PDA

View Full Version : TV: Rome

Hakeem_21
Sun, 10-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Does anyone watch this show?

If not its a show about Rome in Ceaser years but you see the story mostly through two soldiers Veranis and Pullo.

If you dont watch it and like historical dramas you should.

SK
Sun, 10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
This is a great show, too bad no new episode tonight. Basically the show is about the transformation of Rome from the Republic to the Empire. Lots of sex, gore, and violence.

~1~

isso
Mon, 10-24-2005, 05:08 AM
Yupp I'm watching it to.. It's great, wished for even more nudity! hehe HEFF! =) No new episodes, damn I was lookin forward to one!

Hakeem_21
Mon, 10-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Im only on ep 6 i saw ep 2-6 last night what a great show. I like the story alot. Who are you favs characters?

Mine are Pullo,Vorenus,Octavian.

isso
Mon, 10-24-2005, 09:55 AM
I agree i like them the best.. Pullo and Veranis (the two of them make a great team!! lol) and octavian is smartass! And octavia is hot! hot hot hot!

SK
Mon, 10-24-2005, 03:09 PM
She's a lesbian.

Aeon
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I've only seen ep1 since I won't have my cable back till I move next month, but from what I saw it was a cool show. I'm still waiting for my sister to bring me the dvd she recorded the remaining eps on.

isso
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by: SK
She's a lesbian.

Lesbians can be hot! hot hot hot!

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-24-2005, 05:22 PM
This is a good show and is as close to historically accurate as entertainment can get...

Hakeem_21
Mon, 10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
She isnt leasbain she is bi i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I read in tv.com that the show might go on even after Ceaser's fall and we will se Octavian's rise to power and Marc Anthony rule after Ceaser.

I want to see the how the smartass takes power.

Assassin
Mon, 10-24-2005, 11:08 PM
well i was downloading ep 6 a week ago, but stupid tv whores think its lillegal. my download got stuck at 97.7% and wouldnt move i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-25-2005, 03:57 AM
Go to www.torrentspy.com and dl there i have download 8 eps from there without a problem.

SK
Sun, 10-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Whoa Octavian fucked his sister. I was surprised how pissed Atia got, I woulden't think she would care about it that much after acting like her son was Caesar's lover.

~1~

Hakeem_21
Wed, 11-02-2005, 08:34 AM
I didnt find it shocking cause they were freaky at those times.

But i liked was how easy Octavian saw through Octavias plan.

Poor girl heer mother lies in her face,her lover just uses her as her pawn.

Assassin
Tue, 01-23-2007, 02:03 AM
Season two of Rome started about a week ago. It starts off where the last episode ended, with ceasors death.

Mark Antony is now in power, rome is falling apart and there is a power struggle developing between antony and octavion. As well lucius verienus has become quite a bit darker which i like. Smashing the statue of concord and yelling "I am a son of hades! I fuck concord in her ass!" was priceless.

Theres a few thigns im wondering about though, like that boy who was being beaten up. As soon as he said "i'll suck you cock" the servant stopped. I can't figure out the significance of a bj at this point. As well, the appearence of that jewish guys brother, who is apparently in some political trouble in Jeruselum. Wonder where that will lead.

Munsu
Tue, 01-23-2007, 02:13 AM
I got to start this series. Out of all the series I've seen from HBO and Showtime (Sopranos, Dexter, Deadwood, Dead Like Me, Carnivāle, Sleeper Cell) none have dissapointed me, so I doubt this series will be any different.

Assassin
Tue, 01-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Dead like Me was a good series. too bad they stopped after 2 seasons.

Sapphire
Tue, 01-23-2007, 08:49 AM
I can't wait till I start watching this season. The last season took me a very long time to watch, however, since I kept falling asleep. >_> Some scenes are just so quiet and talky. Not that I don't like it.

GhostKaGe
Thu, 01-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I love thai series just finished watching first 2 episodes of season 2 and i can't wait for episode 3

Assassin
Wed, 02-07-2007, 03:32 AM
So, just finished ep 4. attia isn't dead, anthony's beaten, and verenus has his kids back. pretty good ep overall.

the amount of blood in the torture scenes was kind of disturbing. i dont think i've ever seen that much blood, even in R rated movies. Im liking ceaser's new young generals, but why did they get rid of the original octavian. i really liked him.

Sapphire
Wed, 02-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm loving this series so far.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of quoting: "I need a job, PLZ!!!! I'll suck yer cock!" In an IRC channel and got quoted by a bot. XDD But nevermind that. I wonder what the motive of that weird ass kitchen boy is. He's cool, but I think he's a whore too. :D

The Adjective
Fri, 02-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm a big fan of this series. Not having HBO, I only saw the first six or so episodes of the first season. I quickly bought the box set when it game out (beautiful packaging) and me and a few friends watch the whole series over a few days.

Haha, because I don't have HBO, I've been downloading the episodes of the second season. I have the first four, but I haven't watched them yet. I don't know a great deal about Roman history, so everyting the show covers comes as new to me.

Munsu
Sat, 02-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Finally got around to starting this series, and I have to say I like it a lot.

Up to episode 4 at the moment, I hope the second season is still as good or better.

The Adjective
Sat, 02-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm four episodes into the second season and I find that it has a lot more depth and drama than the beginning of the first season.

Amazing show.

Turkish-S
Tue, 02-13-2007, 03:06 AM
whow this i did not see comming... mark anthony and "caesar" teaming up.. It will be nice to see the face of brutus once he arrives at rome..

GhostKaGe
Mon, 03-05-2007, 06:01 PM
The peace between Antony and Ceaser won't last very long, Antony far too self centered share power with anyone.
Poor old Atia cursed and cast aside like some cheap wench all in the same episode.

I love this series the battle in the arena in season 1 rocked

Assassin
Tue, 03-06-2007, 12:25 AM
man, everyone was doing everyone else this ep. and octavion is such a bitch, screwing over his mother, sister, and his friend all at once......damn thats gotta be some record.

loved pulo's expression when his wife goes "you should beat her like that every month" :p....but damn, that tevern hoe is thinking big. Theres gonna be some major drama in the upcomming eps :D

Turkish-S
Tue, 03-06-2007, 04:53 AM
yea this show is still great.. But this will be the last season :( .

SK
Thu, 03-08-2007, 09:57 AM
The major arc is never too interesting since I know that period of Roman history pretty well, but the invented dramas in the show make it good.

Genma
Thu, 03-08-2007, 10:04 AM
The show is somewhat entertaining, to an extent.

Although there are just way too many gay references and actions for my liking. Yeah, gayness was a huge part of Roman culture, but it makes me uncomfortable to see a guy in the bathroom get raped... especially considering the fact that they didn't censor it when they bent him over.

How can you guys stand watching this without cringing in disgust? :\

SK
Thu, 03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
The show is somewhat entertaining, to an extent.

Although there are just way too many gay references and actions for my liking. Yeah, gayness was a huge part of Roman culture, but it makes me uncomfortable to see a guy in the bathroom get raped... especially considering the fact that they didn't censor it when they bent him over.

How can you guys stand watching this without cringing in disgust? :\

It takes more than that to make me feel disgusted, the fact that it is acting and not really happening helps.

Assassin
Mon, 03-12-2007, 01:01 PM
oh man, what an awesome ep. I hate that irrany (sp?) had to die though....i was thinking she'd just lose the child. now anthony's been banished from italy, varinus has gone with him again, and pullo is incharge of the aventine. I love how he bit the guys toungue out and spat it back to his side. friggin awesome. too bad that battle scene wasn't longer.

Turkish-S
Mon, 03-12-2007, 03:09 PM
yea this episode was GREAT.mark anthony got a scandal too now "son of ceasar". next episode will be great..

GhostKaGe
Mon, 03-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Great finale.

its too bad we're not gonna be getting another series "HBO can suck plutos thorny cock"

Munsu
Thu, 03-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Hmm, looks like it might be getting a movie after all:
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/04/hbo-rome-movie/

Hopefully it will be a good one. I only wish they would do one for Carnivale and Deadwood too. I've also been waiting for a Veronica Mars one.

Assassin
Sat, 03-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Thats damn good news...i guess its too early to hope for a release date, even a tentative one. Im gonna have to rewatch the whole series once we get near release time.