PDA

View Full Version : Too many questions about Bleach

eat_toast
Sat, 10-22-2005, 04:37 PM
I was thinking of the recent episode of bleach, specifically where Ukitake uses the Shihouin House's crest to destroy soukyoku, how there are families in soul society? do they all operate on adoption like rukia into the kuchiki family? That got me thinking. if they all died from earth then why do most not have memories, or not want to die, assuming they get reincarnated again? why do SS people get cool powers and earthlings do not?
i think im reading way too far into this, but (apart from having nothing else to do) i have to wonder what Kubo is thinking.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 10-22-2005, 05:17 PM
The parakeet boy explained that when people die and go to Soul Society, they rarely are united with their families, so they bind together in family-like groups.

I would like to know where a shinigami is supposed to go when they die... since clearly they can die.

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Perhaps that is when they truly cease to exist.

Also, not all SS people have "cool powers", only a select few do. It's like when Rukia and Renji were little, and that Captain told them they were powerful because they were hungry, or whatever. It's just like Ichigo, only a few people have the latent potential in them.

For everything else, I'm sticking with my theory that SS is also more of a parallel world. People are born there, but people also come there when they die. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Kensee
Sat, 10-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Ichigo is a special guy. Let just leave it at that.
Most people in SS are just souls and don't have special powers. A select few are able to tap into power and harness it (think Chakara =P but without the handseals) and/or just stronger than everyone else (case in point, Kenpachi).

It's like in the normal world where Ichigo lives. Some people have powers ranging from really strong (Ichigo) to medium (Chad and crew) to weak but funny to look at (Don and rest of the regular humans).

Umm ... I believe once you die in the real world you go to soul societ y and kinda live life again, the only thing is you age verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly. I mean VERRYYYYYYY Slowly. So you can die again or be executed in which I believe that you fade from exsistance entierly (if you executed) or you go to another plane of higher spiritual awareness. ( like ... a heaven for heaven.)

Nin10doman
Sat, 10-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Maybe if someone dies in Soul Society they are reborn on the earth, but with no memories of soul society, or something. Rukia (I think it was Rukia) was saying something about how the two are constantly exchanging souls and there's balance and stuff...or something...and yeah.

Anyways, the biggest mystery bugging me is that Hollow mask that appeared in Ichigo's clothes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif Also, the "white" version of himself that he sparred.

Turkish-S
Sat, 10-22-2005, 06:35 PM
And in what "village" (i thought there were 80 i could be wrong) you come depends on what you did in your preview life.

like ken was a bad personne and he was at village 80 or 79 (not sure). but if thiss is true then rukia would've been a evil bitch in real life. or it's just a plot hole... OR i am wrong with the "depends on what you did in your preview life.
"

Itachi_y2k5
Sat, 10-22-2005, 06:46 PM
doesnt ichigo wear that Shihouin House crest =S

Mae
Sat, 10-22-2005, 06:57 PM
One thing I don't like about Bleach is that this isn't explained very clearly. But I think that when Rukia was explaining to Ichigo about why Quincy's were bad she said that when a Quincy destroys a soul completely he disrupts the balance of souls traveling to and from soul society. I took that to mean that when someone "dies" in soul society their soul returns to earth to be reincarnated. That would just make soul society a stopping place for souls waiting to be reborn.

Nin10doman
Sat, 10-22-2005, 07:00 PM
But what's wierd is that I don't think Rukia was sent to Soul Society, but rather BORN there. That's what it seems like anyways.

That would add a little disruption to the theory.

Mae
Sat, 10-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Where did they say she was born there? She doesn't have any parents... and she's a soul (needed the false body). I thought she was a human that died but was different from the others because she had spiritual powers.

eat_toast
Sat, 10-22-2005, 07:43 PM
urgh. thanks to everyone who is trying to peice this together, it just bugged me how its so unclear the SS-earth system works.

Nin10doman
Sat, 10-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
Where did they say she was born there? She doesn't have any parents... and she's a soul (needed the false body). I thought she was a human that died but was different from the others because she had spiritual powers.

They didn't say it, but it's implied, I guess. She told Ichigo he was a "filthy human" when he was fighting Captain Kuchiki, and it doesn't seem like she has any memories of her time on earth...Her flashbacks are all of her as a child in Soul Society. I figured if she lived on earth they might have shown a few of those memories.

But maybe I'm wrong...she could've been alive on earth too.

Assassin
Sat, 10-22-2005, 08:17 PM
nobody in in SS has memories from thier previous lives. and she called ichigo a filthy human, cuz byakuya is a noblemen. his status is higher then those of normal humans/souls. its like a king vs a slave.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 10-22-2005, 08:35 PM
I figured Rukia was born on Earth and just died really young, like Renji.

heero
Sat, 10-22-2005, 11:13 PM
I find the story makes no sense. I just watch it for the action lol

Nin10doman
Sun, 10-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
nobody in in SS has memories from thier previous lives. and she called ichigo a filthy human, cuz byakuya is a noblemen. his status is higher then those of normal humans/souls. its like a king vs a slave.

I get the nobleman part, but the bird kid had memories of his time on earth. So I was just guessing that everyone who dies and gets sent to SS keeps their memories.

But like Azazel said she could've died really young or something...

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-23-2005, 02:30 AM
lol, heero's got it I'm afraid.

I still think the "balance" thing implies that their are souls born in SS and human bodies born on Earth. Souls are reincarnated (I suppose - there's no real evidence for this) and are born on earth. And bodies die, and turn into souls, travelling to SS. When someone is killed as a soul (by a soul slayer), they cease to exist. And there you have it....Balance.

basey44
Sun, 10-23-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
When someone is killed as a soul (by a soul slayer), they cease to exist. And there you have it....Balance

nup, soul slayers cleasne the souls, for hollows they remove the sins the person has done as a hollow and they get send to ss, against someone in ss it probably reincarnates then on earth, anything else though, such as quincy arrows destroys souls

6Zabuza9
Sun, 10-23-2005, 04:27 AM
u guys are thinking too much. i doubt the creator of bleach thought this much about it.

Masamune
Sun, 10-23-2005, 05:56 AM
gin will destroy everything!!! : O teh evil mastermind - my theory

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-23-2005, 06:28 AM
I'm pretty sure that when someone dies in SS they are reincarnated in the "normal world" and vice versa. Anything else seems unlikely.

Darknodin
Sun, 10-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by: Masamune
gin will destroy everything!!! : O teh evil mastermind - my theory

why? what would he have to gain from this?

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-23-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm still going with the idea that Aizen, for some reason or another, wanted to bring down Soul Society and was willing to die for it... Gin is probably in it with Byakuya and the rest are good guys.

PSJ
Sun, 10-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by: 6Zabuza9
u guys are thinking too much. i doubt the creator of bleach thought this much about it.

I bet he did. Building a story on just action is idiocy. Of course everything is well though out, that's the bacis for a good story, for example you can really see when something is made up on the spot and when something is well thought out. I have yet to find one of these, made up on the spot scenarios in Bleach, everything is extremely well planned.

As for the Parakeet boy having memories, that's clearly because he was a special case, his soul stayed on earth clinging to a parakeet instead of directly going to Soul Society and therefore he didn't lose his memories, that's how i see it anyway.

I also like the idea that Soul Society and Earth changes souls between each other, once you die in Soul Society you are reborn on earth as a new human and when you die in the normal world you are sent to Soul Society.

As for Rukia calling Ichigo a "filthy human" and her being born in Soul Society, well as far is i know you cannot be born in Soul Society. you simply go there after you die and that's it.

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Perhaps Rukia is some sort of short, bitchy space alien 0.o

isso
Sun, 10-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Perhaps Shes a real minx in the bing!

Assertn
Mon, 10-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Rukia already explained that the souls on earth and in SS cycle back and forth in the natural order of things. Watch the episode where they explain quincies, and how their destruction of hollows as opposed to cleansing them disturbs the cycle.

A better question would be: Why did the parakeet kid REMEMBER what his mom looked like when everyone else forgot?
I think i heard that the whole parakeet kid thing was filler, though

ISSO: what are you talking about?

eat_toast
Mon, 10-24-2005, 07:33 PM
@Assertn: well, i have seen that and i think i mistated my question earlier, regarding the whole state of reincarnation, it was just pointed towards all the little inconsistencies (like that parakeet, which wasnt filler because its in the english manga atleast) and unexplained things about bleach.

basey44
Mon, 10-24-2005, 09:16 PM
im pretty sure that in soul society people arrive there after dying on earth, and people are also born there, such as in the noble families like byakuyas, i cant really back anything up though because certain things havent been revealed in the anime yet

Nin10doman
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:06 PM
The other thing I'm wondering about is Hell. We know it exists, but wouldn't sending a soul there also disrupt the equilibrium between SS/Earth? Or is Hell a subsection of SS or something?

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Hell has nothing to do with Bleach.

Hell is for scaring little boys and girls into doing the right things in life and being good little sheep christians.

Assertn
Tue, 10-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by: Nin10doman
The other thing I'm wondering about is Hell. We know it exists, but wouldn't sending a soul there also disrupt the equilibrium between SS/Earth? Or is Hell a subsection of SS or something?

i was wondering about that too

@azazel: the hollow that had the parakeet went to hell in the series

Kraco
Tue, 10-25-2005, 05:15 AM
I don't buy that equilibrium explanation at all. It's just SS propaganda that was used to justify the eradication of Quincys. In fact it was so succesful propaganda that even some Quincys believed it (or at least wanted to believe to quit seemingly honourably). Later the ruling clans of SS (Kuchiki no doubt) decided it was such a convenient lie, as it could be used to justify action against any faction opposing Shinigami supremacy, that they made it the official truth and since then all the new Shinigami are taught it at the academy as a natural state of affairs.

Hollows can be destroyed by demon magic or other spiritual powers at leisure and nobody seems to care. Yet suddenly if they are killed by a Quincy arrow, which is basically just a form of demon magic, the soul is permanently lost and it's a great injustice. Yeah, right...

Well, this is exactly why I like this series so much!

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Don't trust anyone over thirty.

I originally agreed with what Basey had said, but now I think it's more like a cycle of reincarnation. That would maybe explain things like Ichigo/Kaien and Rukia/Hisana (that girl in the Byakuya's picture). EDIT: Whom I know nothing about because I dont' read the manga.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 10-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I don't think it explains Rukia/Hisana because Hisana died 50 years ago, and Rukia stated she's hundreds of years old.

Nin10doman
Tue, 10-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
I don't buy that equilibrium explanation at all. It's just SS propaganda that was used to justify the eradication of Quincys. In fact it was so succesful propaganda that even some Quincys believed it (or at least wanted to believe to quit seemingly honourably). Later the ruling clans of SS (Kuchiki no doubt) decided it was such a convenient lie, as it could be used to justify action against any faction opposing Shinigami supremacy, that they made it the official truth and since then all the new Shinigami are taught it at the academy as a natural state of affairs.

Hollows can be destroyed by demon magic or other spiritual powers at leisure and nobody seems to care. Yet suddenly if they are killed by a Quincy arrow, which is basically just a form of demon magic, the soul is permanently lost and it's a great injustice. Yeah, right...

Well, this is exactly why I like this series so much!

ooo, interesting take on it.

But now there's even more to think about... i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

I just hope that at some point some of this will be revealed to us...