PDA

View Full Version : Magna Carta:Tears of Blood

Aeon
Thu, 10-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Magna Carta is finally being released here on Nov 8. It's being produced by Atlus so don't expect many copies of it(Think Disgaea). I've wanted to play it since I first seen the artwork for it and I'm guessing others have also since posts in the anime section were poping up about it. It's being released as a special edition with a artbook, poster and mini strat guide of 100pages total for 54.99.

Link To Trailer and Gameplay Page (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/magnacarta/media.html)

Koyuki
Thu, 10-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Hell yeah I'm getting this. Been waiting for it.

BioAlien
Fri, 10-28-2005, 05:00 AM
erf why they never make game like thats for PC! too bad i don't have a ps2...

dark maginn
Fri, 10-28-2005, 01:07 PM
yup im gonna get it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Paulyboy
Sat, 10-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Game is going to be sweet! You can tell the battle system is just a little only a little like the Legend of Dragoon system. Graphics are like a Final Fantasy 10/11 ish. But a little better, and the fighting cinematics is great.

mage
Sat, 10-29-2005, 11:21 AM
all the girls in the game are scantily clad with big tits. looks like a piece of trash to me.

Aeon
Sat, 10-29-2005, 05:28 PM
If anybody wants cool wallpaper from this game its on the official site (http://www.magnacarta.jp) under extra then the first option.

NM
Sun, 10-30-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm getting this game as soon as it comes out. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif From all the artwork that I've seen, it is without a doubt, the best that laid my eyes on.

dark maginn
Mon, 10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
ya the artwork is good i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

RedX1z
Wed, 11-02-2005, 08:04 PM
i hope it isn't going to be like the pc game in korea. it had a lot of glitches and people were complaining, so i'm not too sure about this game. have to admit though, nice art..

Aeon
Sat, 12-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Don't think anything I say is a spoiler but can't be too sure.

I need to bump this thread up so I can talk about my latest addictioni/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. The battle system took me a little while to get used to since I didn't pay attention when Calintz was explaining it to Azel. I have standard mode down packed now but I can't use counter and combo mode to save my life(I died against 1 of the 4 warriors trying to use them). I double saved before a boss fight so I can go back and just use the fight to get those modes down. The loading times are a little long but I'm used to them by now. All of the characters are great so far except for Chris, for some reason I just don't like using him in battle, other then that all of the characters have interesting back stories. Speaking of stories, up to where I'm at(30hrs) the story has been top notch, there seems to be a sub plot going on within the Yason and I suspect one going down inside the alliance. Even Calintz flashbacks are interesting I find myself happy when ever I see the screen turn gray and see him as a kid. One last thing I officially hate Sdei, if you've reached the part I have then you know why.

Aclypze
Sat, 12-03-2005, 09:56 PM
I would like this game alot better if the battles had a faster pace. I dislike how after someone attacks, a lil glow thing happens then the person/monster does it's moves and everything pauses until the attack is finished. Takes up too much time. Besides the loading time, everything else I love.

NM
Sun, 12-04-2005, 01:27 AM
This game is a pretty good RPG and well worth it for the artbook and poster that it comes with (Hyung-Tae Kim is really amazing). My only complaints with the game are: (1) Voice acting and (2) EXTREMELY linear. The voice actors, while I've gotten used to them now, I just don't feel like their well suited for their characters. I do like Azel's VA though, he fits fine because of Azel's personality, his VA gives him that "I wanna be just like Calintz!" feeling. Calintz's voice is my least favorite.

And then my other problem with the game is how its too linear. In a way its like FFX except in FFX, you can actually backtrack to other areas instead of continuing forward. I missed one of the items for the blacksmith in Lester and now I can't even accept other missions from blacksmiths so I've been pretty much screwed on that. =/

But the rest of the game is great. I like the battle system, music fits every environment (so far, my favorite is the Lightning Ruins music), and the FMV graphics are outstanding.

Aeon
Sun, 12-04-2005, 08:18 AM
The quest thing has happened to a lot of people, I've only ever taken one quest luckly I was able to get the items and return, now I just don't accept quests till I have the items needed for it then hit accept and it auto completes only draw back is that I don't get the something extra for already having the items.

I'm actually liking Calintz voice, makes him sound like a leader. I like his, Harun and Lehas the best. Lehas voice really makes her sound like a ice queen. Was I the only one that found the scene where Reith meets the Tears of Blood funny.

Reith-Hi I'm Reith
Harun-........
Reith-Hi I'm Reith

Dunno why it just made me laugh. About how far are you guys into the game? Also Naruto Master did you check out http://www.hyung-taekim.org/, I'm hoping the two other games he worked on come over seas.

NM
Sun, 12-04-2005, 12:43 PM
The links not working Aeon, i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

That scene was pretty funny to, seeing as how Reith is totally clueless as to whats going on in the world. And I like how Calintz and Reith are totally opposite yet the both of them seem to falling for each other. You've got Calintz, who really desires the Yason to be destroyed, and then theres Reith, who doesn't want to fight them. The story in this game is starting to get golden.

Right now, I'm stuck on the Dragon that you have to fight when you find Reith. That things close range combo can even kill Calintz in one blow, and he's level 19 for me! I'm starting to think I should've gave the scroll (I think its called Ten' Sho? Its the scroll that'll give Calintz or Azel a second style, and their combo for it is Swallow Slash) to Calintz instead of Azel since it has alot of defense blocks. By the way, has anyone ever tried the Counter yet? I only keep myself to the regular and combo, counter is just all luck.

And Aeon, since your farther than me, I've got a question. Do Chris and Eonis ever get a Combo or Counter on their first styles? For me, they mastered their first styles but I haven't gotten either of the two on their styles. I know Calintz, Azel, and Haren get it. I forget if my Reith had it since she's been out of the party for so long.

Aeon
Sun, 12-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Sorry I messed up the link, its http://hyung-taekim.org/index.php. I give every sword scroll to Calintz since I like him the best, you can always redo the dojo if you have the cash and get an extra scroll for Azel, benefit is that you can use the trainers to test out your new skill and use them to master it. That style is my favorite so far, I havent seen the combo for it since I suck at combo mode but I did do my first combo earlier i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Trick to counter mode is that the enemy only uses 2types of chi like you do, if you look at the chi levels during the fight when they attack the chi they are using flashes and drains, once you know they attack just hit the right buttons. Even knowing this I suck at it worse then combo mode, the trinity ring just seems extra fast. Sherbid posted the combinations if you wanna try
Air (A) --> XOO
Earth (E) --> XXX

Ice (I) --> OOX
Lightning (L) --> OXX

Water (W) --> XOX
Fire (F) --> OXO

Mountain (M) --> XXO
Celestial (H) --> OOO

Neither Eonis or Chris get one of those modes.

Terracosmo
Sun, 12-04-2005, 02:26 PM
The reviews are pretty bad, the game doesn't look that interesting, and the art is extremely overrated. I'm not convinced. I might rent it sometime though...

Aeon
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Terra I never took you for the type of person that went on reviews, but it's def worth a rental to see if you like it since I think people will either love it or hate it.