PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 283 Raw

nests
Thu, 11-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Mirror 1 (http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UVFOTHBH6ABC0MFQSEN0UYOE)
Mirror 2 (http://www.mytempdir.com/254462)
Mirror 3 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/8mvrt6)]

LaZie
Thu, 11-10-2005, 01:34 AM
It looks like Sai!

nests
Thu, 11-10-2005, 01:37 AM
Doesn't he look like Ichimatu Gin from Bleach

Honoko
Thu, 11-10-2005, 01:46 AM
no, not really...

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 03:05 AM
Sai is teh happy!

nests
Thu, 11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Here are some more
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/1020/jun4ny.jpg
http://x11.putfile.com/11/31307311757.jpg

rockmanj
Thu, 11-10-2005, 09:57 AM
oh...that is sai

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:12 AM
wtf? :S

kAi
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:21 AM
hmmm, weird

this makes me really want to see what happens in this chapter.

nests
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Choji
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/1309/2nef715d3b2dd.jpg

kAi
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:37 AM
are you going to continue to tease us, or are you going to give us a chapter god dammit!

well, guess we'll see Ino, and Shikamaru too.

nests
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:38 AM
283 raw (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5LRM57I5)
283 raw (http://rapidshare.de/files/7442805/283Dyro.zip.html)
there my job is done

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Very cool chapter!

In summary, Naruto meets up with Shikamaru (whom we have seen before after the time jump, which people keep forgetting). Then he meets Chouji and basically everyone is so happy that they look like they are on crack. Then a summoned creature comes along and Chouji, who btw looks a lot like his father now, punches it into oblivion. It's revealed in the next panel or so that the summoner is SAI omfg plot twist. Then he summons more thingies and Shikamaru/Naruto rapes them. Then Naruto jumps up and stands in front of Sai, probably saying something like "I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR DISRUPTING OUR HAPPINESS LOOKING ODDLY LIKE WE WERE HIGH!". Then Sai smiles, probably saying "who gives a shit about you?" or perhaps even "I look like a complete fag".

Nice stuff. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Thu, 11-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Chouji and shikamaru are pretty badass now

Knives122
Thu, 11-10-2005, 01:44 PM
wasn't shikamaru always badass?

Edit: just read it, and yes Chouji is badass as well

but wtf is with sai, him being an ink painter is weird(him drawing the painting and then using his chakra to make it come alive). It's sort've stupid.

oh well.

ChaosK
Thu, 11-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by: Honoko
no, not really...

not at all...

Phoenix20578
Thu, 11-10-2005, 02:11 PM
This chapter looks good. I hope the scanlation comes out soon.
And yes, Chouji is now badass i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 11-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Interesting chapter. I don't know about the rest of you but I like sai's power. Using caligraphy to combat his foes is quite artistically unique. To bad he's never going to get to meet up with sasori. Maybe if were lucky we will get to see an artist's battle between sai and diedara? Although we better get some exposition on this guy. Curious to see what kind of role he's going to play in the next arc.

nests
Thu, 11-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Scanlation

Mirror 1 (http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UVFOTHBH6ABC0MFQSEN0UYOE)
Mirror 2 (http://www.mytempdir.com/254462)
Mirror 3 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/8mvrt6)

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Watch as Sai becomes yet another one-shot villain with a semi-tragic past who dies after hurting a non-villain (the latter survives though) i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Chapter thoughts:

- "Naruto's (actually meaningless) search continues" = made me laugh
- Shikamaru's new jutsu is awesome
- "Do you even have a dick?" LMAO
- Sai rocks

nests
Thu, 11-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Very arrogant and disrespectfull, and a very interesting technique Sai is pretty cool so far
I like how Choji reacted quickly to the attack it looks like he might be one of the ones that goes with Naruto

Hakeem_21
Thu, 11-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Chouji looks like he has gotten stronger with new move and all. Shikas new move was nice.

Sai i dont care much for actually, he reminds of me too much of Sasuske.

Hope Naruto shows that he has gotten stronger in next chap. The only time he has made cool moves in this arc was with Kyubi chakra,i wanna see if he has improved even without the kyubi.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 11-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Lol I'm actually liking the sai character, probably because he asked naruto if he had a dick. That was pretty fricking hilarious. Last thing I was expecting. Curious to see where kishimoto is taking this. Also if Sai wants to be included in naruto' s team attacking and insulting him dosen't seem like the best way to go about it.

Neko Haruko
Thu, 11-10-2005, 09:47 PM
YAY SAI IS A GUY! But he seems to be the seme of the group. awww....

kAi
Thu, 11-10-2005, 09:55 PM
yeah, hoefully Naruto has improved, as so far, it doesn't look like it. He still seems to be that little idiot at the moment.

This chapter was so so, I was wondering how this chapter was going to turn out.
Shikamaru's new technique is pretty good also.

Necromas
Thu, 11-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Poor Naruto, the reason his voice is so high and girly in the dub is revealed, HE HAS NO DICK!

Lefty
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
yeah, hoefully Naruto has improved, as so far, it doesn't look like it. He still seems to be that little idiot at the moment.

This chapter was so so, I was wondering how this chapter was going to turn out.
Shikamaru's new technique is pretty good also.

Well see it during a bid moment where everyone will just be "wow, he's sooooo much better than before." or somthing to that effect.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 11-11-2005, 12:12 AM
yo guys who's sai? and what chapter did he show up. if he did came long time ago can u tell me in which eps.

nests
Fri, 11-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Naruto has showed improvements well not a lot but now it looks like he doesnt waist energy by doing a hall bunch of kagebushins so far if you pay attention he has only made enough to help him in what he wanted to do
Oh yeah Hakeem_21 what is it that reminds you of Sasuke because I just dont get that feeling

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG
yo guys who's sai? and what chapter did he show up. if he did came long time ago can u tell me in which eps.

Sai is a fairly new character, he appeared for the first time about 2-3 chapters ago.
I think chapter 281. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Psyke
Fri, 11-11-2005, 07:41 AM
My thoughts:

- One shot of Sai reminded me of Itachi
- His power seems weird at first,but I think it'll be real cool when the anime comes to it, whenever that may be (2 years? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)
- Chouji and Shikamaru are pretty cool, but Naruto (still) looks like an idiot
- I'm quite sure the Japanese text doesn't say "Do you even have a dick?" even though I haven't seen the raw. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

nests
Fri, 11-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke

- I'm quite sure the Japanese text doesn't say "Do you even have a dick?" even though I haven't seen the raw.
It does say penis

Dionysos
Fri, 11-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Sai looks really cool, but the last lines were a joke eh? "Do you even have a dick" thats quite strange and doesnt really fit in my opinion

Hakeem_21
Fri, 11-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by: nests
Naruto has showed improvements well not a lot but now it looks like he doesnt waist energy by doing a hall bunch of kagebushins so far if you pay attention he has only made enough to help him in what he wanted to do
Oh yeah Hakeem_21 what is it that reminds you of Sasuke because I just dont get that feeling

How he acted in this chap reminded me of Sasuske.

Or it could be that i dont like them both.

Seriously im getting tired of characters like Sai, girly etc.

Why cant they look like boys/men.....

Stoopider
Fri, 11-11-2005, 10:24 AM
I wonder whether Sai is an enemy or truly a friend. There seem to be some political conspiracy of some sort going on.

Sai seemed to be trained by one of the elders of the Fire country. But not a Leaf Ninja. Maybe Fire Country has other smaller ninja clans non-associated to the Leafs.

Or is he from some other ninja clan from another nation? ANd what his this all to do with Naruto? Probably Sai's Naruto's bodyguard, or the elder is working for Akatsuki?

The plot thickens. Kinda like Kabuto, whats his real affiliations and motives.

Konohamaru
Fri, 11-11-2005, 10:27 AM
he looks like a young itachi minus the scars to me. As for his powers, it's cool but it takes time to set. Who's really gonna stay in battle to draw something then summon it? Any fast ninja after seeing it once would be able to counter it. Unless he has another trick up his sleeve.

Perhaps he's from another country but got moved to konoha. Since no one has seen him before.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 11-11-2005, 11:22 AM
I really hope it isnt his best skill the drawing jutsu, if it was he would be the lamest ninja so far in naruto. He must have other much better moves.

nests
Fri, 11-11-2005, 12:20 PM
I doubt that s the best he can do he is supposed to be the strongest among his age group

Strider
Fri, 11-11-2005, 03:58 PM
My thoughts:

- Like Psyke, Sai's cameo was reminiscent of Itachi
- The living artwork was weak; that better not be Sai's best (Although, I'm sure it isn't)
- Chouji is so "OMGWTF u pwn!" - He was able to expand certain parts with ease, and without any seals of calling out the technique
- Shikamaru's new technique was nice, although I'm expecting more and better from him
- Naruto is still a loser; I will be furious if in three years all he's done is Oodama and learned how to get angrier and use more of Kyuubi's tails
- .. They've mentioned her, now show her. WHERE'S KURENAI!?

Fin.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 11-11-2005, 04:11 PM
thank u terra cause i don't follow manga that much so it was a suprise to me. but i agree with hakeem_21 what's point kishi showing a boy like a girl. man i hope naruto at least learned 10 new jutsu and one genjutsu. but i can't believe he couldn't block the tiger that was attacking him. did naruto's speed increased or is it just me? i hope jirayai showed him that move that 4th used that has insane speed, travel to any direction very fast.

LaZie
Fri, 11-11-2005, 05:35 PM
HQ Scanslation out by EatOurDust

BT-Link (http://www.firedowndrop.com/tracker/torrents/%5BEatOurDust%5DNaruto_-_ch283%5BHQ%5D.zip.torrent)

Jman
Fri, 11-11-2005, 08:03 PM
thanks for the links
that guy looks like a gayer version of itachi. i don't care to know about his past. it's probably gonna involve the old cliches...abandoned as a baby, his parents were killed in the most horrible way, etc etc. maybe he'll have some kinda disease so he'll only be seen for 1 arc and then die only to come back as the artist formerly known as the artist nin.

darkmetal505
Fri, 11-11-2005, 08:25 PM
ahaha "do you even have a penis?".... The truth comes out

KM
Fri, 11-11-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't have a problem with Haku, but Sai is just gay. But I think that is the whole message:

"I look really gay, but I am not gay."

The technique of drawing on the scroll fills a hole in Kishimoto's ninja world, because many summons are from scrolls, so it is expected that there will be ninjas who can create scroll in real time. Whether it is ridiculously slow, we don't know. Maybe it is very fast when it comes out in anime. I think his ability is still has a lot of potentials, even if it is just drawing and summoning. If Kishimoto doesn't use those ideas I will keep them my own.

Besides, it is like a tradition for anime artists to include some anime-artist-like character in the story. I personally think that it is a bad decision. But who cares what I think.

Jman
Fri, 11-11-2005, 08:48 PM
i wont be suprised if sai pulls out a nintendo ds and uses the stylus if his scrolls get destroyed. in anycase i hope he's afflicted with carpal tunnel syndrome. that'll show him
heheh

Hakeem_21
Sat, 11-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by: KM
I don't have a problem with Haku, but Sai is just gay. But I think that is the whole message:

"I look really gay, but I am not gay."

The technique of drawing on the scroll fills a hole in Kishimoto's ninja world, because many summons are from scrolls, so it is expected that there will be ninjas who can create scroll in real time. Whether it is ridiculously slow, we don't know. Maybe it is very fast when it comes out in anime. I think his ability is still has a lot of potentials, even if it is just drawing and summoning. If Kishimoto doesn't use those ideas I will keep them my own.

Besides, it is like a tradition for anime artists to include some anime-artist-like character in the story. I personally think that it is a bad decision. But who cares what I think.

I dont think his drawing jutsu will look faster in the anime.

Edort4
Sat, 11-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Well its spectacular the new drawing jutsu, but doesnt seem too much to me, there has to be something more, like some killing-ink jutsu, storm of sharp pencils jutsu etc.

I liked how naruto listened to shikamaru, he was going to make kage bunshin but he believed in shikamaru and skip the fight to focus on the target, this shows quite a developement of naruto, now he chooses his battles and takes advantage of teamwork. Maybe is just nothing and im seeing a simple action too positively.

Sai has konoha headband so he is from konoha, if not he cant join naruto's team, wich is his goal. There can be many answers to why no1 knows him, maybe he was trained in secret, feared (maybe a jiinchuriki ), protected or something like that, he is to supposed to be the strongest of his age there must be a reason to that and that reason is conected to his secrecy.

Lithonite
Sat, 11-12-2005, 08:15 PM
hey guys ,it looks as though naruto finished his jutsu...

predition: Its behind Sai, we know naruto can have his kage buushin appear great distances away from him.

His jutsu speed even before was pretty quik with that particular justu.

If in this time has had aquired no talent he would not have been told by Jiraiya "you've gotten/are strong". He also would not have gotten the drop on the dierdara clone. Sai will lose, if naruto doesnt get too angry to focus, or the fight stopped prematurely.

im not convince Sai is a guy, gender neutral language was used in 281

Also, in referance to the him being unknown-it seemed he was under direct supevision, and training of an elder. So he is a noble, like Hinata- if you recall Kurenai had to askpermission to tain Hinata' vs her father supervising her training.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 11-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Thats whats annoying that we all know naruto is stronger but he wont show it.

Lithonite
Sat, 11-12-2005, 08:57 PM
yeahkishi is kinda ticking me off with this wholesandbaging, i think he is trying to develope jutsu's for naruto. He should @least shownaruto using something we have seen before like the "yellow flash" of teh 4th's or, even something as simple as suiton no jutsu. i really hope we se something soon. These days i have moreof a Bleach junky because of this... who am i kidding i still sit waiting for te next issue of naruto.

ChaosK
Sat, 11-12-2005, 09:12 PM
honestly i cant tell if thas really what kishimoto wrote because the guys an idiot...but "do you even have a dick" is awsome. Also, shika's move was awsome, shadow stitching.

KM
Sat, 11-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Re: I don't think Sai's drawing will be any faster in the anime. I don't think Sai will be a cool character. In fact, I think that Sai is a filler character in the manga. The kind of character the kishimoto would make up just for the heck of it because there isn't enough story.

You can tell that he is made up on the spot because there is absolutely no foreshadowing for him. When you have an anime so ambitious to have hundreds of episodes, there are bound to have filler characters popping every now and then.

Assertn
Sat, 11-12-2005, 10:39 PM
A filler character is a character that appears in the anime but not in the manga....
there's no such thing as a filler manga character

mage
Sat, 11-12-2005, 11:39 PM
he means filler character as a useless character that came out of no where.

Assertn
Sun, 11-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Doesn't change the fact that his usage of the word is wrong.

Alot of characters show up without warning...take gaara, kankuro, and temari's first appearance for example

Knives122
Sun, 11-13-2005, 12:34 AM
I think what he means is cannon fodder, a person that just comes into the show/manga that just gets killed off bat(it's like the guy that dies in Star Trek)

kAi
Sun, 11-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Sai has a mission to complete, and he needs to get onto Naruto's team what ever it takes, so I think he'll be around for quite some time. Also, he's supposedly the strongest out of his generation, He shouldn't be able to be beaten so easily.

mage
Sun, 11-13-2005, 02:10 AM
what's the point in introducing ANOTHER character when there are already like 20+ to choose from? it's just stupid.

DeathScytheHCv2
Sun, 11-13-2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
I think what he means is cannon fodder, a person that just comes into the show/manga that just gets killed off bat(it's like the guy that dies in Star Trek)

So Sai is going to have a similar death to Heine?
Predicction
Sai is going to attack Naruto from behind while some generic villian #89072347928928374 shots and kills Sai.

KM
Sun, 11-13-2005, 03:38 AM
I am not literate. What I meant was I think Sai is a superfluous character.

I think the plot of a manga has different phases. When Gaara appeared, the viewer is still in the exploring phase, where Naruto still had no real main goal/mission. But now, Naruto has a goal. And when a character pops out like that, it becomes superfluous. It seems that they just impeded the plot by creating branches. I think the general feeling is that we are not in mood to learn a new character:

what's the point in introducing ANOTHER character when there are already like 20+ to choose from? it's just stupid.

While there aren't that many conflicts. I think Sai is just introducing a superfluous conflict.

Assertn
Sun, 11-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I am not literate.

Haha, well you said it, not me i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I have a feeling Sai is going to end up being a jinchurriki (sp?)
We know that there are 5 more still out there in the Naruto world, and if there was a time to introduce another, now would be it.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 11-13-2005, 06:13 PM
For some reason my immediate thoughts upon seeing him was that he was a Jinchuuriki.

Yezsyr
Sun, 11-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

I am not literate.

Haha, well you said it, not me

I have a feeling Sai is going to end up being a jinchurriki (sp?)
We know that there are 5 more still out there in the Naruto world, and if there was a time to introduce another, now would be it.

There are not 5 left. I believe that there are at least 2 other that were captured before Gaara. I dont think that Sai will end up being as quickly ended as say, Sasori. Sasori served his perpose, even if it was only for a few chapters. The same could be said for Haku. He was a very short lived, highly loved character, but he served his perpose. The sound 4, Kimimaro, each character is going to have their moments in the sun, albeit short depending on the person. I think that Sai wont be as short lived as some of these other characters. We all know it is an inevitability that Sai will end up on Naruto and Sakura's team. We all know that some Sound Fodder Nin will be there to meet the characters at the bridge. We all know that we'll see a smidge of Sai's true power, and that sooner or later Sasuke will come and Naruto will go nuts. But I dont think Sai will be as short lived. If anything, he'll be a "Main character can show their true power on me" Character, and I dont think that will happen until Sasuke is found, or until Sai needs to betray the team.

Assertn
Sun, 11-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by: Yezsyr
There are not 5 left. I believe that there are at least 2 other that were captured before Gaara.
9 - Naruto - Gaara - 2 others = 5 left

What are you talking about? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 11-13-2005, 07:56 PM
I think Sai will be an important character, he wasn't presented as being the best of his age and all that hype, just to fall on his ass and die.

Raven
Mon, 11-14-2005, 10:17 AM
I think this fight will be over next chapter, when Sai reveals to them that he is on their side and he's here to join them, or whatever. Everyone will be convinced except Naruto, who will constantly suspect him.

We as readers will know that Sai is actually a villain behind the scenes, and eventually it will be revealed to all the characters and Naruto will say "I told you so!" Then he'll give Sai a big lecture about protecting your friends and the importance of following your dreams, and Sai will say "hey, this retard beat me up, maybe I'd better listen to him!" and he will find peace just as he dies.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Mon, 11-14-2005, 05:03 PM
the "yellow flash" move isnt gonna show up for a while if at all. give the yondaime some credit, even with 3 years of training i dont think naruto would be able to master a move of that calibur.

kooshi
Mon, 11-14-2005, 05:17 PM
If Sai is from Konoha: Just because Sai is the best in his age group doesn't mean that he can match up to Naruto. Heck, we don't even know his age, so there's no telling how much experience he has.

If Sai is not from Konoha, well, pretty much anything can happen.

mage
Mon, 11-14-2005, 07:44 PM
the art in this chapter looked like it went up a notch from the past 20

bagandscalpel
Tue, 11-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by: mr3vi1m0nk3y
the "yellow flash" move isnt gonna show up for a while if at all. give the yondaime some credit, even with 3 years of training i dont think naruto would be able to master a move of that calibur.

Will it even show up at all? I'd figure that a technique like that would be something unique to the Yondaime. After all, if any other shinobi could replicate it speed-for-speed, there would be an entire rainbow of "Flashes" in the Naruto universe. Besides, Naruto is clearly not as fast as some others, even after the three year gap.

Otherwise, Sai would've been backstabbed by Naruto from that distance.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 11-15-2005, 12:38 AM
I personally think the Flash technique has more to it than just speed. And remember, rasengan was unique to Yondaime as well, a lot of techniques get passed down. I think it would be pretty interesting to see Naruto use this move.

Naruto_RNG
Tue, 11-15-2005, 01:06 AM
i think naruto did use it when 5th was talking to sakura and shizune. there was some kind of aura around naruto. or was it? it would be pretty lame if jiraya didn't. i mean if he didn't then what the hell was he teaching naruto for 3 years? depend on your friends to save your ass.

Assassin
Wed, 11-16-2005, 12:57 AM
Jiraya was most likely teaching naruto how to better control his kyuubi powers/tails and how to use them in a fight. Im sure naruto's got some kool new moves, but i doubt we'll see the yellow flash technique from him. I think its one of those trademark jutsu's that only 1 person can have.

Lithonite
Wed, 11-16-2005, 10:40 AM
i tihnk if yellow flash isnt usabale by naruto its a waiste of a technique. and was only see one in a backstory. No that jutsu shoudl live, and naruto is a good home for it IMHO.

elmojo
Wed, 11-16-2005, 10:51 AM
what if sai turns to be a main character, maybe becomes good or something i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hotsuma
Wed, 11-16-2005, 11:04 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~i_d/hinata.jpg

Hinata!

Actually, I haven't read/watched Naruto in forever, but thought this might be worth sharing. If posted before, disregard and go about the rest of your Naruto life, ignoring loli bastards like me.

nests
Wed, 11-16-2005, 11:35 AM
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/4/eek.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
*Hot Hinata pic*

Hinata!

Actually, I haven't read/watched Naruto in forever, but thought this might be worth sharing. If posted before, disregard and go about the rest of your Naruto life, ignoring loli bastards like me.

Best comeback post EVER.

Naruto_RNG
Wed, 11-16-2005, 10:29 PM
my, f*** sakura, i want more hinata. dame hinata's hot in that pic. and that is why i like the fillers ladies and gentelmen. i agree with terra best comeback post EVER.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 11-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Yep, that's not fat on Hinata at all.....

Hakeem_21
Tue, 11-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Damn what a hot pic of Hinata someone should post it in the hottest female thread shows those fools.