PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 203 Discussion

nests
Thu, 11-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Click here (http://shonenjump.free.fr/Bleach.zip)

Credit to Djudge
[quote]
(With offense and defense evenly matched, Ikkaku and Idolad fight on.)
Ikkaku: What the hell was that!? Is that all you can do with a Zanpakutou!? Wouldn't it be better off just as a waist ornament!?

Idolad: Blades won't cut the Hierro (steel skin) of us Arrancar! That's our armor!! The sword in your hand will hardly suffice!!

Ikkaku: Yeah, sure.

(Ikkaku's hard blow is caught; he and Idolad's cross swords violently.)

Ikkaku: ...Aha, dropping the arm in such a manner and knowing when to properly do so.

(Idolad repels away from the swordlock to make room.)

Idolad: ...A Shinigami that refuses to release his Zanpakutou... What a shame.

Ikkaku: Alright, already. Shikai it is.

Keigo: Wh... whwhwh... what the hell's happening...!? What else can possibly happen now...

Yumichika: ...Well now, did I hear that right? Coming from Ikkaku, the Third Seat of Zaraki's Division... The second strongest individual of entire Division.

Keigo: Ah...! You're from earlier as well... then... are you going to help out too...?

Yumichika: ...I don't get it after all. That look on his face, it's always pleasant. Even after engaging an exceptional opponent like this, Ikkaku's expression is one of elation. It isn't about refusing to aid being bad as much as it is to actually provide it. Is that what this is all about?

Keigo: Is that guy... really... enjoying this...? Helping him out would be a bad thing...?

Idolad: You think you've guaranteed your victory...!?

Yumichika: No doubt.

Keigo: What do you mean!? What if this doesn't pan out and your partner kicks the bucket!?

Yumichika: --The way this will turn out has already been decided. With total satisfaction.

Bleach c203 - Mala Suerte!2 "El Monstruo"
(Ikkaku is on this week's cover.)

(Two figures are wrapped in a flurry of offense and defense.)

Idolad: (...His style is rough, but his arm is true... Such a capable tool at your disposal... Though for all the complexity of your movements, reading through them is quite easy... You lunge with the sword from your left, and defend with your sheath at the right! Most simple!!)

(Idolad smacks Ikkaku hard across the face and gathers reiatsu in his left hand.)

Idolad: (The moment your arm goes on the attack is the instant from which I move to counter.)

Idolad: (I've pierced through your defense. Now it's mere child's play to exploit your opening!!!)

(Idolad completes the left hand counter on Ikkaku and shifts to chain into an additional attack.)

Idolad: (Left! An attack!! He's got his sheath in his left hand--!!)

(Ikkaku now has his sword in his right hand and strikes Idolad. They both dash away an equal distance from each other. Idolad now has a shallow cut on his face.)

Ikkaku: Well, that was close. Although, I had the intention of taking your head.

Idolad: (...He's no ordinary person. Purposely setting up that simple attack as a feint to direct my attention elsewhere while he instantaneously switched his sword from one hand to the other...)

Idolad: (Such a ludicrous and painful way to fight. It's full of holes and you always stand a good chance of being hit; I'd have to terribly unlucky to be slain by all this. If it's such a blockheaded fight that you seek, then I'll enjoy ending it by playing your games!! At first glance, it would make sense to use your head to fight, but it seems that even morons can come up with a way to attack a target. If you think that this is a game, I'll show you to drop the toys and see combat's true meaning...!)

Ikkaku: That bastard is channeling his reiatsu plainly in that hand. Whatever that skill is, it took out two of my molars. Now you're just chilling over there; but, that crass won't settle anything. So, well then! What will the next exchange be like? This freak's going to have to get with the program!

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Pretty nice, Ikkaku is stronger than I thought. Interesting that allankar have releases too. Though not very surprising i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Knives122
Thu, 11-10-2005, 06:05 PM
well it is something we've been expecting, and as far as I know you need to be around captain level in order to do Shikai so, Idolad is toast, burnt toast

nests
Thu, 11-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Im hoping Zarazaki Kenpachi and the other captains come in and rescue them

LaZie
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:46 PM
a LQ scanslation is out by M7 get it here (http://www.maximum7.com/releases/bleach/Bleach_Ch203_LQ_M7.zip)

Assassin
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
well it is something we've been expecting, and as far as I know you need to be around captain level in order to do Shikai so, Idolad is toast, burnt toast

No you dont. You're thinking bankai. All of the seated officers can do shikai.

Anyway, its odd how much idolad's shikai resembles chads powers. Im sure its not a coincidence. perhaps chad is part hollow as well, though obviously not in the same way as ichigo. But this is a possible way for chad to get stronger now, and we know that needs to happen. Perhaps later on in the fight chad will appear and battle idolad arm to arm?

Edit: i'd really love it if people would actually post the links, instead of just saiying "its out here, go get it".

Yukimura
Fri, 11-11-2005, 01:05 AM
I dl'd the M7 release, Did the guy really say his name in spanish? and he does look a lot like a supprd up Chad...I wonder if something will come of that...

nests
Fri, 11-11-2005, 02:34 AM
Just got around to reading the chapter I like the whole spanish thing and the name of arankars sanpakto Volcanica (volcanic one) sounds cool.

Splash!
Fri, 11-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Scanalation available (HQ)
Here (http://roachhost.com/ju-ni/)

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 11-11-2005, 05:59 PM
What's up with the arrancars being all Spanish and shit?

THEY MUST BE CHAD'S FAMILY NEW THEORY

mage
Fri, 11-11-2005, 09:49 PM
the name of the place where the hollows live is called 'hueco mundo' meaning 'empty world' or 'hollow world', hollow in the literal sense that is. it makes sense that some hollows may have spanish names if the place itself has a spanish name, i suppose.

kAi
Fri, 11-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Nice chapter, Ikkaku was going good, let's see how he fairs now.

DeathScytheHCv2
Sat, 11-12-2005, 12:16 AM
For my first post all I have to say is that arrancar 13, Eduardo Leones, has the name of a character in a Mexican soap opera. Also, one quesstion anyone remember the complete name of Sado?

Assassin
Sat, 11-12-2005, 01:32 AM
no but i remember he was mexican....maybe this allankar is related to chad somehow. Perhaps his dad or grandfather or something. didn't his grandpa die rite before chad came to japan?

DeathScytheHCv2
Sat, 11-12-2005, 03:20 AM
@Assassin
It is arrancar. Arrancar means to take off by force (in spanish). The Arrancar "took of" their masks. This idea came to me while reading your post and also watching "That's 70 show".

FYI that medal that chado has, is an old model of the national flag of Mexico. My guess is that chad's grandfather fighted on the war of 1910 i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 11-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by: DeathScytheHCv2
For my first post all I have to say is that arrancar 13, Eduardo Leones, has the name of a character in a Mexican soap opera. Also, one quesstion anyone remember the complete name of Sado?

Sado Yasutora. I think.

DeathScytheHCv2
Sat, 11-12-2005, 07:35 PM
@The Heretic Azazel
Thank you, for some strange reason I used to think that Sado had a spanish last name

ChaosK
Sat, 11-12-2005, 08:58 PM
i dont get why ikkaku wont release shikai.

DeathScytheHCv2
Sun, 11-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Remember Anime rule #27

Law of Conservation of Firepower
(from Tom Williams)

Any powerful weapon capable of destroying/defeating an opponent in a single shot will invariably be reserved and used only as a last resort.

That or he is only toying with Eduardo

basey44
Sun, 11-13-2005, 01:44 AM
well yea itll be a last resort, cos if the other guys dead then the weapon owner will have nothing to resort to

mage
Sun, 11-13-2005, 02:08 AM
it's not like his shikai can do anything, all that happens is his spear can un-hinge.

Konohamaru
Sun, 11-13-2005, 07:58 PM
I think Ikkaku might lose this fight and pretty boy will come in and drain his energy with his shikai technique.

heero
Sun, 11-13-2005, 08:45 PM
allankar releases reminds me of seal level 2 in Naruto..

oyabun
Sun, 11-13-2005, 11:22 PM
great comparizon i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

bagandscalpel
Mon, 11-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Now, looking ahead, let's see if any of the allankar can go as far as a "Bankai" level release.

Speaking of which, wonder what Aizen's is like, considering how inordinately powerful he is without resorting to any release to begin with...

Splash!
Mon, 11-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
What's up with the arrancars being all Spanish and shit?

THEY MUST BE CHAD'S FAMILY NEW THEORY

lol did you notice the arrancar's release looks like alot like two of Chad's arms

@bagandscalpel
I am almost a hundred percent sure at this moment that GrimmJow, the leader of the group, has a bankai release.

ChaosK
Mon, 11-14-2005, 08:18 PM
maybe grimjaw is the only vastrooode there because rukia killing off a allankar barely trying...that one must be weak...

bagandscalpel
Mon, 11-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but for me it's a funny little itch.

Does Grimmjaw look like Hitsugaya (aged 20 or so years) to anyone else? What of that other un-named allancar who resembles Ukitake or the one that vaguely reminds me of one of Orihime's "flowers"?

Does this mean that the resemblances go beyond that of this current allancar and Chad?

EpyonNext
Tue, 11-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by: bagandscalpel
Does Grimmjaw look like Hitsugaya (aged 20 or so years) to anyone else?

Thats been commented on about 033457093475236056534 times now.

Konohamaru
Tue, 11-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Remember Ikkaku is mch stronger than he actually is right now. All Shinigami's lower their powers before entering the earth realm.

kooshi
Tue, 11-15-2005, 09:02 PM
I dunno if they would do that in this case. They know that allancars should be stronger than a captain, so why would they weaken their soldiers against them?

Splash!
Tue, 11-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by: kooshi
I dunno if they would do that in this case. They know that allancars should be stronger than a captain, so why would they weaken their soldiers against them?

yeah it wouldnt make sense, renji said something about lowered power as to not cause unnecessary influence. But in this case, i dont think the care about such things as not exposing too much of their power, they need all the power they can get.

PSJ
Wed, 11-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Just read this chapter.

Ikkaku is badass, i love his fighting style.

I kind of think that his shikai can do more than just becoming a spear, maybe he wasn't strong enough to learn about it's power. I mean Ichigo's blade was in shikai from the start but it took him a while to learn about it's power, shooting that beam thingy. A Zanpakutou can be released without using it's power.