PDA

View Full Version : SK is banned AGAIN.

Turkish-S
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:02 PM
*VOTE*

Knives122
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:03 PM
nah, he's cool(or at least cool enough)and he doesnt do anything annoying so lets let him stay

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:05 PM
He doesn't do anything annoying?

rofl

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Recently he's been bitching about GW a lot. Don't think that deserves a perma ban, but all of his recent posts have been nothing but complaints about this thread or that.

Knives122
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

rofl

you mean he is annoying?

well, i've never cared to read any of his posts, so that could be a reason why i think he's not

Assassin
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:33 PM
what did he get banned for this time?

Deblas
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

rofl

you mean he is annoying?

well, i've never cared to read any of his posts, so that could be a reason why i think he's not

Go to the Announcement topics. He's been bitching in there ever since Terra started doing changes. Perma ban? I'll leave that to the admin. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:56 PM
I never planned a perma ban, but I don't know. There have been lots of complaints about him. I guess I'll let this poll decide what the community wants.

Also, I doubt SK really cares what happens... given his attitude about the place.

badass
Fri, 11-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Let's face it, nobody actually likes SK. Giving him this thread is already more than he deserves. Just leave him banned.

BioAlien
Fri, 11-04-2005, 02:25 PM
i don't care, perma ban him and he will probably just come back with a another account....

2:25
Fri, 11-04-2005, 02:25 PM
That last option is probably worst then a perma ban. By then he might have lost interest in GW or we might have forgotten him.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
i don't care, perma ban him and he will probably just come back with a another account....

He wouldn't care enough to do that. Keep in mind the reason he was banned in the first place.

aznimperialx
Fri, 11-04-2005, 03:13 PM
So why is he banned?

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-04-2005, 03:52 PM
I am also not sure why he got banned, nor have I been around long enough to say whether his history would suggest a more severe punishment than fits his current crime. Does he really deserve a perma ban? (how long is his current ban anyhow?)

Lefty
Fri, 11-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Id say give him one more chance but leave the bann till monday then warn him saying if he really screws up again or begins to complain alot he'll be perma banned. Sounds like a fair choice. SK can be annoying at times but he brings color to the forum.

Shinda
Fri, 11-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty new, but I have seen posts of him.
Okay, he complains a lot, but he also has reasonable posts. If the decision were up to me, I would at least give him a chance.

Strike Freedom
Fri, 11-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Let us all have have a moment of silence to mourn for SK (Bell tolls in the background). Well, I really believe in democracy so I'm with Terra in letting the votes decide his fate i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

aznimperialx
Fri, 11-04-2005, 08:25 PM
hmmm this is like mut being perm banned all over again

ChaosK
Fri, 11-04-2005, 08:35 PM
dont care.

mage
Fri, 11-04-2005, 09:15 PM
dont ban him

6Zabuza9
Fri, 11-04-2005, 10:15 PM
whose sk

Deblas
Fri, 11-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by: mage
dont ban him

Weird coming from the biggest racist in Gotwoot. :/

go take a bath in a tub of bleach. black people arent wanted.

would it be inappropriate if i said i hate black people?

And lets not forget your stupid locked topic.
http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...3&messageid=261121 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=16283&messageid= 261121)

Deadfire
Fri, 11-04-2005, 10:22 PM
I think we should start a thread to Ban "mage" as he is clearly more of a person that deserves a ban. Of the posts I've seen of SK I didn't really mind then...then again I haven't read many of his posts

aznimperialx
Fri, 11-04-2005, 10:39 PM
what a great idea

How about we make a Poll
BAN SK or MAGE
voters will decide who will get a perm ban

dark maginn
Fri, 11-04-2005, 10:50 PM
i dont really care

Guys, stop posting indecisive stuff like this. If you're going to post, try to express some sort of opinion on the issue, if only for the sake of staying on topic. These posts don't contribute anything to the thread and i don't wanna see any more of them.

Gotwoot Moderator

el_boss
Sat, 11-05-2005, 06:11 AM
I really haven't noticed that SK has caused so much trouble. I always took his comments as jokes.

masamuneehs
Sat, 11-05-2005, 12:17 PM
To the mods,

I believe some of the peoples indecision comes from their lack of knowledge about the exact circumstances of SK's ban. I for one haven't voted because I don't know exactly what he did/said that got him banned. And nobody has answered my question of what SK did exactly... So now we just have people making decisions based on incomplete information... If you're really making this topic into some sort of jury for SK then you'd best present the facts of the case before you can expect people to make decisions.

Originally posted by: Deadfire
I think we should start a thread to Ban "mage" as he is clearly more of a person that deserves a ban. Of the posts I've seen of SK I didn't really mind then...then again I haven't read many of his posts

YES! Oh please yes! I'm not a mod, but if I was that little piece of trash woulda been toast long ago. The vulgarity and number of his one-line, racist, obscene and irrelevant posts truly offends the senses. I got banned for a week for calling Wilik "arrogant" (in a discussion where the core subject was whether he or Mut was the biggest faggot...) and then we have people making blunt racist comments and shit posting 7 out of 10 times and nobody bats an eye? Where's the justice?

(and to clarify on advocating Mage's ban: I'm not suggesting a permaban. In my eyes he's clearly warranted some kind of punishment, but I like to give people second chances.... so maybe a two week ban would be fitting.

ChaosK
Sat, 11-05-2005, 12:39 PM
acctually masamuneehs you called him "vain"

Hakeem_21
Sat, 11-05-2005, 12:42 PM
I voted no cause he keeps the hip hop thread alive. But if he annoys you guys again ban him permantly cause three times is atleast one times too many.

Also i cant believe Mage hasnt gotten banned yet after what he wrote........

Deblas
Sat, 11-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
To the mods,

I believe some of the peoples indecision comes from their lack of knowledge about the exact circumstances of SK's ban. I for one haven't voted because I don't know exactly what he did/said that got him banned. And nobody has answered my question of what SK did exactly... So now we just have people making decisions based on incomplete information... If you're really making this topic into some sort of jury for SK then you'd best present the facts of the case before you can expect people to make decisions.

I'm pretty sure the ban was because of some of his comments in the Announcement topics.

This is the page were Terra said he tempban him:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=62&threadid=16689&STARTPAGE= 3&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear)

masamuneehs
Sat, 11-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks Deblas. I'd seen that thread but wasn't sure if that was exactly why he got banned.... Doesn't seem to be much more than just whining alot huh? Perma ban for being whiny? (can only imagine how many would've been banned if this had been instituted in the GSD section...) His past history must be the reason for people considering such harsh punishment... As for myself, no i wouldn't permaban him.

Zhan
Sat, 11-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Just perma ban him, a majority of us hate him and think hes fucking annoying anyway so why bother letting him back into gotwoot.

ChaosK
Sat, 11-05-2005, 06:17 PM
how do u guys know its perma? terra said he sent him on a vacation, vacations are temp.

As far as i am aware, SK has recieved a temp ban for shitposting in Terra's thread.

@masamuneehs: If someone is not aware of the circumstances, then they can ask instead of making posts which dont contribute to the thread. And this topic is by no means a jury for anything. If such a thing were to ever happen, the relevant poll would be made by an admin or a mod, not some random member.

Gotwoot Moderator

Turkish-S
Sun, 11-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
how do u guys know its perma? terra said he sent him on a vacation, vacations are temp.

As far as i am aware, SK has recieved a temp ban for shitposting in Terra's thread.

@masamuneehs: If someone is not aware of the circumstances, then they can ask instead of making posts which dont contribute to the thread. And this topic is by no means a jury for anything. If such a thing were to ever happen, the relevant poll would be made by an admin or a mod, not some random member.

Gotwoot Moderator

I ain't a random member i own this place bitch.
and i voted yes. Face it, SK sucks.

Adopting the same attitude as SK does not help you to prove your point, unless you're looking for a vacation too.

GotWoot Moderator

chambers
Mon, 11-07-2005, 05:22 PM
all this mod interaction is bullshit, these are msg boards, if somone wants to let the whole world know that they are unsure about something LET THEM.

mod says "@masamuneehs: If someone is not aware of the circumstances, then they can ask instead of making posts which dont contribute to the thread. And this topic is by no means a jury for anything. If such a thing were to ever happen, the relevant poll would be made by an admin or a mod, not some random member."

well perhaps you should check with what your fellow mods are openly saying on the board, regardless of your position of power (above of below terra) you should not be saying one thing while the other mod says somthing DIRECTLEY in opposition. also a few people did ask what the circumstances were, and they got no answers, perhaps your time would have been better spent helping people out instead of shitposting there posts (the very reason SK is getting a ban it seems). you moan about people being indecisive, then you moan when they vent there speen. previoulsy on this board many polls people set up required an explanation as to who/what/why you are voting the way you do; "SK sucks" is an explanation vague or not.

on a side note, no he shouldnt be banned, opinions are allowed here are they not?

also whats the deal with not being able to post (even repeatadly post) your disagreement with one thing or another, yet you are allowed to create topics with the single intent and purpose of trolling one user? (not a stab at the topic maker) there are strict biases coming from a lot of the mods on this board it seems. the sooner the revamp of the rules the better.

Assassin
Sun, 11-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by: chambers
all this mod interaction is bullshit, these are msg boards, if somone wants to let the whole world know that they are unsure about something LET THEM.

mod says "@masamuneehs: If someone is not aware of the circumstances, then they can ask instead of making posts which dont contribute to the thread. And this topic is by no means a jury for anything. If such a thing were to ever happen, the relevant poll would be made by an admin or a mod, not some random member."

well perhaps you should check with what your fellow mods are openly saying on the board, regardless of your position of power (above of below terra) you should not be saying one thing while the other mod says somthing DIRECTLEY in opposition. also a few people did ask what the circumstances were, and they got no answers, perhaps your time would have been better spent helping people out instead of shitposting there posts (the very reason SK is getting a ban it seems). you moan about people being indecisive, then you moan when they vent there speen. previoulsy on this board many polls people set up required an explanation as to who/what/why you are voting the way you do; "SK sucks" is an explanation vague or not.

on a side note, no he shouldnt be banned, opinions are allowed here are they not?

also whats the deal with not being able to post (even repeatadly post) your disagreement with one thing or another, yet you are allowed to create topics with the single intent and purpose of trolling one user? (not a stab at the topic maker) there are strict biases coming from a lot of the mods on this board it seems. the sooner the revamp of the rules the better.

1) what exactly are u referring to when you say that other mods are saying something "directly in opposition"? i dont recall seeing anything like that.

2) about the indecisiveness issue.....perhaps you missed the following post and mod-edit:

Originally posted by: dark maginn
i dont really care

Guys, stop posting indecisive stuff like this. If you're going to post, try to express some sort of opinion on the issue, if only for the sake of staying on topic. These posts don't contribute anything to the thread and i don't wanna see any more of them.

Gotwoot Moderator

while "SK sucks" may be an explanation, albiet retarded, saying 'i dont really care' certainly isn't.

As for the circumstances:

Originally posted by: Deblas
Go to the Announcement topics. He's been bitching in there ever since Terra started doing changes. Perma ban? I'll leave that to the admin.

There's your answer. Now if you or any other member here is too lazy to look for themselves, then its your own fault, not anyone elses.

3)

also whats the deal with not being able to post (even repeatadly post) your disagreement with one thing or another

The deal is that its rude and disrespectful to the member who you are disagreeing with (in this case, Terra). Evryone is allowed to post thier disagreements, hell they can even be bitchy about it, but doing it over and over again like a complete retard isn't something that most people like. And in the case of SK, he has been previously warned MANY times over the past year about the same kind of bullshit.

So stop bitching about the rules that have been clearly stated just because you feel the need to 'fight the power'.

ps: just so you dont get you panites in a knot, im simply expressing my disagreement with your opinions.