PDA

View Full Version : UK's Anti Terror Legislation

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Tony Blair has just been defeated in his quest to increase the amount of time the police can hold a suspect without charge from 14 days to 90 days in the House of Commons. The period has been increased though to 28 days. What do you guys think of the whole ATL? Is it needed? If it were in place would it have stopped the bombings of 7/7?

Assassin
Thu, 11-10-2005, 01:48 PM
it doesnt help so much when you hold someone with or without a charge AFTER the deeds been done. They should focus more on how to prevent it.

As for the holding, i think its ridiculous.....if you cant charge someone within a week, then why hold them for a month? it'll just cause more racial discrimination which will inevitably result in more terrorist activities

milfhunter
Thu, 11-10-2005, 07:03 PM
On a related note, why the fuck are the USA allied with the UK? Didn't we go to war with them to gain independence from them, or as I like to say, give them the middle finger and fuck their sisters? I mean, what the fuck.

I don't know whether you changed a pre-existing mod edit, or just impersonated a mod, but either way you've gotten yourself a warning.

GotWoot Moderator

Xollence
Thu, 11-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Well it started with Jay's Treaty, where we basically sided with Great Britain over France, about the same time Napoleon came to power. And then of course our ties got stronger through WW1 & 2.