PDA

View Full Version : Episode 157 Discussion

BioAlien
Thu, 10-27-2005, 02:19 AM
finally its over with raiga! this episode was rather good... Naruto made 2 new technique, Lee is drunk.. neji is out... and ten ten do nothing... oh and poor lee, neji and naruto took him away from the curry at the end of this episode

Kagari
Thu, 10-27-2005, 03:35 AM
lets take a vote:

Will next arc be (A) Better or (B) worse?

It's hard to imagine it being worse...however at the rate they've been going...

anyways, more curry, more ruining of once-cool naruto moments, and more out of character vingettes. I cant believe they want us to believe that fat fish man once rolled with Kisame and Zabuza. pfft.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-27-2005, 04:03 AM
I...loved...this...episode.

1. It was funny as hell. Neji's curry poisoning was the best!
2. There were like 4 new jutsu in it. And one of them might not have sucked!
3. The arc didn't end with a Rasengan! Oh SNAP! Hell, it ended with a total fucking disintegration! Who didn't want to see Raiga disintegrated? Nobody that's who!

But then my soul died, for the next arc is....a Konohamaru team arc.

But still, I actually liked this episode. It was stupid, but funny stupid, so I liked it.

BioAlien
Thu, 10-27-2005, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by: Kagari
lets take a vote:

Will next arc be (A) Better or (B) worse?

It's hard to imagine it being worse...however at the rate they've been going...

anyways, more curry, more ruining of once-cool naruto moments, and more out of character vingettes. I cant believe they want us to believe that fat fish man once rolled with Kisame and Zabuza. pfft.

i have added a poll, lol so it will be easier to vote ^^

2. There were like 4 new jutsu in it. And one of them might not have sucked!
the one thats didn't sucked was the move Raiga did (a tornado made with lightning?!)

V
Thu, 10-27-2005, 04:33 AM
I think they're setting us up for when the show returns to normal. Make it suck so hard, that when it goes back to normal, we'll think it's way better than it really is. The ratings go up and all that.

About this ep. totally unrealistic. I don't think lighting can do that. I'm talking about it sucking that bad.

All I know is that the next arc will make me hate characters I used to like. Maybe that's the real reason Sasuke is gone.

Kensee
Thu, 10-27-2005, 04:55 AM
I took, and I kid you not, 73 screenshots during this episode. I was like wow, this, for a filler, is pretty good. Good kinda old schoolness but with idiotic antics which actually did make me laugh (check neji's reactions to eatting the curry =P.

I know many poeple might disagree with me, but hey we are going to sit through a season of filler arcs, might as well take out any good points we can find.

Anyhow, I am NOT going to post all 73 scrrenshots (hears some sighs of relief) ... but I will post some of the moves that were used in this episode (btw Rocklee had a good fight, hes much more fun when drunk, just like everyone else in tthis world =P).

Here goes!

Raiga strikes back!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/lightningdragontornado1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/lightningdragontornado3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/lightningdragontornado2.jpg

Armor on!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/lightningarmor1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/lightningarmor2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/lightningarmor3.jpg

Reactions to curry!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap009.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap012.jpg

Ragia strikes back remix!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/ragiapwnage.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/ragiapwnage1.jpg

Naruto's final barrage!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/crotatearmystrike.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/clbodyattack1.jpg
Can you say E.Honda?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/clbodyattack2.jpg

I left out the Rock Lee Fight screen shots because I had ALOT of them (almost went frame by frame), and I alreayd posted enough pictures for now. If you guys want I cna post them or someone else can do them.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-27-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by: Kensee
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap012.jpg

ROTFLMAO

About next arc being team Konohamaru:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Kraco
Thu, 10-27-2005, 07:49 AM
Even if the next arc is with the bloody Konohamaru, I'm happy because at least we finally get rid of the curry of life (or curry of death if you ask the turtle).

Actually, although the outcome of the application of psychology in this episode was a bit dodgy, I still like how Raiga in the end disintegrated himself, just like DarthEnder said. Why not go with a flash, if you are a goner anyway...

Cyberdude93
Thu, 10-27-2005, 08:03 AM
I liked this episode, but they wasted good music on drunken Lee.

And why the hell did Neji keep fainting after eating the Curry? Naruto didn't. Well, obviously the answer to that is "so they could do the fight the way they did; without Neji", but is there any logical reason?

BioAlien
Thu, 10-27-2005, 08:13 AM
maybe neji faint if he drain Wine (yes there was wine in the curry of life)

el_boss
Thu, 10-27-2005, 08:55 AM
I actually liked this episode alot. It had everything good old Naruto eps used to have, humor, good fights and no rasengan (or lasergun wich I call it to make it seem less lame). I'm not a expert but I tought that the animation in this episode was very smooth and much better than the last ep. One thing that boggled me tough is that Ranmaru could walk, curry of life can evidently build up muscles that have never been used. And also I started wondering, is Ranmaru a boy or a girl? I for one am actually looking forward to the next episode, I mean no lame wierd adversaries (hopefully).

Loved this image, reminded me of Terrance and Philip from South Park.
http://hem.bredband.net/b518823/spark_lee.jpg

BioAlien
Thu, 10-27-2005, 09:07 AM
I started wondering, is Ranmaru a boy or a girl?
Ranmaru is a boy

Yukimura
Thu, 10-27-2005, 11:17 AM
I was also baffled by the de-cripple-ified Ranmaru, mabye the Curry of Life is the cure for all disease, seeing as how it probobly kills anything microscopic in it's path.

Also, do you think they recoverd the lightning swords that Raiga dropped, those things seemed pretty bad ass and I would hope they didn't just leave them sitting around on top of some mountain. Imagine the power boost if Ten-Ten had those cool ninja-fied swords in one of her scrolls.

I think the point of this Konohamaru thing will just be a 'Naruto sucks at leading, but has so much charisma, and chakra, that it all works out' anouncment, Konohamaru and co. are just along to witness, and annoy the hell out of us. And how bad off must Konoha be if their giving three man teams to Genin

...at least it might be funny...

el_boss
Thu, 10-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by: Yukimura
Also, do you think they recoverd the lightning swords that Raiga dropped, those things seemed pretty bad ass and I would hope they didn't just leave them sitting around on top of some mountain.

They probably got desintigrated along with Raiga. Remember this is a filler so they can't get any new stuff or abilties.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-27-2005, 11:55 AM
The animation flowed better than it has in a while and I can't remember the last time I laughed so much at a Naruto episode.

Aeon
Thu, 10-27-2005, 12:15 PM
They made Shino come off as a better leader then Neji, that and the curry were the only things I didn't like this arc.

el_boss
Thu, 10-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
They made Shino come off as a better leader then Neji, that and the curry were the only things I didn't like this arc.

Didn't they say during the chuunin-exam that Neji and Naruto were not fit to be leaders?

6Zabuza9
Thu, 10-27-2005, 12:54 PM
wow better than i xpected. nd YES!!! no more curry of life!!! thy say it so many tims like naruto saying "this is m way of the ninja!!!'

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
Even if the next arc is with the bloody Konohamaru, I'm happy because at least we finally get rid of the curry of life (or curry of death if you ask the turtle).

Actually, although the outcome of the application of psychology in this episode was a bit dodgy, I still like how Raiga in the end disintegrated himself, just like DarthEnder said. Why not go with a flash, if you are a goner anyway...
I imagine it's because he had the reaction most people would have. That stuff is god-awful. Neji probably has a very refined pallette. Plus, it was funny, and it kept him out of the fight, so they couldn't make him look incompetant AGAIN.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Haven't seen the episode but I'm happy to hear that Raiga is dead. I was really hoping that they would come up with some sort of excuse so Raiga wouldnd not be associated as one of the seven mist swordsmen. Oh also for the person who thought raiga's swords were cool hit yourself with something hard. Well that's a bit harsh but I mean common those fucking glow sticks were not nearly as badass as kisame or zambuza's swords.

Lucifus
Thu, 10-27-2005, 02:41 PM
OMG, I never expected this f*cked up filler arc to end so good. The episode was amazing, I liked it. Pretty sweet for a filler.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-27-2005, 02:53 PM
It's the greatest filler known to man!

Necromas
Thu, 10-27-2005, 03:20 PM
This was the single best filler episode, ever!

Neji isn't a bad team leader, he's just a big lightweight when it comes to alcohol, but fortunately, Lee is a natural master of the drunken fist!

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this but it was actually pretty good!

Sure, I want to kill that old annoying hag (man I swear, if she said "oh my" one more time I would have gotten pissed for real) & it was pretty stupid how Ranmaru suddenly switched sides after spending all that time with Raiga, but yeah, I guess this is as perfect as filler goes. All fillers should be like this, not taking themselves so seriously. The curry was used in such a stupid way that it actually crossed the line between annoying and fun, and made me laugh. And all the funny expressions! I laughed out loud when Karashi got hit all those times when he accidently dropped wine in the curry. And Lee's sounds were hilarious too. And of course everything with Neji involved.

Also, it was actually pretty cool when Raiga disintegrated himself. Well, a pleasant surprise.
Anyway, next week's episode is gonna suck hard. So let's enjoy this short filler momentum while it lasts.

22 weeks to go!

Dionysos
Thu, 10-27-2005, 04:46 PM
well if all fillers are that 'good' i think the 22 weeks are bearable.

aznroyale
Thu, 10-27-2005, 06:21 PM
im glad this filler is done

Board of Command
Thu, 10-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Worst arc ever. All I can say. Looks like more filler coming up...

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Thu, 10-27-2005, 06:55 PM
by the time the filler eps are over we'll be so hungry for actual story that the eps following the manga could suck and we would still love them

Jinju
Thu, 10-27-2005, 07:56 PM
did anyone else read in the opening credits that it said there will be 22 more weeks of fillers? is this correct?

darkmetal505
Thu, 10-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by: Jinju
did anyone else read in the opening credits that it said there will be 22 more weeks of fillers? is this correct?

did anyone try to find the thread that talks about this?

you forgot about this one:

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/3087/rocklee1cv.jpg

ForteCross
Thu, 10-27-2005, 09:27 PM
"lighting, give me my funeral"
when he said that... he didnt have his swords-things... so... we learn that HE have the control of the lighting... it wasnt his swords the one that can control the lighting... anyway... next arc: "chounin leadership training" (well... its like a chounin traning... and shikamaru wanst there... he doesnt need that training...)

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-27-2005, 10:05 PM
I guess that makes sense.

"Hey Naruto, remember when you kicked ass at the Chuunin exam but then we didn't make you a chuunin cause we think you might be mentally retarded? Well we're gonna teach you to be a leader by letting you get a team of academy students killed. Hey, you know you Konohamaru right?"

I will say this...I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what kinds of techniques Udun has!.

heero
Thu, 10-27-2005, 11:01 PM
I didnt like it....why the hell did they make Lee look so dumb. It was a serious fight then suddenly turned into some kind of joke. The next arc is even worse wtf.

Kensee
Thu, 10-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

"Hey Naruto, remember when you kicked ass at the Chuunin exam but then we didn't make you a chuunin cause we think you might be mentally retarded? Well we're gonna teach you to be a leader by letting you get a team of academy students killed. Hey, you know you Konohamaru right?"

I will say this...I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what kinds of techniques Udun has!.

Udun is the math kid?
And is it really 22 weeks left only? I thouhgt we were at week 25 on that countdown?

ludo410
Fri, 10-28-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss
I actually liked this episode alot. It had everything good old Naruto eps used to have, humor, good fights and no rasengan (or lasergun wich I call it to make it seem less lame). I'm not a expert but I tought that the animation in this episode was very smooth and much better than the last ep. One thing that boggled me tough is that Ranmaru could walk, curry of life can evidently build up muscles that have never been used. And also I started wondering, is Ranmaru a boy or a girl? I for one am actually looking forward to the next episode, I mean no lame wierd adversaries (hopefully).

Loved this image, reminded me of Terrance and Philip from South Park.
http://hem.bredband.net/b518823/spark_lee.jpg

yes, i too think this eps was better polished than the last two; almost like the spent less time for the other two, to make this one ... and i love the screen cap but, rock may need to see a doc. about them badly broken fingers and toes. i think Ranmaru is a boy but thats just what his name suggests you never can tell in anime anymore

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-28-2005, 07:40 AM

Udun is the math kid?
And is it really 22 weeks left only? I thouhgt we were at week 25 on that countdown?

It's 26 weeks starting from the new opening. There's been 4 episodes with the new opening, so we're down to 22.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 10-28-2005, 01:06 PM

I hope he's just like Gaara except he controls snot!

Can't wait to see Udon's ultimate defense.

chet_chetty
Fri, 10-28-2005, 02:16 PM
prediction - konohamaru will do something relatively cool

alukard
Fri, 10-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Gasp, people are suddenly all in good mood today. Not many ppl tried and even those who tried to be sarcastic about how bad this arc was even failed because the conclusion. As far as Raiga belonging to the the 7 shinobi of mist, he could create his own club if he wanted to. He took the genins out relatively easily. Sure enough they're just genins but we're talking about an army of naruto clones. He pwned even Neji.

-------
Didn't they say during the chuunin-exam that Neji and Naruto were not fit to be leaders?
-------

Good point. Here i thought Neji would be a great leader since he was leader all this time for team Neji. I think even Sasuke is a better leader so far than Neji and only reason he didnt get his chuunin examination was because he and Gaara had to stop their fights early.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-28-2005, 03:03 PM
In all honestly Konohamaru SHOULD be able to do something cool. He's the 3rd's grandson. There must be some cool techniques that go along with that.

You know, now that Sasuke is gone, I could see Konohamaru becoming Naruto's new rival after he becomes a Gennin. No doubt he's going to be one of those genius ninja.

heero
Fri, 10-28-2005, 03:55 PM
I feel sorry for Naruto if Konohamaru actually catches up and becomes his rival....

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-28-2005, 04:40 PM
It wouldn't suprise me at all. The 3rd knew over 1000 jutsu's, so I expect Konohamaru to be able to learn alot in a short period of time. Naruto knows 3 things and has Kyuubi but he never uses that except against main villians. So if you take out Kyuubi, Konohamaru could probably catch up to Naruto pretty fast.

heero
Fri, 10-28-2005, 07:24 PM
I got a question. Why did Raiga get killed by thunder in the end when he seems to be immune to lightning strikes through out the whole arc? Lightning hits him everytime he attacks and yet he dies from it in the end? wtf

Kraco
Fri, 10-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by: heero
I got a question. Why did Raiga get killed by thunder in the end when he seems to be immune to lightning strikes through out the whole arc? Lightning hits him everytime he attacks and yet he dies from it in the end? wtf

Not really that peculiar. To use lightning like that, he needed to be in control of it. Possibly he just purposefully let go of the control in the end. I suppose if Naruto thrust his rasengan down his own throat the effect would be comparable.

Edort4
Fri, 10-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Oh common! is everybody fooled by this episode? It was a great filler filled with filler shit! They turn naruto into a fu..ing looney toon adventure, lee was like bugs bunny or so. Naruto has funny moments but this episode was just filled with funny cliches ( all the jokes are the most seen anime jokes) to emmascarate the crapinnes behind. It was a fight for godsake! they are fighting some1 that should be at a high jounin lvl and they act like morons? has naruto turn into that kind of anime? As far as we have seen in the real naruto (manga) it has great funny moment but they are prety clearly separated from the tension and danger moments, like fights to dead with quite strong and serious opponents. On that moments is where they become ninjas! Crappy excuse to make lee drunk(because they know ppl like lee drunk!) they made stupid movements to make the funny more obvious wich wasnt needed! neji is a genious and gets beaten in the first hit and then the fu..ing curry of life beat him again? twice? that is funny because everybody knew that this was a nonsense filler where no1 is risking their lifes fighting a great mist ninja who was on the team of zabuza and kisame! is that normal? do you imagine naruto farting on the face of itachi when he is transformed into kyubii mode and itachi is going to use amaterasu? or lee shouting for the curry of life when his opening the gates to fight kisame?

I cant explain myself but this episode made me angry, they just mock of all of naruto world, what it is in the esence, they make life or dead a joke, characters become funny puppets and they made it against some1 of the lvl of the 7 mist nins! what is next?

I'm dissapointed with you guys, no1 said that this episode was to try narutards like again naruto with easy and senseless fun.

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-28-2005, 09:02 PM
This episode was good.

They finally seemed to understand that they can goof around because the filler is crap and they know the viewers all know that nothing important will come from these filler arcs. I thought Lee's Looney Tuneish falling down the mountain was pretty poorly placed, because it came after a series of camera pans and POV shots that made the fight seem important and serious, and then he's bouncing around all over the place. The humor later was better, drunk Lee is just fantastic, Neji passing out was good too.

Raiga finally used some pretty cool justu, although his tactics are as inane as ever... How the hell did Ranmaru start walking again? Just from the curry?!?!?!

Overall a not-so-bad ending for a filler arc that started out really really awfully. This episode had better animation, better camera angles and wasn't too silly... unfortunatley, looks like the next filler arc will be pretty silly, what with Konohamaru and Booger Boy....

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-28-2005, 09:12 PM
no1 said that this episode was to try narutards like again naruto with easy and senseless fun.

Yeah man, if there's one thing I just won't stand for in my anime its fun!

Edort4
Fri, 10-28-2005, 09:50 PM

no1 said that this episode was to try narutards like again naruto with easy and senseless fun.

Yeah man, if there's one thing I just won't stand for in my anime its fun!

If u like anime where ppl die, are tortured, sacrifice themselves for their companions and fight to death I hope so.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 10-28-2005, 10:22 PM
I actually agree with you Edort to some extent, This episode was good as in plain simple goofing around. There never was a moment when I feared for anyone's life. And I even forgot the level that Raiga was supposed to be at. So even though it was naruto, it wasnt THE naruto that I would sit at the edge of my seat biting my nails wondering whether Gaara is going to be beaten when Lee finishes opening his last gate of whoopass .
There wasn't that uncertainty that made me anticipate something awesome or dreadful.
It was just enjoyable like any regular afternoon episode.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 10-28-2005, 10:48 PM
This episode didn't fool everyone, edort, it's just that people have these things called opinions and believe it or not they may differ from what you think.

alukard
Fri, 10-28-2005, 11:32 PM
There were moments where you DO feel someone is endangered. I can see why no one likes Ranmaru, he's a 'filler' character. Raiga is just insane and attacked Ranmaru because he can no longer remember when he was 'good.' But Raiga is not a 7 shinobis of mist for nothing. In order to pass the Chuunin exam the genins have to fight to their death all their friends. The genins didn't beat him by themselves. Did someone forgot how badly he pwned Neji himself? Lee was fighting a jounin level ninja all by himself and if not for the cure-all-life he would have died. Neji was poisoned, twice. He didnt even have time to put out his ultimate defense but i dont think that would even matter. Naruto is not a genin. He has Rasengan which can beat just about any jounin level nins and his clones make him an unstoppable army. As with a filler, they're not even allowed to dream of killing off a character of Naruto. They can do whatever w/ fillers characters. If knowingly the expectation of characters' outcome and the outcome of the battles are low then it becomes no surprise that fillers suck. Fillers are guaranteed to leave you empty. As far as fillers go i agree it is as good as it gets. So if you want more blood, more drama wait 22 more weeks.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 10-29-2005, 01:50 AM
The thing about that is, with an entire season of fillers, they actually have enough time to introduce new characters, run them long enough for people to get attached to them, and then maybe kill off a few before the end. But they use new characters for each of these miniarcs, and none of them are even likable, so you don't care if they die.

There's alot more than they could be doing since they have so many episodes to work with, but they just aren't doing it.

We would have been better off if the entire season had been planned as one longass arc. Stick Naruto with a team of older Gennins(their third member died during the Konoha crush so they need a replacement and Naruto has no-one on his team). You could get some investment into those other two characters over the course of a few missions, then towards the end, maybe one of them doesn't survive. By then, if they were cool, and had some interesting powers, you might give a crap when it happened.

But nah. That's too much work I guess.

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by: alukard
But Raiga is not a 7 shinobis of mist for nothing. In order to pass the Chuunin exam the genins have to fight to their death all their friends.

It's not like the filler crew gives a shit about that... they only wanted an excuse to throw in yet another villain in the whole "let's find Sasuke" gig.

masamuneehs
Sat, 10-29-2005, 02:11 AM
The thing about that is, with an entire season of fillers, they actually have enough time to introduce new characters, run them long enough for people to get attached to them, and then maybe kill off a few before the end. But they use new characters for each of these miniarcs, and none of them are even likable, so you don't care if they die.

There's alot more than they could be doing since they have so many episodes to work with, but they just aren't doing it.

Holy fucking shit I actually agree with your punkass on something.

That is exactly what I was thinking for these fillers, an in-depth storyline that could be fleshed out and really enjoyed over a long period of time, even if it is filler.

To those who love the dark/tense/serious Naruto and can't stand the funny joking-around, there is a thing called acknowledging one's own self. That is what the Naruto filler seemed to finally do in this episode, recognize that it is just a forgettable, laughable and pointless TV show for the mean time (this is taken from Webster Dictionary's definition of Filler) that does use the characters and themes from venerable and respected franchises as a way to get some god-damned ratings.

My opinion, and it's only just my opinion, is that this last filler episode was A-grade. That is, the exam question was: construct a 20 minute show based off Naruto that has no permanent effects on the show itself but can be enjoyed for what it is as far as acting, pacing, style and delivery are all concerned.

Although, it is getting alittle lame with them trying to tie it back into "Where's Sasuke?".... well, even without that, I still think the filler must be considered as a totally different thing from the actual series, because as it looks like from the episode preview, the next filler arc won't have anything to do with Sasuke at all, but actually what they should focus the fillers on, the training before the events of the next actual Naruto episode.....

Masamune
Sat, 10-29-2005, 02:38 AM
But Raiga is not a 7 shinobis of mist for nothing. In order to pass the Chuunin exam the genins have to fight to their death all their friends.

Im pretty sure thats the genin exam of the hidden (bloody) mist village , before it was changed

Kensee
Sat, 10-29-2005, 05:20 AM
Hrm, quick question ...

Do you think naruto could do mass shadow replication, then use half of the clones to form rasengen in the other half hands? You'd get an army of ransengens o.O. I mean chliche .. yes, but damn that would be deadly.

(Now imagine sasuke and or neji learning shadow replication =P).

And yes, I believe that they will make a few new characters just for fillers.

BioAlien
Sat, 10-29-2005, 06:25 AM
Hrm, quick question ...

Do you think naruto could do mass shadow replication, then use half of the clones to form rasengen in the other half hands? You'd get an army of ransengens o.O. I mean chliche .. yes, but damn that would be deadly.

i think naruto already did thats to make a whirlpool

Kensee
Sat, 10-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by: BioAlien

Hrm, quick question ...

i think naruto already did thats to make a whirlpool

Ah in that one movie? But I mean just against one person? Would they cancel each other out or make the guy spin faster or? .. Iono would sound like a devistating attack if he doesnt fumble it up an dhit all his clones in the process.

Neko Haruko
Sat, 10-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Can't believe I'm saying this but it was actually pretty good!

Sure, I want to kill that old annoying hag (man I swear, if she said "oh my" one more time I would have gotten pissed for real) & it was pretty stupid how Ranmaru suddenly switched sides after spending all that time with Raiga, but yeah, I guess this is as perfect as filler goes. All fillers should be like this, not taking themselves so seriously. The curry was used in such a stupid way that it actually crossed the line between annoying and fun, and made me laugh. And all the funny expressions! I laughed out loud when Karashi got hit all those times when he accidently dropped wine in the curry. And Lee's sounds were hilarious too. And of course everything with Neji involved.

Also, it was actually pretty cool when Raiga disintegrated himself. Well, a pleasant surprise.
Anyway, next week's episode is gonna suck hard. So let's enjoy this short filler momentum while it lasts.

22 weeks to go!\

Wow. I can't believe you have something nive to say. heh. You are always the first to say "OMFG! I HATE THIS!!! STOOPID FILLAS!!!" I kinda liked it too nyan. The "Oh my"'s were annoying. Why were all the rookies there in tsunade's office though? in the preveiw? I'm too llazy to downoad the sub.

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Kensee, the whirlpool Rasengan was part of the first filler arc (the Idate race one).

I'm glad people are starting to accept the fillers. Maybe if they're all this lighthearted, people will get used to Naruto just being a dumb show until it gets back to the real story.

Assertn
Sat, 10-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
I'm glad people are starting to accept the fillers. Maybe if they're all this lighthearted, people will get used to Naruto just being a dumb show until it gets back to the real story.

I didn't start watching naruto to get into a dumb show

DarthEnderX
Sat, 10-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I guess you chose poorly then my friend.

darkmetal505
Sat, 10-29-2005, 03:14 PM
what i dont get is why naruto named his attack like a ninjutsu... all they were doing were punching, kicking, and headbutting...

el_boss
Sat, 10-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505
what i dont get is why naruto named his attack like a ninjutsu... all they were doing were punching, kicking, and headbutting...

So that they can pretend they have put in a new tech even tough it is a filler.

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: XanBcoo

I didn't start watching naruto to get into a dumb show

And neither did I, but that's what it's become. The sooner we accept that these fillers are not going to be great, and we can enjoy them for what they are - that is, "a 20 minute show based off Naruto that has no permanent effects on the show itself but can be enjoyed for what it is as far as acting, pacing, style and delivery are all concerned," as masamuneehs put it.

I'm still not gonna watch them though. I have better things to do than subject myself to Naruto fillers.

Aeon
Sat, 10-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505

You could say the same with the Naruto combo.

heero
Sat, 10-29-2005, 07:04 PM
well u could say the same with sasuke's combo and all of lee's attacks

TheNineTails
Sat, 10-29-2005, 07:10 PM
i'd say its all bs!

aznroyale
Sat, 10-29-2005, 11:48 PM
naruto's new move is completely GAY i was like wtf isnt it like the same everytimes he clones himself and he beats someone up

kyubisrage
Sun, 10-30-2005, 01:33 AM
There were moments where you DO feel someone is endangered. I can see why no one likes Ranmaru, he's a 'filler' character. Raiga is just insane and attacked Ranmaru because he can no longer remember when he was 'good.' But Raiga is not a 7 shinobis of mist for nothing. In order to pass the Chuunin exam the genins have to fight to their death all their friends. The genins didn't beat him by themselves. Did someone forgot how badly he pwned Neji himself? Lee was fighting a jounin level ninja all by himself and if not for the cure-all-life he would have died. Neji was poisoned, twice. He didnt even have time to put out his ultimate defense but i dont think that would even matter. Naruto is not a genin. He has Rasengan which can beat just about any jounin level nins and his clones make him an unstoppable army. As with a filler, they're not even allowed to dream of killing off a character of Naruto. They can do whatever w/ fillers characters. If knowingly the expectation of characters' outcome and the outcome of the battles are low then it becomes no surprise that fillers suck. Fillers are guaranteed to leave you empty. As far as fillers go i agree it is as good as it gets. So if you want more blood, more drama wait 22 more weeks.

one thing to say this is a filler. IF someone like neji can be beaten by someone like raiga its total bull shit. The real neji from the manga would own the shit out of raiga. Lee could of destroy raiga. Naruto if he tried could of destroyed raiga. But the fillers make all good character into worthless character. Also as far as I know they are trying to pass the "curry of life" as a sensu bean i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kraco
Sun, 10-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by: aznroyale
naruto's new move is completely GAY i was like wtf isnt it like the same everytimes he clones himself and he beats someone up

Although it's plainly obvious Kakashi doesn't actually want to teach a blockhead like Naruto, but still the show would probably get better, if Naruto received from somebody some teaching of what to actually do with the Kage Bunshin technique. When Kakashi used this jutsu, his lone shadow clone kicked ass. Naruto just uses his as cannon fodder or to create the rasengan. It hardly looks like a powerful technique when Naruto uses it...

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-31-2005, 09:06 PM
I miss the mass attacks he used against Gaara.

Bring back the 1000 Punch Combo and the No-escape Shuriken Chapter!

Necromas
Mon, 10-31-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco

Originally posted by: aznroyale

Although it's plainly obvious Kakashi doesn't actually want to teach a blockhead like Naruto, but still the show would probably get better, if Naruto received from somebody some teaching of what to actually do with the Kage Bunshin technique. When Kakashi used this jutsu, his lone shadow clone kicked ass. Naruto just uses his as cannon fodder or to create the rasengan. It hardly looks like a powerful technique when Naruto uses it...

That's because, since Naruto makes many clones, each clone has little power.

Similar to how when Zabuza made only one water bunshin, he put enough power into it for it to whomp on Sasuke, but when he made like 10, Sasuke was able to defeat them because since he made so many clones, they werent fast enough to keep up with Sasuke. (even though Sasuke had the chakra control training, he would not have been able to beat the single clone he fought earlier)

UberSuperHACKER
Tue, 11-01-2005, 02:36 PM

Ranmaru is a boy

Correction... Ranmaru is obviously a "GrboyMANwo" also known as a "hermaphrodite"

Kensee
Tue, 11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by: UberSuperHACKER

Ranmaru is a boy

Correction... Ranmaru is obviously a "GrboyMANwo" also known as a "hermaphrodite"

o.o . . .

bout the clone issue, still since naruto LEARNED it, it really shouldn't be too hard to learn. Yes forbidden but he could probbaly teach neji or someone to use it. Plus Kakashi knows it so it should be learnable by the Genin since its only a High class Jonin technique (hell even kanamaraoh ... gah i cant spell his name. .. well his traininer could do it too). But an army of nejis? o.O I wouldn't mind seeing Kakashi doing shadow clone then just destroying an entire group of enimies.

Assertn
Wed, 11-02-2005, 01:57 AM
Chakra's divided up among each clone though....
This is why its so much more useful for naruto than it is for most other characters......he has practically unlimited chakra