PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Movie 7

Munsu
Thu, 11-03-2005, 01:48 AM
A couple of days ago, ANN announced trailers for Movie 7.

They can be found here if interested:
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/mov...ece/trailer/index.html (http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/movie/2006_onepiece/trailer/index.html)

Raven
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Looks interesting. You can really see the artwork and animation improve as the series goes on.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-03-2005, 01:33 PM
I think it has more to do with them spending alot more money on the artwork and animation for movies.

Raven
Thu, 11-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif It's still nice though.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 11-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Looks good. I hope it is though.

Rik
Thu, 11-03-2005, 08:06 PM
I am looking foward to this. Lets hope it does not suck like some other anime movies.

Deblas
Thu, 11-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Luffy and the strawhats fighting Mechas sound so freakin cool!! And the art seemed to have change back to how it was originally. I'll really be anticipating this movie.

mu545h1
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:35 PM
damn that looks awsome i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif hmm still I think it has more to do with them spending alot more money on the artwork and animation for movies.

Jadugar
Sun, 08-06-2006, 06:31 PM
ADC will be putting out Movie 7 very soon.

Movie 7 early next week

Who is excited?

P.S The old movie trailer doesnt work. Can someone put a new link.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 08-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Sweet, thanks for the info! This movie looks awesome.

Lucifus
Tue, 08-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Hellz ya, didn't even realise Movie 7 was close to release. Thanks for the info man. Also requesting a link to the trailer, havn't seen it yet.:cool:

Aoi Pain
Fri, 08-18-2006, 01:36 PM
http://adc.fansub-torrents.com/%5BADC-Elites%5D_One_Piece_Movie_07_%5B5FDEF932%5D.avi.to rrent

good story line but the fights sort of sucked. g2 lasted about 15 sec. all and all I give it a 6 for effort.

Nyberg
Sun, 08-20-2006, 11:27 AM
yatta!!, OP movie 7 :D (thx for the link)

Aeon
Sun, 08-20-2006, 12:10 PM
I just finished watching it and have to say it was the worst of the movies though it was cool seeing how Luffy learned the power portion of Gear 2. The movie pretty much seemed like nothing but Nami and Robin fanservice though seeing Nami dressed as Lara Craft was cool.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 08-20-2006, 12:14 PM
I agree, overall it was pretty boring. Not much action.

Best part: bouncing boobies...with sound effects!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Haha, yes, breast physics + 2nd Gear origins = only thing worthwhile in this movie. Even had the crappy Chopper voice. Was pretty boring, and the art was just awful throughout the whole thing.

Overall, the movie was more funny than it was interesting.

Deblas
Sun, 08-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I hope you guys know that the origin of Gear 2 that the movie shows is not real. Movies/fillers/specials have nothing to do with the main plot of One Piece. They are made by Toei and not by Oda therefore the official origin of Gear is yet to be explained.

pandacon
Mon, 08-21-2006, 02:14 AM
I see One Piece as a adventure/fighting anime, this movie seems more focused on the adventure side. I liked this movie, well animated, and lots of fanservice and some cool action. Not my favorite, but by far the worst (movie 1 and 3 being closer to that, though I still like them). It was fun.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-21-2006, 10:59 AM
I hope you guys know that the origin of Gear 2 that the movie shows is not real. Movies/fillers/specials have nothing to do with the main plot of One Piece. They are made by Toei and not by Oda therefore the official origin of Gear is yet to be explained.Well yes obviously. Though, I don't think they would have done it if Oda intended to explain where Luffy learned it later. Or if he had planned to show it, he probably won't bother now.

Also, it doesn't really explain WHY it happens. Apparently, when Luffy's legs get compressed, he gets a burst of strength. But how come? What does compressing legs have to do with power? It's not been explained.

Anyway, Luffy learned to do it sometime between facing Aoi, and getting to Enies Lobby, and Oda didn't show it. So unless Oda planned to flashback to a scene like this, he probably wasn't gonna bother.

Aeon
Mon, 08-21-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't think Oda even bothers to explain where the Characters move list comes from except for when Nami first got her Clima tact. I'm still waiting for an explanation on why Zoro can shoot a laser from his sword and that happened in Skypeia.

Deblas
Mon, 08-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Well yes obviously. Though, I don't think they would have done it if Oda intended to explain where Luffy learned it later. Or if he had planned to show it, he probably won't bother now.

Ohh really? I remember a similar scene in a crappy filler arc where Zoro was able to cut steel. Thing was that we later found out that he was unable to do it until the Lion Song in Alabasta. So Toei really doesn't consult Oda in any of this nor does Oda leave it to them to explain some parts of his manga.

Also, it doesn't really explain WHY it happens. Apparently, when Luffy's legs get compressed, he gets a burst of strength. But how come? What does compressing legs have to do with power? It's not been explained.

Anyway, Luffy learned to do it sometime between facing Aoi, and getting to Enies Lobby, and Oda didn't show it. So unless Oda planned to flashback to a scene like this, he probably wasn't gonna bother.

Exactly. Luffy decided to become stronger and learn Gear when he lost to Ao Kiji. Luffy was unconcious for about 3 days or more and then they headed off to Water Seven. The time that it took from the face off against Ao Kiji and sailing to Water Seven is at most a week so I'm pretty sure that the current setting and the time gap is not wide enough for them to do a detour and head to a Mecha Island. It makes no sense.

Though, the origin of Gear is clear. Luffy learned it to protect his crewmates after he fought Ao Kiji, not from an accident where he was fighting a mechanical genius. A flashback of him training or developing it is not really needed unless Oda decides to. But an explanation to how it works is which I'm sure in due time Oda will explain it.

LaZie
Mon, 08-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I think the laser is more of a shockwave.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Either way, of all the things for the sword to shoot, it makes about the least sense possible. You would expect maybe a slicing wind, or at best, a blade of energy. But no, its a beam that comes out of the tip...it just doesn't make any sense. Why isn't it a slash?

.noname.silent
Tue, 08-22-2006, 11:17 AM
maybe that was a blade of energy in a different form. who cares.

edit - i mean come on, if you dont have any quarrels about a sword that cuts steel then why bother about the energy? have you in real life seen any sword that cuts steel?

ChaosK
Sun, 09-03-2006, 04:31 PM

The legs were used like a spring and when you compress molecules they become more active, for Luffy, it was pretty much like the pressure from his legs flowed through to his arms in order to create a more powerful blast, something that can probably only happen if you happen to be made of rubber.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Pfft, I'll take that bet.

I'm off to go compress my legs in a vice, I'll let you know how it turns out.