PDA

View Full Version : Gotwoot IRC (major update)

DO
Tue, 11-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Well as you all noticed the IRC server went down. I just gained access back to the Hub and turned it on but I'm still waiting until I can get access back to the main server to boot the IRCD.

Munsu
Wed, 11-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah I noticed, does the server going down have anything to do with the recent down times that the forums have experienced?

DO
Wed, 11-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Well the HUB of the IRC server is ran off the same host that runs the forum. But the Hub only holds services (chanserv, nickserv, hostserv and so forth). I'm still waiting for access back into the main server (irc-1.gotwoot.net) so I can boot the IRCD and get everything up and running again.

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 05:34 AM
And man, take that +g crap off in Rizon

DO
Fri, 11-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Since I'm not really sure when I can get access back to the main servers since I can't seem to contact Wilik. I set up a <u>temporary IRC server.</u> Nickserv and Chanserv will not be turned on but Operserv will still be active. The servers address is: dragonoutlaw.ath.cx and the channel of course is #Gotwoot

KitKat
Wed, 11-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Update: I solved the mystery of the IRC server. No, Wilik is not dead, but his computer is. So don't expect the IRC server to come back anytime soon. Maybe we should start thinking about other options. On a side note, is there a reason we just can't go back to our old channel on rizon? The temp server, although it is awesome, seems to be lacking in numbers of people that come there....

DO
Thu, 12-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by: KitKat
Update: I solved the mystery of the IRC server. No, Wilik is not dead, but his computer is. So don't expect the IRC server to come back anytime soon. Maybe we should start thinking about other options. On a side note, is there a reason we just can't go back to our old channel on rizon? The temp server, although it is awesome, seems to be lacking in numbers of people that come there....

Yes, we could do that. I did reregister that channel awhile ago. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

irc.rizon.net
#gotwoot

Assertn
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by: KitKat

What the...I could've sworn I pointed that out a day or two before

KitKat
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh.....well, maybe you did, but not when I was around. And you didn't point it out in this particular thread, so I don't think it was redundant for me to do so.

Assassin
Thu, 12-01-2005, 01:44 PM
i still blame DO for not taking better care of Wiliks computer. Maybe if he wasn't so busy whoring around, this tragedy would've been averted.

shame on you DO

DO
Thu, 12-01-2005, 10:19 PM
*gasps*

You shut your dirty lieing mouth liar!

DO
Sat, 12-10-2005, 01:58 PM
IRC gw is back online!!

irc.gotwoot.net
#gotwoot

Enjoy.