PDA

View Full Version : My first time watch Bleach

lonewolfazn
Tue, 11-08-2005, 07:46 PM
1. First time i d/l eps 1-5, i watched 1-3 and so bored out of my mind, so i deleted them.
3 months later
2. Second time i d/l 1-8 and watched eps 4,5, i found that bleach is very borring, so i delete all.

1 month later, i read some article about bleach on this forum saying that the anime only good at about eps 8+ so i d/l eps 6-10 and watch them. After i finished eps 10, I d/l all eps up to 56 and stay up all nite finished all the eps.
The reason i posted this on the forum just to say thanking to the person that posted and convinced me to walk this great anime. Thank you for recommended such great anime . ty

dark maginn
Tue, 11-08-2005, 07:55 PM
ya its kind of slow at the begining but it gets good

aznimperialx
Tue, 11-08-2005, 08:02 PM
my situation was similar like yours only i stopped at esp 7

Kensee
Wed, 11-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Yeah Bleach was semi slow in the begining but starts to pick up ast episodes continue. My friend turned it down because unlike Naruto or FMA where you're hooked from the begining, Bleach takes some time to appreciate.

6Zabuza9
Wed, 11-09-2005, 01:11 AM
i watched it when it first came out. even if its boring i usually finish the series anywayz cause ANIME ROCKS. what other way to pass the time?

Kraco
Wed, 11-09-2005, 03:44 AM
Damn. I suppose I'm just too old to understand why the first episodes would bore anybody... I liked the series so much right from the very first episode. But I guess there must be some truth about the 8+ episode thing, because so many people have mentioned it.

Kensee
Wed, 11-09-2005, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by: Kraco
Damn. I suppose I'm just too old to understand why the first episodes would bore anybody... I liked the series so much right from the very first episode. But I guess there must be some truth about the 8+ episode thing, because so many people have mentioned it.

Naw you're not alone. I liked the first 8 episodes actually. I wasn't expecting much with an anime titled "BLEACH" but I just thought something would happen later on, and it did, now I need a Bleach Fix every week.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-09-2005, 07:34 AM
I actually didn't think the show was worth watching until about 20 episodes in.

Basically, until they took Rukia, I didn't care about anything that was going on. Or at the very least, until Ishida showed up, there was, like, nothing going on.

V
Wed, 11-09-2005, 08:51 AM
I kept watching because Rukia and that redhead were hot!!! Other than that, yeah it wasn't up there. But I too like to watch anime's through even if they're not the best. Why else would I watch Naruto.

FrogKing
Wed, 11-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by: lonewolfazn
1. First time i d/l eps 1-5, i watched 1-3 and so bored out of my mind, so i deleted them.
3 months later
2. Second time i d/l 1-8 and watched eps 4,5, i found that bleach is very borring, so i delete all.

1 month later, i read some article about bleach on this forum saying that the anime only good at about eps 8+ so i d/l eps 6-10 and watch them. After i finished eps 10, I d/l all eps up to 56 and stay up all nite finished all the eps.
The reason i posted this on the forum just to say thanking to the person that posted and convinced me to walk this great anime. Thank you for recommended such great anime . ty

That's funny, my experience is similar to your's...I watched the first two and was like, "WTF?" and stopped watching. Fast forward a year or so and read in another post about how much Bleach kicked ass and that the first episodes weren't an accurate representation of the series. So, I dl'd the 40+ episodes and caught up in a weekend. Now I am hooked and the show is AWESOME. In retrospect, I only wish that I would have 'milked' the series and paced myself because now I am like a junkie and constantly wants more episodes. I thought the epsiode that did it for me was 'Memories of the rain' which I think is episode 9; not that 1-8 are bad it's just that 9 is what really gives the show a direction and solidifies Ichigo as the main character. Bottom line...watch and enjoy ALL the episodes of Bleach and I can't wait to see Kageyoshi vs Ichigo's bankai!!!

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Honestly the first story arc did kind of suck. Things didn't really get interesting until rukia got kidnapped kicking off the whole soul society arc. I mean think about there really wasn't anything special about the first few episodes. They were just generic anime. Samurai dude with orange hair slices generic monsters (the first few hollow designs reminded me off angels from evangelion). I still think that as villain the hollows really arn't very compelling. Although I have to admit that the author addresses this issue quite nicely later on in the manga. I like many of you saw the first two episodes and considered bleach not to really worth watching. Although now with the draught of quality naruto bleach is serving as my weekly anime fix. I find the series quite entertaining but I still think it's lacking truly poigant momments which got me really hooked on naruto (rock lee garra fight, Haku, Garra's past, Sasuke's past). Granted bleach is extremely entertaining but there isn't really much else to it beyond the hyped up fights.

yapchagi
Wed, 11-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Usually anime is like that.
Sucks for the beginning...then suddenly it's interesting starting from ep 10 or something.

1st time I watched Bleach, I prefer Naruto than Bleach. But now, Naruto is complete shit with all those fillers.

KoKo37
Thu, 11-10-2005, 05:15 AM
well i watched 50ish espisodes in 3 days.. ( teachers were on strike that week n had nothing to do -.-" lol ) n it took me about 20 espisodes to get interested in it. The first 20 espisodes just seemed so dang boring, although most animes takes a bit of espisodes to get into it, same goes with any type of movie usally not funny or interesting at the start, but although 20 espisodes is pretty long i think its worth it cause its defently on my top 5 list >: )

AltonDS
Thu, 11-10-2005, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by: KoKo37
well i watched 50ish espisodes in 3 days.. ( teachers were on strike that week n had nothing to do -.-" lol ) n it took me about 20 espisodes to get interested in it. The first 20 espisodes just seemed so dang boring, although most animes takes a bit of espisodes to get into it, same goes with any type of movie usally not funny or interesting at the start, but although 20 espisodes is pretty long i think its worth it cause its defently on my top 5 list >: )

Same here. My bro kept watching Bleach from the very beginning, but I resisted. I thought well another 26 episode, 52 episode serie. NOT INTERESTED! And as you add the first 20 episodes "yawn" after the kidnapping things got very complicated. Well, I currently stopped at episode 50 (because I have read the manga until 201-i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif couldn't help my self what was going afterwards. I suppect that episode 60-62 will be awesome....everyone who has read the manga will understand) I hate to admit I NEVER liked long series except Rurouni Kenshin, Great Teacher Onizuka, Gundam SEED. My bro kept watching this g***damn DBZ which I really disliked (battles could last even for 3 episodesi/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif not to my liking). Anyways if this serie follow the pace of the manga it would reach my top 10.

P.S: Matsumoto with a kid (Toushiro) give me a break!

Jaredster
Mon, 11-14-2005, 03:01 PM
When I first started bleach I actually enjoyed the first 8 episodes. After 8 it pretty much tied itself with Naruto.

darkmetal505
Mon, 11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
My friend saw it at an anime convention when only 4 episodes were out. Being that popular, I decided to watch it.

EpyonNext
Mon, 11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
I started watching right before the Ichigo-Kenpachi fight.

I cant stop.

Darknodin
Mon, 11-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by: lonewolfazn
3 months later

basically, you are saying "thanks" to someone because they made you unable to sleep, and got you addicted to something called "bleach" and I guess that now you too need your weekly "fix"...

mage
Tue, 11-15-2005, 12:38 AM
http://www.drugrehabresources.com/

FrogKing
Tue, 11-15-2005, 12:39 AM
very nice...i, myself, need some rehab for bleach.

Assertn
Wed, 11-16-2005, 01:19 AM
I kinda miss the first 7 or 8 eps.....it had a neat feel to it. high school drama + killing demons, all with a cracked out, new-age feel to it. While the current episodes are definitely more exciting, it also starts to lose alot of that appealing individuality that i felt it had among other shounin series.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
I kinda miss the first 7 or 8 eps.....it had a neat feel to it. high school drama + killing demons, all with a cracked out, new-age feel to it. While the current episodes are definitely more exciting, it also starts to lose alot of that appealing individuality that i felt it had among other shounin series.

I know exactly what you mean. It was those first few eps that made me like the series so much. But it's that new feeling the current episodes (and most of the SS arc) bring that makes me say "damn this series rocks." (or something equally fanboyish)

I think it was during the first episode that I became a Rukia fan. To me, she was what made the series earlier on.

Jaredster
Wed, 11-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

I just hope the next arc takes place in the human world again. That sort of setting is what made bleach so good.

yvliew
Thu, 11-17-2005, 05:57 AM
I've always heard Bleach is really good but I never bothered until I'm really bored, I started to download 1-56 and finished downloaded 9gb in 2 days. Once I started to watch, I could not stop. I finished 1-56 in 4 days....I've just watched 58 today. awesome...