PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok The Animation

Litterbox
Sun, 10-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Downloaded the batch torrent for Ragnarok The Animation the other day, and went to go watch it. When I opened up episode 1, it completely refused to play. Flat out didn't work. "Failed to render file" message in the bottom left of my MPC.

So, to see if all of the files in the batch torrent were duds I opened episode two. And it worked! Well, for a second anyways. Then it made the same noise a tape-deck makes when the casette dies. That really quick "Wreep!" noise like all the sound just went flying by. Then the picture dies, as does my computer. It'll freeze for quite some time. (I was able to watch two, very slow people unpack their computers from a van into my house by the time it finished freezing) only to have the anime finally jump on my screen, in some of the worst quality ever. Also, it completely fills the screen and moves onto my TV. (Dual monitor style. Monitor 1 = Monitor. Monitor 2 = TV.) So I have to drag this giant window across my screen to close it down.

Did I simply have bad luck and end up with corrupt downloads, or could it be a codec issue?

I'm using the CCCP, Windows XP SP2, and MPC.

kenren
Sun, 10-16-2005, 09:13 AM
sinces you are using the CCCP..codecs definitely are not the problem...
so i think the files are corrupted.

BioAlien
Mon, 10-17-2005, 03:18 AM
well there is a high posibility thats the files are corrupt so just redownload it or you can try with different codec or with a different media player