PDA

View Full Version : Question about Hunter X Hunter..

ES
Fri, 10-28-2005, 05:09 AM
Just a question...

Is the G I Final the last OVA series about the anime? I just pulled an all nighter watching the entire anime and the plot holes were left. I am curious if the remaining parts of the story were only left for manga.

Thanks for checking this thread i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Fri, 10-28-2005, 07:25 AM
At the moment yes, but hopefully once the currect arc finishes it will be animated...

Next time, notice where you are posting, and do a search in the forum for Hunter X Hunter, plenty of threads out there..

Kraco
Fri, 10-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
At the moment yes, but hopefully once the currect arc finishes it will be animated...

Is it just hopefully, or have there been any official, or even semi-official (like some mention in an interview) announcements?

Munsu
Fri, 10-28-2005, 08:06 AM
I haven't heard or read anything making it "semi-official".... Just alot of people hoping...

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-28-2005, 10:52 AM
so the current arc picks up exactly where the "final" ova left off?

ES
Fri, 10-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Thank you for the warm reply, sorry for not searching for some threads. I am a bit unsatisfied with how it ended though. Also I noticed something about Gon...is it just me or he resembled naruto a bit? Stubborness and the voice?!

o_O

Anyways, thanks again for the reply. God bless i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Fri, 10-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Same voice... aside from that, two completely different characters...

Stubborness is a lousy characteristic to use in a comparison... 99% of all anime main characters are stubborn...

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-28-2005, 11:05 AM
no no NO NO NO!!!!!! Sure Gon is stubborn, but he's not stupid. HUGE difference between him and Naruto. My favorite example is when Gon was a prisoner of the spiders, and one of them was like "you move one more inch and I'll break your neck". Gon is like "Hah! you can't!!!!" So the spider guy is like "oh? why the hell not?" So Gon goes "because I'll never move from here!!" :-). So incredibly cute. If it had been Naruto, he woul'dve said "BECAUSE I'LL KICK YOUR ASS DATTEBAYO!!!" And then, even though there is no reason to believe Naruto could pull this off, he would then proceed to giving the guy a sound ass kicking, and probably causing him to see the error of his previous way and declare Naruto his lord and savior...and lover. Gon and Naruto are NOT the same.

Edit: I forgot to mention, fighting wise, gon is a genius. He has talent coming out his ass. Unlike Naruto, who has no talent, but was given god powers.

PSJ
Fri, 10-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Gon is not smart. He can fight but he isn't smart.

The greatest character in HxH is easily Hisoka, he is completly insane and looks like a joker or something and then he turns out to be a bish manipulating everyone and everything.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 10-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Gon isnt smart but he fights very tactical and clever for a kid so unlike Naruto who just runs in every fight.

Hisoka is i think the best evil/crazy guy i have seen in a manga,He is so rare in mangas.

Moved to General Anime.

GotWoot Moderator

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 10-29-2005, 12:46 AM
Yeah, that's what I said. He's a genius at FIGHTING. Said nothing about intelligence otherwise.

ES
Sat, 10-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
Gon isnt smart but he fights very tactical and clever for a kid so unlike Naruto who just runs in every fight.

Well he has Killua and Kurapica to name a few. Perhaps his only flaw is his stubbornes, though he can be selfish sometimes. As for one of greatest characters there, one of my choice is Kuroro. He has cunning, a great sense logic, and just plain ruthless.

Remember the indoor fishes...

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 10-29-2005, 09:07 AM
There's not a character in this anime that I don't like. I'd have to agree though that Hisoka is my favorite character. He love to fight for the sake of fighting, he's hillarious, and he's a little gay....that unsettling feeling it give you just makes him more interesting. Every character though has something to bring to the table, those that don't, don't get much screen time :-).

Hakeem_21
Sat, 10-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by: ES

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

Well he has Killua and Kurapica to name a few. Perhaps his only flaw is his stubbornes, though he can be selfish sometimes. As for one of greatest characters there, one of my choice is Kuroro. He has cunning, a great sense logic, and just plain ruthless.

Remember the indoor fishes...

You mean he has them to fight with?

I

Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:43 AM
hey guys I just downloaded the a-k (anime - kissatten i think) version from boxtorrents

The video and audio quality isn't that good... do you know what subbed versions are out there and which are the best?

Thanks

EDIT: I'm only watching the TV version right now so when I hit the OVAs, which one should I watch?

Munsu
Tue, 02-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Here are some DVD versions from Anime-Kissaten

http://animesuki.com/series.php/176.html

As far as I know, they did the best releases, but from what I remember from when I watched the TV, the video quality and audio were not that great, but it was fine... It should get better as the episodes progress...

If not just bear with it, once you get to the OVAs the qualty improves exponentially...