PDA

View Full Version : SwordsMen

AnimePunk
Sat, 10-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Type the swordsmen name of who you think is the best and next to his name type what anime series from which the person came from.

IT can be any person has long as they use a sword as a weapon.

Darknodin
Sat, 10-15-2005, 08:34 AM
uh Kenshin probably....
or Sephiroth...

from ongoing animes i'll have to go with Van from GunXsword

aznroyale
Sat, 10-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Kenshin

kenren
Sat, 10-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Sephiroth [ FF7 ]

aznroyale
Sat, 10-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Sephiroth was cool too

RedX1z
Sat, 10-15-2005, 11:20 AM
seta soujiro from rurouni kenshin. kenshin won by luck, you know he did!

edit:or zero from rmx, does he count?

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Gutts (Berserk) It takes real skill to wield a huge sword that is little more than a slab of iron and still swing it as fast as any fencer.

isso
Sat, 10-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Himura Battosai

nests
Sat, 10-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Kuchiki Byakuya from Bleach
its just awsome when he says chire and the sword scatters

Jadugar
Sat, 10-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Jubei............Ninja Scroll

Kenshin

FelixZeroAlastor
Sat, 10-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by: UltxDarkRedX1

Agreed.

FrogKing
Sat, 10-15-2005, 05:06 PM
I agree with Jagugar, Kibagami Jubei all the way. He used an awesome blend of intelligence and skill to defeat enemies. Not to mention he took down Genma and his special technique&I base my observations the Ninja Scroll movie and not the TV series. I would agree that a close second would be Kenshin (got to give it to the Battosai and the way of the Hiten Mitsurugi) followed by Zaraki Kenpachi...I just love the way he takes on opponents and how he savors the fight (not to mention he is a total badass and that is without using shikai or bankai)!

Darknodin
Sat, 10-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor

Originally posted by: UltxDarkRedX1

Agreed.

maybe... but kenshin got stronger after that

Hakeem_21
Sun, 10-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Gutts-Berserk i havent seen the anime but i read the manga

Jubie- Ninja Scroll who had amazing swordskill. I just wish the anime wasnt that short.

Soujiro Hiko- Kenshin

kAi
Sun, 10-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Guts from Berserk, Kenpachi from Bleach, and Mugen from Samurai Champloo.

Gundam_Strike
Sun, 10-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Kenshin
Guts
Sephiroth

Shuurai
Sun, 10-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Makoto Shishio from the anime Rurouni Kenshin

If he wasent held back by his time limit he would beat everyone in the RK world.

aznimperialx
Sun, 10-16-2005, 12:53 PM
jin? (samurai champloo)

Ban Kai
Sun, 10-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Hiko Seijuro the 13th. He owns Kenshin. He beat that emotionless kid who cracked vs Kenshin with a bottle when he was drunk.

Deadfire
Mon, 10-17-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm thinking of either Jubei or Kenshin

Masamune
Mon, 10-17-2005, 01:02 PM
jiraquille mihawk

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by: Shuurai

If he wasent held back by his time limit he would beat everyone in the RK world.

This is a sad truth in the RuroKen world. Shishio was leagues stronger than Kenshin and even when he was worn down, he could have continued to fight if not for his...condition.

Also, Soujirou didn't lose by luck - the Amakakeru pwned his ass. You know it did.

My votes:
Kenshin
Hiko Seijuro.
Guts

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-17-2005, 04:14 PM
1. Gutts - Berserk - No contest. This man is downright insane and unstoppable. Doesn't bring all the "I must do the right thing" burden into battle and his instincts are absurd ("For you whose life is tied so closely to death shall strive all the greater to escape it") He is built like a brick shit house, is surprisingly quick, knows no fear and has a variety of tools in his arsenal. Not even 'God' can kill him

2. Soujirou no Tenken- Rurouni Kenshin- If this little man had stayed nice and insane he'd have wiped the floor with everyone! Shows how sanity destroys a good fighter... How fast? Too fast! Shows no emotion, finds pleasure in sick and evil acts, and makes Shunpo look like a joke.

3. Himura "Battosai" Kenshin- -rurouni Kenshin- Probably the smartest swordsman I've ever seen. His knowledge of battle tactics and ability to find ways to gain an advantage over opponents in battle is re-fucking-diculous. Seems to lack power, but is fast and resourceful. Unfortunatley, he seems to have a lot of emotional baggage that can be exploited and used by enemies to totally ruin him...

4. Kurosaki Ichigo- Bleach- The kid is still developing and he rocks expirienced veterans! Only thing that would make him better would be Demon Magic, which, I do believe, he is unable to attain. Reminds me of Gutts in numerous respects, but lacks that vicious animal-like wrath.

5. Sephiroth- FF7- I put him here because I think he's still one of my favorite villains of all time. Unfortunatley, it seems that he's unable to beat an infuriated teenager who sneaks up on him... His sword skills never get much focus in FF7...

Gundam_Strike
Tue, 10-18-2005, 06:03 AM

It was because his limit/condition that he could use fire. It was a double-edged Sword.

The best swordsman is Miyamoto Musashi

Gundam_Strike
Tue, 10-18-2005, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by: Gundam_Strike

It was because his limit/condition that he could use fire. It was a double-edged Sword.

Besides, Kenshin had fought numerous guys before getting to Makoto. And if Kenshin had given up his Soul and become the Battousai, he would have totally rocked his ass without problems.

The best swordsman is Miyamoto Musashi

Sorry for the double post, I meant to edit and not double post.

PSJ
Tue, 10-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Alright let's stop with all the "if"'s and "but"'s.

I agree with Masamuneehs on #1, however #2 and #3 should change places. Also there is no way in hell that Ichigo is #4 in his current state. I would like to Give #4 to Jiraquille Mihawk, he's just insane. #5 is our lovely Aizen-sama of Bleach.

There ya go, a list worthy of this thread.

GhostKaGe
Tue, 10-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Gutts is the man theres no contest

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah i dont think any swordsman in anime,manga or even videogames would have chance against him. He got everything power,speed,toughness.

Darknodin
Tue, 10-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Yea... i gotta agree... 100-man Gutts is simply invincible