PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 281 Raw

nests
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:26 AM
High quality Scanlation (http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33OPZRODGYDD231VUCM616TNLD)

darkmetal505
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:30 AM
not to bad

except for the monkey

nests
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Is that a guy or a girl at the endi/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Edit
Apperantly its a girl and her name is Sai

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Is it just me or does Sai look remarkably like a filler character. Heheh I wonder if anyone else found Diedara strangling tobi with his legs to be funny. Seemed out of character for two guys who are supposed to be badass. I really wonder what direction the next arc is going to take.

Masamune
Thu, 10-20-2005, 11:29 AM
hahahaha gai is crazy

kAi
Thu, 10-20-2005, 11:46 AM
I liked a few parts in this chapter, nice content of humour.
Gai giving Kakashi a piggy back, Lee calling it training and telling Neji to hop on the Neji's reply "Hell/Fuck No!"

Deidara and Tobi's 'strangulation jutsu!', heh that was good. Deidara made some good faces also.

A new character will be arriving and seems to be Sai will be on Kakashi's team,

Who is this person? They're already in Konoha.
They want the demon, or the demon dead, but killing Naruto is much easier than getting onto the team just to kill him.
I feel that they're subordinates of Orochimaru.

ramuva
Thu, 10-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Could be, that this "Tobi/Sai" is what akatsuki is creating from Jinchuuriki. Thats why it/him/her does not have any grasp on emotions?

Assertn
Thu, 10-20-2005, 12:06 PM
sweet....a character like soujiro!

Dionysos
Thu, 10-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Soujiro was way cooler

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Wow I can't believe I just got this pumped. It seems my longing for a new and better arc was so big that all it took was to see Deidara's face and I feel like a fanboy again.
Even better when Deidara is the best character ever. LOL @ akatsuki comedy. Strangling jutsu power!

I also laughed at Neji's reaction to Lee's offer of carrying him lmao!
oh and Sai looks interesting. I have this feeling he/she will stick around for some time.

Bring it on Kishi, show us that you still can do a good story!

RasenDori
Thu, 10-20-2005, 01:52 PM
soujirou was cooler cause he didnt have to fake the smile, he did it unconsciously. i loved the comedy in this chapter, it was refreashing. i get the feeling that sai will betray his leader and become and full out good guy. no one hangs out with naruto and remains emotionaless.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 10-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Sai reminds me of Haku.

Necromas
Thu, 10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
The Lee trying to carry Neji thing, PRICELSS!

Also Kakashi's expression as Gai carries him i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Knives122
Thu, 10-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Billy Bandages......? whatever works for me, Sai and BB look like they're up to no good.

but then again Kishi never tells us anything until the last minute so I'll be optimistic about the duo

Borg-Sy
Thu, 10-20-2005, 08:32 PM
I wonder if that BB guy is a Konoha traitor or some spy from any other country. I would like him to be somone besides the usual Sound (not counting the Akatsuki's collage nor the fillers) to start up some new shit.

Neko Haruko
Thu, 10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
About Sai being a girl.... I could see why you would see that by the body and all.... But it doesn't fit. In all the teams we have seen, there have been 2 guys and a girl right? And wouldn't "she" have more of a chest? She is 14 or so since "she" is Naruto's age so you would think you could see if "she" had a chest. The looks are alot like Sasuke, emotionless THE EYES!!! so I think a guy seems to make more sense....What do you think?

Raven
Thu, 10-20-2005, 08:46 PM
I liked how this chapter had 3 seperate parts - a bit of closure for the good guys, a small little Akatsuki comic relief, and the mysterious introduction of a new character. Good stuff. A nice change from dragging out yaoi moments into entire chapters.

By the way, how do we know Sai is a girl? Looked like a boy to me, albeit a bit feminine.

Strider
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
sweet....a character like soujiro!

Going with Assertn on this one.

Sai's another Seta. Albeit, far from the originator of empty smiles. Soujiro owns Konoha.

On topic, I think Sai's a boy. Soft spoken, and demure - or so he'll act.

In addition, someone pegged it. He won't remain this way. The way EVERYONE's been ranting about Naruto being able to change anyone and yadda, yadda, yadda .. this "Billy Bandages" is going to get pissed he's lost his student, come for them on his own and whip out some unseen uber shit.

Overall, good chapter. I read the translation prior to downloading, and from the "Page 10-12: Awww .." I thought they hugged. I was preparing myself to be furious.

Lee's face in preparation for Neji to get on his back was HILARIOUS. As well as Neji's, in accordance with his response.

Team Gai forever. I'm done.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Still no Sasuke!!! i/expressions/brokenheart.gif

Awell, maybe next time. (I have my hands full catching up with Bleach right now anyhow!)

i/expressions/devil.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:49 PM
I thought they were going to hug too.

I at least wanted to read the board's responses after another two finger handshake.

mage
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:06 PM
naruto is going to fight sai and make him cry and be full of emotions -> end of arc.

nests
Fri, 10-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Just thats basically it but with a couple of figths in between
You know the more I look at it the more this Sai looks like boy

Jaredster
Fri, 10-21-2005, 01:46 AM
I thought Sai was the third Uchiha for a second.

RasenDori
Fri, 10-21-2005, 08:50 AM
sais hips look like a girls, but thats the only feature. i dont care... every since haku and sakon ive learned to always assume anime characters are guys until othewise notified.

Yezsyr
Fri, 10-21-2005, 02:58 PM
I think, and this is just a thought, that perhaps these people are Uchiha. Since I really doubt that Kakashi was being refered to when Itachi said that "then three people would be capable of using this doujutsu". I also doubt that he was refering to three people in history, because that means that there was only one other user of the Mangekyou, and Itachi's father sid that there have been very few. Few means more than one. I think that this may be a group of Uchiha that left the clan for the same reason that Itachi did. To escape the constraints of the clan and the village to achieve real power. Maybe..?

But on another note, this Sai is stronger than anyone in this generation, meaning Naruto, Neji, and Lee. So we can assume that she's at least at the Jounin level. Curious much.

Assertn
Fri, 10-21-2005, 03:29 PM
I doubt it.
In order to infiltrate the village, Sai has to have some sort of history to connect him to konoha (and if that connection was being an uchiha, then everyone would know about it)
For Kabuto, his connection was being adopted into the village as a little boy.

Interesting to go through the whole kabuto scenario again, except this time filling the viewers in on it from the start. I'm curious to see where kishimoto takes this.

Strider
Fri, 10-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Ditto.

And as Terra said, the direction in which Kishimoto takes this can definitely renew some faith and seriously arouses interest.

I would imagine that this Sai person is of a higher calibre, and is very suited and / or skilled for this mission. Otherwise, what would be the point of sending him / her? Everyone has a specialty. This one maybe a Kabuto-type -- espionage and allure.

These people aren't Uchiha. Please, give up on more Sharingan users. This introduction of new people, new villains, new countries / villages is what we need. A refreshing start heading in different directions.

Good chapter. Again.

Edort4
Fri, 10-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Well I doubt that this sai or that BB are spies, I mean they have quite a big building with a big and clear mark of konoha(so I supose that is inside the hidden village). It would be ridiculous to have an spy organization on a building of that magnitude inside konoha(which is the best hidden village or seems like, because everybody wants to defeat 'em).

So making the point that they arent some foreign spies I come to think that they are truly konohas, somekind of powerful clan, or maybe part of the konoha council(those elders that talk to jiraya about the decision about he new hokage). They maybe found tsunade and his soft attitude with naruto dangerous for konoha, after all naruto is the kyubii wich almost destroyed the village and killed a lot of ninjas. Many ppl should be afraid of him or cautious. Maybe some konoha ppl with influence are affraid of naruto releasing the kyubii or want to prevent him to fall on enemy hands by any possible means(like killing him if necesary). So introducing some1 in his team to watch over him, with the strength enough to kill him if something goes wrong, seems logical.

This would be neat and very reasonable looking at overall history, maybe on this plot we can see that hokage is not like a god. As far as we have seen hokages seemed like all powerful leaders, but that doesnt make much sense, there are always powerful lobbies, or influence groups. This could be some intern political plot wich would be awesome for me.

Just wishfull thinking i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hakeem_21
Sat, 10-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Yeah its clear that Sai and the old man is from Konoha the thing is what they want from Naruto. They might be a part of anti naruto faction in konoha. They cant be working for Oro since he dont care about Naruto.

Masamune
Sat, 10-22-2005, 04:17 PM
about the same as above.

Maybe sai is from a squad which keeps an eye on naruto.. or rather the kyubi.

also Sai will be converted by the curry of life!

Edort4
Sat, 10-22-2005, 08:24 PM
ohh 2 things i didnt notice before, no naruto next week i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif everytime I read that it pains me because all there is left are... fillers! (want to cry). The other thing is the detail of narutos' hand being moved by sand, its a nice detail (and naruto seems more mature now, this arc has shown a reflexsive naruto, with a lot of emotions going inside of him and his reactions have changed considerably)... seems that garaa stil has some power, maybe less than before but still moves sand, good signal. Just reading again the words of shizune and his worries makes me more confident about some ppl distrusting naruto and tsunades "reckless" orders.

kAi
Sat, 10-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Although Orochimaru didn't want Naruto before he did say things like kill the boy and all that shit, but his mind could've changed over the situation, he could use Naruto as a bargaining chip towards the Akatsuki, although I don't see any of this happening, it's a possibility.

I've over looked what I was thinking before, and yeah this is another party that are most likely after the demon.

Also, if Sai is indeed a Konoha ninja, then he'll have needed to go through the academy exam, and such, and therefore people would know his name, but for this mission it's Sai, so it seems it changes often. I don't think he went through the academy, but rather was taught by that old guy, and maybe some other people, but how would Sai get on Naruto's team, wouldn't there need to be some history on the person, or at least know that he's a capable ninja, although this part could be coming up a little later, in the form of some type of exam (chuunin) maybe, but I don't think that'll happen, just spouting ideas.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 10-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Oro is stupid as hell i mean who cares about sharingan when he can try to take over a body thats has the kyubi chakra and become the strongest ninje of them all.....

Oro might be after Naruto cause the last time he saw he was very angry at naruto, he might want to kill him but he is to stupid to want Kyubi power.

Since the old man said Sai is the best in his generation its seems that he went to through the exam maybe some year before naruto and co. Cause when he says his generation he must the kids in konoha.

Also its easier to make him a member of naruto team if he is known to be best in konoha in his generation.

kAi
Sun, 10-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Wy give him a new name then? If he is so known, wouldn't he be found out straight away?

Edort4
Sun, 10-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Im not saying that this is the case only giving a pausible explanation. Maybe Sai is the name of a real gennin/chunnin from konoha, who have died, disappeared been killed or kidnaped, and this new Sai is going to supplant him/her. Or some other convenient plot device, is too early to know everything.

nests
Sun, 10-23-2005, 03:48 PM
High Quality Scanlation now out
look on first post now to get it (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=13&threadid=16616&STARTPAGE= 1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear#top)

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-23-2005, 07:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/281_17.jpg

THE BEST NARUTO PAGE EVAR

Oh and no chapter next week because Kishi needs to find new material. Gee how fucking hard can that be after this shitty arc? Anything he gives us now will be good.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 10-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
Wy give him a new name then? If he is so known, wouldn't he be found out straight away?

Maybe Sai is just a codename. The old man will call him that until he finishes the mission.

Just like how Raiden got his codename in Metal Gear Solid 2 if you have ever played that game.

mage
Sun, 10-23-2005, 11:03 PM
wtf? tobi comes out of nowhere and they start playing fucking games with him, deidara has no arms and doesnt even care, this sai character is already turning out to be gay

the fuck is going on? naruto sucks.

Dezalanel
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:20 AM
Man get a sense of humour this chapter rocks. The Gai/Kakashi scene literally made me lol for the first time in a while in Naruto. Then followed by the Dei/Tobi scene made it great. Also this Sai character greatly interests me. SEEMS to be a girl(keyword SEEMS), I could be wrong since we all know how Kishi is but I hope to god he does not have a belly shirt on a guy cause then he is just toying with us too much lol. Also Sai is said to be the STRONGEST of her generation. Maybe she is a Jinchuuriki? Or she is just an awesome ninja we will see.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 10-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah this chap was the one in a long time that was funny.

mage
Mon, 10-24-2005, 12:47 PM
akatsuki members shouldnt be playing around with each other like kids on a playground, it just seems totally out of character.

Assertn
Mon, 10-24-2005, 01:23 PM
actually, i love it

you never see a major group of villians have their own comic-relief character

Hakeem_21
Mon, 10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah you dont see that often plus Diedara face looks funny even when it isnt suppose to be funny.

nests
Mon, 10-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Did anybody else notice that when Naruto shakes hands with Garaa he uses his sand to reach for Naruto's hand.
maybe this means that he is still able to control the sand with just thinking about it

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-24-2005, 09:33 PM
There is nothing better than serious villains being goofy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong and should therefore die, or something to that effect.

urahara_rulez
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:33 PM
villains have feelings too ya know? other than demonic creatures or some obsessed-crazed-genius, in fact i think villains in most stories have stronger, richer feelings than the stars or the heroes, that's the reason some villains are villains, for example, Big Boss of MGS i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Lucied
Mon, 10-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by: nests
Did anybody else notice that when Naruto shakes hands with Garaa he uses his sand to reach for Naruto's hand.
maybe this means that he is still able to control the sand with just thinking about it

Yes, when Naruto was talking about not being good at shaking hands Garaa uses sand to pull up Naruto's hand.

rockmanj
Tue, 10-25-2005, 01:29 AM
nm....but did u all check out the sexual tension b/w naruto and garaa i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

kaigan
Tue, 10-25-2005, 08:56 PM
humor is always something everyone should enjoy. that was awesome.

Assassin
Wed, 10-26-2005, 12:36 AM
the humor was good, but i found it a little odd since akatsuki is supposed to be hardened criminals and all. Although it sorta fits deidera's personality, i didn't expect zetsu to say 'now you've pushed his limit' or whatever.

the gai/lee scene was priceless though, as always.

as for this new character, i can't wait to see how things turn out. I just hope we dont have a filler-esq case where this emotionless ninja becomes all soft and cuddly because of naruto. one way or another, someone needs to die at the end of this new arc.

one question though, when that old guy says he's "made arrangements" for sai to be in kakahis's team, what exactlly does he mean? i jsut thought that the guy was one of the elders that accompany the hokage, and thats how he could make this stuff happen. but some of you guys are suggesting that the duo arent from konoha?

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-26-2005, 10:45 AM
I just think it's cool that Sasuke is getting replaced in Team 7. I didn't think that would happen actually. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chet_chetty
Wed, 10-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Sai is probably a genius too.

edit - which sorta goes w/out saying him being the best of his generation and all i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Well duh, everybody are geniuses in Naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Wed, 10-26-2005, 02:14 PM
except lee

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-26-2005, 02:16 PM
You mean the genius of hard work?

Knives122
Wed, 10-26-2005, 03:49 PM
naruto isnt a genius either you know

rockmanj
Wed, 10-26-2005, 04:19 PM
neither is sakura, or any of the young female characters, for that matter

chet_chetty
Wed, 10-26-2005, 05:20 PM
i mean genius ninja like kakashi/sasuke/neji/etc.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 10-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah the only real geniuses in Naruto are Kakashi,Sasuke,Neji.

I hope Sai has some new moves and not moves we have seen before.

kaigan
Thu, 10-27-2005, 12:54 AM
you forgot about the kickass of all kickass......

mr. Itachi.....

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah but Itachi is alot more than genius,he is much more than just a genius.

Assertn
Thu, 10-27-2005, 03:24 PM
im pretty sure the more literal concept of genius in the naruto world is "someone with a bloodlimit"

Strider
Thu, 10-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Kakashi was given a Bloodline Ability, and was considered a genius far before that.

Jaredster
Thu, 10-27-2005, 05:40 PM
It's just someone who is good at something without doing any work to achieve it.

2:25
Thu, 10-27-2005, 07:27 PM
High quality Scanlation (http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33OPZRODGYDD231VUCM616TNLD)

The link didn't work...
Can I get it somewhere else?

chet_chetty
Thu, 10-27-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm trying to denote the difference between a genius and a genius ninja. Sakura is supposed to be crazy book smart so she may be a genius at learning and comprehension but she's not a genius ninja. Rock Lee is a genius at hard work meaning that there are very very few that have it in them to exert that much effort...but still he's no genius ninja. Genius ninja tend to be gifted all around in ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu (although some slack can be given because we know Sasuke, pre-time jump, is a genius ninja but he and probably noone his age were gifted in genjutsu).

edit - so yeah I'm saying Sai is a genius ninja.

nests
Fri, 10-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by: 2:25

The link didn't work...
Can I get it somewhere else?

works fine
Try this one anyway Click (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JVBW86B)

Fri, 10-28-2005, 03:04 AM
Got it from the latter link you provided. Thanks, nests ^^

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-28-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm I the only one whose pissed at Kishimoto? After being put through all of those damn fillers he dosen't deserve a break. It anything he should be working overtime. I really hope he cooks up something interesting for the next arc. Although he shood get his fricking act together. That's bullshit taking a week off. Damn you! Damn you kishimoto!

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-28-2005, 11:03 AM
He is seriously fucking lazy. There is no mangaka who takes frequent breaks as often as he does. He should hire an assistant or something to help him out.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-28-2005, 11:25 AM
I'll recommend this again for those of you who haven't seen it. If you're tired of waiting through shitty arcs just to get rewarded with sub-spar main story developments, go and check out Hunter x Hunter. It is, in my opinion, where everything good that is in Naruto originated from, and spares you all the crap. One of these days I'll write up a detailed analysis and comparison, but I want to rewatch that awesomness to ensure that I include everything.

Lefty
Fri, 10-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
He is seriously fucking lazy. There is no mangaka who takes frequent breaks as often as he does. He should hire an assistant or something to help him out.

He already has an army of assistants. I think he's trying for character development on both side and it's ending up to be really bad exposition.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 10-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Damn Kishimoto for making free comic books for you all and failing to do exactly what you want him to do. That has to mean he's lazy, there's no other explanation.

Necromas
Fri, 10-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
Damn Kishimoto for making free comic books for you all and failing to do exactly what you want him to do. That has to mean he's lazy, there's no other explanation.

Woot, someone finally shows a sign of having a damn brain!

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 10-29-2005, 01:49 AM

They're not free. We're stealing.

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-29-2005, 01:55 AM

Exactly, you ungrateful bastards. I hope your firstborn will be a hermaphrodite, and that you all die young, perhaps killed by the hermaphrodite in question.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 10-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

They're not free. We're stealing.

And stolen goods are free!

Jaredster
Sat, 10-29-2005, 01:16 PM
So we are complaining about what we steal...

Sat, 10-29-2005, 08:54 PM
So therefore we should start stealing something better. =X

ChaosK
Mon, 10-31-2005, 10:33 PM
was i the only one who thought there was too much homosexuality in this chapter? though it was some funny stuff

Sakura: put them in motion and its even worse...
Lee: NEJI COME!
Neji: I REFUSE!
--
Diedera: DEATH BY SUFFOCATION!

nests
Tue, 11-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Check it out

Dunno if this has been posted yet (if so, mods, feel free to kill this thread), but I have found proof - that's right, incontrovertible proof! - that Sai is, in fact, a wee-wee bearer, a member of the unfairer sex, a dude, a macho, a - yes, indeed - a BOY.

Behold, non-believers!

http://shonenjump.free.fr/Preview02.jpg

Hah! What do you say to that?! Huh?! .... ....

..... *crickets chirping*.... .....

I see. You cannot see exactly what I'm talking about. Fair enough. Here is the close-up (it's not actually a close-up, it's just - well, I circled the section of interest):

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3845/proof5be.th.png
Big version (http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proof5be.png)
So, what does it say? Glad you asked:

ÊëÈnMkþŒ_ntncSho

Translation no jutsu:

What is the true identity of the mysterious young boy that has appeared before naruto!?

In case you are wondering, there is near zero room for interpretation. The word is one you all know: "shounen", as in "shounen jump" as in "jump for boys".

So unless another mysterious young individual presents himself before Naruto next chapter, this refers, indeed, to the mysterious young boy we saw the previous chapter - SAI.

kAi
Tue, 11-01-2005, 08:26 PM
This is interesting, I didn't think we would see them together so soon, well that may be the last page and you just see them infront of each other, but I want to see some talking between the two.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 11-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Yeah their meeting wasnt expected.

Wonder what will happen.