PDA

View Full Version : Bleach and Naruto

AnimePunk
Wed, 10-19-2005, 06:45 PM
DO NOT BASE YOUR REPLY ON THE NUMBER OF EPS THE ANIME SERIES HAS

I pick these two anime series because they are both popular series

Again I would like to see if anyone has change there opinion on both of these series

Which one out of the two anime series do you like best?

I have to pick Bleach, ep 54 was fuckin awsome. I pick bleach b/c of all the bad ass fights

Sorry if i broke any rule's

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 06:52 PM
BLEACH.

Naruto is good but Bleach is awesome. Even Bleach fillers are better than Naruto fillers. Lets hope the upcoming episodes are just like ep 54 or even better.

aznroyale
Wed, 10-19-2005, 06:54 PM
bleach is just too great

DB_Hunter
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:04 PM
I have seen only the first ep of Bleach and I'm not too impressed... seems to have the same cliche's in Naruto... strong must protect weak... established fighter amazed by skill of new guy...

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:07 PM
You are missing out big time. The anime will pick up after like 7 or 8 episodes.

Darknodin
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
I have seen only the first ep of Bleach and I'm not too impressed... seems to have the same cliche's in Naruto... strong must protect weak... established fighter amazed by skill of new guy...

atrong protect weak... uhm isn't that what nearly ALL fighting animes are about... seriously... short of maybe Hellsing (even then...) I can't think of anything where this is not a theme...

and yea... this show is a like a crescendo... starts slow but then pick up and keeps going up and never going down...

masamuneehs
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Wow, tear me in two why don't you?

The overall idea behind Bleach (Shinigami, Hollows, Soul Society) is better than simple ninjas and apsiring youths, but the technical and complex aspects of the Naruto battles (filler excluded) rivet me in a way that Reiatsu (Bleach's version of DBZ's Power Levels) and Slayer Releases (Bleach's version of DBZ's Super-Saiyan thresholds/ different villains' physical manifestations) just don't do...

Each show has an even spread of great, mediocre and crappy characters. Good character development and interactions in both.

Both have good blends of humor, though I tend to prefer Bleach's slapstick antics, perversion, and zaniness to Naruto's childishness and naievety.

But all in all, I'm going to have to say I prefer Bleach to Naruto. Not just because I'm sick of all of the Naruto filler (as I expect we'll be subjected to some long Bleach filler in due time) or because right now Bleach is interesting and Naruto is boring (though this surely influences everyone's opinion on some level) but because I really really love the style of animation in Bleach and how it seems a little more mature than Naruto. Naruto is just too kiddy for me sometimes... Bleach takes the cake when it comes to fascinating camera angles, detailed character animation, cool visual themes (the way they animate the pressure of the Reiatsu is fucking kickass). Naruto does have the best fight sequences and battle animation, but it is too inconsistent and Bleach's isn't much worse.

Splash!
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:35 PM
BLEACH, unless it gets infected by the filler plague

DB_Hunter
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Which series has better music?

FrogKing
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:50 PM
I echo alot of masamuneehs' statements. I have been watching both Bleach and Naruto (begining with Naruto), and although I think that Naruto has some of the best actions segments, Bleach overall does have a more mature theme and animation to it. However, the poster is catching Naruto at the middle of a downward spiral and Bleach after one of the best episodes to date, so the comparison is tainted by current episode biases. In the end, Bleach is more compelling to watch; the supporting characters have more depth and the world that Kubo Noriaki has created is awesome.

Spoiler below if you haven't followed current Bleach episodes...

As per great camera angles, how about when Renji is hit with Byakuya 's reiatsu...I love the way the camera angle follows the bead of sweat then fly's up the wall to show Byakuya waiting!

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Score, I'm the first person to say Naruto (edit: besides DB_Hunter).

But that's only because...well, I'm more familiar with it (because I've known it longer). There are scenes in it which really get me; and overall I can't make an accurate decision. I say Naruto, but I'm not saying I like it all that much better than Bleach.

For me, it breaks down to the action, comedy, and emotional aspects of each.
Action: they're both pretty similar, though different (as masamuneehs said). So they're about the same for me. Both rock like no other - just in different ways.
Comedy: Bleach wins. I prefer the comedy in Bleach. Kubo Tite has SUCH a better knack for comedy.
Emotional: Naruto. I can't feel for the characters in Bleach in the same way. Even the "emotional" scenes in Bleach don't get to me all that much.

So I'd say Naruto. But on a numerical scale of my preferences, they'd be separated by a only few decimal places.

And yeah, episode 54 was fuckin' awesome.

Nin10doman
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Bleach. It has more boobs.

I mean animation and themes and stuff.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:30 PM
I pick Bleach. When my Naruto fandom was at it's peak, it was way higher than my current fandom for Bleach is now - even though that one is very high.

Thing is, though, when I was into Naruto I was still fairly new in the world of manga/anime. Thus, my standards weren't exactly the highest. Looking back on that series, there are of course lots and lots of great stuff, but overall, it's too predictable and occasionally too bland for my tastes. Both Naruto & Bleach have their fair shares of stereotypes (which shounen show doesn't have the occasional DBZ reference?) but I'd say that Bleach pulls it off better. Also, Bleach has way better characters. Sure Naruto has Neji, Kimimaro and stuff but it feels like that series doesn't take any chances. Killin' off villains then moving on the plot. Rarely do I react to anything that happens in Naruto with a "omgwtfhzfzfao!!" but in Bleach I get surprised all the time. Anyway about the characters again. There is noone i absolutely hate in Bleach. There are of course the obligatory cute female kid, obligatory kid genius, obligatory etc, but nobody pisses me off. I don't like Yachiru very much but I don't mind her either. That's when you know a series is really good. Naruto has several characters I'd trade my Yzak collection for to be able to slash the throat off of *cough Hinata Sakura *cough*. Despite Bleach having an enormous cast, there are few characters we know absolutely zero about. Kubo Tite adds quirks and stuff that make the chars memorable. Naruto has several characters that have appeared in lots of chapters and yet nobody gives a shit about them. Kishi focuses way too much on Naruto, Sasuke and their stupid cliche relationship.

The only field in which Naruto is better is music. Music in that show is good, fitting and catchy. Bleach has some really AWFUL tracks, like that song in which some chick that sounds like Whoopi Goldberg is singing. That one which Bud likes for some god forsaken reason...

Then again Bleach counters by owning the shit out of Naruto's worthless ops/eds...

Oh almost forgot. Bleach is fucking funny. Naruto's comedy makes me giggle at absolute best.

Lucifus
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:49 PM
NARUTO STRAIGHT UP!

Munsu
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah, fuck off.. that song is awesome... "Number One"

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Bleach has a Phoenix. Nuff said.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
Bleach has a Phoenix. Nuff said.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Lucifus
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Naruto got a Nine Tailed Demon Fox Monster inside him.................hehe =P

Turkish-S
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:18 PM
nr. 120038948523 bleach-vs-naruto threads...

but BLEACH ofcours...

reason: CHARACTERS.... the main chars of naruto are just lame
we have naruto who only got 2 jutsu's
we have sasuke little traitor basterd.
we have sakura...euuhmm lol
on the other hand we have bleach
ichigo one of the best main chars in a good anime EVER. i can't really explain why but it's just a fact.
rukia i like her the least of the whole bleach.. but still WAAYY better than sakura.
all the FUCKING AWESOME captains they are just badass, all of them are.

another reason is commedy. i never laugh at naruto it's more stupidity than fun. while with bleach i laugh all the time. last epi for example the rukia throw was just LMAO.

And i can go on for ages... so i'll just stop.

masamuneehs
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Yeah, fuck off.. that song is awesome... "Number One"

Holy fucking hell. I thought I was the only one who liked this song! I've put it on mixes and sing it in the shower occasionaly. Totally kickass pump-up music that really gets me going.

Honoko
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:41 PM
no, i love that song too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif whenever it starts playing i automatically start looking for that "ichigo kicks ass" moment i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif this, and for all the reasons mentioned above is why I prefer Bleach over Naruto. If you think about, the "feel" of Naruto from the beginning is way different from the way it is now (manga or filler) whereas Bleach has been a lot more consistent. Or better yet, changed in such a way that it sucked you in helplessly and started to make you wanna sing like "some chick that sounds like Whoopi Goldberg is singing" i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-20-2005, 01:33 AM
Ditto and a whole lot more in regards to "Number One".

That song owns like no other i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I have put it on repeat several times. It also fits the mood perfectly whenever it is played. lol @Masamuneehs for singing it in the shower. So true...

Naruto's music is by far much better on the whole though. Nothing gets me going like the Naruto ost.

Nai
Thu, 10-20-2005, 01:55 AM
Bleach makes me laugh more than Naruto. Naruto makes me more excited than Bleach... or well, at least it used to. Ishida is hot. Sakon is hotter, but then again he's freakin' dead. As you can probably tell, I'm having a hard time making a choice. I used to love Naruto to death, literally. I used to wait for every episode like some fucking kid waiting for Santa. Naruto was also the show which really got me into anime. So yeah, the show definitely has a very special place in my heart. Sadly, the recent fillers have made me more or less uninterested in the show. The characters I used to love are starting to feel extremely trite ( OH MY GOD, OROCHIMARU IS BEHIND THIS!!! ) and the whole world is starting to feel boring and uninspiring.

With that said, right now I really prefer Bleach to Naruto. However, as Terra also said, my "Bleach fandom" is nowhere near where my "Naruto fandom" used to be.

Knives122
Thu, 10-20-2005, 02:40 AM
theres only one way to settle this GOOGLE FIGHT!!!

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/7987/untitled7bn.jpg

Masamune
Thu, 10-20-2005, 03:26 AM
I prefer bleach over naruto.

Most of all because of the characters. they feel alot deeper then naruto's.

And something interesting is that its not good guys vs bad guys.
they're fighting against ppl who protect humans, so its good guys vs the good guys.

PSJ
Thu, 10-20-2005, 04:54 AM
Bleach is the better as of now since it got interesting characters, Naruto doesn't have that same amount if depth in the character department. As Terra said there are the obligatory cute girl and the boy genius but even the cliché characters got diffrent sides to them. Character-wise Bleach wins by a long shot.

Bleach also got that great way of incorperating humour into very unexpected places, which is a very good thing that Naruto doesn't pull off att all. Humour goes to Bleach as well.

The action is to many the most important aspect of an anime, Bleach got freaking badass swords that transform and shit. Naruto got jutsus that at most play around a bit with diffrent elements. Swords are always cooler than hand-to-hand combat! Bleach wins.

Story, well Bleach got a fairly original story and the bad guys can be concidered good as well. Naruto got that "i'm gonna become *insert title of the strongest here*" that so many shows have. Bleach wins in story to.

Music, well as prefer manga over anime the music isn't really something i think about to much, but Naruto got some cool tracks, the Bleach songs haven't made me stop and think about them even once exept for the first ED that sounds like they are singing some parts in skånska(part of sweden where they talk wierd). Oh my god!! Naruto won this one!!!!

Bleach: 4
Naruto: 1

As you can see Bleach won quite easily.

thefuzzyfatbunny
Thu, 10-20-2005, 07:36 AM
As of right now i prefer Bleach but when i see those Kyuubi eyes in a fight Naruto will be my favorite again

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-20-2005, 08:49 AM
A lot of it is the "flavor of the month" effect. Admit it, we all liked Naruto. (If you didn't, well, that's good for you) But it got stale. Then Bleach came along. You switched camps and said "Bleech iz teh b3st!!!!" I wonder how many people really got into Bleach before eps 14, where Ichigo wails on the Menos. I know a lot of people that posted "WOW, this show is the best!!" AFTER that eps. I actually liked the earlier eps of Bleach a little better than where it is now in the series. It is great, but it just feels like it lost the general feel of the series that you get from the early eps, the first opening, and the title panels of the manga. If you've seen the title pages, you'll know what I mean exactly.

Naruto is also good. I loved the series (later I would abandon it for the manga, and then altogether). Who doesn't like ninjas? Naruto was hilarious, he did really stupid things, and the character dynamics of the series are great. The Zabuza arc is very impressive, one of the best I've seen in a lot of anime series. But like I said, it got a little stale.

I voted for Bleach, because I really like the style its founded on, even if it's drifted from that a little bit now.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Aw come on, don't act like you guys won't have your head up Naruto's ass once the intended storyline commences.

As I'm feeling right now, Bleach is better, it's unpredictable... and what has been said so many times before, its music is one of the only things inferior to Naruto.

isso
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I pick Bleach. When my Naruto fandom was at it's peak, it was way higher than my current fandom for Bleach is now - even though that one is very high.

Thing is, though, when I was into Naruto I was still fairly new in the world of manga/anime. Thus, my standards weren't exactly the highest. Looking back on that series, there are of course lots and lots of great stuff, but overall, it's too predictable and occasionally too bland for my tastes. Both Naruto & Bleach have their fair shares of stereotypes (which shounen show doesn't have the occasional DBZ reference?) but I'd say that Bleach pulls it off better. Also, Bleach has way better characters. Sure Naruto has Neji, Kimimaro and stuff but it feels like that series doesn't take any chances. Killin' off villains then moving on the plot. Rarely do I react to anything that happens in Naruto with a "omgwtfhzfzfao!!" but in Bleach I get surprised all the time. Anyway about the characters again. There is noone i absolutely hate in Bleach. There are of course the obligatory cute female kid, obligatory kid genius, obligatory etc, but nobody pisses me off. I don't like Yachiru very much but I don't mind her either. That's when you know a series is really good. Naruto has several characters I'd trade my Yzak collection for to be able to slash the throat off of *cough Hinata Sakura *cough*. Despite Bleach having an enormous cast, there are few characters we know absolutely zero about. Kubo Tite adds quirks and stuff that make the chars memorable. Naruto has several characters that have appeared in lots of chapters and yet nobody gives a shit about them. Kishi focuses way too much on Naruto, Sasuke and their stupid cliche relationship.

The only field in which Naruto is better is music. Music in that show is good, fitting and catchy. Bleach has some really AWFUL tracks, like that song in which some chick that sounds like Whoopi Goldberg is singing. That one which Bud likes for some god forsaken reason...

Then again Bleach counters by owning the shit out of Naruto's worthless ops/eds...

Oh almost forgot. Bleach is fucking funny. Naruto's comedy makes me giggle at absolute best.

Damn, the MAN has spoken, just as I feel.. =) lol.. It's excatly the same for me, the first thing I saw after Neon Genesis was naruto..

dark maginn
Thu, 10-20-2005, 02:24 PM
i go with bleach but naruto is good to

ChibiYali
Thu, 10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Naruto was one of the first anime I watched, and in the beginning I had quite some catching up to do, downloading lots and lots and basically tearing away at the episodes, because I loved them i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Compared to the start of bleach, the first bunch of eps of naruto were better.. The first time I saw ep 1 of bleach my mind went "riiiigghhhtt.." but decided to just keep watching to see where it went... Fortunately.. it went to teh awesome!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Overall, I like bleach music more than I like the naruto music, but I'm one of the few... bleach ones I want to grab immediately, and I even got used to happy people i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
I loved D-tecnolife, and I think the current op song from bleach kicks ass i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Don't know why, but I just do i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Both shows sometimes have you guess to whether a character is male or female, even though naruto is better at non gender descriptiveness i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Bad guys... bleach definately owns... (to anime people: it'll all make sense.. trust me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

In the end, if I leave out the fillerness of naruto.. bleach still wins... but just because it has that thing that naruto hasn't.. perhaps it's the slightly more mature approach and a "darker" setting, or it's the fact that flinging rukia through the air is just slightly more funny than tsunade throwing chairs at her minions where the chair ends up with a bump...

I haven't decided what's more fun though... naruto farting, or don kanonjia doing it... *looks thoughtful*
perhaps we can do a poll on that too!

Oh...
Perhaps it's an idea to try this comparing thing again when/if naruto gets back on its feet and continues with the story i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif see if we still feel the same...
Maybe I'm just overly hopeful i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

basey44
Fri, 10-21-2005, 11:07 AM
bleach wins very easily for me for a few simple reasons
PLOT (it has one, instead of evil ninja of the month, or that god dammed orochimaru) anime viewers will understand what were talking about soon enough

and CHARATERS, the characters in bleach are all like us, theres no im evil so im gonna do evil stuff, they are all human with different reasons for doing what they do, like tousen

granted the zabuza arc was the best, but after that it all went downhill and become less about ninjas and more about something else

Yukimura
Fri, 10-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Bleach, and I agree with the above. but for me the one thing that edges it out for me is story!

The pinnicles of Naruto for me were the fights that really meant something to the heart of the charachters.
Haku fight, Lee vs Gara, Naruto vs Gara, Sasuke vs Naruto, Oro vs Third

Honorable Mention: Neji vs Kidomaru, Hinata vs Neji, Neji vs Naruto

In most of these fights the fighters learn something about themselves and grow or, rarely, the world of the Anime changes as a whole as a result of them, in addition to simply being really badass fights. The problem with Naruto is that many of these fights don't affect the overall direction of the story. Charachter growth is good, but it needs to be used for something. In Bleach everytime Ichigo fights he learns more and improves, and he's also fighting for something specific, namely to protect someone from something. Bleach stopped having the choppy bouncy saga style that Naruto has fallen into very early on. The fact that about 60-70% of Bleach has been about accomplishing the same goal, save the tiny little trash-talker and see what happens in the process makes it that much more coherant and enjoyable than Naruto's loose "I'm gonna be Hokage, Bitch" plot.

That said, Naruto is awesome as well, but i'm much more happy since waiting for a Naruto sub to come out I noticed that lots of people were downloading Bleach and tried it out.

Aramis
Sat, 10-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Even if I don't count the fillers, I'd say Bleach wins by a little. However there was fights in Naruto that are better than anything Bleach has presented so far. Besides that it''s hard to give Naruto any respect due to how it's been like for the past few months.

KaosSinner
Tue, 11-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Bleach and Naruto are both great animes (in other words too commercial). Bleach is a better quality anime lets say. The plot is more original and isnt that shitty kiddy way of Bad ninjas against good ninjas, whos in which side and lets see who wins. Thats just too childish. Naruto only surpases Bleach in the music and the fighting. Otherwise I think Bleach would be thousand times better. Now personally I dont like any of them. i heard rumors about Bleach starting to release fill up episodes soon, just as Naruto is doing right now. That diserves a kick in the ass. In the end Bleach is better. Watching Shakugan no Shana right now. Awesome anime, think its better than Naruto or Bleack. I would recommend you guys start watching it NOW.