PDA

View Full Version : about yourichi..

oyabun
Wed, 11-09-2005, 12:24 AM
doest she have a soul slayer? she didn't use anything in her fight with soi fong, they all have soul cutters right?

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 11-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Since Soi Fong is her replacement I guess it's safe to say she had a Soul Cutter at one point..

oyabun
Wed, 11-09-2005, 12:31 AM
where is it now? i mean uruhara's soul slayer didn't vanish after he was exiled. hmmm

Assassin
Wed, 11-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey, i took the liberty of emailing the mangaka and he told me youroichi's soulcutter was stripped from her when she left, and stored in a secret cave in a holy mountain in sould society. And when she gets it back it'll be 1000x stronger then it was originally.

Yukimura
Wed, 11-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Or maybe, she had one, it's gone and nobody knows or cares where it went. As evidenced by 57, she doesn't really need it to kick major ass.

naruto22
Wed, 11-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Bear in mind that Zanpaktos aren't the only weapons Shinigami use against Hollows. As Yoruichi and Soi Fon demonstrated magnificently in the past two episodes, Kido and Hand to Hand Combat are just as deadly, perhaps even more so than Zanpaktos.

I believe thet even have special styles for fists and foot. Its just that al we've seen so far is Zan Ken, or art of the soul slayer. Ichigo and Renji are the main proponents of this style, as is Zaraki Kenpachi amd presumably the 11th squad jerks.

Munsu
Wed, 11-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Was Yoruichi a Shinigami though? I'm not sure if they ever mentioned it, also her position and squad just recently got included as a Soul Society shinigami squad if not mistaken... I think the position Yoruichi used to have wasn't part of the 13 Squads...

Aeon
Wed, 11-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Ep 57 just showed the fact that she does have a soul slayer. Since she spent the last 100yrs as a cat I figure it would've been too heavy for her to carry around so she ditched it somewhere safe.

Assassin
Wed, 11-09-2005, 12:10 PM
bet you anything that urahara has it.

oyabun
Wed, 11-09-2005, 08:34 PM
yah, maybe uruhara stored it or kept while yourichi was gone

Zhan
Thu, 11-10-2005, 03:46 AM
I agree with Bud, it doesn't really look like shes a shinigami, she doesn't even have a shinigami uniform.

naruto22
Thu, 11-10-2005, 04:16 AM
During Yoruichi's time, the Secret Mobile Corps was NOT a part of the Gotei 13. Its just that in Soi Fong's case, the two posts were merged so that Soi Fong is both a CAPTAIN of the GOTEI 13 as well as COMMANDER IN CHIEF of the Secret Mobile Corps.

Gotei 13 would be more like Marines or Regular Army Corps, while Secret Mobile Corps is perhaps can be likened to Navy SEALS or CIA operatives.

But as of Soi Fon's time, SMC is part of the Gotei 13, making the SMC the Army Rangers rather than as an inteligence agency in their own right.

Dionysos
Thu, 11-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Yoruichi isnt a shinigami and so doesnt have a soulslayer and i doubt that it was a soulslayer we saw in ep57 but more a normal sword

Mae
Thu, 11-10-2005, 07:08 PM
As I understood it it's the spiritual powers that make someone a shinigami, so she would be one. Ichigo is referred to as a shinigami even though he doesn't have any loyalty to Soul Society. Also, I thought at the beginning that they said that only shinigami were allowed in the Soul Society city. Even the servents there (like Hana) have spiritual powers.

I think that she does have a sword hidden somewhere, but she didn't bring it because she was travelling in her cat disguise. While we're talking about her, I wonder when she learned to take the form of a cat? I'm not sure, but I can't remember any of the other shinigami transforming their bodies at all. Hmmm.... that would be useful for spying... maybe Gin? Maybe he can look like other people and that's how he tricked Aizen? (wild theory)

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 08:13 PM
I don't think she had a soul slayer either. She is not even a sword fighter, and specializes in hand to hand (or using the kido attacks). Budweinken and Naruto22 have the best explainations so far.

Assertn
Thu, 11-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
I don't think she had a soul slayer either. She is not even a sword fighter, and specializes in hand to hand (or using the kido attacks). Budweinken and Naruto22 have the best explainations so far.

Yoruichi had a sword in the flashback of her and soi fong fighting hollows........

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Oh yeah, that she did. Well apparently it's not important enough for the anime to focus on it for more than 6 seconds. So who cares i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assassin
Thu, 11-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
While we're talking about her, I wonder when she learned to take the form of a cat? I'm not sure, but I can't remember any of the other shinigami transforming their bodies at all. Hmmm.... that would be useful for spying... maybe Gin? Maybe he can look like other people and that's how he tricked Aizen? (wild theory)

Well she was/is the princess of one of the 4 noble houses in soul society. And former commander of SS's version of the navy seals. That would explain why she has all these crazy powers, and crazier gadgets. Remember back when she heals ichigo after he fights kenpachi, and ichigo asks her "who are you, really", and she just smiles --> foreshadowing about the military commander thing.