PDA

View Full Version : Mystery of rings of Akatsuki Members

Jadugar
Sat, 10-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Mystery of rings of Akatsuki Members

All of the Atatsuki members have a ring on their fingers and each one has it on a different finger. Also each ring has Kanji inscribed on it. What does it mean?

Orochimaru still has his one. Will it be needed by Akatsuki to perform their final ritual/jutsu ?

Are they significant? Why does Tobi want one?

Edort4
Sat, 10-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Each akatsuki is a finger of the hands behind the scenes, the hands of the uber strong guy-monster that controls all their moves. Maybe the reason they need bijuus is to .. hummm.. resurrect him? take him from outers pace? another dimension? or maybe is just to grant him and their fingers enough power to rule over all ninja nations.

I just let my imagination run wildly, I don't really think that is the answer i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 10-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Ring meanings:

The leader - Void

Kisame - South

Itachi - Scarlet

Sasori - Jewel/Ball

Zetsu - Boar

Deidara - Blue/green

Taken from Wikipedia, I dunno how accurate that is.

Jadugar
Sat, 10-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Here is what I could find from searchng different sites

The leader : Rei ( Zero/nothing/overflow )

Kisame : Minami ( South )

Itachi : Shu ( Scarlet )

Sasori : Tama ( Sphere )

Zetsu : Kai ( Boar )

Deidara : Sei ( Blue-Green )

Orochimaru : Sora ( Sky )
Yes, he still has the ring.

Tobi : ?

heero
Sat, 10-22-2005, 11:10 PM
I think those rings are just a akatsuki membership thing. It's just to prove that ur in the gang. That's wat i think

Assertn
Sun, 10-23-2005, 01:46 PM
http://img420.imageshack.us/im...2/naruto255note6yt.png (http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/9942/naruto255note6yt.png)

those of you who don't follow shannaro's versions miss out on lots of little tidbits of info
also note: the finger that the akatsuki wears the ring on corresponds with the finger they stand on with that statue

Jadugar
Sun, 10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/4231/ringsofakatsukiv24dn.jpg

Strider
Mon, 10-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Reading over that again, their plan is definitely something bigger than putting the demons into each other.

That demon that they position themselves on so meticulously is probably some "World Cleansing" Demon .. that requires massive amounts of chakra, and said requirement can be met with the consumption of the Bijyuu.

The meanings behind the rings, though .. I don't know. Maybe it has to be with some incantation or poem behind the summoning / ritual for that monster.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-24-2005, 01:42 PM
I had always assumed the rings were just membership proof of their sooper sekret club. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Heh, I just noticed that Oro's ring says "kuu" which is more or less the sound he makes when he laughs...

...ku-ku-ku-ku-ku...

Strider
Mon, 10-24-2005, 03:40 PM
I agree that it also has to do with signifying their membership, but the fact the rings are not all uniform to present that it's a single bodied Organization, or the fact that they're worn on different fingers from the rest (which correspond to their position atop the "Bijyuu Devourer"), I'd think there's a lot more to it than just - "I belong!"

Thinking about this again, at the end of Part I, did the believed Leader of Akatsuki say that they don't have to worry about Orochimaru for three more years? If so, does this mean, they will need his ring. Otherwise, if Orochimaru simply left the Organization what significance would there be to retain the ring if it had no affect on any future actions? They've got to mean something. Or, they're just the Organization's super-duper decoder rings from the bottom of the Crackerjacks box.

Orochimaru's laugh rocks.

Yondaime
Sat, 11-12-2005, 01:29 PM
what they meant when they said they don't have to worry about orochi for another 3 years is because he can't take sasuke's body for another 3 years...and recently it has just become 6 days...but the reason is that orochi already with wide knowledge of jutsus and plus sharingan will be ultra strong...and no one will be able to defeat him....and also we can totally ignore the fact that since itachi's sharingan is worn out....does not mean sasuke's will be.....coz that takes time....so orochi will be strong enough to take on akatsuki and obtain the gathered biju for himself......SUPREME STRENGTH...

Assertn
Sat, 11-12-2005, 02:53 PM
It would be pretty lame if their plan with the demons are to gather them all to activate that uber statue thing.
Mainly because it would require them actually GETTING all the demons for it to take into effect.

At least with the "a demon sealed in each akatsuki" approach, we can see the results of their labor without going through the process of all 9 youma being captured first.