PDA

View Full Version : Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

KitKat
Wed, 10-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Ok, so it's been a while since the last sig competition. But I was thinking, wouldn't it be fun to mix things up a bit and put a different spin on it?

I dunno if you guys have ever seen this, but last year my housemates watched a lot of TLC and among other things there was this show called 'What Not To Wear'. Basically, the premise was that they found someone with a really ugly wardrobe and bought them a whole new set of clothes. I was thinking it might be fun to do something similar with sigs where we find someone with a really ugly sig (maybe do this in a tasteful way, since people might not like their artwork being called ugly......maybe get people to volunteer, so they make their own judgement of how ugly their sig is) and everone who wants to participate in the contest makes a sig for this person. Then at the end the person chooses which sig they like best and replaces their ugly sig with that.

So what do you guys think?

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-19-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm game. This sounds like fun. We'll improve Gotwoot one sig at a time i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Wed, 10-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Sounds great, i love the idea.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Very cool KitKat, lets get it going.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Maybe we should pm some people with a bag sig or no sig at all.

PSJ
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Let's advertize it in the General Discussion forums, i can do it if you think it's a good idea.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I think thats a great idea. Go for it!

LOL, this is starting to fell like a TV show...

PSJ
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Hehe, yea somewhat. I'll start with the ad right away, i'll post here once it's finished.

EDIT: Okey, while i was writing the ad, i thought of something. We don't really even have set rules or anything, so maybe we should let this topic stay here for a while and decide on some rules and the way to carry out this competition, once we have done that we can post a new topic with rules and everything and then do the ad. I got the whole ad saved on my comp so i'll post it once it's appropriate.

NM
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:44 PM
@Phoenix: The contest sounds like a really cool idea but I don't think pm'ing people with bad sigs is the right way to go. Everyone loves their own sigs and it'd be disrespectful to just pm someone and say "Hey! We're having this contest where we take a bad sig from someone and make it better! Can we use yours?". i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Very good idea Kat! We should start getting different contests in here regularly to keep this section of the forum alive, other than just the "Request" thread and "Post your new sig/wallpaper here" thread. PSJ makes a good point about the rules. Here's a two I thought of:

1) The new sig we take can be a size that the user wants, but it must stay within GotWoot's sig restriction.
2) Only people who use the forum regularly can get a new, revamped sig. People who sign up and make one thread and leave can't since it would be pointless.

PSJ
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:58 PM
The rules sounds good.

I think the person we choose for this gets to choose what character etc. he wants on the sig, after that the artists can do whatever they want, not much regulations at all. But i also think we should give the artist free choice of size, texts and whatnot since the person we choose for this gets to choose the one he likes. If we let him give to much specifics it would just be like the request thread competition style.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
@Phoenix: The contest sounds like a really cool idea but I don't think pm'ing people with bad sigs is the right way to go. Everyone loves their own sigs and it'd be disrespectful to just pm someone and say "Hey! We're having this contest where we take a bad sig from someone and make it better! Can we use yours?".

Didnt think of it that way i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Don't I feel like an ass....

Anyway, those rules do sound good. We do need the characters and color scheme also.

KitKat
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Yay! I'm glad people like this idea!

As for rules, I was thinking that whoever volunteers for the contest needs to have had their sig for a significant time before the contest started, just so we don't get someone making a crappy sig in Paint and being like, 'Look, I have an ugly sig, pick me." It should be someone who has been proudly displaying a sig of gloriously substandard proportions. Also, I'd say give them leeway to request ONE thing at most. Otherwise, it restricts us a lot in how creative we can be. Also, if the person doens't give too many specifics, it adds to the challenge for us to research what that person likes, how they post, and to create a sig that is an accurate representation of their personality.

PSJ
Thu, 10-20-2005, 04:31 AM
I like what i read KitKat. Some good suggestions right there. From those who volunteers i guess we could do some kind of voting to see which of them will be the lucky one for this competition, like people can vote on who they think needs a new sig the most. The only slight problem i see is how we choose the ones that are nominated for the voting out of those who volunteer. Maybe we can pick some judges who gets to nominate a number of the volunteers, i thinking maybe KitKat as the founder of this project and maybe 2-4 more judges that KitKat choose.

Koyuki
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:16 AM
What about "Extreme Makeover: GotWoot Edition"? Kinda like KitKats idea.

NM
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Actually, maybe we can use every volunteer that we get. Here's an idea:

Depending on the amount of people that want new sigs (regular forum users only), we can make it into a tournament bracket, so to speak. It'll be two people per round for someone who wants a new sig. Whichever sig the volunteer chooses is the winner. Lets say that Turkish-S, Terra, SK, and Chaoskiddo wanted new sigs. So the matchups would be...

Turkish's sig - PSJ vs. Phoenix
Terra's sig - NM vs. KitKat
SK's sig - Kage vs. Itachi
Chaoskiddo - Foomanchew vs. Eurasian

And it'll all be organized into a tournament bracket. If Turkish chooses PSJ's sig, PSJ will move on to the next round to make a sig for somebody else and go up against me or Kat, depending on what sig Terra chooses. Obviously, alot of volunteers would be needed for this. Just an idea, feel free to change any aspect of this if you think its a good idea.

EDIT: Koyuki, I like the title for the contest. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Interesting, that would make the contest longer and way more fun. I like it.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Extreme Makeover: Gotwoot Edition. LOL Thats awsome. I've been trying to come up with a title also,
but that one beats all of mine.
The setup that NM gave sounds great. I like the fact that multiple people can partisapate and the vs.
is cool also. A braket system is great for this type of comp.

PSJ
Thu, 10-20-2005, 03:07 PM
if it's extreme makeover we should include an ava to.

Splash!
Thu, 10-20-2005, 04:33 PM
i have an ugly sig, sign me up as one of the volunteers who needs a change

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-20-2005, 04:34 PM
We have our first request!!

3 spots remaining.

PSJ
Thu, 10-20-2005, 05:24 PM
We don't know the number of spots until we have artists showing an interest or do we just have 8 spots and after 8 people have applied we wonät let more guys in?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 10-20-2005, 06:19 PM
idk, but we need enough to do a couple rounds so I guess we cant be picky with who we make new sigs

And this isnt a graphics forum so I'm not expecting the choices to be really fair.

This is what I think a sig should be judged on:

Flow
Render blending
lighting
contrast
color
originality
actual amount of work done (cropped render + a couple brushes shouldnt win shit)

idk cant think of anything else

KitKat
Thu, 10-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Kage, who were you thinking would do the judging?

The way I sorta imagined this would work out is basically a few people choosing one person to make a sig for, and the person chooses the sig they like best to use to replace their current one. Something like this would be a little less competetive than a true sig competition.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-20-2005, 07:35 PM
I was thinking whoever got there sig picked would move on to the next round.
For example:

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/8336/untitled1copy5hn.jpg

A and B make a sig for someone. He likes A's sig better, so A wins
C and D make a sig for someone. He likes C's sig better, so C wins
C and D make a sig for someone. He likes A's sig better, so A wins
Each round will make a sig for someone new.

PSJ
Fri, 10-21-2005, 09:41 AM
The only way we can make it as fair as possible is if we do the same character, generally a sig turns out better if it's got a nice flow, good render blending, lighting, contrast and a somewhat original touch.

A cropped render and some brushes usually doesn't turn out as good as something with more work done to it. And as you said Kage this isn't a graphics forum so we can't really expect the judging process to be totally fair in that aspect, the winner will simply be the one that made a cooler sig(in the eyes of the volunteer).

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 10-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by: KitKat
Kage, who were you thinking would do the judging?

The way I sorta imagined this would work out is basically a few people choosing one person to make a sig for, and the person chooses the sig they like best to use to replace their current one. Something like this would be a little less competetive than a true sig competition.

when I said judging thats basically what I meant, the person who the sig is being made for should take those things I listed into acount when they pick

Assertn
Fri, 10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
if you are developing a project for a client, you dont give them a list of criteria that they should judge your work on. They call the shots, and only they decide what they like and don't like

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 10-23-2005, 10:00 PM
So we gonna get this thing started or what?

PSJ
Mon, 10-24-2005, 09:07 AM
That's what i want to know. We probably can't do anything until KitKat decides on the rules and we got enough volunteers. I could post that ad in General Discussions so that we get some volunteers.

KitKat
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Alright, let's set this up!

Extreme Makeover: Gotwoot Edition!!

Rules: 1) Volunteers must be somewhat regular forum users (this is subjective, and will be left up to our discretion to decide)
2) Volunteers must already have been using a signature which they consider to be low quality or 'ugly'
3) Volunteers must agree to use the signature and avatar which they select at the end of the competition
4) Volunteers can make only one general request prior to the start of the competition. This must be a statement that contains only one thing, which is not too specific or overly restrictive to the artists. i.e. "I want a Bleach-theme" or "I want it to be pink". Statements like, "I want a grunge style sig using a picture of Naruto using rasengan with Jiraiya on his frog on the side and my name on the top right side." will be disregarded and all of the requested elements will be specifically excluded. Also, do not pm the artists telling them what you would like. Keep to the spirit of the competition and have a sense of adventure. The idea is that you will be happily surprised by what the artists come up with.
5)Artists will have one week from the start of the competition to finish their signature and avatar entries. Artists may not pm the volunteer asking for hints. However, artists are strongly encouraged to do some research into the posting history of the volunteer and create a sig that they feel best represents the personality and interests of the volunteer.

Unless anyone else wants to add any more rules, I think we're good to go. PSJ, you can post up that ad and we'll see who volunteers. In the event that we have too many volunteers, we'll decide on a way to narrow it down. Probably just get a few of us together on AIM or something and make a decision. Then we can start the photoshopping!

Phoenix20578
Mon, 10-24-2005, 11:36 AM
KitKat, are we going with the braket system with this(like in my earilier post) or another.

BTW, the finalized rules sound great. Hope some people partisapate or this won't be fun at all.

PSJ
Mon, 10-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Posted the ad. It is really good if i may say so myself.

KitKat
Mon, 10-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Looks good, PSJ! Maybe we should post one in General Anime or Naruto too, since there a lot of people that post there who don't wander into General Discussion.

As for the bracket system, it all depends on the number of volunteers we get. If we get a lot of people signing up, we can totally do it. If less, we might have to have maybe 3 people doing one sig and the winner moves on from the group of three.

Dezalanel
Mon, 10-24-2005, 03:43 PM
I'll sign up. My sig is definitly subpar. I could use a new one.

PSJ
Mon, 10-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Yay the ad works. Sure KitKat i'll post one in the Naruto discussion to.

Deadfire
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I don't even have a sig because I haven't gotten around in making one...and it makes me sad to post any as my lack of sig makes people disreguard my post as it will made by a person with not style...

I wish to Volunteer for a new sig and will cohear to the rules as posted above

PSJ
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Not true, you haven't been aorund for to long. Once people start to recognize you it will become better. People tend to disregard noobs a bit, just keep posting good posts and you'll get noticed sooner or later.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 10-24-2005, 05:05 PM
I dont want to make avatars...

I guess it really doesnt matter, but yea.

PSJ
Mon, 10-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Making an avatar takes like 2 minutes.

You should be able to spare 2 minutes making an ava.

Mon, 10-24-2005, 08:35 PM
I want to have a new sig mine is getting a little out of date...

The rules are good ones and definitely easy to follow

sign me up!

my theme: Intelligence

Phoenix20578
Tue, 10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Okay, we got Dezalanel and 010577 so far.

KitKat
Tue, 10-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Hurrah! This is looking good. I say we keep accepting volunteers until Thursday, and then start the competition, and have the entries due in a week. And sorry to inconvenience you Kage, but an avatar really will only take you a couple minutes, like PSJ said i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jadugar
Tue, 10-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Am I too late for the new sig. Plz make me a new one. Look at mine. Its ugly.

2:25
Wed, 10-26-2005, 01:50 AM
I 'll volunteer too if there's still room i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
One request: Don't bother making an avatar. I want to keep my original one.

KitKat
Wed, 10-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Awesome! We should be able to accomodate all the volunteers so far. And if we pushed it we could squeeze in 1 or 2 more. 2:25, if you take keeping your avatar as your one request, that should be fine.
Splash, I'm going to assume you're not volunteering anymore since you have a new sig.
Deadfire, I'm not sure you meet the criteria of eligibility. I'll consult with a couple of the others on AIM tonight and let you know tomorrow if you qualify. For the other volunteers who haven't given their one request yet, feel free to do so, or feel free to make no requests at all and leave everything as a surprise.

Artists: If you plan on participating, please pm me today or tomorrow so I can set up the tournament brackets and have that ready for when we start on Friday.

Koyuki
Wed, 10-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Nice, looks good. Cool that you used my name suggestion.

010577: Was going to ask if you wanted a new sig, cause I'm kinda embarresed of that sig. One of my first ^^

Wed, 10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by: Koyuki
Nice, looks good. Cool that you used my name suggestion.

010577: Was going to ask if you wanted a new sig, cause I'm kinda embarresed of that sig. One of my first ^^

Lol hey man long time no talk... yeah I thought I make a new one since I've had this one for a long time... but it's been nice having it and it sure was good ... Thanx man!

If I get chosen and you enter the competition... gonna keep an eye out for ur artwork fo sure!

EDIT: doesn't mean I'm favoring anyone just paying homage to my sig creator

Liquid Echo
Thu, 10-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Hey, if you're looking for people to makeover, mine's just 3 frames stuck together in paint, I'm sure someone could do better...

The only thing I ask is that it fits my name a bit, Liquid Echo, however you want to interpert it. You don't HAVE to take a literal interpertation of the words, just something that seems fitting of the name.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Sorry, but the rules are clear on this:

1) Volunteers must be somewhat regular forum users (this is subjective, and will be left up to our discretion to decide)
2) Volunteers must already have been using a signature which they consider to be low quality or 'ugly'

You may qualify with rule 2, but you haven't been around enouph to qualify for the
Extreme Makeover: Gotwoot Edition. You can still go and request one at the Sig/banner Requests thread.

Contestents so far:

Dezalanel
Jadugar

KitKat
Thu, 10-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Well, I'd say the rules are more about who we give priority too. Depending on the number of artists that are participating, we may need extra volunteers. I say we take the regular members as our primary volunteers, and put the others on a waiting list and include them if we need more rounds to complete the contest. This is highly dependent on the number of artists that participate though. So just a final reminder to all you photoshoppers, pm me today with your intent to participate, and tomorrow I'll have the tournament schedule ready and we can begin.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 10-27-2005, 04:55 PM
If we dont get enough people to make sigs for we can just start makin them for other designers not in that specific battle.

Liquid Echo
Thu, 10-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Ah allright, didn't see that first part...

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-27-2005, 05:17 PM
OK even though I just got a new sig made, I'll sign up... seems as though I'll be making the designers' life easier and getting more i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

To count as two people (if that is allowed), I would like a DBZ sig and a Naruto sig. The rest is over to you guys.

Edit: An accompanying avatar would also be nice.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 10-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Whatever, Im down for it. Btw its just Kage, I dont go by Kagemane_no_Jutsu cause thats gay and I cant change it here.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Kage it is then.

KitKat
Fri, 10-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for......EXTREME MAKEOVER!

The first round is called 'Member Upgrade', and we'll be making sigs and avatars (minus one for 2:25) for our lovely volunteers.

Group A
Kage and NM will be making a sig but no avatar, for 2:25 (see, I'm looking out for you Kage i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif )

Group B
PSJ and Phoenix will be making a sig and avatar for Jadugar. Since he made no particular request, you're free to use your full creativity.

Group C
GLS and Koyuki will be making a sig and avatar for Dezalanel. Again, no particular request. Dazzle us with your skillz!

Group D
Kit and Eurasian. This sig and avatar will be for 010577. Theme: Intelligence.

Round 2 - New look for the Newbies
Let's show some of our new members what gotwooters are made of by decking them out in gorgeous new signatures and avatars that they can wear with pride around the forums.

Group E
The winners from groups A and C will be making a sig and avatar for Deadfire.

Group F
The winners from groups B and D will be making a sig and avatar for Liquid Echo. Request: somehow suit it to the username.

Final Round - The ugliest of them all....
Ok, so not really the ugliest, but this round is for DB Hunter. Up until last week, he'd had the same signature as long as I'd been coming to the forums. It was poor resolution, the image was squshed, his avatar I made for him way back in my beginning Paint days. Out of all the people that signed up, he wore his ugly sig with pride for the longest time, spanning a period of years. So, not to devalue the lovely workmanship of his new sig, we are still including DB in the contest and dedicating the final round to him. Hopefully if he has more nice sigs he'll never to back to using his old one. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Just to finish up, a few logistics. Try to have your sigs submitted by next Friday, and we'll have the volunteers choose on Saturday, then start the next round.

PSJ
Fri, 10-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Phoenix gets 2 chances aawwww!!

KitKat
Fri, 10-28-2005, 12:38 PM
oops, that was a typo...fixing now

Phoenix20578
Fri, 10-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Damnit PSJ!!!!

EDIT: Whatever, less work for me I guess i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DB_Hunter
Fri, 10-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Final Round - The ugliest of them all....
Ok, so not really the ugliest, but this round is for DB Hunter. Up until last week, he'd had the same signature as long as I'd been coming to the forums. It was poor resolution, the image was squshed, his avatar I made for him way back in my beginning Paint days. Out of all the people that signed up, he wore his ugly sig with pride for the longest time, spanning a period of years. So, not to devalue the lovely workmanship of his new sig, we are still including DB in the contest and dedicating the final round to him. Hopefully if he has more nice sigs he'll never to back to using his old one.

Dear KitKat, that is the most powerful thing I have heard anyone say about me on these forums. It seems as though you really had some strong emotions against my sig but how come you never said anything???

Ofcourse I'm honoured that the final round is being held for me, and I look forward to see all the contestants slaving away.... er... I mean working hard to get to the final round to make a great sig for me.

May the contest begin!

Fri, 10-28-2005, 06:11 PM
GL to kit and eurasian!

Itachi_y2k5
Sat, 10-29-2005, 09:32 AM
heh good luck everybody

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 10-29-2005, 09:59 AM
KitKat, I'll make the ava.

KitKat
Sat, 10-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Kage, she wanted to keep her old ava as her one request. But don't worry, if you plan on winning you'll have to make avas for the next two i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 10-29-2005, 11:44 AM
haha alright sounds good to me

btw go check out my temp in the new sigs or wallpapers thread!!!!!!!!

KitKat
Sun, 10-30-2005, 03:37 PM
One thing we haven't decided yet....are we going to make the authors anonymous when we submit our entries, or should everyone just post their entry?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 10-30-2005, 03:57 PM
anonymous

PSJ
Sun, 10-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Anonymous is the way to go on that issue.

Assassin
Tue, 11-01-2005, 12:09 AM
I'd like to vounterr for the next round of the contest. My sig isn't ugly per se, but im getting tired of the orange theme. Plus, i've had it for more then a year now i think.

Anyway, for my sig, i'd like it to be something that fits my nick, but not using anything from really popular anime (ie: naruto, bleach etc)

As for the ava, no particular requests, but i'd like something thats not the same as the sig.....by that i mean, i dont want something like PSJ's ava.

Sorry if i've made too many requests....i've tried to word it so it sounds like a single one i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

KitKat
Tue, 11-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Assassin, assuming we start the next Extreme Makeover contest as soon as this one ends, that's still at least two and a half weeks from now. And we'll probably have to recruit more volunteers before we can have another round. I don't even know if the artists here will want to do this again. We'll see how it goes and if people like it. So, we'll keep you in mind, but if you want a new sig a little sooner, you might want to try the request section.

Just a note to artists: PM your finished contest entries to me by friday night and I'll post up everything on Saturday morning so the volunteers can choose. Then once each has picked their new look, we'll start the next round right away.

Turkish-S
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Kage, she wanted to keep her old ava as her one request. But don't worry, if you plan on winning you'll have to make avas for the next two

Hell no NM will pwn his arse. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

KitKat
Fri, 11-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Final reminder to all artists, have you entries done and sent to me by the end of tonight. First round volunteers, make sure to stop by tomorrow and choose your brand new sig!

Sat, 11-05-2005, 08:25 AM
can't wait!

KitKat
Sat, 11-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Ok, we've run into some problems and I can't post the entries yet. Please be patient and bear with us a little bit longer while we figure this out. I guarantee you, there are some excellent entries and you will be really impressed, so please just sit tight and wait patiently. We'll try our best to get these posted tonight or tomorrow.

Dezalanel
Sat, 11-05-2005, 12:11 PM
I probably will not be on till tomorrow, so if you post them tonight do not be surprized if I do not make my pick till tomorrow sorry.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 11-05-2005, 03:37 PM
ahhhh sorry, been really busy. I'll get the sig to you asap kitkat

KitKat
Sat, 11-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Lol, it wasn't just you Kage. I had a sig that was submitted with a spoiler in it, so I can't enter it. I'm still waiting to hear back from the artist. Hopefully it will be soon =/

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 11-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Well I just submitted mine.

Has NM sent his in too?

Phoenix20578
Sun, 11-06-2005, 01:23 PM
I think PSJ said something about going on vacation for a little while. Hope he submited his.

NM
Sun, 11-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Well I just submitted mine.

Has NM sent his in too?

Yep, KitKat has mine.

KitKat
Sun, 11-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Ok, I've been debating what to do about this. If Koyuki doesn't get back to me in the next few hours, I'm going to declare GLS the winner of that round by default, regardless of what Dezalanel chooses. However, because of the nature of this contest, it's not really fair to Dezalanel to not have a choice. Therefore, I will not post those submissions until I have them. Sorry Dez, this means you'll have to wait a bit longer than the others. If Koyuki is still MIA after a few more days, I will accept the first entry sent to me as the challenger against GLS and post them for Dez to choose. Just keep in mind that if this happens this choice won't affect the rest of the competition.

So, one way or another, the contest will progress tonight. I will be posting the submissions as 12 midnight my time (that's 9pm for those that live on the west coast.....extrapolate your timezone as it applies). Be ready! The next round will start asap.

Edit: Oh, and PSJ made prior arrangements with me, so don't worry, he's good for the contest.

PSJ
Sun, 11-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Running a little late eh?

Right now i'm sitting in a noisy hotel lobby with a comp that seems to be on a 56k and a keyboard missing half the tangents, one being space. This sucks ass, i'm having a great time though, haven't done a thing in 6 days.

So how's the contest doing? In this pace i'll be home before round 2 starts i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif Good luck to all of you, i'll be back in a couple of days just to see how things are going.

KitKat
Mon, 11-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Well everyone, this is the moment you have all been waiting for. The moment where all the entries are revealed. First round volunteers, I think you're going to have a tough time on some of these. When you choose, it would be cool to give a few reasons why you chose the one you did. Good luck to everyone!

Well, in totally random order, here they are:
Group A - 2:25
http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/913/2251be.jpg

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/443/gwcontestsig24wv.jpg

Group B - Jadugar
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6421/jadugar5qx1lg.jpg
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7729/jadugar9sy7km.gif

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/60/jadugarsigv24bf1ya.jpg
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5292/jadugarava4mc0zv.gif

Group C - Dezalanel
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5972/deza2sp.jpg
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5259/dezaava9ta.gif

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/4549/dezalanel1vm6fn.jpg
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/2192/dezalanelavatar4ru2bv.gif

Group D - 010577
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/633/monster0105776vb.jpg
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/8383/monsterava8vg.gif

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/6033/010577copy7ys.jpg
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6527/010577avacopy9vb.gif

Phoenix20578
Mon, 11-07-2005, 12:09 AM
They all look great. Good luck to everyone.

Mon, 11-07-2005, 12:55 AM
My winner is.... The Monster Sig!

My theme: Intelligence

Reasons:

1) I watch / love monster. Hats off to the creator if he / she actually went through my old posts to discover I follow the series.

2) Unfortunately, I don't even know who the person in the other sig is so I can't pick up the theme behind it.

3) I have a bunch of other reasons I chose the Monster sig but only because I follow the series. But even not knowing the other series, I feel as though having the person's face alone doesn't necessarily mean being smart, but isn't there something to the person that makes him smart? (i.e. if he's good at chess, have a chess board / pieces there etc.)

4) Putting the theme aside, I also like the avatar being different.

Sorry if I seemed to bash the other sig. Thank you both for putting in so much effort I really appreciate it.

I'm also guessing Eurasian is the loser here? I noticed both you and Kit's sig, which you created, both have same avatars as the sig. But just a wild guess. ^^

Oh! I also want to know I realized I'm a ANBU now how did that happen? *curiosity*

Mon, 11-07-2005, 02:16 AM
Okay, so I thought about this for a while, and it's a real toughie.

Both are really good-- each composed with a total kick ass character from two animes I equally adore, easy-on-the-eyes color schemes, and cool backgrounds.

But I'm going to declare the Ichigo sig as the winner.
First of all, I really like the way how Ichigo is translucent. It gives this whole lingering dreamy feeling and matches perfectly with the flames in the background. Also, I think it's spaced out better than the other one. I can't help but notice this bright streak of light near Kakashi's face, making the whole appearance of that sig look much more clustered. I would elaborate some more if both of them weren't so damn good. Seriously, it was a close one.

And thanks a bunch, NM and Kage. I am so gonna use both of them. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Edited for spelling. =x

Dezalanel
Mon, 11-07-2005, 06:41 AM
Wow...very tough.....I would like to say I choose both but I can not = [. I choose the Naruto one. I like the dark color scheme a little better than the Kuukaku sig. I plan on using both though. Thanks a lot GLS and Koyuki. And hats off to the other artists as well every sig is great.

Assertn
Mon, 11-07-2005, 12:21 PM
It looks kinda like submissions 1, 2, 3, and 8 were all made by kage

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 11-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Nope, but I lost =/

Phoenix20578
Mon, 11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
It's alright Kage, it still looks great. Now, if only Jadugar came and picked his.....

Turkish-S
Mon, 11-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Nope, but I lost =/

wahahahahaha ... i said he would pwn you.
But actually i liked your sig more than NM 's this time.i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 11-07-2005, 06:28 PM
I always get screwed over at contests here

Eurasian
Mon, 11-07-2005, 08:15 PM
haha it's totally cool 010577. i also like kitkat's sig.
i sorta figure i'll lose anyway. the character i used it raito from death note.

Assertn
Mon, 11-07-2005, 08:54 PM
I like Eurasian's the best as far as typography is concerned
Actually...the whole composition itself is good. The guy's face is kinda weird lookin though

Are you going into graphic art, Eurasian?

Knives122
Mon, 11-07-2005, 08:59 PM
it needs to be widened imo

KitKat
Mon, 11-07-2005, 10:48 PM
@ Kage: This kind of a competition is kinda different than any others, since the choices of the volunteers are fairly arbitrary. Don't worry, you're still one of the best artists here, imo i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

@Eura: You should have more confidence in your skill! I'd still consider you way better than me. Maybe one of these days I'll catch up. I try to do a new tutorial every weekend so that I can keep learning, but being creative is HARD!

@010577: I'm glad you like it. I actually downloaded the series and started watching it so I could get a feel for the show before starting on the sig, and now I'm addicted, lol. It's become one of my favourite series right now. Special thanks goes to Mae for sending me some awesome pictures.

Now, we just need Jadugar to come pick his sig, and we can move on.

Tue, 11-08-2005, 06:57 AM
@ Kage: This kind of a competition is kinda different than any others, since the choices of the volunteers are fairly arbitrary. Don't worry, you're still one of the best artists here, imo

@Eura: You should have more confidence in your skill! I'd still consider you way better than me. Maybe one of these days I'll catch up. I try to do a new tutorial every weekend so that I can keep learning, but being creative is HARD!

@010577: I'm glad you like it. I actually downloaded the series and started watching it so I could get a feel for the show before starting on the sig, and now I'm addicted, lol. It's become one of my favourite series right now. Special thanks goes to Mae for sending me some awesome pictures.

Now, we just need Jadugar to come pick his sig, and we can move on.

I'm glad I could be a part of the contest ^^

NM
Tue, 11-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by: Turkish-S

Nope, but I lost =/

wahahahahaha ... i said he would pwn you.
But actually i liked your sig more than NM 's this time.

i/expressions/brokenheart.gif

Haha, in any case, I'm glad you liked the Ichigo sig 2:25!

And to all the artists, great job!

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 11-09-2005, 12:53 AM
yea fck you fgt

much <3 nm, nice sig

KitKat
Wed, 11-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Ok, Jadugar has completely disappeared. If he doesn't reappear by tomorrow, I'm going to move both of group B up to the next round. So one of the matches will have 3 sigs competing instead of two. It's unfortunate, but we have to move on and Jadugar doesn't seem to be around. After that, assuming both Deadfire and LiquidEcho are around to choose their new sigs and avatars, we will have two people that move to the final round.

Deadfire
Thu, 11-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah I'm still around, I thought I wasn't going to be involve (because of what was posted earlier) but I will be around to choose

Thanks in advance

KitKat
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Ok, Round 2 begins today!
Congratulations to the winners of round one. And if anyone sees Jadugar, tell him to come and choose his sig. I've moved both of the competitors from that group up to the next round so that we can continue the contest. Other volunteers, feel free to start using your brand new sigs and avatars!

Details for round 2:

NM and Koyuki will be making a sig and avatar for Deadfire.

PSJ and Phoenix and myself will be making a sig and avatar for LiquidEcho. Theme: Somehow suit it to the username.

The two winners will move on to the final round. Entries for round 2 will be due next Thursday night. Get to it!

PSJ
Thu, 11-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Yay! I advance.

Can't see some of the first round stuff on this crap comp and the ones i can see are barely visible due to the size of the monitor, i need a fucking magnifying glass just to see what i type.

From what i could see it all looked good. Mine looked crap though...

Good luck in round 2 everyone!!!

Phoenix20578
Thu, 11-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Cool, a threeway battle. This ought to be interesting.

Good Luck To All!!!!

KitKat
Wed, 11-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Just a reminder to everyone to start finishing up your sigs for round 2 and have them in by Thursday night. Good luck!

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:00 PM
It's Friday already here...

Deadfire
Thu, 11-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by: DB_Hunter
It's Friday already here...

I'm so excited that i just can't wait much longer!!!

but I know art isn't something you can rush

KitKat
Fri, 11-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Ok, here are the entries for Round 2!!!!

Liquid Echo, choose your new sig and ava from those displayed below:
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6744/sigcompsigechocopy25kk5ty.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/667/echoava5tr3dy.gif

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3024/tayuya21mc.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8016/liquidechoava2un.gif

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1640/liquidecho1im.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/951/liquidecho8es.gif

Deadfire, here are the entries for you to choose from:
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1201/bleach8zf.jpg
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/4875/bleachava8tw.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2029/gwextrememakeoverround22jd.jpg
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6571/round2avav28hl.jpg

Phoenix20578
Fri, 11-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Wow, everyone did a great job. I really like the first one for Dreadfire.

PSJ
Fri, 11-18-2005, 01:27 PM
I really liked the Samurai Champloo one.

Deadfire
Fri, 11-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Darn it I looked at the first one and Well I loved it then i look at the Samurai Champloo and loved it too....

Alot of work was put in to both of them but i have to pick one though so i need to sort out reasons

The first one is very creative as i could even think of a bleach Matrix cross. as It's very cool looking doing that (ichigo with sunglasses is priceless) The Second one wins with it's colour as I really like the early dawn type coloring. Although after looking at it for a bit I really like the first one more then the second (I'm not saying that it's not a great Sig/Avatar) I'll have both on my computer and who knows in a couple months i will use the other one.. but for now I choose the first one

Congrats who ever that is (I would like to know as to give credit to him/her)

PSJ
Fri, 11-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I would think Koyuki made the one you are using.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-20-2005, 09:44 AM
So what happens now?

PSJ
Sun, 11-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Liqiud Echo better choose which one he likes soon.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 11-20-2005, 11:27 PM
I forsee a four-way battle in the last round, although I hope I'm wrong......

KitKat
Mon, 11-21-2005, 01:27 AM
Hmm....if we do this again, we need to make sure that the volunteers are actually gonna be around. If anyone knows where to find Liquid Echo, tell him to come and choose.

PSJ
Mon, 11-21-2005, 10:28 AM
I PM'ed him 2 days ago but i guess that didn't help much. Me and Phoenix can't just go through by default the whole way, let's set up a voting to decide which one is the best out of the ones done for Echo.

NM
Mon, 11-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by: PSJ
I would think Koyuki made the one you are using.

Yep, the Matrix-Bleach sig was made by Koyuki, mine is the Samurai Champloo one. Great job on the sig Koyuki!

Phoenix20578
Mon, 11-21-2005, 01:02 PM
I PM'ed him 2 days ago but i guess that didn't help much. Me and Phoenix can't just go through by default the whole way, let's set up a voting to decide which one is the best out of the ones done for Echo.

I say we give him a couple of days, like up until Thursday. If he's still a no-show, we let some people vote
on it and decide the two for the last round that way.

KitKat
Mon, 11-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Sounds good to me. We can appoint a few impartial judges, and move on accordingly.

GLS
Mon, 11-21-2005, 04:11 PM
I'd like to take part in the voting. I think Kage and Eurasian should vote too, since the 3 of us are eliminated participants.
If three's not enough, you can bring in more.

How does that sound?

KitKat
Mon, 11-21-2005, 04:37 PM
That's a great idea. Personally, I think it would be good to have a few different categories that you can give a score to for each under each category, and the highest score moves on. This would avoid a deadlock of each judge voting for a different sig, and would encourage you guys to evaluate the sigs more critically.

Liquid Echo officially has until Thursday morning, 9:00am (Ontario time) to show up.

ChaosK
Mon, 11-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Sounds good to me. We can appoint a few impartial judges, and move on accordingly.

I LIKE JUDGING! lol, and i was going to sign up but phoenix took this sig outta heaven and gave it to me so now i dont need one...acctually i should rotate colors again i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. anyway, the point of this post was, i'll judge if its not a problem with the contestants.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 11-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by: GLS
I'd like to take part in the voting. I think Kage and Eurasian should vote too, since the 3 of us are eliminated participants.
If three's not enough, you can bring in more.

How does that sound?

k

PSJ
Tue, 11-22-2005, 02:18 AM
I like the idea of Kage, Eurasian and GLS voting.

Koyuki
Tue, 11-22-2005, 04:16 AM
Yeah, sounds good. Well back to homework -_-

Oh, and I made the bleach sig i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

KitKat
Wed, 11-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Yeah, congrats Koyuki, you move on to the final round!

Alright, it's Thursday night, and the Liquid Echo sigs are now open for voting by our fabulous judges: Kage, Eurasian, and GLS. Please try to give a critical analysis of each of the sigs and then give your choice. Back up your choice with concrete reasons. Since you guys are artists, the 'It looks nice' reason doesn't cut it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

GLS
Thu, 11-24-2005, 12:44 AM
/me avoids the American Idol reference

Sig #1: This sig is pretty darn cool. It looks as if they took a stock photo of a winter scene, and put it to use on both sides of Sasuke. The blur added to Sasuke is really cool, and the scanlines help out as well. This sig features the best use of a render. Also has the best avatar of the trio.

Sig #2: At first glance, I didn't think much of this sig. After looking at it more, it's really interesting, and demands attention with its vibrant colors. The render was cleaned up pretty well, and the text formatting is good, imo (I'm not quite sold on the color, though). I would've preferred the avatar to feature Tayuya, rather than a fragment of the sig.

Sig #3: This sig could've been better, imo. The render is too small to be clearly seen (with the new size dimensions allowed, it could possibly be improved), and the ripple effect doesn't fit well. More tech-style brushing like in the bottom left corner would've been cool.

So... you skipped my boring, subpar analysis, eh? You really don't care what I think. You'd rather know who I voted for.
Both #1 and #2 are good sigs. If #2's avatar featured Tayuya, I'd vote #2 easily rather than pondering my decision.

I will give my vote to... #2, because it's one of the most unique sigs in this tournament. If I were Liquid Echo, I'd 1) be here to participate and 2) rotate both these sigs, since they are both cool.
Now... read my analysis!

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Hang on a second... what do we do if its a three way tie?

PSJ
Thu, 11-24-2005, 09:23 AM
I was under the impression that we were to use some kind of scoring, say 3points for #1 2points for #2 and 1point for #3. The sig with most points goes through.

KitKat
Thu, 11-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah, let's do it that way. And after that if there's a tie in number of points, we can bring in NM as the tie-breaker since he's the most recent one to be out of the competition.

GLS
Thu, 11-24-2005, 11:43 AM
I was under the impression that we were to use some kind of scoring, say 3points for #1 2points for #2 and 1point for #3. The sig with most points goes through.

If we're going to do it this way, than my scoring is pretty much self-explanatory.

Sig 2: 3 points
Sig 1: 2 points
Sig 3: 1 point

DB_Hunter
Sat, 11-26-2005, 04:00 PM
So... when was the deadline for the voting again?

PSJ
Sat, 11-26-2005, 08:04 PM
No idea, the whole fanart section has felt a bit dead for some time now.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 11-26-2005, 08:27 PM
We are waiting for Kage and Eurasian to vote now, perhaps it might be time to send them a PM? Though I guss since KitKat is incharge of this, it would be better if she was the one who sent the PM's.

Liquid Echo
Sat, 11-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Ack I'm sorry guys, I thought you weren't gonna be doing one for me, so wasn't paying attention. Sorry to hold it up like that. All of you did a great job, but I've decided to go with this one. I really liked the image AND my name is nice and visible... Thanks much!

PSJ
Sun, 11-27-2005, 06:57 AM
Ok, Kittie your call, what do we do?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 11-27-2005, 11:29 AM
where are the sigs I need to judge?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Your too late... Liquid Echo came back and chose his sig... the judging was only supposed to take place if he didn't pick one.

KitKat
Sun, 11-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Finally! Alright, even though this contest seems to be inching along, we've reached the final stage!

We'll continue as originally planned, now that Liquid Echo has returned. I know for a fact that DB will be around for the conclusion of this contest, so there will be no more delays.

Congratulations to Koyuki and Phoenix for making it to the final round! Gentlemen, you have exactly one week to produce an awesome sig for DB. And, just as an added bonus, there may be a custom title for the winner. It's still under negotiation, but it's a definite possibility. The exact title is a secret for now. I'll keep you updated on the details.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:00 PM
So, did DB specify anything? All I saw was that he wanted a Naruto one and a DBZ one.

KitKat
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Just take that to be a DBZ sig or a Naruto sig. One of the two. Your choice.

Koyuki
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Cool. If I win, I want a custom title saying: Mr Makeover

Grats Phoenix!

Edit: Can we use the new sigsize, 400x100?

Phoenix20578
Sun, 11-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by: Koyuki
Cool. If I win, I want a custom title saying: Mr Makeover

LMAO!!!!

Congrats to you to man. I think we can use the new size.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Just take that to be a DBZ sig or a Naruto sig. One of the two. Your choice.

Yep that's right... that's a suggestion as to where you can choose your material from.

Compared to my last sig I havn't kept this sig for very long at all, and it feels kinda strange that I will be having another one so soon. I guess all I can hope for is that its a really good one that deserves to replace this one.

PSJ
Sun, 11-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Congratulations Phoenix. Damn i really thought this was my best sig out of the three i made to. I made the Sasuke one.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Not to kick you when you're down PSJ, but I also would have gone for the one that Liquid Echo chose in the end. I think your one perhaps looked a little too standard, perhaps you could make your one's in the future a bit more snazzy somehow (sorry for that vauge term, I'm not an artist you see).

PSJ
Mon, 11-28-2005, 09:04 AM
no worries. Just wanted to know what snazzy meant. Also in my opinion the one Echo chose got a low quality render and the background could use more work. My opinion doesn't really matter in this case though.

Good luck to you guys in the final round.

Splash!
Wed, 11-30-2005, 03:11 PM
i personally liked the second signature alot. The idea was very creative. Not that my opinion matters though

6Zabuza9
Wed, 11-30-2005, 04:30 PM
can i still sign up. i need a new one lol

Koyuki
Wed, 11-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Try the request thread, or you can wait for the Gotwoot Extreme Makeover Season 2

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 12-01-2005, 09:38 PM
I just want another competition im ready to go XD

Phoenix20578
Thu, 12-01-2005, 09:43 PM
I just want another competition im ready to go XD

I can see that your pumped, but all you have to do is wait till Saturday Kage.

@Koyuki: I don't think a round two will happen. How about the one who wins the next round organizes the next comp. KitKat is probably stressed out from exams and this comp.

KitKat
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Stressed about exams, yes. From this competition, no. It's actually been a lot of fun. It was experimental, and I think I've learned a lot in the process, so that if we were ever to do it again, I think there are a lot of improvements we could make to make it go a lot more smoothly. As for the next competition we do though, I think it would be a nice change to do something faster-paced and a little more competetive. We could even start 1-on-1 battles, like I've seen in different graphics forums where someone challenges someone else. You guys are creative, I'm sure there will be something fun coming up soon.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:06 PM
1-on-1 battles? Like Yi-Gi-Oh?

"KitKat, I challenge you!"
"I accept"
"Let's D-D-D-D-D-D-D-Duel!!!!"

Koyuki
Fri, 12-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Ok, I challenge you Phoenix!

Which day do we have to submit?

Phoenix20578
Fri, 12-02-2005, 10:24 AM
LOL, They need to be in by tommorow. I sent mine in already.

Koyuki
Fri, 12-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I'll fix that, just reinstalled windows ^^

animeniac
Fri, 12-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Some of you may remember me. Anyways im back and with photoshop. So I'd like to participate in the next competition, although my work compares nothing to that of the members here.

LaZie
Fri, 12-02-2005, 09:23 PM
I want in in the next competition, its boring at home. Gotwoot is my only family i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-02-2005, 10:29 PM
I have to say I am really impressed by Kage's work in the other sig thread in this forum... the way the lighting is done on the sigs is fantastic. I hope the sigs I have to choose from are equally as good too...

By the way, do I have to like sit out the next competition as a minimum before I can enter again as a guinea pig?

KitKat
Fri, 12-02-2005, 10:39 PM
lol, well, I don't know how soon the next extreme makeover will be. You just want more sigs! Let the other ugly-sigged people have a turn i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-02-2005, 10:40 PM
No fair! I'm owed new pretty sigs cos I stuck to one for such a long time!

LaZie
Fri, 12-02-2005, 10:50 PM
You should turn to the darkside and learn how to use photoshop. Or you can call it the road in-between Light and Dark called Twilight i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jadugar
Sat, 12-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanx for the lovely sig.

KitKat
Sat, 12-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Jadugar, don't forget to pick up your new avatar too i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Congrats to Phoenix for retroactively winning round 2!

And now for the final round! DB, I'm pleased to present you with two truly spectacular entries to choose from and they are, in no particular order:

*drumroll*

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6809/dbhunter2pf.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8243/dbhunter28pr.gif

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4074/dbsig5lx.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/219/dbava5gb.gif

Good luck to both of the contestants!

Jadugar
Sat, 12-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Jadugar, don't forget to pick up your new avatar too

As you know i disappered a while back before asking for a particular sig or avatar. I wanted to keep Mugan as an avatar but a new avatar with some thing to do with Mugan in it but I didnt had the chance to ask for it.

If someone would be kind enough to do a Mugan avatar or even both, I would appreciate it. Otherwise the current sig is fine for me but I want to keep my Mugan avatar.

Thanx again for the sig.

KitKat
Sun, 12-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Well, as long as Phoenix doesn't feel snubbed or heartbroken that you're not taking the avatar, that's fine. I think everyone is busy with exams now, so I don't know if someone will have extra time to make you an avatar, but you never know.

PSJ
Sun, 12-04-2005, 07:03 AM
Wow, the Naruto sig is nicely done. He looks crazy in it. Good job to whoever did it.

Phoenix20578
Sun, 12-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, as long as Phoenix doesn't feel snubbed or heartbroken

*sniff*.... a little i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I acually found some some today and made Jadugar an Avatar.

http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/9052/jadugar2eo.gif

Enjoy!

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-05-2005, 09:15 AM
I have chose the sig guys...

After looking at the sigs this is my opinion of each.

The DBZ sig looks as if though as if it hasn't had as much work go into it as sig 2 has. Sig 2 has great effects, and I can see what the creator was trying to bring out with the style employed. Sig 1 could have been taken up a notch by perhaps including some lightning effects, and using some custom images besides the standard ones that are used on the net. The picture on sig 2 seems a bit wacky though, in my opinion.

My decision is therefore.... to pick sig 1. The reason is that despite Sig 2 having more originality and seeminlgy more work go into it, it was let down for me by the choice of image itself. The look in Naruto's eyes is perhaps what makes the image look as it does. Sig 1, though simple, still looks good... in a simple kind of way.. yea I think that makes sense.

So congrats to the creator of Sig 1, serious comiserations to the creator of sig 2. If the creator of sig 2 had chosen a different image, then I think sig 2 would have been the winner.

I will use the new sig and ava soon btw...

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I like the pic used in the second sig. Can you post the original version of it?

Dezalanel
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM
The pic in sig 2 kicks ass. I am surprized you do not like it.

KitKat
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Congratulations to Phoenix for winning the very first Gotwoot Extreme Makeover! *applause* *cheering*
You should be recieving your custom title sometime within the next week.
You and Koyuki both did a fantastic job. Despite the roadblocks we ran into with this competition, I think it went pretty well. If we decide to do it again I think there are ways we could optimize the efficiency more and make it even better. Thanks to all the volunteers and artists who participated!

Koyuki
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Grats Phoenix!

It was fun, and thanks for the support. Yea, I'll hook you up with the picture assertn. Can't find it atm, but think it was in the manga.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 12-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks Koyuki. You did an awsome job. I loved the bg colors. And I see that you decied to use it anyway
and not have it go to waste i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Also, I think its funny we both used the same color scheme.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Crap I just relaised I should start using the new sig.

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
I kinda hate having to support a notion of a certain stylistic technique needing to be in every single work, but its real hard for a sig to feel complete without some sort of border to seperate it from spilling all over the forum. You should try using a dark red or black border for your sig, koyuki

Mon, 12-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Congrats Phoenix and good job to everyone else, especially KitKat for organizing the event.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Congratulations to Phoenix for winning the very first Gotwoot Extreme Makeover! *applause* *cheering*
You should be recieving your custom title sometime within the next week.

*Waiting*

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 12-18-2005, 04:21 AM
wow it's been like 2 weeks and pheonix still hasn't gotten his custom title yet?

KitKat
Sun, 12-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Eeep! Sorry, I meant to ask Terra about this a while ago.....but then exams happened and I forgot. Not to worry! I'm asking now!

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Enjoy your new title Phoenix. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Phoenix20578
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks Terra. I will i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:56 AM
I considered giving you the title "Sora's Underpants", but I changed my mind. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Phoenix20578
Mon, 12-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I considered giving you the title "Sora's Underpants", but I changed my mind. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

LMAO

I'm very grateful that you did change your mind.

KitKat
Mon, 12-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Sora's Underpants would have been the most hilarious custom title ever! You have to admit, it's very original i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Fudgeman
Wed, 12-21-2005, 12:52 AM
to late to sign up a sig?

Phoenix20578
Wed, 12-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Kinda, the contest ended 2 weeks ago.....

Fudgeman
Wed, 12-21-2005, 02:31 AM
lol, there were to many pages to read so i just skipped to the end