PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 54 Discussion

Assassin
Wed, 10-19-2005, 01:31 AM
DB Bleach 54 (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b54.torrent)

discuss

Kensee
Wed, 10-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Edit: pictures midloaded I'ma try again soon ^^ sorry.
Just wanted to say I think they could of made the Ichigo returning scene more dramatic with just changing the music. heh the "I'm wup the 3 lutenients with my bare fist" rocked =D.

Roko
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:05 AM
awesome. that's all I can say. ichigo looks so tight, and the lil fight at the end just made my mouth drop. Ichigo rocks! The rukia throwing thing was pretty funny; great comical relief. Man, I just had to watch the fight scene at the end twice...that was just so cool. hopefully the story (and fights) will continue soon (stupid fillers =_=)

Xrlderek
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:24 AM
Ichigo's outfit is so damn cool! A bit bad video quality though, but I think the translations were of normal quality..

Kensee
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
... Ichigo rocks! The rukia throwing thing was pretty funny; great comical relief ...
^^v
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap143.jpg

Yes that was comedy hahah. I also liked how it showed the release of three vice-captains soul slayers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap146.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap148.jpg
BTW his picture doesnt show this but he acutally says "Drill, Gonryoumaru!" when releasing his blade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap151.jpg

I also liked Ichigo using that white ichigo thats inside him techinique (the spinning the blade by the wrap on the handle), also Rukia seemed really nice in tihs episode (nice as in dramatic in a good way and cute).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap136.jpg

Old man sure knows how to strike a pose too =D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap135.jpg

And finally, Proof Naruto and Bleach are intertwining!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap132.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap133.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap134.jpg
HAND SEALS!

Horse, Snake, Tiger mudda fruggass! Release!

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:18 AM
So...fucking...cool!

No doubt we'll get to see how Ichigo completed his Bankai training during a flashback when he actually goes to release it. I love it when they do that, better dramatic tension.

Gah, so much awsome shit in this episode.

I can't believe he beat those captains with his bare hands, man, he's just rediculous now.

I can't believe the big bad halberd that was central to the bad guys plot got blown up so easily though, I mean wtf.

Soul Society must be going apeshit right now. Like a third of their captains are down, and another third are in revolt, and they got some invader who's like stronger than anyone. I can't imagine what the first captain is thinking right now.

By the time this is all over, I wonder if there's count to be anyone left to defend the Court.

I'm only sad we didn't get to see Ken's fight finish yet. And the little chick is on the way to save Ichigo!

I've heard people say that they next episode is more Kanon filler, but I don't think it is. They showed clips from the next episode, then the thing after it I think is just a little funny clip they through in.

I mean seriously, to do a filler now would be insane. The first set of clips is whats in the next episode.

EpyonNext
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:57 AM
I think the end of the filler was just comic relief....I hope.

Other then that, the ep kicked ass. I loved the look on Ichigo's face when he blocked Bayakua's soul cutter, it was just screaming, "What bitch! You aint shit."

burnout
Wed, 10-19-2005, 06:16 AM
OMFG that is going to be some f**** great fighting sene

i cant wait till ep55 is out

he just toke out 3 vice in 3 secs

omg i WANT to see how ichigo is going to kick that capt's ass

el_boss
Wed, 10-19-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I've heard people say that they next episode is more Kanon filler, but I don't think it is. They showed clips from the next episode, then the thing after it I think is just a little funny clip they through in.

I mean seriously, to do a filler now would be insane. The first set of clips is whats in the next episode.

The episodes before the previous filler showed clips from the original story as well, right? And also there has been preview clips before that did not show up in the actual episode. But it would be evil of them to put in a filler after such an awesome episode.
I actually got goosebumbs for a while. I alwasy love when the backup arrives and It happened like all the time in this episode. First Ichigo stops the phoenix, then the captains kill it, then Renji shows up and finally Ichigo kicks the shit out of the liutenants. Ichigos new outfit is awesome. I mean cool bandages and a cape, what is there to not like.

Ren
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:01 AM
http://www.filehigh.com/serve/5950/50424.jpg

LOL. Too funny...

isso
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Damn that was a cool episode, can someone explain why icho could fly?? Thats one thing I got amazed by.. Thats a little to much for me...

Inazuma
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Now Ichigo ... Own Byakuya with some badass moves.

Kensee
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:41 AM
^^ I don't think it will show any more of Ichigo's trainning. We'll just gonna have to wait and see how it paid off (semi obvious in that he just single handily [literaly] pwned 3 vice-captains). What I would love to see is him finally doing some DEMON arts. I mean comeon, hes a shimigami, I wanna see him use destruction art #69!

Originally posted by: Inazuma
Now Ichigo ... Own Byakuya with some badass moves.

Remember, Byakuya is a Captain, his strength and skill is much greater than those three vice-captains. I mean Renji could activate his Bankai (which non of those 3 vice could do from what we know) and he still lost vs Byakuya. Lets just both Byakuya and Ichigo are gonna pull out all the stops to win.

I suspect major events happening soon, you think you know but you don't ... NONE OF US DO >_<. ::cues dramatic music::

Edit: Punctuation mistakes ^^;;

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:41 AM
Great Episode.

Ichigo Rules. He now owns everybody in the Soul Society.

Bleach is better than Naruto. Even its fillers are better than Naruto fillers. (IMO)

No doubt we'll get to see how Ichigo completed his Bankai training during a flashback when he actually goes to release it. I love it when they do that, better dramatic tension.

Thats a much better way to do it. Ichigo is wearing some kind of tag round his neck. Is it called mantle?

Soul Society has been divided in two sides.

I want to see Byakuya fight Ichigo so badly.

The next episode is not a filler.

BTW Rukia seems so samll compared to Ichigo and Renji.

Kensee
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
Great Episode.
The next episode is not a filler.

Damn straight, and yes the next episode is in fact non filler. They say at the end of the one hour combo (Episode 52-53) that next time (which would be episode 54) the encylopidea will be SUPER CHARGED! That means they are going to do something different at the end of each episode. I guess no more previews maybe?

BTW Rukia seems so samll compared to Ichigo and Renji.
Yup ...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/manga-rainbleach-ch151-23.png
Based on this picture, she'd go about up to his waist or top of his thigh ... Pedophile.

Edit: maybe all that time in that one tower shrunk her spiritial power which shrunk her height?

Also anyone crack up about the little vice captain's super speed? =P.

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Fucking awesome. Ichigo reminds me of Cloud's look in Kingdom Hearts.
Ukitake <3

Next episode will RULE. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I think that stuff in the ending is supposed to be some kind of weekly replacement for Kon's radioshow thingy. That would be neat.
Like a ministory at the end of each ep.

el_boss
Wed, 10-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by: isso
Damn that was a cool episode, can someone explain why icho could fly?? Thats one thing I got amazed by.. Thats a little to much for me...

I tought it looked like he was sort of levitating bacause of the power from the phoenix.

Originally posted by: Kensee
Remember, Byakuya is a Captain, his strength and skill is much greater than those three vice-captains. I mean Renji could activate his Bankai (which non of those 3 vice could do from what we know) and he still lost vs Byakuya. Lets just both Byakuya and Ichigo are gonna pull out all the stops to win.

But Byakuya can also release his Bankai, just cause Renji had his Bankai doesn't mean that he would have had a chance. As Byakuya said, because it is so big it would take Renji 14 years to master it.

Wonder who will fight against Ichimaru Gin, he didn't appear at all in this episode. I bet he is up to no good, that bastard.

Kensee
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss

But Byakuya can also release his Bankai, just cause Renji had his Bankai doesn't mean that he would have had a chance. As Byakuya said, because it is so big it would take Renji 14 years to master it.

Wonder who will fight against Ichimaru Gin, he didn't appear at all in this episode. I bet he is up to no good, that bastard.

Ah what I was saying is those three vice-captains compared to Byakuya are kinda weak, and Byakuya has a lot more power than he's shown.

Yes Gin is a bastard =P. That smile is wicked though you gotta admit that.

Masamune
Wed, 10-19-2005, 12:01 PM

he explained it in the preview it was another artifact from yoruichi he borrowed.

el_boss
Wed, 10-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by: Masamune

he explained it in the preview it was another artifact from yoruichi he borrowed.

But he got a giant demon wing the last time he used the artifact.

Mayby it's the cape, it has some sort of seal around the neck.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 12:48 PM

Didnt someone say its mantle in the preview.

Dionysos
Wed, 10-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Animation, musik, emotions...everything was just amazing

ichigo looks so cool. im really impressed by this episode

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-19-2005, 01:52 PM

Didnt someone say its mantle in the preview.

Yeah, Ishida did. But that may have just been a joke. Cause he was making a comment about how Ichigo finally realized how important his clothing look is.

eat_toast
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:58 PM
awesome episode, ichigo got so damn fast, i know i'm looking forward to that ass byakuya getting pwned. and i think reason he's flying is the "mantle" with the talisman, plus what about those black straps wrapped around his arms?

alstar83
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:32 PM
awesome ep, Ichigo looks so cool in the new outfit...so cool the way he beats all vice -caps with bare hands....man, it is so short,,..craving for more...hopefully next ep is not a filler....
wondering if he has to use his bankai to fight w/ Byakuya

Konohamaru
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:33 PM
who0o what an episode that was!

Ichi dealt with 3 vices so quickly! and yay for Yachiru, I bet behind that cuteness she's super powerful!. Yanno, for being a vice captain of the 1st, he was pretty weak against Ichi and he had 2 Vices to back him up, lol. I think Ichi is using that flying thing that Youruichi had before but I didn't see it on his arm...(ok I've read the manga but I won't spoil things, lol).

Who0o0o can't wait to see the next episode...to be honest even tho I've read the manga, I forgot what happens in the next few chapters, lol. IT's been a while since I read that part tho plus I'm reading other mangas so I get confused and forget things. Oh well, until next time!.

Pochii
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Next episode will be the shit!!!!

ChibiYali
Wed, 10-19-2005, 03:50 PM
stupid... bastards... ending... episode...

MORE!!!

*twitches*
read the manga... loved it...
saw it animated... worshipped...

what is this stupid thing about making us wait a week? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I mean, they have to understand that our poor fragile minds cannot take all this tension...
I know the ep's are only short .. but.. but.. I want more...

*dramatically reaches out hand*

p.s.
yachiru's so... very... awesome ^.^
more support for yachiru in the bleach ladies thread i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif !!!

Masamune
Wed, 10-19-2005, 04:01 PM

you know when I say , ANOTHER artifact you dont really read do you

Nin10doman
Wed, 10-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Just recently got into Bleach...This show is some hot shit. I love it.

This episode was quite the pwnmax. Very kickass. Can't wait to see what happens next....i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

dark maginn
Wed, 10-19-2005, 04:10 PM
wow this eps is so damn cool ichigo new outfit is awsome looking forward to next eps

Ban Kai
Wed, 10-19-2005, 05:06 PM
cool episode =D.

one question: i can't remember this so is Soukyoku's Stand supposed to be indestructible or something?

EpyonNext
Wed, 10-19-2005, 05:11 PM
It was never explained.

Koyuki
Wed, 10-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Damn, really cool episode. Ichigo is gonna kick Byakuya so bad.

el_boss
Wed, 10-19-2005, 05:56 PM

you know when I say , ANOTHER artifact you dont really read do you

That's because he did not say he borrowed another "artifact", he said he borrowed the mantle. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

kyubisrage
Wed, 10-19-2005, 06:00 PM
THAT EPISODE SO FUCKING PWNED. NOW THat is what im talking bout. Ichigo just fucking kicked everyones asses

EpyonNext
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:09 PM
The Ichigo-Bayakua fight is going to demolish your ass.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by: EpyonNext
The Ichigo-Bayakua fight is going to demolish your ass.

Does that include your ass as well?

I am looking forward to Zaraki's fight.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Finnaly got back from class and watch it. Awsome episode. Of course the zanpakto with the power of a
million zanpaktos took the form of a Phoenix i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

Anyway, I cant wait for the next couple of episodes. These next fight are going to be something worth watching.

Assertn
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Bleach is better than Naruto. Even its fillers are better than Naruto fillers. (IMO)

hmm...bleach 50s vs Naruto 50s

crazy whacked out swords that become random other stuff vs lee and gaara
nah, naruto wins that contest i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
naruto wins that contest

I wasnt aware of any contest. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

You know I love contests. *Remember Sasuke vs Neji thread*
I can make one if you want.

Someone has already done it.

Bleach or Naruto (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=16609&enterthread =y)

Guess who is winning?

Splash!
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:34 PM
well we still got 6 episodes left in the fifties and it good stuff just seems to have started. If we see ichigo's bankai by then and no fillers, than i am pretty sure bleach could outdo the naruto 50's.

Actually the naruto 50's consists of dumb episodes. Its supposed to be the gap between the prelims and finals. lee in gaara's fight begins 48 and ends at exactly 50

Maverick-DBZ-
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

I got that very same vibe aswell! Next episode is going to kick ass! Woot! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2055/bleach22sc.jpg

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/6645/cloud6ut.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1279/bleach11qr.jpg

Deadfire
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by: Maverick-DBZ-

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1279/bleach11qr.jpg

He reminds me more of Auron with that picture.... so that means we are up to a Auron/Cloud love child

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Ichigo looks way better than Cloud b/c he is badass. Shorty pants has nothing on him.

Assertn
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Guess who is winning?

I heard that its kinda biased to have a contest or ask an opinion about a series inside the same forum that focuses on that series. I dunno, maybe thats just me.

I gave you a more practical response as a PM to your PM, but I can post it here too if you prefer i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Maverick-DBZ-
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:51 PM
lol yeah I guess so.

Anyone know what that crest means or is it just there for looks?

edit:

The song that starts playing at 9:54, can someone please give me the name of it? I really like it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
I heard that its kinda biased to have a contest or ask an opinion about a series inside the same forum that focuses on that series. I dunno, maybe thats just me.

Its just you.

I am sure everyone who watches Bleach, most of them follow Naruto aswell. Anyway the poll on Naruto or Bleach (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=16609&enterthread =y) is in the GENERAL ANIME section.

You want a practical response. Go and make your vote count.

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Oh my shit I loved this episode.

This reminds me about why I started loving action anime in the first place. The whole DBZ-ish "comes back after grueling training and kicks so much ass w/out lifting a finger" thing gives me chills. It's so awesome.

And yeah, his new look reminded me of Cloud too.

Assertn
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Jadugar, did you even read a word of those PMs?

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:14 PM
@ Assertn : I did. Did you?

Back on the topic :

Everyone is forgetting Zaraki is still in the middle of a fight.

Where is Gin?

Nin10doman
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Where is Gin?

Plotting. He's waiting for everyone to kill each other, and then he's just gonna bust in, finish all the weakened guys off with a happy "kthxbye" and then go do his crazy nuke-the-world thing.

Actually, since they already destroyed the Soukyoko (sp?) thing, I'm not sure what he wants to do...Maybe that was all BS and his true plan is to...uh...do something evil.

Darknodin
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:26 PM
ok... first... you guys realize that the outfit Ichigo is wearing is cuz he got beat up by Zangetsu and he had no replacement Shinigami clothes... right... i mean really... bums dress like that!

and Ichimaru is just enjoying the events... this and... we know that the Soukyoku wasn't part of his plan... if he has one

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda guessing the Soukyoko plan was all just fan seculation now. If it had any importance, it wouldn't have been destroyed so quickly.

Now I'm wondering what's up w/Ukitake and Shinsui...

@Jadugar: Who cares about Zaraki, he's had his time and we know he will own no matter what. Ichigo's been outta action for too long. I'm lovin' this.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:32 PM
I dont read Bbleach manga so I really want to see Ichigo's bankai. He is kicking some asses without his soul slayer though. RESPECT!

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Everybody are too busy worshipping Ichigo's dick to even notice the fact that Ukitake & Shunsui just pitted themselves against all of Soul Society i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mwah hah Ukitake is the best <3

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Some of us did notice but like you said ichigo's dick is bigger. Bigger than his soul slayer.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Go Ichigo!

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Everybody are too busy worshipping Ichigo's dick to even notice the fact that Ukitake & Shunsui just pitted themselves against all of Soul Society

No they aren't

Now I'm wondering what's up w/Ukitake and Shinsui...

Seriously, have they been plotting this the whole time?

Splash!
Wed, 10-19-2005, 09:04 PM
is it just me or it seemed kinda weird that a blade as 'LEGENDARY' as the soukyoku was destroyed in 2 seconds

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 09:17 PM
I dont think it was destroyed. I think it was sealed or something.

Knives122
Wed, 10-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Shunsui and Ukitake are pretty cool for what they did, props to them

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 10:06 PM
and you know all this becuase you read the manga........... right

Knives122
Wed, 10-19-2005, 10:07 PM
no.....it's b/c of what they did in this ep. duh i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 10:14 PM
So tell me one thing. Do you read Bleach manga or not?i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Knives122
Wed, 10-19-2005, 10:18 PM
well Im guessing that since I had that avatar before the ep of Renjis bankai was showed I do, but I have been fooled before i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Do us anime watchers a favor and stop guessing. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Kensee
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:03 PM
@ Jadugar: ya never read the anime? I thought you did .. ah well.

Man in one day this thread went from end of page one to middle of page 4 -_- haha had to catch up and read.
Anyhow I do read the anime but watching it get animated ... WOAH that finall 3 vice on Ichigo fight was animated quite well.
The uppcomming fights ... I can't wait to see animated. ROCK YA hard!

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:12 PM
@ Kensee : I havent read Bleach manga but I do read others.

Yes, everyone agree on one thing. Ichigo RULES.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:16 PM
I dunno man, I do think Cloud looks cooler in that particular picture than Ichigo.

I think it's that little batwing of platemail on his hip that really brings the whole outfit together.

I also think this is the least fair time for that Naruto vs. Bleach poll. Bleach is at its most interesting point ever, and Naruto is in the middle of it's all-time low.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:21 PM
I dunno man, I do think Cloud looks cooler in that particular picture than Ichigo.

Maybe in that pic but overall Ichigo OWNZ.

I also think this is the least fair time for that Naruto vs. Bleach poll. Bleach is at its most interesting point ever, and Naruto is in the middle of it's all-time low.

There is very little room to set them apart but Bleach is only 54 episodes and Naruto has reached 156. Let see what happens to Bleach when it goes on for another 100 episodes.

Honoko
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:32 PM
but at the pace they're going, there isn't enough manga material for 100 eps..... does anyone know whether or not bleach'll take a break or will there be ridiculous filler until the manga gets ahead?

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:34 PM
I think when this arc finishes they will have to rely on fillers to give manga some time to get ahead.

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Bleach Society has released their sub of episode 54

http://www.bleach-society.com/

Kensee
Thu, 10-20-2005, 03:05 AM
How would you guys rank translation and video quality of Lunar, Bleach Society, and DB? On your opinions.

el_boss
Thu, 10-20-2005, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by: Nin10doman

Where is Gin?

Plotting. He's waiting for everyone to kill each other, and then he's just gonna bust in, finish all the weakened guys off with a happy "kthxbye" and then go do his crazy nuke-the-world thing.

Actually, since they already destroyed the Soukyoko (sp?) thing, I'm not sure what he wants to do...Maybe that was all BS and his true plan is to...uh...do something evil.

Mayby Gin wanted them to destroy the Soukyoko. Mayby he's away summoning some huge ass hollow that could only have been killed by the Soukyoko. I have not read the manga so I'm just speculating. But it feels like a perfect time to bring In a third party in the fight right about now. With the soul society in revolt and the ryoka owning their asses. Aizen might have at least been right about that Gin wanted to destroy soul society. Wonder why tough?

EpyonNext
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:19 AM
I dont think it was destroyed. I think it was sealed or something.

Its destroyed. In the manga you see that fucker get snapped right in two. The anime just didn't do a good job of showing that part.

And yes, my ass will be demolished along with everyone elses when Ichigo and Bayakua settle the score. The fight will be an ass demolishing apoclypse.

Everybody are too busy worshipping Ichigo's dick to even notice the fact that Ukitake & Shunsui just pitted themselves against all of Soul Society

Mwah hah Ukitake is the best <3

I disagree there. While Ukitake may be cool, Shunsui's total pimpness completely owns all.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:48 AM
I was dissapointed that Soukyoko got destroyed. I really thought that somewhere, somehow, Ichigo was gonna wield that thing at some point.

PSJ
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:52 AM

I don't agree, to me Ichigo is quite boring actually.

@Darthender: Yea great idea, give the main character who already got his current strength faster than anyone and got potential to become even more powerful the strongest weapon in all of Soul Society. That way we can end the show right here so we don't need to go through the trouble of watching more, we'll just know that Ichigo is cool and strong and have that feeling with us forever, right?

Jadugar
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by: PSJ

You have the right to disagree but you are in a minority so nobody give a fuck.

BTW you are praising Bleach's characters, story line and its humor in "Naruto or Bleach" thread.

Character-wise Bleach wins by a long shot.

Bleach wins in story to.

Then you bitch about it.

Yea great idea, give the main character who already got his current strength faster than anyone and got potential to become even more powerful the strongest weapon in all of Soul Society. That way we can end the show right here so we don't need to go through the trouble of watching more, we'll just know that Ichigo is cool and strong and have that feeling with us forever, right?

PSJ
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:43 AM
So i can't give my opinion about Ichigo because i am the minority here? Characters doesn't just include the main character, i'm talking about all characters. What i "bitched" about was darthender's post about the Soukyoko.

Btw? why the fuck did you bring in the praising of the storyline and the humour here when i have only posted about characters? Lastly why the fuck do you care if i don't like Darthender's idea about Ichigo wielding Soukyoko?

kenren
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:51 AM
heh...im enjoying every moment watching this...
ichigo finally showed his powersi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
hope we able to see ichigo pwn some asses...

darkmetal505
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by: kenren
heh...im enjoying every moment watching this...
ichigo finally showed his powers
hope we able to see ichigo pwn some asses...

oh ... there will be some pwing.... trust me

Jadugar
Thu, 10-20-2005, 11:06 AM
When did I say you cant give your opinion. I said you have the right to disagree with me but you are in the minority. I cant force my opinion on anyone else. You better get your glasses to read my earlier post.

It seems strange to me that you like Bleach characters and somesome says Ichigo(Main Character) rocks, you suddenly say he is BORING.

About the Darthender's idea : I was disappointed to see it get destroyed in 2 seconds. Its suppose to be thousand time stronger than any soul slayer. I wanted it to be sealed or stopped not destroyed or weilded by Ichigo. Thats all.

You seem to think that only you can use the word "fuck". Let see if i can do it.

Shut the fuck up.i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Alright ladies, thats enough. Either take it to PM's or get back to the topic.

Gotwoot Moderator

Kensee
Thu, 10-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by: darkmetal505

oh ... there will be some pwing.... trust me
How much pwnage?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/CHesswar.jpg
This much.

^^ anyhow, for some reason when I watched bleach society's version I was kinda hoping they'd change the music when Ichigo reappeared again. Silly me =P.

darkmetal505
Thu, 10-20-2005, 11:11 AM

^^ anyhow, for some reason when I watched bleach society's version I was kinda hoping they'd change the music when Ichigo reappeared again. Silly me =P.

well it would have been cool if they played number one when he entered, but they put it in later

Aeon
Thu, 10-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Just watched it and I liked most of it except for Ichigo stopping the phoenix like it was nothing. That was just utter bs that he could stop a weapon that had the power of 1000soul slayers without trying. He's too overpowered and that's what makes Ichigo boring to me.

Jadugar
Thu, 10-20-2005, 11:52 AM
I hope they explain the reason behind Ichigo being so powerful enough to stop the ultimate enforcer and how did he reach his bankai. Cant wait for the next episode.

Kraco
Thu, 10-20-2005, 12:13 PM
About the Darthender's idea : I was disappointed to see it get destroyed in 2 seconds. Its suppose to be thousand time stronger than any soul slayer. I wanted it to be sealed or stopped not destroyed or weilded by Ichigo. Thats all.

Aye. I was also disappointed to see it destroed so easily. But I wasn't surprised it seemed so weak against Ichigo - not after I saw it wasn't used by anyone. It was just the weapon wielding itself. Although the soul slayers have their own identity, I don't think they really fight normally all by themselves, other than to verify the quality of their master, in a certain sense.

Hmm... It took this awesome episode to finally make me register after a few months of only reading these jolly good forums...

el_boss
Thu, 10-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco

Aye. I was also disappointed to see it destroed so easily. But I wasn't surprised it seemed so weak against Ichigo - not after I saw it wasn't used by anyone. It was just the weapon wielding itself. Although the soul slayers have their own identity, I don't think they really fight normally all by themselves, other than to verify the quality of their master, in a certain sense.

Hmm... It took this awesome episode to finally make me register after a few months of only reading these jolly good forums...

Didn't they have like an item that was desiged solely for destroying it. I didn't think it was that weird that it broke so easily. Though mayby because it was a Phoenix it will get revived, and they will have to fight it again.

Splash!
Thu, 10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
makes the story in aizens letter about hitsugaya wanting to get a hold of soukyoku to take over soul society even less believable. How can somebody take over soul society with something that was destroyed so easily

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-20-2005, 02:17 PM
I laughed at Rukia's "replacement" at the end.

Yeah, Ichigo stopping the Soukyoko so easily was a little annoying. When he's overpowered like that, it's annoying. But when he's overpowered by making quick work of the VC's so easily, it's cool.

So it all balances out. [cool sunglasses smiley-thing]

Munsu
Thu, 10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by: splash
makes the story in aizens letter about hitsugaya wanting to get a hold of soukyoku to take over soul society even less believable. How can somebody take over soul society with something that was destroyed so easily

Maybe the soukyoku alone is pretty weak... but with someone behind it controlling it, it becomes that more powerful...

Mae
Thu, 10-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I was really glad that noone took souyoku just because I hate it when villains just stupidly give away their plans for no reason. It's also nice when you're expecting something and the plot takes a quick side turn. And it seems like the letter supposedly from Aizen really was just a trick.

Now it looks like several captains are breaking away from soul society. Maybe Gin's true goal is to cause a rebellion and seize control in the resulting chaos? Byakuya could be in on it with him, but it just doesn't seem his style to me for some reason... It's much more fun when you have to guess everyone's motives.

As for Ichigo's block, well, I wouldn't think souyoku would use a whole lot of power to kill one helpless woman. It looked like it was just starting to really attack when it was bound again.

The comedy in the ep seemed a little out of place to me, but not too bad. The next ep should be good too.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-20-2005, 06:15 PM
This ep was pure magic. The way he took care of the three vices was awesome.

I really hope the next ep isnt a filler also i want to see Zaraki fight and the pink captain's slayer.

ChaosK
Thu, 10-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Just watched it and I liked most of it except for Ichigo stopping the phoenix like it was nothing. That was just utter bs that he could stop a weapon that had the power of 1000soul slayers without trying. He's too overpowered and that's what makes Ichigo boring to me.

lol for some reason, ichigo's entrance seemed a lot bigger in the manga because in this 1 they were playing soft music and he just appeared there, no loud clashing sound that i was expecting...

next ep ichigo vs byakuya?! or...some don kanoji thing?

heero
Thu, 10-20-2005, 07:21 PM
bleach is getting soooo awsome! Rukia almost made me cry when she was about to die. Ichigo's power is amazing. Yachiru was so funny lmao

mage
Thu, 10-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
lol for some reason, ichigo's entrance seemed a lot bigger in the manga because in this 1 they were playing soft music and he just appeared there, no loud clashing sound that i was expecting...

yeah, it was kinda lame the way the introduced him.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-20-2005, 08:22 PM
I missed the part where Yachiru said she was gonna "take care of all the strong guys" when I first watched it. That made me laugh. I wish we could see her fight.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:08 PM

@Darthender: Yea great idea, give the main character who already got his current strength faster than anyone and got potential to become even more powerful the strongest weapon in all of Soul Society. That way we can end the show right here so we don't need to go through the trouble of watching more, we'll just know that Ichigo is cool and strong and have that feeling with us forever, right?

Totally man. Cause in Shounen anime there's never new badguys coming out of nowhere that are 1000 times stronger than the previous ones.

*cough*

Aclypze
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:29 PM
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/8956/afroguy1tq.jpg

WTF was with this guy at the end...

Assassin
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:43 PM
he says hes rukia'a replacement....i guess hes the shinigami they sent to patrol the area rukia used to cover.

2:25
Thu, 10-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by: Aclypze
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/8956/afroguy1tq.jpg

Hahahaha. I was thinking the exact same thing.
Man, I hope the action continues in the next episode.

EpyonNext
Fri, 10-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Nabeshin wannabe?

Kraco
Fri, 10-21-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by: Aclypze

That guy would faint if he actually had to face a hollow...

heero
Fri, 10-21-2005, 03:32 AM
maybe he's strong

el_boss
Fri, 10-21-2005, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by: mage

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

yeah, it was kinda lame the way the introduced him.

From the music they played, I tiought Rukia had died and gone to a magical fairy land or something. Something like the Naruto song "need to be strong" would have been perfect in that situation.

basey44
Fri, 10-21-2005, 07:16 AM
yea it was much better in the manga, rukia was ready to die, then BAM ichigo was there

i might try to find a pic

edit: well i had a look and found to get the flow u needed like 9 pages, which is the last half of chapter 150. instead im just gonna post a pic of ichigo looking cool and the execution blade

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/2848/mangarainbleachch15013146at.png

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1945/mangarainbleachch15102038th.jpg

mage
Fri, 10-21-2005, 07:41 AM
lol you posted the pics same time as me.

basey44
Fri, 10-21-2005, 07:48 AM
hehe but mine are better than urs i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

edit: aw u got rid of them

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-21-2005, 11:14 AM
I rather liked the relaxed music during Ichigo's entrance. Not everything has to be a showstopper.

Kraco
Fri, 10-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
I rather liked the relaxed music during Ichigo's entrance. Not everything has to be a showstopper.

Seconded. I think the event was orchestrated from Rukia's point of view. She had already resigned and accepted death. Thus the calm and lowkey music made sense. And even after Ichigos appearance I think they wanted to emphasize more the mystery than fighting spirit or power. Besides, Ichigo was indeed pretty relaxed all the time.

Kensee
Fri, 10-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco

Originally posted by: XanBcoo

Seconded. I think the event was orchestrated from Rukia's point of view. She had already resigned and accepted death. Thus the calm and lowkey music made sense. And even after Ichigos appearance I think they wanted to emphasize more the mystery than fighting spirit or power. Besides, Ichigo was indeed pretty relaxed all the time.

Let's see how long that relaxation last though. Remember he's gonna take on one of the most famous captains, and if you watched the intro, you'll realize he has more than one trick up his sleeve.

Next episode wont but a filler, but it might not be Ichigo fighting the whole time =D, there are countless fights happening around S.S!

Get ready for an orgy of mass actioness to your eyeballs. i/expressions/devil.gif

Knives122
Fri, 10-21-2005, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by: Roko
... Ichigo rocks! The rukia throwing thing was pretty funny; great comical relief ...
^^v
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap143.jpg

Yes that was comedy hahah. I also liked how it showed the release of three vice-captains soul slayers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap146.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap148.jpg
BTW his picture doesnt show this but he acutally says "Drill, Gonryoumaru!" when releasing his blade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/kenniyito/bscap151.jpg

Basey just reminded me of something, this stuff is much cooler in the manga. Most of the stuff was the same, but they did different things or didnt zoom in as much.

so just I thought this specific part in the manga was cooler then when it was animated I feel like posting some of the pics from the scenes, and sorry guys no relaxing music i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (I decided to crop the pictures to pack down on the size of them, but that probably wont help much......or will it hmmmm):

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9894/bleach4pj.jpg

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/7388/bleach28ub.jpg

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/1156/bleach38nc.jpg

Told you they did stuff differently
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3426/bleach47kv.jpg

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/7403/bleach517xc.jpg

Kurplaw(dont ask) -_- :
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/3206/bleach55le.jpg

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/5418/bleach64ie.jpg

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/4048/bleach76kx.jpg

I left these two intact b/c well they took up the whole page:
http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/1945/bleach83hv.jpg

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/598/bleach96lx.jpg

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-21-2005, 01:37 PM
After all the hyping up of this episode i was just a little disappointed. They really dragged out the execution and I didn't see any thing resembling a plot to take the Soukyou's power by a renegade Soul Society faction... Byakuya looked just content to watch, Gin wasn't there (looks like he's tailing Hitsugaya) ...

Sorta wish they'd concluded Kenpachi's fight first.... I'm also sorta interested to see Ikkaku and the Bish's fights with teh Vice-Captains. Don't suppose they matter all that much to the story, but even matches are enjoyable, even if just between weaker characters.

What the hell was that thing Ukitake and Shinsui used to attack Soukyou? Where the hell did that thing come from and how does it destroy the most powerful weapon in Soul Society?

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Perhaps all will be revealed soon. Or at least I hope so.

All the scans Knives posted looked better animated imo. I think it was that part of the episode that made it so damn cooool.

Kensee
Fri, 10-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
After all the hyping up of this episode i was just a little disappointed. They really dragged out the execution and I didn't see any thing resembling a plot to take the Soukyou's power by a renegade Soul Society faction... Byakuya looked just content to watch, Gin wasn't there (looks like he's tailing Hitsugaya) ...

Sorta wish they'd concluded Kenpachi's fight first.... I'm also sorta interested to see Ikkaku and the Bish's fights with teh Vice-Captains. Don't suppose they matter all that much to the story, but even matches are enjoyable, even if just between weaker characters.

What the hell was that thing Ukitake and Shinsui used to attack Soukyou? Where the hell did that thing come from and how does it destroy the most powerful weapon in Soul Society?

It's a family weapon, which only purpose is to seal stuff especially the Soukyou. So it takes a long time to unseal and its only can be used by a few people.

As you can see it took the power of two captains just to activate it after it was unsealed. Anyhow remember, Bleach always leaves you guessing, just wait and see and all will be revield.

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-21-2005, 07:44 PM
So I'm still sort of wondering what exactly that thing that Ukitake destroyed the Soukyou with? A gigantic "Seal" type magic device?

Ukitake Jyuushiro is the 13th Squad (Rukia's old squad) Captain right? That shield-type thing that roped down the Soukyou had a crest that read "Shihouin" and is supposed to be from that family or something. How the hell did he get it? Way too Deus ex Machina for me. ... Tho I callously admit that I thought it was sorta cool...

Hakeem_21
Fri, 10-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Maybe he is from the that clan thats how he got it?

Isnt the pink Captian's name Shihouin?

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 10-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Yourichi is the Shihouin. Pink vice-captain = Yachiru.

SorC
Fri, 10-21-2005, 08:56 PM
No it isn't. The only character with that family name is ....... Shihouin Yoruichi.

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-21-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm also one of those who liked the music when Ichigo came to save Rukia. Having adrenaline pumping stuff there would disrupt the "magic" of the moment IMO, and would also be very unfitting since Ichigo's and Rukia's conversation at the time wasn't really heated. As Xan said... not everything needs to be a showstopper. BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!

Knives122
Fri, 10-21-2005, 11:17 PM
please dont say Believe it, I get enough of that when I watch the dub of Naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-21-2005, 11:27 PM
woo Knives caught the reference :S

basey44
Sat, 10-22-2005, 01:23 AM
i liked byakuyas entrance in the manga when he had a shot at ichigo, in the anime i showed his footsteps and stuff where as in the manga is was just like he appeared and ichigo saw it coming, cos it was meant to be a flash step but the way the anime handled just took too long in my opinion.

still though, everything is major ass kickage

and people complaining about how the seal thing destroyed the execution blade (i can never remember the name in jap :confusedi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif that makes perfect sense for it to be that quick and easy cos thats what it was designed to do

Aramis
Sat, 10-22-2005, 07:31 AM
Seems like DB's versions have slightly lower visual quality than the others...well, they're also slightly smaller in size.
Now then, will Zaraki and Komamura fight in spite of what's going on?

Kraco
Sat, 10-22-2005, 07:50 AM
I doubt Kenpachi much cares what's going on as long as he has a worthy opponent to fight. And he seemed happy enough when Komamura summoned his Bankai.

john_doe_107
Sat, 10-22-2005, 09:32 AM
can anyone say specifically why the shiohuin or whatever family crest is so damn powerful/important?
its yoruichi-san's family crest innit?

Kensee
Sat, 10-22-2005, 06:19 PM
It's not really powerful ... it's just doing it's job. Anyhow that whole sealing creast thing has no big role in the story.

Just wait and see! (I was tempted to say BELIEVE IT! here -_- damn you terra!)

kyubisrage
Sat, 10-22-2005, 06:34 PM
anyone else realize that byakuya attacked ichigo when ichigo was busy? He told ichigo the second time they met he isnt worthy for him to attack him while he is distracted.

el_boss
Sat, 10-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by: kyubisrage
anyone else realize that byakuya attacked ichigo when ichigo was busy? He told ichigo the second time they met he isnt worthy for him to attack him while he is distracted.

You are right, I didn't think about it like that. Byakuya must have shit himself when he realised Ichigos immense strenght, if he attacked him from behind like a fucking pussy. Byakuya is obviously going to lose when he stoops to such dishonorable acts to win a fight.

Jadugar
Sat, 10-22-2005, 07:59 PM

I think Byakutya is gay and he likes Ichigo's tight ass. He keeps on sneaking up behind everyone. He abused Renji so badly that Renji got used to it and finally learned to dodge the attack/quicky.

Ban Kai
Sat, 10-22-2005, 09:52 PM
lol~~~. poor vice captains got pizzowned~

el_boss
Sun, 10-23-2005, 05:31 AM
I think Byakutya is gay and he likes Ichigo's tight ass. He keeps on sneaking up behind everyone. He abused Renji so badly that Renji got used to it and finally learned to dodge the attack/quicky.

So that's why everyone is afraid of him. Now I understand why he recruited Rukia to his family, he's into incest and what not. Wonder if he has mastered the flash-hump yet? I tell ya, that Byakuya is one sick bastard.

isso
Sun, 10-23-2005, 08:11 AM

[quote]

So that's why everyone is afraid of him. Now I understand why he recruited Rukia to his family, he's into incest and what not. Wonder if he has mastered the flash-hump yet? I tell ya, that Byakuya is one sick bastard.

flash hump.. that'll be nice to see.. hehe

john_doe_107
Sun, 10-23-2005, 11:10 AM

what the fuck man..haha..
maybe he needs ichigo to stick zangetsu up his ass..maybe we'll get to see him twitch an eyebrow or something.
byakuya looks like he needs a bit of humping. better yet.. forget zangetsu..use the soukyoku i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif see byakuya smile i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Darknodin
Sun, 10-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Byakuya is not being dishonorable (well he is but...). He simply being pragmatic. he acknowledge that the opponent is strong and might have a chance (slight or not) of defeating him... so he attacks to silence that threat... Its like killing a tarantula that gets into your house... the odds of it killing you are low, but you just don't take any chance...

el_boss
Sun, 10-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by: Darknodin
Byakuya is not being dishonorable (well he is but...). He simply being pragmatic. he acknowledge that the opponent is strong and might have a chance (slight or not) of defeating him... so he attacks to silence that threat... Its like killing a tarantula that gets into your house... the odds of it killing you are low, but you just don't take any chance...

The reason you kill a tarantula from behind(?) is beacuse there is no other way, animals are retarded, deal with it. That's like the worst analogy ever you should have used a snake or something . I don't know what pragmatic means but I assume it's something like pregnant pussy. If so, you are totally right. Byakuya is a pregnant pussy.

This is what I said:

Byakuya must have shit himself when he realised Ichigos immense strenght, if he attacked him from behind like a fucking pussy. Byakuya is obviously going to lose when he stoops to such dishonorable acts to win a fight.
Thats basically the same thing that you wrote.

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-23-2005, 07:05 PM
I saw that coming from teh looks he was giving Ichigo when he showed up.

Ichigo has become a damn nuisance to him; he used the first chance he got to try and put him away for good. I wouldn't call it dishonorable - he's just fed up. Though I don't think he counted on Ichigo being stronger. It's like Renji said, Byakuya takes no notice of anyone else, so Ichigo's little power boost is really gonna take him by surprise.

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Xan is pretty close to it, I feel. I also thought Byakuya was being a pretty devious bastard by going at Ichigo when his back was turned. I don't think Byakuya thought of it as dishonorable, because he doesn't have any respect for non-nobility. He probably doesn't even think he should fight fairly with Ichigo because that would be acknowledging his power, which Byakuya sees as illegitamate.

Byakuya has pride, more than anything else. It would be lowering himself to fight Ichigo as an equal, in his opinion. I don't think it was desperation or fear or treachery that made him attack from behind, it was simply lack of respect and complete contempt for Ichigo.

Mae
Sun, 10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Byakuya is proud, but I don't think he's stupid. I think he realized that Ichigo has grown more powerful, and the attack can be seen as actually a mark of respect. When they previously met he didn't want to attack Ichigo while he was distracted. This wasn't about honor, really, but more contempt of Ichigo's skills, saying that he didn't need an edge, because even fully prepared Ichigo wasn't close to a match for him. Now he takes that advanatage, because Ichigo's improved and he might actually need it. Either way, should be a good fight.

Aeon
Sun, 10-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I think Byakuya's attack was a test to see if he could block it. If he was worried about Ichigo getting stronger he wouldn't have let him escape the first time to go train.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 10-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Bakuyaya isnt a pussy as you say he is just clever enough to try and get his enemy from behind.

Even though i dont like him i like his style he fights to win and dont take anyone lightly.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-23-2005, 10:13 PM
I would like to take the time here to mention the fact that Byakuya pretty much always flashsteps behind his opponent and stabs them from behind. So you could say that he's ALWAYS a dishonorable fighter or always an intellegent fighter depending on how you like to look at it. But this particular encounter isn't any different from before.

EpyonNext
Sun, 10-23-2005, 10:28 PM
In a fight that involves life or death, there is no such thing as dishonorable.

basey44
Sun, 10-23-2005, 10:32 PM

idiot, i could say so much about this but it would very much derail this thread, just think back over the last centuary and tell me if you think anything done during wartime has been dishonourable

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 10-23-2005, 11:04 PM
When an individual's life is at stake I very much doubt they would have a problem being dishonorable.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Don't tell a samurai that, he'll cut your face off.

EpyonNext
Mon, 10-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by: basey44

idiot, i could say so much about this but it would very much derail this thread, just think back over the last centuary and tell me if you think anything done during wartime has been dishonourable

First mistake is bringing wartime into the post. At no point did I say that war has no dishonor. War, or at least over the last hundred years as you are refrencing, has not been about Honor or dishonor. War is fought to settle dispute. Be it over land, power, or money, war is a means to an end. It could be as simple as Country A saying they want Country B to give their land up. Country B says no and Country A wants the land so bad they are willing to take up arms over it. I'm not going to get into the political intricacies of who is leading each country as I'm sure you are first thinking to counter that peice of argument with. Read Levithan by Thomas Hobbes if you want a good idea on my views of civil government, it's leadership, and it's people. Although it isn't an entirely accurate view, I happen to beleive in God and like democracy.

Now that we are done with why war is fought lets get down to the meat of War, the actual fighting. That battle is a fight for ones life. When fighting a war, any war for that matter, honor has no place. If a warfighter can shoot and enemy in the back I garuentee they will. Thats one less person that can kill the warfighter or any of his friends(on the battlefield with him), and ultimately bring harm to his friends and family back home. The purpose of the warfighter is to kill or aid in the processes requierd to wage war. The job a warfighter is to end the battle as quickly and violently as possiable. This does not mean to nuke a country if unnessiccary, but if a strong show of force is used, the defeated country is less likely to scream headlong into a fight against the victor. On a battlefield one should and most always will use overwhelming force to defeat an enemy. For facts sake, US Army infantry is not supposed to engauge an enemy unless they have three times the number of men that the enemy has. An Example would be that a squad of 12 men is not supposed to engauge any element larger then four men. This doesn't always turn out like that but it's the docterine that is important here. Some will say that is dishonorable to do such a thing. If someone says that, they must truly put themselves in the warfighters position and ask themselves if they want to go home when the fighting is done, and at the very least if they want to die. At that point any pretenses one had about honor and dishonor will wash away because at that persons core, they want to live, go home to their wife, kids, girlfriend, friends, mother, father, sister, brother, ect.

Your second mistake was to even think you should lecture me about war. As George Orwell once said, "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I am one of those rough men. Fighting wars is my job, which I volunteered to do just because I want my friends and family to be able go about their lives without worrying about a carbomb exploding beside them or a plane crashing into where they work. I would not hesitate for even a fraction of a second to kill my enemies if they so much as lifted a finger to harm those dear to me. Call it dishonorable if you like. I'll take that route if it means those I love can live without that burden.

If you want to argue this further, feel free to PM me. I'll do my best to give you a well thought out argument for your points.

Kensee
Mon, 10-24-2005, 09:52 AM
This thread just hit a curve and went off on a bit of a tangent... just to Clarify, Byakuya thinks very LITTLE of Ichigo. In fact he really sees Ichigo as just scum that needs to be eliminated. Why the sneak attack? Well, he felt as if Ichigo wasn't worthy to fight him so he attempted to do what he did when they first met and just take him out fast.

Evidence of this could be shown at the minimal reaction Byakuya gives when Ichigo blocks it again, and will be made more apparent later on.

@EpyonNext: Are you in marines, army, etc? Sounded like it just wanted to clairfy.

Anyhow, how is everyone doing anyhow?

FrogKing
Mon, 10-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks Kensee for getting back on track...I was starting to think I was reading the wrong thread. I don't want to get into the whole dishonor/honorable attack, but I do think that Byakuya was trying to test Ichigo's reaction and/or to determine how far he has come since he left with Yorouichi. I am sure he expected Ichigo to block the Shinpon (sp?), but like the fight with Renji...he also has a Bankai " Kageyoshi" (Blossom Brutal Shadows)! Can't wait till they square off which I hope is this week, so we can see Ichigo's Bankai as well!

Kraco
Mon, 10-24-2005, 01:13 PM
It's actually quite interesting if you think about Byakuya's Shikai/Bankai: They are both very slow, and thus would allow almost any opponent jolly good time to counter-attack. I wonder if it's just for that purpose that the guy has invested so much energy to otherwise become so fast. He could evade the enemy attack while preparing his Shikai or Bankai. Or in case the opponent is weak (relatively) like Renji, he just used some demon magic for the same effect. Maybe the opening already showed us Ichigo using this weakness.

FrogKing
Mon, 10-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Hahahaha, very good point Kraco why be a master of the quick/flash step and yet have a slow developing powerful attack that both Yorouichi and Renji have blocked. The attack has been counter using various techniques and the opening shows Ichigo attempting to counter it using what looks like something similar to the way he finished off Renji the second time around. Maybe your Soul Slayer's Shikai/Bankai is a reflection and/or balance of your fighting style. Btw, I hope they don't play that Pointer Sister sounding song when Ichigo owns Byakuya...

el_boss
Mon, 10-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by: FrogKing
Btw, I hope they don't play that Pointer Sister sounding song when Ichigo owns Byakuya...

Do you mean that song "If you wanna see som action, you have got to be the center of attraction". Man I hate that song, I dont understand why they use a lame song like that for the intence action scenes. I would mute the sound when that song comes on but I get paralyzed from it's extreme awfulness.

FrogKing
Mon, 10-24-2005, 03:14 PM
That's the one! I kinda like the 80's guitar rift and the overall mood of the song; it does reflect what is going on in the anime. That said, when the singing lady chimes in I just imagine that it's Japanese and that I can't understand what what is being said ('cept I think it was the Bleach Society sub that actually had subbed the song for karaoke..then my plan was f'd).

Deadfire
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by: FrogKing
That's the one! I kinda like the 80's guitar rift and the overall mood of the song; it does reflect what is going on in the anime. That said, when the singing lady chimes in I just imagine that it's Japanese and that I can't understand what what is being said ('cept I think it was the Bleach Society sub that actually had subbed the song for karaoke..then my plan was f'd).

Nope "Number one" (the song) you discribe is sung in english...so in Japan they have no real clue of what she is saying( that is of course they don't understand english)..... my source for this info is my Bleach OST on my hard drive

FrogKing
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Deadfire, I was being facetious. I realize it is in english...I hate that song so I imagine that it is in Japanese; therefore, I don't have to be reminded how fricken painful it is to hear some Pointer Sister wannabe sing "it's naaaaaatural!" without cringing.

a_odessey
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:41 PM
sweet, WOO, this was awesome. he mauled those v-captains like they were nothing... total pawnage....... one of the best bleach eps ever!!!!

more reason to join my group!

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:38 PM
The song Number One kicks ass.

Like you could do any better!

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Number One sucks. You're all tone deaf. It's downright bad and doesn't fit the series in any way, regardless of when it's being used. Seriously, it's that awful.

I can't believe so many people like it. :S

mage
Tue, 10-25-2005, 12:03 AM
i love number one

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-25-2005, 01:13 AM
No song with words should ever be played when stuff is going on during anime. Period.

And if you have to have a song with words, yes, Number One is terrible.

el_boss
Tue, 10-25-2005, 06:33 AM
No song with words should ever be played when stuff is going on during anime. Period.

And if you have to have a song with words, yes, Number One is terrible.

You are absolutely right. The lyrics somehow take away the attention from what's happening.

I "number one" on song number one.

EpyonNext
Tue, 10-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Depends on the song and the situatuion, IMO. I think there are time that a lyrical song can add a whole lot to a scene. I do agree, however, that it gets used at times it shouldn't.

Oh, I like Number One. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Edit: Kensee, I'm in the US Army.

Aramis
Tue, 10-25-2005, 02:58 PM
that song is okay once in a while, currently i think it's slightly overused though..

masamuneehs
Tue, 10-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Both Aramis and Kensee are correct. Terra misses the boat for a change. "Number One" is a great song that is overplayed in the anime. Wish there was another "optimistic battle music" theme once and awhile... You know, something that could fit the mood for more serious battles where Ichigo is not quite so confident as desperate and grittily determined to win or die trying. Number One works best when he's acting all cocky and surprising his opponent with his resilence and natural skills.

Jadugar
Tue, 10-25-2005, 08:14 PM
I totally agree with masamuneehs there should be a Plan B /Song B.

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-26-2005, 12:43 AM
I agree that the song is awesome when used correctly (like Masamuneehs said). Saying that, I think it was used perfectly in this episode. It's also my favorite song on the OST (right next to "Life is Like a Boat").

Also @Frogking: I don't see how imagining it in Japanese makes you hate it any less. Frankly, if you hate it just because it has lyrics, the language doesn't matter - unless you just really love Japanese so much that you get pissed off when it's not being sung in anime.

FrogKing
Wed, 10-26-2005, 02:11 AM
Actually XanBcoo, you missed my point competely. Perhaps I'll clear up my post a bit....what I meant was that I think that song is dogshit and it deters from an otherwise great scene!

Edit: Also, I really like "Life is Like a Boat". It is one of the better closing credit songs out there.

el_boss
Fri, 10-28-2005, 05:54 AM
Sub of episode 54 out by Lunar.

Lunar-Anime (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/)