PDA

View Full Version : Show Your Pumpkins

woofcat
Sun, 10-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Show off your Pumpkins in here.
Here is my horrible attempt at a Kakashi Pumpkin.
http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/2456/10057677vy.th.jpg
Pic1 (http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/2456/10057677vy.jpg)
http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/3725/10057661kz.th.jpg
Pic2 (http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/3725/10057661kz.jpg)

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-30-2005, 05:59 PM
haha, wow, that's not bad woofcat. If I had pumpkins or carving stuff I'd do something like that too.

Edit @Terra: No, no you were not.

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-30-2005, 06:00 PM
So am I the only one who expected this thread to be related to sex?

woofcat
Sun, 10-30-2005, 06:03 PM
I hope so. You know Halloween, pumpkins, It makes sense to me. Also thanks XanBcoo.

PSJ
Sun, 10-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

That's the first thing i thought of to. Maybe because Halloween isn't all that popular in Sweden.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 10-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Come on woofcat don't deny that you made that the thread title for a reason.

Cool pumpkin.

basey44
Sun, 10-30-2005, 09:44 PM

aww i wanted boobs

ChaosK
Sun, 10-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by: basey44

aww i wanted boobs

tch. boring pumpkins, i clicked a link for nothing i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 10-31-2005, 01:23 AM
Is that kakashi? Nice! Pumpkin carving is a lot of hard work, so a lot of people probably aren't going to do it. Like me for instance.

@ PSJ: Why's halloween not popular in sweden? If Terra is any indication, you guys love to dress up. Here's an idea, all you Swedes meet up, dressed up like girls (should be easy for you guys), come up with fake numbers, and see how many guys you can get to ask for your fake phone numbers. Post the results on gotwoot. The winner will be crowned Mr. Ms. Gotwoot!

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-31-2005, 03:40 AM
The whole trick & treating phenomenon isn't very prominent in Sweden for some reason. It exists, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who plays around with pumpkins and all that other stuff.

basey44
Mon, 10-31-2005, 07:34 AM
The whole trick & treating phenomenon isn't very prominent in Sweden for some reason. It exists, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who plays around with pumpkins and all that other stuff.

its the same here, i opened the door today and had a bunch of kids say trick or treat, after looking at them funny for a minute i went back inside and looked for some chocolate, they ended up getting 1 fun size snickers bar each. there was one other group that came trick or treating later on, but i pretended no one was home i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Mon, 10-31-2005, 08:59 AM
If kids were to trick or treat at my house i would just dare them to trick, see if they had the guts to do something. I don't like the door knocking asking for candy, ask your fucking parents to buy you some candy if you wan't it that bad.

el_boss
Mon, 10-31-2005, 01:37 PM
Even tough we don't have "trick and/or treat" in sweden we have a similiar thing at easter. It's called pink-thursday (skartorsdag) and the kids dress op as easter-witches and easter-geezers. They go door to door and say "happy easter" and give out pictures they have drawn, and then you give them some candy. But I always pretend I'm not at home, because all the candy are belong to me.

Shinda
Mon, 10-31-2005, 03:01 PM
We don't have halloween. we've got a sorta halloween on november 11th, all these kids knocking on your door and singing songs and you're supposed to give 'em candy, fruit, toys or money.
but october 31st is always a good reason to throw a alcoholic party i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif but they did make pumpkins, just didn't take a picture of them

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-31-2005, 04:08 PM
Once when a kid went trick or treating to my house, I opened the door and yelled "FUCKING TRICK!" and closed it. No kids have come here on halloween since.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss
Even tough we don't have "trick and/or treat" in sweden we have a similiar thing at easter. It's called pink-thursday (skartorsdag) and the kids dress op as easter-witches and easter-geezers. They go door to door and say "happy easter" and give out pictures they have drawn, and then you give them some candy. But I always pretend I'm not at home, because all the candy are belong to me.

That has less to do with Easter than the fucking Easter Bunny.

I'd go trick-or-treating, but no one would play along.

PSJ
Mon, 10-31-2005, 05:10 PM
Once when a kid went trick or treating to my house, I opened the door and yelled "FUCKING TRICK!" and closed it. No kids have come here on halloween since.

Priceless! Were you in your "gear" at the time?

@XanBcoo:

Not really, it's a swedish legend of sorts. On the Pink Thursday all the witches flew their brooms to an island called Blue Hill. The easter kind of trick and treating comes from that.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
And the Easter Bunny is an egg laying rabbit that leaves chocolates for little kids on Easter morning. Both still have very little to do with what Easter is really about as far as I can see.

PSJ
Mon, 10-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Yea but what does Santa Claus have to do with Christmas?

Shuurai
Mon, 10-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Kids came to my door earlier and said "Trick or Treat". I responded with "Trick" and they just stared at me for 30 seconds and walked away, More sweets for me ^_^.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Something about St. Nicholas - a real guy. There's a relevant history behind it (and might even be one for the Easter Bunny and Pink Thursday too), but it escapes me now. ~_~

2:25
Mon, 10-31-2005, 07:14 PM
And I thought holidays are just some sort of excuse to spoil ourselves.

PSJ
Mon, 10-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo

Something about St. Nicholas - a real guy. There's a relevant history behind it (and might even be one for the Easter Bunny and Pink Thursday too), but it escapes me now. ~_~

Yea but what did he have to do with the birth of Christ?

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 10-31-2005, 07:50 PM
The birth of who?

PSJ
Mon, 10-31-2005, 08:03 PM
That guy who claimed to be the son of someone named God.

aznroyale
Mon, 10-31-2005, 08:15 PM
where are the pumpkins?

PSJ
Mon, 10-31-2005, 08:18 PM
No one makes pumpkins exept woofcat so this thread was deemed a failure from the start.

aznroyale
Mon, 10-31-2005, 08:21 PM
he might be into Halloween too much

PSJ
Mon, 10-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Probably. Either that or he got too much time on his hands, if it was me i would use that time to sleep.

el_boss
Tue, 11-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Easter and christmas were initially the dates of big pagan celebration days, that is why they have alot of wierd customs that don't have anything to do with christianity. This is because when the emperor Constantine made the roman empire christian he incorporated alot of pagan stuff. My guess is that the bunnies have something to do with fertility and such. Santa Clause was created by the Coca Cola company as a mascot, but I think it was based on some russian guy who gave presents to poor children.

XanBcoo
Tue, 11-01-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm going with el_boss' explanation. I've heard a lot of that before - like the Coca Cola thing. Apparently that's why Santa wears red...

Edit: found some interesting info:

In ancient times the rabbit was a symbol of fertility, equated with springtime and renewal of life, and the hare was also associated with the moon, whose cycles determine the precise date of Easter each year. Over time these traditions presumably merged with the annual celebration of Easter itself, and now the Bunny is associated with Easter in much the same way that Santa Claus is the secular symbol of Christmas.
The chocolate egg thing comes from the idea of German Protestants going against the Catholic practice of fasting during Lent.

Anyways, back to Halloween and Pumpkins! Wait...it's over...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Assassin
Wed, 11-02-2005, 12:59 AM
While we're on the topic of stupid halloween sotries.....like 3 years back, my friend and i decided to go trick or treating. Now you have to undertand, we were like 18 at the time, and it was just spur of the moment. He just called me up, asked my what i was doing, and suggested we go get some free candy. Being the lazy fucks we are (and also it was like 5pm), we just went to the mall, to a fabric store, and got a piece of black cloth for like 2 dollars. we cut it diagonally and wore it like a mask. that was our entire costume.

we got several comments like 'aren't you guys a little old for this' and 'what are you two supposed to be'. We kept telling people we were either bandits or terrorists, and that you wre never too old for halloween, at which point there would be several seconds of akward silence. After that, people would just give us the candy so we would go away. We also debated threatining little kids to give us thier candy, but decided we didn't want any angry parents, or neighbours yelling at us.

all in all, it was a good nite, and i ended up with more candy then my little sister.

Zinobi
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:40 PM
lol terra thats fucking awesome, i live in the states but no one comes here i live like 2 miles out of town

Board of Command
Thu, 11-03-2005, 11:06 PM
My gourd (not a pumpkin) won the school pumpkin decorating contest. You can see why...

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5756/gourd2zw.jpg

aznroyale
Thu, 11-03-2005, 11:09 PM
lols a gourd...somewhat looks like a pumpkin

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-03-2005, 11:42 PM
lol BOC, that's awesome. I guess woofcat isn't the only member talented at decorating vegetables.

Honoko
Thu, 11-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo

there actually is relevant history to st. nick-- i think he was a guy back in the day who went out of his way to help poor children living in the streets who didn't have parents by providing basic needs for them. after he died and got eventually canonized, that whole christmas tradition of selfless giving emerged partly to imitate that goodness. which, centuries later, evolved into a mindless movement of mass-consumerism that is christmas today =P

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-04-2005, 03:40 AM
That's all well and good, and thanks a lot for the info, but PSJ is right. It has nothing to do with Jesus' birth. That was my point earlier on about the Easter Bunny. I guess a lot of secular traditions and practices are just integrated with Catholic historical events for some reason, but still don't completely relate to them.