PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy

airabdul
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:52 AM
first of all, l wanna say hi to all. this is my first time here cus l am a bit new anime fan i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
l just downloaded the final fantasy VII l watched it and it was awesome but l am curious about 1 thing its final fantasy VII so are there 6 more of them like 1 2 3.. ?? if there are othere final fantasy series does animeone got seed of them also?

Question answered.

GotWoot Moderator

Aeon
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:58 AM
If you're talking about Advant Children and I think you are then it is the only true Final Fantasy movie. Spirits Within should never be considered part of the FF Franchise.

masamuneehs
Wed, 10-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Final Fantasy are a group of video games, dating back from the early 1990s to today. They are Role Playing Games and the most recent the 11th, was an online multi-user RPG. The most popular game from the Final Fantasy (FF) series is Final Fantasy 7 (FF7). This game was developed for the Playstation by Squaresoft back in 1997 (not sure on the date).
NONE OF THE FINAL FANTASY GAMES ARE LINKED. FF1 is not the first part of the story and FF2 its sequel. They are totally independent games. (the only sequel was to the most recent game, FFX, called FFX-2)

Recently the CG movie Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children was released, due to the lingering popularity of the game. An anime short that deals with an important event in the game was also released, ff7: Last Order.

Like Aeon said, there's never been other Final Fantasy movies except for the the Sprits Within CG movie, a huge flop in theatres. The CG animation is fantastic, but the characters are flat and the story is pretty boring.

I think there might have been a totally unrelated anime series with the Final Fantasy title in it, but I have always heard that it is horrible, and since it has no relation to any of the games, I've never bothered to look for it.

PSJ
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:00 PM
The series you think of is Final Fantasy Unlimited. I don't know much more than the name though. The character designs are decent and it has nothing to do with the FF franchise as far as i know.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:06 PM
yes Final Fantasy Unlimited, it's a kind of stupid show but it does have lots of chars from several final fantasies, like moogles, chocobos and summons but it really isn't worth watching