PDA

View Full Version : Saw one and two

el_boss
Thu, 11-03-2005, 06:55 PM
I liked both of these movies alot and I recommend them for everyone. They have a similar atmosphere as "Seven", wich also is one of my favourite movies. They have alot of twists and turns in the plot wich keeps you guessing all the time and it leaves you with a distinc "what the fuck" feeling. I wouldn't say that it is a "scary" movie in the scence that it doesn't have alot of "bloody" scenes and such. It concetrates more on messing with your head, with sick situations and scenarios.

If anyone else has seen the movie it would be great to discuss it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so I won't say anymore for now.

Xollence
Thu, 11-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Saw was a great movie, I haven't seen the second one yet, but I liked Seven a lot better. I knew who the killer was from the beginning because everyone kept on saying it's the person you least expect.

Raven
Thu, 11-03-2005, 07:59 PM
I thought Saw was good considering it was low budget, but it was entirely predictable imo. Nothing really happened that I didn't see coming a mile off. And that 'Robin Hood: Men in Tights' guy should stick to comedy, he can't act in a horror/drama sense.

darkmetal505
Thu, 11-03-2005, 09:45 PM
uh its not as "scary" as the first one but definatley more gory

dark maginn
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:26 PM
saw is a great movie havent seen two yet

mage
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:53 PM
good movies i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

TheNineTails
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:58 PM
havent seen saw two but gana download it soon...

Lefty
Fri, 11-04-2005, 01:14 AM
One was a nice breath of fresh air to the horor genera. Two expands on the original. Definatly good movie ot see.

ChiaCheese
Fri, 11-04-2005, 04:08 AM
i haven't seen the 2nd one but the first was a piece of shit. it's just so stupid and predictable i left feeling angry. i mean it's not High Tension stupid, but it's stupid enough and lacked any sort of redeeming value that would make it a fun stupid movie. How hard is it to just make a plain scary movie? why do american horror film makers always have to resort to some lame twist that leaves a bad taste in your mouth and is just plain insulting to the audience?

el_boss
Fri, 11-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by: ChiaCheese
i haven't seen the 2nd one but the first was a piece of shit. it's just so stupid and predictable i left feeling angry. i mean it's not High Tension stupid, but it's stupid enough and lacked any sort of redeeming value that would make it a fun stupid movie. How hard is it to just make a plain scary movie? why do american horror film makers always have to resort to some lame twist that leaves a bad taste in your mouth and is just plain insulting to the audience?

Mayby that's because normal horror movies suck, they're all ecactly the same unless they put a twist on it. Are you saying that you think that Scream is better than this? I didn't think of Saw as a horror movie, I tought of it more as a detective/thriller thing.

Also I have a hard time believing everyone that are saying that they knew exactly every little detail of the plot before it happened. The big thing wasn't who the murderer was, it's more the situation that was surprising.

ChiaCheese
Mon, 11-07-2005, 03:46 AM
whoa, who said anything about scream? let's keep the insults to a minimum. As for Saw, i wouldn't say every little detail were predictable, but the situations were. also, your argument about normal horror movies can just as easily apply to nearly every single modern horror movie. They suck because they're all the same because they have a twist ending. Though that's not what I'm saying. i don't think that they're all bad, it's just when the twist is done poorly and/or is totally unneccesary like in high tension and saw, it's irritating. a movie doesn't need a twist to be scary, i would prefer a solid story with believable characters and some good scares to a twist any day.

Strike Freedom
Mon, 11-07-2005, 09:43 AM
I have to agree with Chia, and it isn't to insult anyone or what not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I did not like Saw 1 nor will I watch 2. I just was not scared at all, hardly any movie can scare me. One thing the movie was for sure, it was gory. Other than that, it was mostly two guys just talking inside a closed room, listening to some psycho. I was disappointed by it as I had high expectations to be scared. So if anyone knows of a real good scary movie, tell me. Thanks.

el_boss
Mon, 11-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by: Strike Freedom
I have to agree with Chia, and it isn't to insult anyone or what not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I did not like Saw 1 nor will I watch 2. I just was not scared at all, hardly any movie can scare me. One thing the movie was for sure, it was gory. Other than that, it was mostly two guys just talking inside a closed room, listening to some psycho. I was disappointed by it as I had high expectations to be scared. So if anyone knows of a real good scary movie, tell me. Thanks.

I don't get scared by movies either, but I still can enjoy these kinds of movies. I recently saw "the amityville horror" and I recommend it, it was much better than I expected.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Sorry guys, "scary" movies that actually have the ability to "scare" you are not made anymore, so I think it's time to wave good-bye to that.

That said, I think Saw is a totally cool movie that, while not scaring me, did make me just a little uneasy, and I think its plot for both 1 and 2 are cool. I watched the sequel twice, they're great movies, just don't expect to be literally scared. Remember, movies don't have that ability anymore.

Board of Command
Mon, 11-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Saw 2 is awesome. I don't really think the Saw movies are "horrors".

Strike Freedom
Mon, 11-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Alrighty, I'll give it a shot, perhaps two will shed a different opinion and give a better perspective to part 1. I'm surprised too, usually sequels suck.

El_Boss, I'll check that movie out: Amityville Horror. Ojala que sea buena (hope it is good).

el_boss
Mon, 11-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Saw 2 is awesome. I don't really think the Saw movies are "horrors".

I agree, they have more in common with movies such as "The Usual Suspects" and "Fight Club" Don't know really why I tough of these movies, but somhow you get the same feeling when the underlying plot is revealed.

Mite Gai
Mon, 11-07-2005, 10:49 PM
They are okay though I am not a fan of horror movies or whatever category the saw series falls into (heard they were making 3 or 5 more) so my opinion may be biased. Though the Saw series is not scary just gory.

ChiaCheese
Mon, 11-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Even the gore factor of Saw is a bit tame. But then I went in already familiar with movies like Zombi2, the Guinea Pig series and the films of Takashi Miike. Though i do hear that the 2nd is gorier than the first.
Hey, does anybody remember this cringe inducing scene?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/chiacheese/eye.gif

Krbadass
Fri, 11-11-2005, 10:30 PM
I thought saw and saw2 weren't very predictabe, at least to me and my friends. I liked them both.

aznimperialx
Thu, 11-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I might be watching this soon, but is it like a follow up of SAW I? Because i never saw the first one before and i was wondering will i get confuse when i see SAW 2

el_boss
Fri, 11-18-2005, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
I might be watching this soon, but is it like a follow up of SAW I? Because i never saw the first one before and i was wondering will i get confuse when i see SAW 2

Yes, Saw 2 is a follow up on Saw 1. I'm not sure if it will have alot of impact if you see 2 without having seen 1, it might even be more enjoyable.