PDA

View Full Version : Who was the better villain?

Jadugar
Sat, 10-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Who was the better villain?

Gates or Gauron ?

kyubisrage
Sat, 10-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Gauron! lol even if he was like there for 10 mins of the whole series

supra33202
Sat, 10-22-2005, 11:11 PM
Gates, a psycho with skills.

XwingRob
Sat, 10-22-2005, 11:15 PM
I think Gauron. Just because he defeated Souske while he was a dying man in bed.
If it wasn't for Chidori showing up, it would have been game over man, game over!

Illrenmazou
Sat, 10-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Gauron. I love how he twisted Sousuke's mind.

Jadugar
Sat, 10-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by: supra33202
Gates, a psycho with skills.
Plz do click that vote button next to Gates on the top.

NeoBear
Sun, 10-23-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
I think Gauron. Just because he defeated Souske while he was a dying man in bed.
If it wasn't for Chidori showing up, it would have been game over man, game over!

i have to agree with this but i think Gates was hella funnie i enjoyed watching him i could never tell wut was gonna happen when he was around

Stoopider
Sun, 10-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Gates.. You gotta love a psycho genius. And hilarious.

I never liked Gauron. I think his character isn't well done. It's like he's meant to be a brilliant nemesis, but somehow isn't cool, interesting or intelligent enough. I'm just thankful he's dead in the end to be honest. Both the girls he trained are cooler than him.

I think the first season really just spoils Gauron for me. The part about Toy Box was so damn lame. I'd just wish he died.

Darknodin
Sun, 10-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Gates! he scares me... seriously

einobaka
Sun, 10-23-2005, 08:49 AM
It's really hard to compare the two since they're so good at what they do. I really liked Gates for his twisted comic relief, especially in the first and second eps. And Gauron, I really thought he was dead in season one, they way he just plots evil things were amazing.

Mae
Sun, 10-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Gauron was cooler, but Gates was more evil. The way he used the twins dead body to taunt her sister.... And the kittens.... *shudder*

EpyonNext
Tue, 10-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Gates isn't even worthy enough to stand in Garuons shadow.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
Gauron was cooler, but Gates was more evil. The way he used the twins dead body to taunt her sister.... And the kittens.... *shudder*

He was possessed by the devil.

Kraco
Wed, 10-26-2005, 02:06 PM
All the lambda driver users are quite weird. Although we didn't actually see what kind of people those bulk soldiers with Gates were. Sagara is also quite weird, just not crazy or evil.

kooshi
Wed, 10-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Gauron - Insane in a manipulative way. Hell, he even drove Sousuke crazy when he was practically dead.
Gates - Insane in a funny, but very unpredictable way. You never know what he is gonna do and has an extremely.... weird fetish of cats *shudder*. Gotta love the voice acting of Ero-sennin, he did such an awesome job.

I dunno, I can't really decide which one was better. I gave Gauron the vote because of his excellent final appearance since I rewatched that scene soooo many times.

Darknodin
Wed, 10-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
All the lambda driver users are quite weird. Although we didn't actually see what kind of people those bulk soldiers with Gates were. Sagara is also quite weird, just not crazy or evil.

not crazy???? you kidding right? I mean, after more than 40 eps of FMP you are used to it but... he IS crazy.

Mgslee
Thu, 10-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Gates is insane in the mad scientist kind of way. You dont grow to hate him, hes just a crazy villian.

Gauron on the other hand is a villian you love to hate. Hes evil, manipulative and cunning. He has all the traits a good villian has. One reason Gauron is a better villian is that hes far more developed the gates ever was. Gauron was devloped in the whole FMP1 series and his past ties in with Souskes for extra effect.

Gauron is by far a better villian then Gates, heck the way Gauron died vs Gates was far more dramatic. When Gates died it was more like "Saw that coming, now please die", with Gauron it was like "OMFG you bastard, die already" and his death face was priceless

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 01-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Well, this thread is pretty old... but whatever.

I personnally prefer gates. I mean cmon, the guy is so crazy its awesome.

like back in that stadium (I cant quite remember the exact words but its along these lines)

Gates: "Kill them all!!!!!"
*Gates starts singing "ave Maria"*
*5 mins later*
Gates: "You guys killed them all??? What did you do that for? Now how are we gona get paid???"
Random Officer: "But sir, It was you who..."
BAM! *Gates shoots him in the face!*
Gate: "Oh no! another one dead! When will the tragedy of war end!?!?!?!"

And i also find it hilarious how he is balding but still keeps long hair.

Munsu
Wed, 01-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Gauron was a better villian, but I say the reason behind it is that he was there for 24 episodes so he got developed better...

With time Gates would've ended up being better, mainly because he's fucked up.

ralfsmith
Fri, 01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Can you provide me more information on this matter?

johntvery@operamail.com

johntvery@hotmail.com

ralfsmith
Fri, 01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Can you provide me more information on this matter?

johntvery@operamail.com

johntvery@hotmail.com