PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Because it is one of the best series of games ever I have decided that we need a topic about the games

So share your views on 'em here... favorite characters... weapons... moments... whatever.
Oh and if you spoil Resident Evil 4 I will fucking kill you (I'm only at chapter 3-3 as of now). i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Well as for me I've loved these games since back during the RE2 days, I remember how my mate bought it cheaply from another mate and we played it to death, man, it was really scary back then. Leon was my instant favorite character and he has remained that way, I still feel like he's the most interesting one of all in RE (the second being Wesker). I never owned a Playstation but when I got my hands on the Dreamcast I bought the RE3 port and Code Veronica, first I beat CV (AWESOME GAME, 95% because of Alfred Ashford of course) & later on RE3, many people think that #3 sucks and I can see why, but I still found it awesome because it was so much more action packed than #2 was. Then I got a Gamecube and got the RE1 remake, about time since I never actually played #1. Man, what an awesome game. I don't remember her name now but that shackled monster thingy, SHIT, I was so scared of her all the time. Gorgeous graphics and stuff too.

And so I bought RE4 today and I'm playing it like a madman, this has the potential of becoming my favorite RE. Leon is the main which is good, but it's such a fucking nice game, it feels like RE meets Devil May Cry with all the new action elements. <3 <3 <3

The only RE game which I didn't bother to play through is Zero, partly because Rebecca is a lesbo and partly because I didn't like the partner system. They should have made it 2player!!!

Anyway, my favorite REs in order:

RE4 (probably) > RE2 > RE:CV > RE1 (remake) > RE3 > RE0

And my favorite characters:

( Alfred Ashford >>>>>> ) Leon > Wesker > the rest... no but seriously, so hard to choose, they are all so memorable

Well, great games anyhow. Next!

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-22-2005, 12:07 AM
I had my first experience with RE when I bought the revamped Gamecube version a few years ago. Great game. Scary as shit and just as fun. The graphics made me cry - so beautiful (at that time; and still are).

RE 4 is even more awesome (from what I've seen of it). I've played it at a friend's house. There were about 5 of us and one of us was playing the survivor mode thing. I've only ever had as much fun playing Halo w/friends. The whole setup of the game is great. I also love how you can do the little retailation move things to kick the crazy mexicans off you. It's fun to see all the hidden character's versions as well (Wesker's is the best).

That's what inspired us to make the live-action Resident Evil parody we're working on now. We haven't gotten very far, but I rule as the main character i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Nai
Sat, 10-22-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
( Alfred Ashford >>>>>> ) Leon > Wesker > the rest... no but seriously, so hard to choose, they are all so memorable

I thought I was the only person who loved that cross-dressing psycho. He and Alexia were both awesome as hell.

"There was a friendly but naive King who wed a very nasty Queen. The King was loved but the Queen was feared. Till one die strolling in his court an arrow pierced the kind Kings heart, he lost his life and his lady love..."

Anyway, as for my favorites, RE4 would be first without a doubt. The gameplay is simply flawless. Yes, flawless. I enjoyed every moment of the game, and it's without a doubt one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. After that Code Veronica would come as I absolutely loved the story. And after that.. well, after that I'm not really all that concerned. I will however say that Resident Evil 0 is one of the worst fucking games ever created. Marcus "evil laugh" towards the end made me cringe.

As for my favorite weapon, it would be the Killer 7 in RE4 without a doubt. It was hot enough on Kadea, but on Leon it simply made me go "holy fuck"!

basey44
Sat, 10-22-2005, 01:38 AM
i dunno about res evil, i played one of them once and had a bad experiance with it, like the controls and stuff was sluggish and my damn team mates kept doing stupid shit and getting infected or something. i dont mind the camera and stuff but the way the character moves was painful enough for me to turn it off, especially after i got stuck in a house or shop or watever that you start in and couldnt figure out how to get out

edit: i just wanna ask seeing as ive only played one of them, and i know its basically a scarey as shit puzzle game, would my bad experiance be attributed to this one game, or are all of them similar in the way you move.

Nai
Sat, 10-22-2005, 02:53 AM
Resident Evil 4 is completely different in that regard. The controls are flawless and you play in an over-the-shoulder perspective. It's slick, quick and precise.

It's really a whole other experience. Nothing short of a revolution. So yeah, anyone who has not played Resident Evil 4 need to get the game. Especially if you disliked the earlier ones due to the locked camera and sluggish controls.

el_boss
Sat, 10-22-2005, 05:25 AM
RE 2 is easilly one of the best games ever made. I have lost count over how many times i have played it trough, but 20 per character should be about right, I have even attained the S-rank. I played first when it came out, I was like 12 or something and I almost shit myself. I love the part in the beginning were you have to dodge all the zombies without killing them so you can get the special key and get the new outfits. Favourite weapon is by far the Magnum and later when you get the Super Magnum it kicks almost too much ass.

I haven't played the other RE games so much, only played trough 1 and 3 once each. But I sure will pick 4 and when it is released for PS2 in november.

One game that scared me even more than RE is Silent Hill. The first game for PS1 is still fun to play, even tough the grafics are awful, since it was an early full 3D games were RE had prerendered 2D backgrounds. SH 2 is one of the best games ever made IMO. The plot, atmosphere, surroundings and enemies are all fucked up. SH 3 is also worth checking out but mostly for its awesome graphics and effects. I haven't played SH 4 tough since it seems to suck, but I might when I find it in the discount box somewhere.

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-22-2005, 06:18 AM
I only played SH1 in that series, but it was a wonderful game, extremely scary in that psychological way.

And....... Lisa i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Shuurai
Sat, 10-22-2005, 11:34 AM
My first experience was Resident Evil 2 on the original playstation. I got it as a present from my sister and instantly fell in love with the style of it. At the moment im playing Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 which played offline is utter crap however online is so much fun, Just imagine playing Resident Evil 2 with 3 others how fucking cool is that?, As for Resident Evil 4 im not sure whether to get it for game cube or wait for the ps2 release, Anyone?

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-22-2005, 12:09 PM
I hear the PS2 release has problems handling multiple enemies. That might be fixed for the release though...

I'm in chapter 4-4 in RE4 now, damn, game just gets better. I love how it's divided into chapters so you don't have to run across the whole damn map to find some stupid key like in the older REs i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

el_boss
Sat, 10-22-2005, 01:57 PM
I hear the PS2 release has problems handling multiple enemies. That might be fixed for the release though...

I'm in chapter 4-4 in RE4 now, damn, game just gets better. I love how it's divided into chapters so you don't have to run across the whole damn map to find some stupid key like in the older REs

In the review in Super Play (swedish videogame magazine) they only mentioned that the textures were toned down a little, except that it was a perfect port. It recieved the grade 9 out of 10 if anyone wants to know.

Shuurai
Sat, 10-22-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm definitely going to get it i just cant decide on PS2 or GC. I also liked the look of that chainsaw you can get for it that would be fun.

Nai
Sat, 10-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Personally, I would easily pick the GC version if I had the choice. Better control ( ... in my opinion. The wavebird is frickin' heavenly ) and better graphics. The PS2 version does however has some added weapons and costumes. You will also be able to play a more lengthy adventure with Ada Wong.

el_boss
Sat, 10-22-2005, 03:06 PM
I personally like the PS2 controller more, and I also have a wireless and I agree that that's among the best things that's ever happned to gaming. I think also for some reason the ps2 version is cheaper, from what I have seen in various online stores anyway.

basey44
Sun, 10-23-2005, 03:09 AM
so theres no RE on xbox?... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

el_boss
Sun, 10-23-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by: basey44
so theres no RE on xbox?...

Resident Evil 5 will be released on XBOX 360. That's the only thing I have found.

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-23-2005, 05:51 AM
You're swedish el_boss? Cool

Well if Super Play says so then it's probably good... haven't read that magazine for several years now but it's a good one.

Edit: I just beat RE4. Fuck that was one awesome game, I almost never left the GC while playing it. It took almost exactly 20 hours. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Taking a break now, but I'll return to finish Assignment Ada and get all the Mercenaries characters later. Hunk is the coolest agent evaaaar.

Now I need to buy the RE1 remake because I have a sudden urge of playing that one.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 10-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Finally peope who appreciate RE Code Veronica best RE game ever (Well excluding RE 4). I've played and beaten RE 4 (I'm thinking about playing again on the hard mode just because it's so much fun) my only problem with it is how they completly ditched the previous storyline and created a new one from scratch. Game play was flawless but one that one thing did still bug me a bit. Still RE games kick ass. Wesker kicks ass and the Asherford twins are some of the most wonderfully fucked up video game characters ever created. God it feels so good to finally find people who understand that.

Paulyboy
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Sweet, hey guys, the Resident Evil 4, for the ps2 is coming out tomorrow! New weapons, cutscenes, and a new playable character. Since last year I wanted to play the game, but I didnt have a gamecube, but now the time has come! (too lazy to buy gamecube!)

basey44
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:34 PM
cruel creul resident evil, why wont you come out on xbox

Strider
Tue, 10-25-2005, 07:01 PM
In terms of preferrence and favortism for the Resident Evil Series, I'd go:

01. Resident Evil 4 _
This game is easily the best one I've played. As others mentioned, it's flawless. I am a horrible gamer, though. I had this game since sometime late last year I believe it was, and I just began playing it last week as I noticed that this same game was coming out for PS2 today. I have been totally encompassed and enraptured by the gameplay, visuals and story. It's fantastic. I work, and work some more .. so, I haven't been able to dedicate more than an hour or two to it on a daily basis, but I'm at Chapter 4-2 and loving it!

For those wondering what system to get it for, pick it up on GameCube. The PS2 will not be as visually perfect, and this is said by the creators themselves. They admit to it lacking to the GC version. However, they are proud of the way it turned out and how close they managed to get it to match the GC version, by pushing the PS2 to its limits. Although, as compensation, the PS2 version will house a couple of special new weapons, costumes and approximately six to eight more hours of playing content in Assignment Ada. That's fucking huge!

02. Resident Evil 2 _
The first one I had ever played, and this game had me petrified. I picked it up a week after it came out with some money I think I won from C-Lo. I was in High School, and in the ninth or tenth grade. Me and two friends decided to play it that night, and it was pure comedy how terrified we were. I'll never forget that initial cut scene when the Licker's slithering closer along the ceiling. Man! This game rocked hard.

03. Resident Evil _
I played this after most of the others one, but I liked it a lot. I need to play it again, as I never even finished it. The controls were sluggish feeling, but that was obviously due to the time it came out in comparison to when I was playing it.

04. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis _
A lot of people didn't like this one, but I loved it for Nemesis alone. He was one badass enemy. The fact that he was fast as shit was also scary as hell.

.. I never played Code Veronica for more than ten minutes. But, judging from the comments here, I may dust off the Dreamcast and get to it once I beat Resident Evil 4.

In regards to the scariest game ever, though .. Resident Evil doesn't hold that title. This entire series holds nothing, NOTHING to Fatal Frame.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-27-2005, 11:40 AM
My fav horror game is still RE2 and one of my fav games of all time. Hopefully RE4 that i ordered will be atleast as good.

I havent played a good horror game since SH3.

RE: Code Veronica was decent but not near the best RE game.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-27-2005, 01:59 PM
I just bought the RE1 Remake and RE Zero, the prior because I never actually owned it and want to replay it (Lisa Trevor is so damn scary) & RE Zero because, as I wrote earlier, I never finished it. Well I've played for an hour or two and I must admit after playing RE4 so much I got spoiled with the awesome mechanics of that one, so it's almost hard to play the old games now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif But so far it's nice, I'm liking Marcus (the young version or whatever) because he's a bish who sings like a girl. Instant win!

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Well I just beat Resident Evil 0 and I was pretty disappointed overall. Not a bad game by any means, but probably my least favorite RE. I was expecting to see more of Wesker, Birkin and more importantly the Bravo team and Marcus himself. I wish they developed his singing and his character overall, because a mysterious whiteclad bish who sings in the rain is a fucking awesome concept - but they reduced him to some leech abomination in the end. Bleh. Oh and Capcom wasted their chance to show more of the Bravo team, which is really too bad because it would have made RE1 a lot more sad to play since you'd know more about all the dead Bravo members.

Edit: Who is the new playable character in PS2 RE4 btw?

GLS
Sun, 10-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Edit: Who is the new playable character in PS2 RE4 btw?

Ada Wong (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/61/Ada_Wong.jpg/250px-Ada_Wong.jpg)
Can't say I know much about her. She did appear briefly at the start of Chpt. 1-3

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-31-2005, 12:21 AM
Oh. So that guy was referring to her longer mini-game. I thought there was gonna be a new character in The Mercenaries or something.

Shuurai
Mon, 10-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Playing through RE4 im so glad i saved the wolf at the start it was cool when he tried to help me i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-31-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah that was pretty neat. Too bad the wolf didn't appear more after that.

Shuurai
Mon, 10-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Awww, I was hoping i could upgrade the wolf at the merchant i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Psyke
Tue, 11-01-2005, 10:23 AM
I wanted to find out how the PS2 version fared compared to the GameCube version, so I went over to the gamefaqs reviews (which were submitted by gamers), and I'm quite surprised by all the high scores it fared. Most of the reviews said the graphics were incredible even when compared to the GameCube. Most people predicted the PS2 version would be less superior than the Gamecube one though. I was one of them. Nevertheless, I'm encouraged by the positive reviews so I'll go get this game soon.

Terracosmo
Tue, 11-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Apart from the somewhat lowered graphical values it seems to be the exact same game - with a longer Ada mode.
So theoretically, the port is superior i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Well I recently beat REMake with Chris again, gonna do a Jill round soon too.

Shuurai
Wed, 11-02-2005, 01:08 AM
I've just got to the part in the castle where Leon and Ashley get sperated and got that annoying gremlin on my communicator

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-02-2005, 01:31 AM
lol "gremlin"

That part is nice, lots of great action. I loved the beginning of the castle part, when you had to sniper those guys by the catapults.
And those cultists are fun to fight too, I love shooting them in the leg and then doing a suplex on them, crushing their heads. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Awesome game. I need to go play it now, need more money for the secret weapons.

Shuurai
Wed, 11-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Suplex?, I thought you could only kick them once they were stunned.

Edit: Nvm i worked out how to do it.

Nai
Wed, 11-02-2005, 01:52 AM
Hey, don't go call Salazar a gremlin! That man ( ... half-man, child, midget, whatever! ) is PURE SEX!

... Yeah, I loved that evil little bitch through the entire game. One of the best villains ever.

http://www.gamefan.ru/residentevil/re4/pers/personaji-salazar.jpg

I mean, does it get more badass than a megalomaniac child with a napoleon fetish?

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-02-2005, 04:08 AM
The best part with Salazar involved was that one conversation with Leon...

"My right hand will take care of you!"
"What? It comes off?"
"Just die!"

LOL

el_boss
Fri, 11-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Just ordered the limited edition of Resident Evil 4 for ps2, can't wait to play it.

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Awesome, you'll love that game to death I can assure you!

Shuurai
Sun, 11-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Did anybody else have perveted thoughts involving Ashley and a banana? Was it just me?

aznimperialx
Sun, 11-06-2005, 03:25 PM
man you guys are urging me to buy eith resident evil 4 and resident evil Zero for gamecube

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Buy Resident Evil 4 before Zero, definately. Also get the RE1 remake before Zero, it's loads better - even if you played the PSX original.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-06-2005, 05:58 PM
I have only ever played one RE game, which was Resident Evil: Survivor. I thought it was pretty crap, didn't even bother to finish it. Are all RE games like that one or was that a one of crap version?

aznimperialx
Sun, 11-06-2005, 06:14 PM
resident evil for DS lol
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/act...9254&mode=previews (http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/residentevilds/news.html?sid=6139254&mode=previews)

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
I have only ever played one RE game, which was Resident Evil: Survivor. I thought it was pretty crap, didn't even bother to finish it. Are all RE games like that one or was that a one of crap version?

Survivor & Outbreak are spin-off series, and has nothing to do with the series in general.
And yes, it's crap.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-06-2005, 06:32 PM
So me having a PS2, what RE game would you recommend I get?

Terracosmo
Sun, 11-06-2005, 06:40 PM
RE4, without any doubt. It was recently ported from the GC too, so you can see it as destiny!

Edit: And then get RE:Code Veronica X, which is arguably the best one in the series after RE4 (it's the favorite of many). You might get spoiled by RE4's superior mechanics, but nontheless the older games are extremely good. And well after that... buy a Gamecube! Because the rest of the PS2 REs blow.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Do these games need a light gun?

Nai
Sun, 11-06-2005, 09:04 PM
No, they don't.

And actually, I'd recommend the same games as Terra but in a different order. Resident Evil 4 will REALLY spoil you. When you play it for the first time it's like the fucking doors of heaven opens up and offers you the most awesome gameplay ever. It's nirvana to say at least and it's really hard to go back.

So yeah, I'd recommend playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica X" first and then picking up "Resident Evil 4." You'll appreciate it way more. Then again, if you have no patience ( or not enough cash for the moment ) then just get 4 and enjoy it. You won't be disappointed.

el_boss
Mon, 11-07-2005, 07:26 AM

There does excist some RE lightgun games though. I don't know exactly what they are called, I think it's something like "gun survivor" or something like that.

Mite Gai
Mon, 11-07-2005, 10:17 PM
I am big fan of the Resident Evil series though I would have to say my favorite character would be Leon after playing RE 4 because I love how he has matured. I already beat the Gamecube version of RE 4 though I have now rented out the PS2 remake and I noticed during the part where I fought El Gigante the wolf did not show up to help me even though I helped him at the start. Has anyone else noticed this on the PS2 remake or is it just an error with my game?

Shuurai
Tue, 11-08-2005, 12:25 AM
It was probably an error, The wolf helped me and i have the ps2 version.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 11-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Hmm I have just been checking out reviews for both code veronica and RE 4... CV seems to get mixed reviews whereas RE 4 is a hit with everyone.

Anyone else on this forum like to say what they think of CV?

basey44
Tue, 11-08-2005, 07:40 PM
i always heard it was super awesome, but i never ended up buying it

Terracosmo
Wed, 11-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Hmm I have just been checking out reviews for both code veronica and RE 4... CV seems to get mixed reviews whereas RE 4 is a hit with everyone.

Anyone else on this forum like to say what they think of CV?

The only reason to that is because RE4 is, as already stated, an incredibly big revamp for the series - to the point where people who find the older REs to be too "slow" started adoring it. RE4 is as much action as it is horror, whilst the earlier games are less action (of course there's lots of shooting there too, but if you compare the games you'll see what I mean).

In short, CV is fucking awesome, and the people who say otherwise are lazy morons spoiled by RE4's mechanics.

Also, CV has a fantastic story.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 11-09-2005, 04:49 PM
So in short you would recommend I buy it?

GhostKaGe
Wed, 11-09-2005, 04:50 PM
CV is the shit the Ashford family make the Osbournes look normal and Wesker looks badass although steves voice annoys me

DB_Hunter
Wed, 11-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Right I have just ordered CV off the back of what you guys have said, ignoring some reviews from websites. Hope you guys don't let me down in this.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 03:23 AM
Right I have just ordered CV off the back of what you guys have said, ignoring some reviews from websites. Hope you guys don't let me down in this.

You will definitely not be disappointed.
Frankly, I have a hard time understanding how you manage to find bad reviews of the game to begin with. I don't think I've ever seen one.
Maybe some random one at GameFAQs but those reviews are written by stupid 10 year olds anyway.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm playing CV now... the game seems a bit slow. One draw back seems to be that if your carrying your full payload in items you can't progress in the game because you can't pick up vital items like keys and stuff. The story seems OK, nothing too gripping. I think it could also be improved if it was more action oriented... and the controls could be slightly better. I don't know where I am aiming sometimes...

Mite Gai
Fri, 11-18-2005, 12:03 AM
It is a dated game, so these things are going to be much more obvious now with the bar for horror games so much higher with RE 4 and other great titles overall that an old game like this seems mediocre, though the story will get more interesting, trust me. Oh, and Terra the bad reviews he was reading were probably on the recent re-release of CV on the GC which is with good reason since Capcom didn't upgrade the game at all like they did with RE 0 and RE 1.

el_boss
Mon, 11-21-2005, 06:13 AM
Yay! I just finished RE 4 and it is one of the best games I have ever played. This is one of the few games were I have actually enjoyed the boss fights. I'm going to play it again on Professional level now, wich me luck.

Terracosmo
Mon, 11-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Enjoy. You're in for a very intensive experience i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

UberSuperHACKER
Tue, 11-22-2005, 04:01 PM
REsident Evil 3 Nemesis was GREAT... I never knew that people disliked it, The Controlls were actually different, Instead of just shooting up or down and walking you could dodge and roll.. this is a vvast improvement to the way the game was played... code veronica .. well took those improvements to the combot engine away and made resident evil once again only about puzzles... I think the puzzles are great But imporved combat engine was great too. Havent played 4 yet (I only own an xbox... Becuase they are modable... I thoguth about getting a GC since you can mod them too now but I am too busy with school work)

I definatly replayed the PS version of Resident 3 Nemesis on my xbox (which was awsome...PS emulation on xbox is nice)

el_boss
Thu, 11-24-2005, 09:33 AM
I made it, I beat RE4 on proffesional. Fuckin' awesome game. But there were some minor flaws. There are like no puzzles at all, the "puzzles" that are in the game are pathetically easy. One thing that really irritated me was the inability to sidestep or strafe as it's also called. This is particulary annoying agains enemies that shot and throw stuff. But I guess the reason for this is to stay somewhat true to the cotrols in the previous games.

Have to say that Krauser is probably one of the coolest characters ever. Even though I defeated him using only the knife (bwahawhaw).

On a side note I think that this gave is very similar to Metal Gear Solid. The control system is somewhat similar and you sometimes sneak around and stuff. But the thing that is most similar is the plot and the dialogue, especially in the ending where Leon says to Hunnigan that she looks cute without glasses. That exactly what Snake would have said.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Yeah the whole com radio thing felt totally MGS too.

Also I don't think the lack of puzzles is a flaw. In a high paced action game such as RE4, puzzles would only slow you down, and to be perfectly honest - puzzles are gay. They are the biggest reason to why I don't usually replay old RE games...

el_boss
Thu, 11-24-2005, 10:59 AM
I guess you're right. But I actually liked the puzzles in the olden games. It was nice to get a little rest from the action, well I guess the merchant somewhat fills that purpose in RE4.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Occasionally yeah, but most puzzles in RE are either tedious or just plain annoying - and usually involve "running to old places you've been to before for no reason" i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

bagandscalpel
Mon, 11-28-2005, 02:48 AM
MUST GET HANDCANNON(and P.R.L.)...!

Well, other than that, I must say that Wesker has got THE best melee attacks out of any character in Mercenaries (just unlocked him today). Though I'm quite partial to HUNK's neckbreaker...

Speaking of which, is there any reason that (unknown letter)-virus benefits Wesker as opposed to zombify him?

And Krauser, what is the cause of his "claw?" One of the viruses, las plagas, or both?

el_boss
Mon, 11-28-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by: bagandscalpel
MUST GET HANDCANNON(and P.R.L.)...!

Well, other than that, I must say that Wesker has got THE best melee attacks out of any character in Mercenaries (just unlocked him today). Though I'm quite partial to HUNK's neckbreaker...

Speaking of which, is there any reason that (unknown letter)-virus benefits Wesker as opposed to zombify him?

And Krauser, what is the cause of his "claw?" One of the viruses, las plagas, or both?

I want the handcannon to, but it too much work. In time maybe I will get it.

The reason Wesker wants the Plagas is that he wants to revive Umbrella, that's the impression I got antway.

I think that Krauser is affected by Las Plagas but it could also be something else I guess. He works with Wesker and he "died" once so it could have some connection with that as well.

el_boss
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Sweet! I have the Handcannon. And let me tell you, it was worth it. Coolest weapon ever.

Terracosmo
Thu, 12-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Dude you are badass at RE. I can't even get 5 stars on one single level in The Merceneries...

el_boss
Thu, 12-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Dude you are badass at RE. I can't even get 5 stars on one single level in The Merceneries...
Patience is the answer young grasshopper. This is not a obstacle that is bypassed in one day. I just played one level per day and eventually I made it. If you play more, chanses are that you will kill yourself.

I have to say that playing Mercs has hugely increased my combat skills in the main scenario.

I have noticed that the Handcannon is very similar to the super-magnum in RE2. GET IT NOW!

Psyke
Fri, 12-09-2005, 07:26 AM
I just bought Resident Evil 4 for the PS2, and it's amazing! Currently still in the midst of chapter 2.....

Raven
Fri, 12-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Myself, I really like it when a puzzle is thrown in every now and then. It actually encourages you to think for a little while...

Terracosmo
Fri, 12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
RE puzzles aren't so much "thinking" as they are "random running across the whole map" though i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Raven
Fri, 12-09-2005, 06:50 PM
It's a nice break from the constant action though. But the RE puzzles are a bad example like you said. Now, a puzzle that really makes you think - that's refreshing.

Mite Gai
Sun, 12-11-2005, 09:34 PM
YAY! I unlocked Krauser and now I am enjoying ripping those stupid Mr. Salvadors (Super Dr. S's with two chainsaws, I got this term from an RE forum) apart with his arm. Oh, and using Krauser I got Wesker, who definitely has the coolest looking physical attacks, got to love the Chikyo Chagi.

EDIT: Now I guess I am off to max out the infamous handcannon which I have heard can obtain 99.9 firepower maxed out. The merchant's line was hilarious like usual when I bought it. Oh, and don't give up Terra it's all about the combos and the multipliers.

el_boss
Mon, 12-12-2005, 05:08 AM
@Gai: Just sell everything you have and upgrade the cannon. It gets 99.9 firepower and inf ammo and no reloads are needed.

Mite Gai
Tue, 12-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah, just did it and it was worth it even though I will miss my maxed out Red9 and TMP. And now I am pretty much God in the game as nothing can touch me though it makes it harder now to do physical attacks.

el_boss
Wed, 12-14-2005, 05:03 AM
Now you can throw away the game, since it's not fun to play anymore after you get the 'cannon i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mite Gai
Wed, 12-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Oh, I still have to get the PRL, then the game will become too easy, and I will stop playing for a few months until I lose my godlike plaga-killing skills and have to relearn the game all over again.

Terracosmo
Wed, 12-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Well after weeks of sporadic gameplay I've finally beaten all Mercenaries levels except one, fucking Water World with Leon. Goddamnit chainsaw bastard just won't die. I hate Leon's equipment, so incredibly boring to play as. Bah...

Edit: Wow, that was close but it finally worked.

Now I have the handcannon. Wee!

SamuraiX-
Sat, 12-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Just a shout out, played through Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis in the past two months, and I'm ready for Resident Evil 4. Even though I had already beaten all of the three previous titles, just decided to do it again to kick off the release of RE4 for the Ps2. ^_^

Note: Just beat RE3 today actually, and I had completely forgotten how much fun it was, since it was based more on the action department, unlike the previous two titles, which were mainly based on horror, and puzzles. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Although.... playing RE3 did bring back some of the most troublesome puzzles in all of Resident Evil...

*shutters thinking about the "water sample puzzle"*. XD

Terracosmo
Sun, 01-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Dude, that is SO true. Damn that puzzle! Seriously, the water sample one was the only reason I never bothered to replay RE3 more times to get more epilogue files.

Idiocy. >_<

SamuraiX-
Sun, 01-01-2006, 08:06 PM
I feel you Terra, hehe. I was just about to break the T.V. with my first time on that puzzle.

I just kept telling myself... "WTF IS THE POINT OF THIS?!!?". Seriously, do people really have to do that to check the condition of large masses liquid substances in real life? O_o