#93: Phantasy Star IV - GEN
#94: Shining Force II - GEN
#95: Vagrant Story - PS
#96: Grim Fandango - PC
#97: NiGHTS Into Dreams... - SAT
#98: Shining Force - GEN
#99: F-Zero - SNES
#100: X-COM: UFO Defense - PC

Do you agree with the majority of this list?

aznimperialx
Sat, 11-05-2005, 11:03 AM
super mario bros melee is #6 hurrayi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Sat, 11-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out should be in the top 10 easily...

masamuneehs
Sat, 11-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics (19) and Super Mario World (23) got snubbed... no way were FFX and FFVIII better...

Also, what's with people voting up the moldy oldies? the first Final Fantasy? The first Metroid? The first Contra? Those games were not that good! Yes they started a great franchise but the game on its own was not anything to rave about! I wonder how many people voted for those old games and haven't even played them?

F-Zero is near the bottom? Thats a fucking shame! Super Mario Kart is at 61? How the hell did Soul Calibur for the DreamCast make the list and Soul Calibur II not?

ChaosK
Sat, 11-05-2005, 12:34 PM
i dunno, i LOVED the old super mario kart for SNES because when SNES was around, i was only like 7 or something, and there are very few games the mind of a 7 year old can master easily, the mario series were just one of them.

Munsu
Sat, 11-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Final Fantasy Tactics (19) and Super Mario World (23) got snubbed... no way were FFX and FFVIII better...

Also, what's with people voting up the moldy oldies? the first Final Fantasy? The first Metroid? The first Contra? Those games were not that good! Yes they started a great franchise but the game on its own was not anything to rave about! I wonder how many people voted for those old games and haven't even played them?

F-Zero is near the bottom? Thats a fucking shame! Super Mario Kart is at 61? How the hell did Soul Calibur for the DreamCast make the list and Soul Calibur II not?

Sorry, but the first Contra is awesome... If I stumble upon it I would still play it, it was very good...

And yeah, F-Zero really needs to be higher...

seanos
Sat, 11-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Ahhh Monkey Island (1 or 2 at least) should be in thar somewhere i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Deblas
Sat, 11-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Ocarina of Time as #2 and FFVII as #1? Damn right I agree with it!

Something tells me that the Legend of Zelda: Legend of the Twilight Princess will be in if not in the top 5, the top 10 when it comes out.

Nai
Sat, 11-05-2005, 03:34 PM
FFVII as #1? FFVIII as #17? Halo as #9 RIGHT before one of the greatest games ever? Fucking laughable. Then again, I'm not surprised. I mean, they voted on Master Chief over Kefka for "best videogame character," didn't they? Fucking MASTER CHIEF.

Gah!

Turkish-S
Sat, 11-05-2005, 05:09 PM
GaMEFAGS WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11!11!!

but nice list. some suck though:
#67: Deus Ex - PC
#91: Madden NFL 2004 - PS2
WTF??
and #82: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - SNES on 82?? best mario out there

el_boss
Sat, 11-05-2005, 07:13 PM
WTF!? Planescape: Torment isn't even on the list and they've got shitfests such as Madden NFL 2004 in there. It should have been in the top 10. I'm glad that Fallout 2 made the list tough (#73) should have been top 30 at least.
GoldenEye 007 and Halo: Combat Evolved are some of the worst games I've ever played.
The entire GTA series is grossly overrated.

aznroyale
Sun, 11-06-2005, 11:16 AM
i love mario games

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 11-06-2005, 06:10 PM
How the fuck did tales of symphonia make the list? Played through at least 20 hours of that shit and I couldn't stand it.

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by: Nai
FFVII as #1? FFVIII as #17? Halo as #9 RIGHT before one of the greatest games ever? Fucking laughable. Then again, I'm not surprised. I mean, they voted on Master Chief over Kefka for "best videogame character," didn't they? Fucking MASTER CHIEF.

Gah!

That is so true.

Then again, GameFAQs isn't really famous for their share of mindful individuals.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 11-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

You might, but I don't. It was the #1 game on all other polls. Also, Kingdom Hearts should've beenin the top
10, not at the 16 spot.

XanBcoo
Sun, 11-06-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm suprised that some sequels ranked lower than the originals. LIke Halo, for example. Kinda weird.

I disagree with some of the picks, but I'm happy OoT is #2.

Nin10doman
Sun, 11-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by: seanos
Ahhh Monkey Island (1 or 2 at least) should be in thar somewhere

Agreed.

And wtf, Super Metroid at 24? It should be much higher. That game is the pwnmax.

Knives122
Sun, 11-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Im pretty sick and tired of FFVII is number one, how come Star Fox couldnt make the #1 spot -_-

Assertn
Mon, 11-07-2005, 06:01 PM
FFVII is only still #1 cause of the movie that came out

Mario World and Mario 64 > Mario 3
And Smash bros needs to be at the very top kthx

I do find it highly amusing that nintendo recieves so much rap these days, yet hold 6 of the top 7 spots, and from gamefaqs kiddies, no less

kenren
Mon, 11-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Xenogears is in the list !! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mite Gai
Mon, 11-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I am going to have to disagree with some of this list as some game rankings make no sense like MGS3 (sure it was fun, but nowhere near as good as the original MGS) and while Halo is great and Halo 2 was not as fresh, I don't think that Halo 2 sucked that bad in comparison. And what the hell is up with Pokemon Gold being up there? After the first one the series got old. And I have no idea why Super Smash Bros. Melee is in the 6 spot (not that amazing), the original SSB should be there, that game was the shit back when it came out. I pretty much agree with the rest of the games though I am pretty sure that half the Gamefaqs members are trying to seem like they know what they are talking about by voting up old school games. And yes, the GTA series is overrated, first one was amazing and fresh, but the rest reused the same old formula. And why the hell is F-Zero so low?

darkmetal505
Thu, 11-24-2005, 12:51 PM
at least there are a lot of zelda games, and pokemon red was a classic.

Assertn
Thu, 11-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by: Mite Gai
And I have no idea why Super Smash Bros. Melee is in the 6 spot (not that amazing)

YOU'RE not that amazing

KoKo37
Thu, 11-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: Mite Gai
And I have no idea why Super Smash Bros. Melee is in the 6 spot (not that amazing)

YOU'RE not that amazing
lols, well imo ssb kinda sucks atm but was good when it came out, however imo ssbm is the best fighting game iv ever played O.o i mean lots of characters and they're actually ballenced for once -.- lol well its the only fighting game that i still play XD most just get boring after a while lol. Also most likey this list is for games that got the most votes so each game was voted when it first came out. so if your wondering why is like this super old game as good as this new one? well its probally not but at that time is was considerd good and got a lot of high rated reviews and votes XD

Something tells me that the Legend of Zelda: Legend of the Twilight Princess will be in if not in the top 5, the top 10 when it comes out.

ok no offence but i hated OOT lol, practilly everyone can beat it with 3 hearts ( Easy lol ) and in one day without even playing that much in the day -.- lol it was a good game just incredibly easy and short >< lol, Zelda 3 link to da past = best zelda game.. EVER lol

TruthofMistake
Thu, 11-24-2005, 02:56 PM
i agreed with most of the list but halo as #9 needs to go that is the most over rated game ever. I hope Bungie dies in a carfire.... err busfire it would have to be kinda big.

GhostKaGe
Sat, 11-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Xenogears only #32 and Secret of Mana #52 .......blasphemy

yaaaaa for Chrono Trigger #3 one of my all time fave games

I think Panzer Dragoon Saga should have made the top 100

Deblas
Sat, 11-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by: KoKo37

ok no offence but i hated OOT lol, practilly everyone can beat it with 3 hearts ( Easy lol ) and in one day without even playing that much in the day -.- lol it was a good game just incredibly easy and short >< lol, Zelda 3 link to da past = best zelda game.. EVER lol

But It's still a good game with a great story.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Which is what I mainly look for in a game. ZOE is the same. It was very short and easy to beat but it had a very good storyline.

KoKo37
Sat, 11-26-2005, 02:31 PM

But It's still a good game with a great story. Which is what I mainly look for in a game. ZOE is the same. It was very short and easy to beat but it had a very good storyline.

well yah it is still a good game and i admit i had lots of fun trying to get that gosu omgwtf fish lol XD ( gosu omgwtf fish = that super rigged giant fish lol ) and then with levitate on gameshark >: ) lol.

Also waht is this~!!? where the heck is seiken denetsu 3 t(>.<t) lol ( Secret of mana 2 ) Y ( dunno if i spelled it right lol ) i mean thats like my favourite snes game >< or atleast in the top 3 snes games XD lol

el_boss
Sat, 11-26-2005, 03:12 PM

But It's still a good game with a great story. Which is what I mainly look for in a game. ZOE is the same. It was very short and easy to beat but it had a very good storyline.

Do the Zelda games even have a storyline? Obviousley there is a story but the plots in Zelda games have never been very deep. I have never played a Zelda games because of the plot it is only because they are/used to be fun games. Wind Waker or what it's called was so fucking boring I actually stopped playing it.

Assertn
Sat, 11-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Also most likey this list is for games that got the most votes so each game was voted when it first came out. so if your wondering why is like this super old game as good as this new one? well its probally not but at that time is was considerd good and got a lot of high rated reviews and votes XD

Considering that gamefaqs probably didn't even exist in the 80s or early 90s when alot of those games came out.......i doubt it.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 11-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah, this seems to me more of a list of those games that stand the test of time.

Archangel
Tue, 06-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Dam i'd really like to get to play chrono trigger i've heard great things about it.

animus
Tue, 06-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Just get an snes rom/emulator or the psx iso/emulator.

Abdula
Tue, 06-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah seriously just get an emulator and why did you revive a three year old thread just to ask such a no brainer.

Archangel
Tue, 06-17-2008, 06:25 PM
I didn't revive for the question, i revived it because i liked it :)

I'll try to find one then, thx

They might have to add Final Fantasy Crysis Core to the top 20 now, that game kicks ass especially for a handheld

Kraco
Wed, 06-18-2008, 09:26 AM
That list fails in any case by not having a single Civilization in. Civilizations were big games.

Idealistic
Thu, 06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Meh... I don't know about OoT being better than LttP, let alone being the #2 game. Graphics aside, I liked LttP way more. OoT's Hyrule Field was just too..... dull and boring.

I'd put CT over FF7 though. But that's just me.

animus
Thu, 06-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I'd put Xengoears over FF7 too.

Archangel
Thu, 06-19-2008, 07:05 PM
bah you both fail :p

FF7 has to be the greatest game ever. I only got to play it about 5 years ago and even with the outdated graphics it was still the best game i ever played. Then again i'm a rpg freak so that might have had something to do with it.

animus
Fri, 06-20-2008, 07:17 PM
bah you both fail :p

FF7 has to be the greatest game ever. I only got to play it about 5 years ago and even with the outdated graphics it was still the best game i ever played. Then again i'm a rpg freak so that might have had something to do with it.

Honestly, when I see someone say FF7 is the best RPG ever and believe it with all their heart, I laugh. It's not a happy laugh, but it's a twisted cry for humanity.

True RPG veterans, know better.

darkshadow
Fri, 06-20-2008, 08:07 PM
to be completely honest, the RPG i enjoyed the most, was grandia 2.
It made such a big impact and i can play it again over and over again.

Im not saying its the greatest rpg ever, cause i don't believe in 1 title in the genre being supreme over all others, but grandia 2 gave me the best experience.

KrayZ33
Fri, 06-20-2008, 08:07 PM
baldur's gate is good too imho.

even though I liked ff8 very much (mostly because of the cutscenes... when balamb garden fought the galbadia one... this was soooooooo cool back then (and today).. with those flying motercycles and the very very nice music.

I'll never forget you guys (http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=k7EToHPA-xY), peace!

FF8 did really get me, because towards the end it got somehow scary and mind-fucking.

Board of Command
Fri, 06-20-2008, 09:00 PM
FF8 definitely had some of the best FMVs of all Final Fantasy games, and possibly all games ever made. However, the top FMV for me is still the firing of Midgar cannon in FF7. It just has so much sentimental value for me as a gamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUC3nJ5U5iA

Archangel
Sat, 06-21-2008, 11:07 AM
FF8 definitely had some of the best FMVs of all Final Fantasy games, and possibly all games ever made. However, the top FMV for me is still the firing of Midgar cannon in FF7. It just has so much sentimental value for me as a gamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUC3nJ5U5iA

If you want sentimental fmvs on FF7 i think 1 in particular comes to mind...

It's probably the biggest spoiler in the history of video games as well as the most known

darkshadow
Sat, 06-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Oh plz, aerith death is so overrated, it was a nice point in the story, but nothing more then that.
its funny how everyone that loves ff7 to death, has to use that scene as an argument.

Assertn
Sat, 06-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I never really played a lot of RPGs....but Chrono Trigger was the one that never got old for me.

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Speaking of the FF7 always using Aerith's death as an example of how great it is, Chrono Trigger has something similar that no one seems to remember. Or ever alludes to.

Seeing that on the FF Chronicles Disc in full anime-style FMV stands above Aerith's death in my opinion. Sure it's not the same, but it makes that particular character way more of a badass.

Board of Command
Sat, 06-21-2008, 12:38 PM
You talking about Shadow?

NM
Sat, 06-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I never played the Chrono Trigger version from FF Chronicles but I think you're talking about Crono himself right? When he sacrificed himself to stop Lavos?

Idealistic
Sat, 06-21-2008, 03:34 PM
@Darkshadow, Grandia 2 rocked man, though it was way too easy. But yeah, it's definitely one of my top RPGs because it had awesome music that just kept you excited. Like, you wish you could just fight non-stop because the music owns. But that's just one of the reasons... The story was sort of typical, but the characters made the story that much better.

And for the record... I HATE FF8. Hate as in, I think it sucks. I don't know how some people believe it's the best FF game.

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh plz, aerith death is so overrated, it was a nice point in the story, but nothing more then that.
its funny how everyone that loves ff7 to death, has to use that scene as an argument.

I'm not sure on that one but... isn't it normal for the heroine to die in the older FFs?

My cousin who told me about FF8 did tell me that :/, but I don't know if its true since I havn't played FF1-6

@ Idealistic... hmmm why's that? the story is pretty neat and the atmosphere gets very thrilling
It starts to get really good when you fight Edea for the first time... but even before that.. Dollet Landing, that "Train-event" where you had to capture the president of galbadia (?) and so on.

I enjoyed every single chapter.. especially the Garden Fight, which was truely awesome back then... I've never seen something like this before in other games ^^

I loved, yes *loved* it when Balamb crashed on the other garden and you were running towards the entrance... in the background all those fights with some soldiers firing a machine gun, another one riding that bike (as in the video above) but gets kicked off by a Seed member... and all those soldiers had Katanas! They were so cool ^^

here at 3:38 (http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=E7N8_Nzqv5I)], hell I think I'll install this game again.
It might look a bit funny *now* but back then.. this was pure eye candy! I loved it when they mixed gameplay graphics with video quality cinematics (first time this happened was right after you came out of the hospital @ the beginning ^^)

animus
Sat, 06-21-2008, 09:21 PM
FF8 was always near the bottom of my list when it came to ranking them (above 12 and X-2).

But, seriously for those of you who've never played Xenogears, do it.

Board of Command
Sat, 06-21-2008, 10:45 PM
^ Yes, Xenogears is the best RPG of all time. I don't think any RPG will ever be able to match what Xenogears was able to accomplish. FF7 comes close in my opinion, but Xenogears is simply on another level. Some will argue that Chrono Trigger is the greatest of all time, but I never understood the appeal of that game. I'll admit it's a great game, but it's just not the same as Xenogears.

I thought FF8 actually had a lot of good design elements. The graphics were very impressive and the main characters were memorable. The atmosphere was also very immersive with the concept of Gardens and whatnot. The biggest letdown was the combat/stats system because it was so easy to abuse (junction Ultima/Haste and limit break every turn).

The worst Final Fantasies I've played are X-2 and 12. X-2 was just complete garbage. 12 was the definition of "all flash, no substance."

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-22-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm almost in agreement with BoC on this one, but I have to throw Final Fantasy Tactics into the melee for best rpg ever. It's actually a strategy rpg, but it has all the important rpg elements. The story is fantatic, dark, and if you do the side quests and collect all the treasures and find the hidden locations, their descriptions truly flesh out the kind of world Ivalice really is. Xenogears, beats FFT in magnitude though, without ever sucking at any point. If Xenogears is one, FFT has to be a very close second. It's certainly the best FF game, by far.

Psyke
Sun, 06-22-2008, 02:14 AM
To me, Xenogears was good, but not as great as I thought it would be. Perhaps I was overwhelmed by the hype before I got to it.

For Final Fantasy, I thought IX was the worst, although I gave up on XII halfway due to lack of time and more importantly interest. X is my personal favourite, and while X-2 is being disliked by many, I was just more than happy to see Tidus, Yuna, and the rest of the gang back in action again.

animus
Sun, 06-22-2008, 08:43 AM
To me, Xenogears was good, but not as great as I thought it would be. Perhaps I was overwhelmed by the hype before I got to it.

For Final Fantasy, I thought IX was the worst, although I gave up on XII halfway due to lack of time and more importantly interest. X is my personal favourite, and while X-2 is being disliked by many, I was just more than happy to see Tidus, Yuna, and the rest of the gang back in action again.

Probably because it takes more than one playthrough to truly grasp how deep, immersive and grasping the story of it really is. I must've replayed Xenogears about 5-6 times, just because no other game does a better job at immersing you into it's story.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Man grandia 2 was so awesome, the music alone was pretty damn good, just listen to this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=5sTctpcgKV4&feature=related).
I still remember the first time hearing that song, awesome minotaur mini boss :]

the only things i disliked about grandia 2 where melfice death (http://youtube.com/watch?v=tkZf9nsWQ2k&feature=related)(i wanted him in my party dammit >_<) and the final boss (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ugu-qjRtvTU&feature=related) cause he was so freaking easy.

Actually i enjoyed grandia 2,3 and Skies of Arcadia more then any final fantasy.

animus
Sun, 06-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah, Skies of Arcadia is near the top of my list too, but the amount of random battles in that game were sooooooooo frustrating and the pacing of combat was pretty sluggish already.

Archangel
Mon, 06-23-2008, 09:49 AM
The worst Final Fantasies I've played are X-2 and 12. X-2 was just complete garbage. 12 was the definition of "all flash, no substance."

I agree with you on the first one, FF X-2 was the only final fantasy i never got to finish because i got bored of it, complete waste of my time.

Final Fantasy 12 wasn't half bad, i did enjoy the new mechanincs they added to the game but it just didn't have that WOW factor that all the other FFs seem to have. Also they should have placed more attention in the villain, Sephiroth, Kuja, etc. made the game 50% better.

Board of Command
Mon, 06-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Final Fantasy 12 wasn't half bad, i did enjoy the new mechanincs they added to the game but it just didn't have that WOW factor that all the other FFs seem to have. Also they should have placed more attention in the villain, Sephiroth, Kuja, etc. made the game 50% better.
I thought FF12 was a very shallow game in terms of storyline and characters. Aside from Ashe and Basche, none of the other characters had any real development or back story. In all the old Final Fantasy games, it was the characters that made the games memorable Whenever you try to recall the old games, you always think back to the characters first and foremost. You don't have that in FF12. The characters have no significance whatsoever.

animus
Tue, 06-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Vaan and Penelo's role is the utter most random occurence. They stay useless throughout the whole game with no significance other than being along for the ride, even tho Vaan is the protagonist.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Penelo is the most random character I've seen in any Final Fantasy. I can't even remember why she joined the party.

Archangel
Tue, 06-24-2008, 10:07 PM
The thing that pissed me off about her is that she looked better after the time skip. Why the hell didn't the creators just use that model during the game instead of using it only for the ending scene??

As for the randomness, I agree she kind of came out of nowhere but I did like Vaan as the main character ( not as much as Cloud, Squal, Zidane ofc but still good )

Board of Command
Tue, 06-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Vaan's role in the game lasted all but a few hours until Basche joined the gang.

Vaan also had some creepy looking abs.

KrayZ33
Wed, 06-25-2008, 05:37 AM
What do you guys do if I throw in some RTS games like Star Craft, Company of Heroes, Warcraft 2..

or out of other genres like Commandos, Half Life etc. I think they were all so much better than most RPGs (at least I've played them longer)

Fable (PC version with the new "continent") wasn't too bad either... pretty short but good.

Archangel
Wed, 06-25-2008, 09:01 AM
That reminds me anyone knows when fable 2 is coming out? Will there be a PC version?

@BoC Those things were abs? I thought it was some sort of decoration...

Board of Command
Wed, 06-25-2008, 06:06 PM
@BoC Those things were abs? I thought it was some sort of decoration...
You better believe it.

Idealistic
Wed, 06-25-2008, 09:18 PM
What do you guys do if I throw in some RTS games like Star Craft, Company of Heroes, Warcraft 2..

Yes... The big three are always a hit, SC, WC, Diablo. There's even a teaser image blizzard put up where they will be announcing something new at WWI. People are speculating it's Diablo 3, while some are just saying it's only more WotLK info.

But who knows.... I hope it's Diablo 3. :D

KrayZ33
Thu, 06-26-2008, 04:42 AM
its probably all three together

people on diablo-forums say there are 4 diablo runes hidden
hel shael ko ohm = hell shall come
while others see protoss runes in it and warcraft players frostmourne runes ^^
pretty funny xD

the same goes with the "eyes" they included in the new picture... WoW fans say its arthas the lich king... diablo fans say that its diablo breaking free from its prison or something ^^

gos27
Thu, 05-07-2009, 06:10 PM
FFIII was better for the DS ... and what about Call Of Duty 4 .. ? most played game of the year... maybe even century... !?

itadakimasu
Mon, 05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
COD 4 wasn't out when the thread was created back in 2005 !

i looked over the list though, which is an impossible list to unanimously agree on and GTA 3 would need to be top 10, same w\ starcraft and street fighter 2. all of those games were revolutionary.

I wouldn't play FF3 again. I remember when it came out and my neighbor had borrowed and and lost the *$#@($@ing world map... this was before I had the internet so i was just SOL.

FF4 is my all time favorite FF game, and i'll always complain about how weak FF7 ended. You spend hours battling the weapon's and then you kill sephiroth in 2 hits... mmmk.

Xelbair
Mon, 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Diablo funny fact:
Listen to the Diablo voice reversed(this voice when you put your game cd in) it'll say something along "Brush your teeth and eat vegetables"

Best game?
From adventure genre: Myst, Riven, Myst III Exile, Black Mirror, Syberia Series
from FPS: too much to decide on best one, probably q3 and ut(Not the f*****g counter strike shit)
RPG: FF VII, Last Remnant, Diablo(althrough now it does not count into RPG genre - but back then it did), Neverwinter Nights(for user content and second add-on) and king of all RPG's Planescape Torment
RTS: Red Alert 2, Warcraft 3, and World in Conflict, and maybe starcraft(i'm a warcraft-maniac mixed with a bit of hatred for starcraft), and of course supreme commander
Racing: i don't play that shit
Fighting: Soul Calibur IV, Guilty Gear #reaload, Meldy Blood Act Cadenza, Bushido Blade(one of my favorites)
Music games: Guitar Hero III
Turn Strategy: Valkyria chronicles, Heroes III, Advance Wars series
Action/tpp: Devil May Cry III, Tomb rider series, MGS
Visual Novel: Fate/Stay night and Tsukihime
MMO: in my opinion all MMO are boring.
Shoot em up/Tohou style: Warining Forever

Archangel
Mon, 05-11-2009, 03:24 PM
FF4 is my all time favorite FF game, and i'll always complain about how weak FF7 ended. You spend hours battling the weapon's and then you kill sephiroth in 2 hits... mmmk.

Well duh? The weapons were optional bosses...

It would be crazy to make sephiroth as hard as them, then everyone would have to completely geek out on the game to complete it ( like i did :cool: )

rockmanj
Wed, 05-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Well duh? The weapons were optional bosses...

It would be crazy to make sephiroth as hard as them, then everyone would have to completely geek out on the game to complete it ( like i did :cool: )
I did love the challenge of the weapons...and finding that perfect materia combo to beat ruby. Hahaha, now that I think about it, I literally left the game alone for like 15 minutes, and just came back, and voila~ Dead Ruby. I don't think the optional bosses in 8 were as thrilling as the ones in 7 (even though 8 is my favorite of the series).

animus
Wed, 05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Man Emerald Weapon used to give me the fucking spooks in the submarine. The music's all spooky and creepy, and the ocean's all dark and gloomy and he'd show up randomly. Good times.

Archangel
Wed, 05-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Man Emerald Weapon used to give me the fucking spooks in the submarine. The music's all spooky and creepy, and the ocean's all dark and gloomy and he'd show up randomly. Good times.

I was disappointed in how easy it went down. I should have killed it before Ruby.

I did love the challenge of the weapons...and finding that perfect materia combo to beat ruby. Hahaha, now that I think about it, I literally left the game alone for like 15 minutes, and just came back, and voila~ Dead Ruby. I don't think the optional bosses in 8 were as thrilling as the ones in 7 (even though 8 is my favorite of the series).

8 was your favorite?

...why?

itadakimasu
Wed, 05-13-2009, 09:53 PM
seriously... after 7, 8 was a let down to me. 7 was such a huge deal when it came out but i actually think I enjoyed playing it the 2nd or 3rd time around more.

Archangel
Wed, 05-13-2009, 10:45 PM
It's not like FF8 was a bad game, but compared to others it just doesn't stand out

Well in terms of story anyway, the junction system was pretty fun to mess around with