PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Fan Fiction.

Strider
Tue, 11-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Alright.

So, I'm almost done playing Resident Evil 4, which saddens me to say. However, with that occurring, I will most likely be spending the majority of my free time (i.e. - the little time away from work and from girlfriend) online again.

In addition to this, ever since a few PM exchanges between Xan' and I a number of weeks ago, I had been jotting plot and story ideas for a Naruto story in a notepad. I came up with some stuff that I think would be interesting had it happened in the series. But, in light of the continuing fillers I hardly see any of my hopeful wishes coming true. Thus, I figured I'd take things into my own hands. And, while it wouldn't be animated .. as I'm no animator, nor can I draw in that anime style, nor would it even be like the manga for the aforementioned reasons, maybe those who appreciate reading would enjoy it. Picture my words in your head and so forth ..

But, the point of this thread was because at the moment I am stuck. I've got a slew of original characters, techniques and skills and ample amounts of nonsense to go into them. And, at first I thought of only incorporating original characters. But, then I thought of how little so many characters are already used and I thought about including some other ones.

At the moment, I am going for the idea of another shinobi war. The premise would be that Iwagakure (Hidden Rock / Stone) is going to retaliate and exact revenge for their defeat thirteen years prior. They've enlisted Kumogakura (Hidden Cloud), with promises of a live Hyuuga specimen. This is the main story I was thinking of working off of. You all would be my initial audience, so I was curious if anyone had any input / feedback.

Should I include the Rookie Nine and such? Should it just be elite Jounin and above? I was thinking maybe like the Kakashi Gaiden, as there were Chuunin involved in that and such.

Please lend your creative assistance to give me something to do, and hopefully something for you all to enjoy reading.

In addition, post any good fan fictions anyone has possibly come across. May help as something to pass the time, and may provide some inspiring ideas.

darkmetal505
Tue, 11-08-2005, 04:26 PM
you have too much time on your hands

el_boss
Tue, 11-08-2005, 04:53 PM
I have always wanted to see more of the "real" ninjas. It was really cool in the invasion episodes where you got to see everybodys parents fight, and when Kakashi and company fought against Itachi and shark-boy.

Strider
Tue, 11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
you have too much time on your hands

I actually don't, most days. But, why do you say that?

I like to write. And, I like the Naruto series.

Somehow obtaining the best of both worlds only seemed right.

Originally posted by: el_boss
I have always wanted to see more of the "real" ninjas. It was really cool in the invasion episodes where you got to see everybodys parents fight, and when Kakashi and company fought against Itachi and shark-boy.

Agreed.

Funnily enough, I was planning to have Kakashi, Gai and other well-known Jounin involved. However, I was mostly looking forward to writing Izumo and Koutetsu (the Chuunin pair who mess with the rookies, right before the first exam). Considering the story would take place after the time skip, I was thinking of having them as Jounin as well. I liked them from their first appearance, and wished they were given more page / air time, even if for no purpose at all.

My only concern is if it would be a good idea to include the older, current versions of our Rookie Nine crew, almost in the same sense as Kakashi, Obito and Rin were during the Gaiden.

XanBcoo
Tue, 11-08-2005, 06:35 PM
So, I'm almost done playing Resident Evil 4, which saddens me to say. However, with that occurring, I will most likely be spending the majority of my free time (i.e. - the little time away from work and from girlfriend) online again.

Ah, so that's where you've been. lol, welcome back.

As far as your fanfic, going with a wartime story is an awesome idea. I'd advise you to keep the ninja feel to it though, but I know you probably would anyway. Do include older ninja (I like your Kotetsu and Izumo idea), but I'd only use a few of the Rookie Nine (but that's just me - I'm sick of them due to the fillers). Perhaps you could focus on a certain squad and its mission.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 11-08-2005, 08:03 PM
While you're at it, will you toss in some new villains, too?

As much as I would like to see another all-out shinobi war erupt, I would like to see fresh faces on the side of evil (as opposed to a handful of new protagonists). Perhaps Orochimaru and the Akatsuki have spoiled me...

Strider
Tue, 11-08-2005, 09:33 PM
New villains were a given. The enemies in this story were mostly going to be ninja from Hidden Rock and Hidden Cloud - two villages we've only seen shinobi from in flashbacks or by mere referrence.

There are five main ones I've been working on from the Hidden Rock. Three females, and two males. One of those males is blind, as well. Pure badass.

I only have three from the Hidden Cloud, and two of them are twins. Formiddable shinobi on their own, with various techniques that only seem amplified when performed together. Something like the Wonder Twins, or Aurora and Northstar of Marvel's Alpha Flight.

In regards to your request, Xan' .. I may have an idea to limit the amount of show for the known Rookie Nine. Won't spoil it, considering I may go with it. But, worry not .. I think it'll retain it's Naruto familiarity quite easily. There won't be any cannons or turrets about this battlefield. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

There will be a lot of cameo's, though. Another character that I made a Chuunin, is Matsuri. Most people most likely would not remember her, but this is the female who was in Konohamaru's class. In the chapter / episode prior to the war, during the Chuunin preparations, the class is being lectured by Iruka-sensei, and the Third Hokage comes. A girl, with thick braids / locks asks a question. I think she asks the Sandaime who does he consider precious, that makes him strong. Anyway, I thought her look was great. She'll be in it. Yuugao (Hayate's girlfriend) and her squad will be in it. A lot of the characters I wish Kishimoto would showcase a bit more often will be in it, basically.

Until I finalize a lot of the plot twists and ideas, with the help of the board-goers' feedback and interests, I won't post a release date. But, amidst the discussion about it, I'll be piecing things together, so once I am settled on everything it'd simply be a matter of structuring all the events. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Naruto_RNG
Tue, 11-08-2005, 10:33 PM
if u had to put naruto in one scene at least give him a new move please, if it's ok i have one it's the move the forth used during the shinobi war he could travel anywhere in a sec i forgot what it is called. ofcourse anything could do. and put neji in there too, since they're after hyuuga and all.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 11-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Strider don't let anyone discourage you. These are desperate times for us naruto fans. Between the fillers and the ever encourching U.S. dub there really isn't any way to get our naruto fix (except for the manga but even that's moving at a snails pace). My only wish is that you would have resurrected my "Create your naruto filler" thread as opposed to coming up with a new one. If I were you I would use flesh out some of the jounin and chunin of the leaf. Make up some cool techniques for them so they can fight your new villains. Also might want to throw in a bloodline limit as well. They provide interesting story fodder and if you feel up to it you can provide some social commentary on genetic engineering.

Shinda
Wed, 11-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by: Strider

However, I was mostly looking forward to writing Izumo and Koutetsu (the Chuunin pair who mess with the rookies, right before the first exam). Considering the story would take place after the time skip, I was thinking of having them as Jounin as well. I liked them from their first appearance, and wished they were given more page / air time, even if for no purpose at all.

Originally posted by: Strider

There will be a lot of cameo's, though. Another character that I made a Chuunin, is Matsuri. Most people most likely would not remember her, but this is the female who was in Konohamaru's class. In the chapter / episode prior to the war, during the Chuunin preparations, the class is being lectured by Iruka-sensei, and the Third Hokage comes. A girl, with thick braids / locks asks a question. I think she asks the Sandaime who does he consider precious, that makes him strong. Anyway, I thought her look was great. She'll be in it. Yuugao (Hayate's girlfriend) and her squad will be in it. A lot of the characters I wish Kishimoto would showcase a bit more often will be in it, basically.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif sounds like some characters that can make an interesting story. giving feedback is not my strongest point however. I just wanted to say I look forward to reading something, whoever is gonna be in it.

and if I suddenly think of something useful, I let you know. meantime I'll just watch the thread

Strider
Fri, 11-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG
if u had to put naruto in one scene at least give him a new move please, if it's ok i have one it's the move the forth used during the shinobi war he could travel anywhere in a sec i forgot what it is called. ofcourse anything could do. and put neji in there too, since they're after hyuuga and all.

As it stands as of now, I actually had no intention of including Naruto whatsoever. Weird, considering it's based off his show. Whatever. My idea on placing him somewhere in the mix may change. Doubtful, but possible.

And, the Yondaime's technique was called Hiraishin no Jutsu, I believe.

I was adamant about Neji's participation in this thing in the beginning, and while Team Gai will indefinitely play a good part, I cannot say he'll play a prominent role anymore. Gai, yes. The team .. 'eh.

Lots of Kakashi for the fans. So, there'll be a good amount of Gai and Kakashi, once they arrive.

But, I still need your [the board-goers'] help. I am unsure of whether to play this on a smaller scale, for starters, like the Kakashi Gaiden, and simply focus on one or two teams. Or go all out with a normal story, progressing into the massive Shinobi War.

Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
If I were you I would use flesh out some of the jounin and chunin of the leaf. Make up some cool techniques for them so they can fight your new villains.

Done.

Sadly, before coming up with the plot for this working writing project, I was focusing a lot on Sound techniques, as I fell in love with the idea of a shinobi using a violin as a weapon. I came up with a slew of new techniques. However, since the Hidden Sound Village will play no part in this, I can't use any of the material.

I've been working mostly on material for the villains. Mainly those of Hidden Rock / Stone.

It'll be a while before the first chapter, as it'll take some time to finalize all the information I've jotted down and sorting everything. Once that's done, I do not think it'd take me long thereafter to get to writing. However, I like to write several chapters before dishing the first one out. That way, there is more ready and waiting if people actually like the work and become hungry for more, while the continuation can be worked on.

In addition, if you guys have any character ideas (Name, brief description & history), please feel free to post it here or PM me. I troll the threads a lot more than I log in and whatnot, but choose your flavor of communication and I'll use what I can if I can.

Outro.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 11-11-2005, 04:26 PM
come on man, i've been diing to see naruto with new jutsus. the guy has been the idiot for the entire series. he is going to be the next hokage might as well beef him up and put him on and as it is his show.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Don't include Naruto. Please.

I like your idea to include Gai and Kakashi, and also Lobster Magnet's idea to flesh out the Leaf Jounin. Definitely more focus on them, rather than the Rookie-Nine. Personally I'd prefer the idea of focussing on one or two teams and their respective missions than a larger story, but do include lots of big military fights and wars and shit - that is if you want.

I'll try and think of some good Rock nins if you need ideas too.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sun, 11-13-2005, 11:53 PM
for some good naruto fanfiction i recommend

Foxhound (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2290899/1/)

Fox Identity (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2422718/1/)

Two Halves (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1812406/1/)

its sequal

Twice Shy (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2562829/1/)

Bloodlines (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1351778/1/)

Set in Stone (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1730446/1/)

and anything written by this guy (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/607866/).

that should keep some people tided over till the filler ends