PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Panic Facts Database

Munsu
Thu, 10-27-2005, 06:20 AM
Just making this thread for all you know-it-all to answer some question some of the people here may have, especially since I have a couple myself (which are probably answered in some of the threads here, but it's a pain in the ass looking for them):

Right now we have 3 animated series, can anyone tell me which series are based off a manga or a novel? Which are anime original? If they are based off a manga or novel, please give me the title of the one they are based off.

Also, as up to this point in the anime... has there been any big plot or character omission from the manga or novels? (This question is for all three series)

Thanks

yallo
Mon, 10-31-2005, 09:14 AM
The first Full Metal Panic series is based off a novel entitled "Tatakau Boy Meets Girl".
Uhh, I guess a loose translation of 'tatakau' would be fighting......

TSR is based off another novel entitled "Owaru Day By Day" which has 2 volumes to it. (Owaru = End / Ending)
However, I believe this novel only starts after the horrible ambush that Mithril suffered due to the Blueno(?) betraying them.
First scene in Day By Day is Sousuke dismantling the sensei's car. ^^
The stuff before that would probably be covered in the other 2 novels that came in between Boy Meets Girl & Day By Day.
These are entitled "Hashiru One Night Stand" and "Yureru Into The Blue" respectively.
(Hashiru = Run & Yureru = Sway?)
Not sure how much of the stuff in those 2 novels have actually been animated.

Fumoffu is probably based on the short story collections, but I'm not positive about that.
There are like uh 9 short story collections... could be from any of those. =|

Darknodin
Tue, 11-01-2005, 08:36 PM
uh... there is this much material for FMP???? are the novels popular? and... how many are there?