005, 12:35 AM

Nice!...

I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of that because a Captain has so much spirt power that hollows (and i mean alot of them) would hunt them down. As Hollows go after the biggest source of spirt power and as such powerful shinigami limit their powers so they don't get a shit-load of hollows after them (Of course they could most likely Own them)

Edit: 100th Post...and alot more coming hopefully

Problem with this theory is that Captain level Shinigami have alot of control over their spirit power, so they can supress it so that hollow's don't dectect it...

We've seen structures shatter simply because of the spirit pressure, so that's the reason behind limiting their powers, nothing to do with hollows...

XanBcoo
Mon, 11-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by: kyubisrage
nice ep didn't read the last couple of pages but does this remind you of garra ?

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/5244/lastweek0bg.jpg

Sirian
Mon, 11-21-2005, 01:59 AM
i have another guess

do you rember that they said that ichigo constantly "leaking" out his spirit force?
well all of his friends become able to see hollows and some of them get some freaky abilitys

so they might supress their sirit force in oder to prevent that humans get such abilitis
otherwise they might all get their powers awaken and beginn to kill hollows like the quincy did, wich would lead to the destruction of both worlds

btw yay my first post^^
i was lurking for some time and now i finnaly have a account too
i hope my english is no too bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hikyuu
Mon, 11-21-2005, 02:34 AM
Welcome to posting.. anyway.. been busy with thigns to post, but this episode motivated me.. Awesome.. e.e It caught me off guard that after a large tornado/maelstrom all that was there was the sword and the clothing change.. My friends had told me it would be small but I thought it was gonna be The bono look alike e.e. The chain attatched to Zangetsu's bankai might relate to how Ichigo became a shinigami... also >.> the name of the Bankai and the full shikai name Remined me of the hollows as they cut through the sky and crack though reality in a waning moonlike sliver e.e But im sure other people were thinking something along these lines. After this arc I hope they just take a break like Tsubasa.. though from what i hear tsubasa doesnt even follor the manga very well ><... ok Im getting off topic.. nice posting here again ^^.. hope your all well ;x

Kraco
Mon, 11-21-2005, 03:39 AM
We've seen structures shatter simply because of the spirit pressure, so that's the reason behind limiting their powers, nothing to do with hollows...

Mayuri said all the structures in SS are made entirely out of spirit particles. That might be the reason why structures there suffer damage from high spirit pressure. That might not be the case in the real world, though. Well, I don't remember if we have seen such a scene in the real world, so if we have, then I'm obviously wrong...

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 11-21-2005, 12:47 PM
I thought it was made clear that they tone down their spiritual power to avoid unneeded attention on Earth.

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-21-2005, 12:52 PM

Mayuri said all the structures in SS are made entirely out of spirit particles. That might be the reason why structures there suffer damage from high spirit pressure. That might not be the case in the real world, though. Well, I don't remember if we have seen such a scene in the real world, so if we have, then I'm obviously wrong...

As far as we've seen there has never been a high enough level of Reiatsu released in the Human World to cause any kind of structural damage. Even when Ichigo and Ishida went upon against the Menos Grande they didn't cause any damage to the world around them, same for when Byakuya and Renji showed up (although they probably were wearing the Reiatsu Dampeners...)

Also, I don't quite understand what the structures in the Human World are made out of, if not some kind of spirit particle. Ok, maybe the dirt and stone is simple matter, but surely the people (and maybe plants and animals?) are made out of Reiatsu of some kind! I just think it's a matter of not seeing high Reiatsu levels in the Human world yet, though the Menos battles might prove otherwise.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 11-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Well everything on earth is composed of carbon.. maybe that has something to do with it.

Jaredster
Mon, 11-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Human world - regular atoms
Soul Society - Ectoplasm (spirit energy)

here is a piece from wikipedia:

Spirits have a form composed of reishi (ectoplasm), which has an anatomy similar to an ordinary flesh body, including organs and blood. However, this form seems to encompass all of a spirit's being. In other words, there is no distinction between soul and body.

Kraco
Mon, 11-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Human world - regular atoms
Soul Society - Ectoplasm (spirit energy)

Indeed. Since it's a soul society. It's all just soul matter.

mage
Mon, 11-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
Well everything on earth is composed of carbon.. maybe that has something to do with it.
everything on earth is not composed of carbon.

el_boss
Mon, 11-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by: mage

everything on earth is not composed of carbon.

He probably meant that all living things on earth are made of carbonbased molecules.

Kraco
Mon, 11-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Well, that wouldn't be relevant, on the other hand, because we were talking about structures being affected by reiatsu. Living things on earth are most likely affected by reiatsu quite efficiently.

Jaredster
Mon, 11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
This made the whole episode for me:

http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/1706/miracle0pj.gif

Kraco
Mon, 11-21-2005, 06:14 PM
kiiiiiiiss!

Well, I admit it wasn't as effective as in DarthEnder's original post...

Carnage
Mon, 11-21-2005, 07:40 PM
I thought it was made clear that they tone down their spiritual power to avoid unneeded attention on Earth.

Heretic is right. In episode 30, time: 20:18 Renji explains to Ichigo that anyone vicecaptain rank or highr has their power limited.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-21-2005, 08:01 PM
kiiiiiiiss!

Well, I admit it wasn't as effective as in DarthEnder's original post...

Took me a minute to remember when I'd said that. And yeah, that time was way better. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DeathScytheHCv2
Tue, 11-22-2005, 12:59 AM
I just have to say, I never had a mental orgasm that big since the fight of SSJ2 Gohan vs Cell. Tensa Zangetsu pwns!!!!!

XanBcoo
Tue, 11-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by: DeathScytheHCv2
I just have to say, I never had a mental orgasm that big since the fight of SSJ2 Gohan vs Cell. Tensa Zangetsu pwns!!!!!

Though this fight didn't do that for me, I'm sad to admit I too had a mental orgasm during that DBZ fight...

And yeah, Heretic is right about the power thing - at least, that's as much as we've been told.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Though this fight didn't do that for me, I'm sad to admit I too had a mental orgasm during that DBZ fight...

Don't feel bad. It WAS the climax of the series.

XanBcoo
Tue, 11-22-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure what you're referring to, Darthender, dbz or bleach.

If you're talking about Bleach though, I have a feeling that this fight has only just started, so I'm not disappointed at all. I'm looking forward to a nice epic battle.

el_boss
Tue, 11-22-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure what you're referring to, Darthender, dbz or bleach.

If you're talking about Bleach though, I have a feeling that this fight has only just started, so I'm not disappointed at all. I'm looking forward to a nice epic battle.

Obviously he is talking about dbz.

But who knows? This could have been the highlight of bleach, maybe from now on it will start going down hill. Oh wait a minute, it has already started going down hill. Bleach will become like "The Matrix" (2 and 3, the first one was ok). With dialogues like:

Person 1: "Why do you want Rukia dead?"

Person 2: "You know why I want her dead"

Person 1: "Why do I know why you want her dead?"

Person 2: "You know why you know why I want Rukia dead."

Mysterious voice: "There is no spatchela... uh I mean spoon"

XanBcoo
Tue, 11-22-2005, 06:55 PM
If he was talking about DBZ, that fight wasn't the climax of the series, not by a longshot. Hence the confusion.

Also, why you think Bleach is going downhill, el_boss? Seems to me like it's leveled out to a good peak by this point.

el_boss
Tue, 11-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Also, why you think Bleach is going downhill, el_boss? Seems to me like it's leveled out to a good peak by this point.

It's not the plot that is bad, that I like. It's the presentation I haven't liked in the latest episodes. It feels like they are stretching out the plot just to fill out episodes and they just put in alot of random stuff for the same reason.

kooshi
Tue, 11-22-2005, 09:25 PM

It's not the plot that is bad, that I like. It's the presentation I haven't liked in the latest episodes. It feels like they are stretching out the plot just to fill out episodes and they just put in alot of random stuff for the same reason.

Dunno if you're a manga reader, but at the moment, the end of episode 58 is the end of chapter 163, and there are 204 chapters (205 eventually this week). The anime has been blasting through the manga, so obviously, the manga needs some time to get some material in. Hence, the anime has been a lil slow lately. Regardless, most of the stuff they show in the anime is in the manga.

ChaosK
Tue, 11-22-2005, 10:03 PM
still these fights are cooooool.

kooshi
Tue, 11-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Agreed. I loved the fights in the manga, so I was really anxious to see how things turned out in the anime. I was a little bit disappointed, but then again, I had high expectations from manga to anime, hahaha.

yapchagi
Sun, 11-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by: Kensee
Ichigo's bankai...nice!
Well I kinda doubt he has ANOTHER bankai, maybe just a different form or alteration... it's not like hes gonna summon a huge iron samarui or extend his sword into a huge snake, but it'll be around the same idea of his current abiliites.

Which also means ANOTHER Bankai. and Another...3 of em!