PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite fight scenes.

Necromas
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Okay I guess I should start off!

Combatants: Sasuke vs. Orochimaru

Time: Second phase of the Chuunin Exam

Description: It starts with Sasuke being completely overwhelmed by Orochimarus power and not fighting back, until Naruto saves him by stopping the gigantic snake summon (hey, Naruto did something cool!), then Naruto is knocked out and Sasuke goes all out on Oro, using his sharingan to do some sweet high speed moves while Oro stretches like a snake and goes crazy, Sasuke does a nice finishing move where he grabs Oro by the waist and does a 100ft dive slamming him headfirst into a tree, but it was a clone, and Oro is about to pwn Sasuke but he attached explosive balls to Oro and when they blow Sasuke uses the distraction to throw Shuriken with strings attached and tie Oro to a tree, and uses his Dragon fire blast finishing move (prolly got the name wrong) pretty much destroying the GIANT tree Oro is tied to. Oro's fake "face" starts to melt off but he is completely unharmed, calmly walks forward snapping the wires, and then dissapears melding into the tree.

Comments: This fight scene had great animation and moves in it, and it was nice seeing Sasuke going all out like that in a fight he pretty much couldn't win.

P.S. This isn't the only fight scene I love, I'll be posting more when I have time to describe them and stuff, and feel free to post yours!

Jadugar
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Most of the fight scenes have been discussed in this thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=16126&enterthrea d=y) already.

My favorite is Lee/Gara.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar
Most of the fight scenes have been discussed in this thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=16126&enterthrea d=y) already.

My favorite is Lee/Gara.

The only fight that even come near the Lee/ Garra fight are the Lee/Kimimaru and the Temari/Shikamaru fight

heero
Thu, 10-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Hmm there are a lot of fights that I like...
Lee vs Gaara
Naruto vs Neji
Naruto vs Gaara
Lee vs Kimimaru
Naruto vs Sasuke

I think I like Lee vs Gaara best...but I love them all! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kenren
Thu, 10-13-2005, 10:26 PM
lee/kimimaro.
enough said.

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-14-2005, 01:55 AM
This isn't my favorite fight, but I really really like it for some reason.

When the Demon Brothers attack Kakashi, Tazuna, and Team 7 on the road to the Wave Country. Something about the way the fight is coordinated is just so cool.

The switch between dramatic pauses and high energy bursts make it really exciting. Like when Sasuke has pinned them to the tree, grips their arms, and then kicks the shit outta their faces - camera pauses - then it goes back to normal as they tug, release their chain, separate, and make a mad dash for their target.

Just feels like a real ninja fight to me.

pureskillz
Fri, 10-14-2005, 04:29 AM
besides the sannin showdown near epi 100, my favorite is he one i just saw! lee, dog-boy, and shikamaru, all about to die, AND THE SAND DUDES HELP'EM OUT! GO GAARA!

BioAlien
Fri, 10-14-2005, 05:17 AM
Lee vs Gaara
Naruto vs Neji
Naruto vs Gaara
Lee vs Kimimaru
Naruto vs Sasuke
Naruto/Sasuke vs Haku
Jiraya/Tsunade vs Orochimaru

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-14-2005, 05:19 AM
Neji VS Hinata (die bitch)
Zaku "VS" Sakura (where he beats her "abusive husband style")

The rest in no particular order

Deidara VS Gaara
Rock VS Kimimaro
Rock VS Gaara
Sasuke VS Gaara

basey44
Fri, 10-14-2005, 05:25 AM
i liked seeing saukra get the shit beat of her too

but yea
demon brother
sasuke vs oro
anything with zabuza or haku
lee v gaara
and theres a few more

Shinda
Fri, 10-14-2005, 10:35 AM
the best in my opinion is Lee/Gaara

these were also pretty cool: Kimimaru/Gaara and Kakashi/Zabuza

Strider
Fri, 10-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Well ..

01. Rock Lee v. Gaara _
Seriously, does this really need an explanation?

02. Rock Lee v. Kimimaro _
.. WHAT?! I like Rock Lee. And, so do you. You know it. Say it.

Regardless, this was a great fight.

03. Naruto v. Sasuke _
This was animated so well. Mainly, Episode 133. But, everything that was added was exceptional.

04. Neji v. Kidoumaru _
The genius went wild ..

05. Sasuke v. Orochimaru _
I believe this was the first time the animation was done by the Korean (?) animation studio. Everything was so fluid, and the way they animated the speed and swift movements was great. I watched this so many times over it was ridiculous. I still do, occasionally.

There are a few more, but listing any more than five might be a bit much. I'll end up going through the whole series.

Jadugar
Fri, 10-14-2005, 06:08 PM
How come no one mentioned the third's fight with Orochimaru. Its not my favorite but its one of them.

Ban Kai
Fri, 10-14-2005, 09:15 PM
I liked Sasuke vs Orochimaru the best =P. His Dragon Fire Jutsu was hawt!

dark maginn
Fri, 10-14-2005, 09:58 PM
rock lee vs gaara
naruto vs sasuke
rock lee vs kimimaro

Psyke
Fri, 10-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Kakashi vs Demon bros
Sasuke vs Orochimaru
Rock Lee vs Gaara
Shikamaru vs Temari
Sasuke vs Gaara

All these are based on the animation in the anime, not the manga.

Kensee
Sat, 10-15-2005, 01:51 AM
Choji vs Big guy...

Dude, I got teary eyed when Choji finished that fight, thought he was dead.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 10-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Neji vs. Kidoumaru

Lee and then Gaara vs. Kimimaro

Sarutobi vs. Orochimaru

Jaredster
Sat, 10-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Mine has to be Lee/Kimimaru

Strider
Sat, 10-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Based on the Manga, Shikamaru v. Tayuya is one of my favorite battles. Reading over it, I was so excited by the way Shikamaru simply remained several steps ahead of Tayuya. That kid's too smart.

06. Sandaime v. Shodaime, Nidaime & Orochimaru _
'Cause Jad's right, this battle's definitely worth mentioning. The sheer level of all of the Hokage were amazing. I won't list any more, damnit! .. I'll end up going through the whole damn series. Seriously.

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-15-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm gonna list Shikamaru's battle with Temari.

That's the fight that made him my other favorite character. He's so awesome.

Jadugar
Sat, 10-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
I'm gonna list Shikamaru's battle with Temari.

Originally posted by: Strider
Based on the Manga, Shikamaru v. Tayuya

Shikamaru's battles are real intriguing. He holds onto his trump card. His leadership shills are unmatched. He is not flashy but insightful. Plus I like his laid back attitude.

I am a hardcore action fan. I even like little bit of action. Remeber when Lee was first introduced when he stopped both Sasuke and someone(cant remember)'s kick at the same time.

el_boss
Sun, 10-16-2005, 10:36 AM
There were alot of cool fights when they were chasing after Sasuke when he first left Konoha. . The whole incident with Itachi vs the jounins was really awesome as well. And in the beginning when Zabuza kicked the shit out of the gang with only a kunai in his mouth, that was a great fight to. But if we are talking about one on ones my all time favourite is hands down Lee vs Gaara, that fight is the reason I have continued to watch naruto. Any fight that has involved Lee have always been very entertaining, since they are always different and do not end because of the same technique every time.

Some other fights that have been good:
Orochimaru and company vs Sandaime (alot of cool techniques)
Shikamaru vs anyone (he is always fun to watch)
Most fights that haven't involved Naruto
All fights that have involved grown ups

Assertn
Sun, 10-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by: el_boss
Any fight that has involved Lee have always been very entertaining, since they are always different and do not end because of the same technique every time.

Yeah because the villian always won i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

nests
Sun, 10-16-2005, 01:07 PM
I just finished rewatching all the figths figths in the anime and I have come to a decision that the best fight is Sandaime Hokage vs Shodai Hokage and Nidaime Hokage its just very high level figthing and judging by the rest of the figths I dont think theres is anyone right now in the series who could have taken down the Sandaime Hokage by themselves

Splash!
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:49 PM
i would have to say Naruto vs Gaara

I liked seeing Gamabunta jumping up and down and destroying stuff

Necromas
Sun, 10-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by: splash
i would have to say Naruto vs Gaara

I liked seeing Gamabunta jumping up and down and destroying stuff

Not to mention when Naruto did an explosive note kunai version of the 1,000 years of pain technique!

Technically, that technique damaged Gaaras body more then Chidori did!

a_odessey
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:50 PM
hmmm, one of my favorites (can't believe noone mentioned it yet) was between sasuke when he woke up and those sound guys when he kicked their a$$es with orochimarus seal, other fights i enjoyed are pretty much all fights besides the ones in fillers, and..... the ones that didn't just last 1 minute

Strider
Tue, 10-25-2005, 11:12 AM
I was disliking Sasuke at this point, and from this point on, it simply nosedived even further into the recesses of my growing hatred.

This wasn't even much of a fight, either. The only part I liked was when Sasuke broke Zaku's arms. I mean, that shit was so hard. It was like something pulled straight out of those gangster movies. Zaku was begging and everything, then *SNAP!*

Funnily, I like most fights. However, I really disliked Kiba's fight with Sakon / Ukon. I just dislike Kiba, though.

Aside from anything Sakura related, are there any fights that people don't like at all?

Jadugar
Tue, 10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Aside from anything Sakura related, are there any fights that people don't like at all?

I am waiting for her fight against Sasori in anime.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 10-25-2005, 09:09 PM
That fight should be great.

Fights I didn't like....... The Baka brothers...

Necromas
Tue, 10-25-2005, 10:07 PM
Worst part about the Lee vs. Gaara fight is when Lee COMPLETELY WTFPWNS Gaara and he takes almost no damage BECAUSE OF A FRICKING GOURD!!!

heero
Tue, 10-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by: Necromas
Worst part about the Lee vs. Gaara fight is when Lee COMPLETELY WTFPWNS Gaara and he takes almost no damage BECAUSE OF A FRICKING GOURD!!!

They should have made Gaara take some damage from the Ura Renge...Cause Lee is suppose to have powers of a Kage when he open the gates. There's no reason he cant damage through that damn sand armor.

aznroyale
Wed, 10-26-2005, 09:30 PM
i was bored of the fight until Lee took off the weights

Necromas
Wed, 10-26-2005, 10:28 PM
The Lee fight from the fillers is a bit funny on ep 157, but I wont say since alot of people havent seen it yet since its only the RAW.

Strider
Thu, 10-27-2005, 04:14 PM

That's because Gaara is cheesy. He's garbage.

That entire ending was complete, utter bullshit.

Especially when you consider that the Gourd was hollow to begin with, as it was merely a container for his main sand that was mixed with chakra, yet it was enough to protect him from Ura Renge. PFT!

Gaara's trash. Even more so now without Shukaku.

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-28-2005, 01:03 AM
I've always been a little pissed at the Lee/Gaara fight. Not in how it ended, just in that Gaara came away completely unscathed. One minute, he's lying down, pushed to his limits, beaten soundly, struggling to kill Lee, and the next he's up and about.

Pissed me off. I understand Lee's loss, but Gaara should have been damaged more.

Naruto_RNG
Sun, 11-06-2005, 11:05 PM
mine would be naruto vs that kid who was in love with zabuza. for first time we saw the power of kyuubi. and Naruto vs. garaa which we saw the actual kyuubi in action. and also the oro, tsunade, jiraiya battle. never liked susake, the guy is too cocky needs a real beating, but liked the fight between him and oro. i was pissed when naruto lost to him though dame plot device, i hate it.

Assertn
Mon, 11-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG
mine would be naruto vs that kid who was in love with zabuza. for first time we saw the power of kyuubi. and Naruto vs. garaa which we saw the actual kyuubi in action. and also the oro, tsunade, jiraiya battle. never liked susake, the guy is too cocky needs a real beating, but liked the fight between him and oro. i was pissed when naruto lost to him though dame plot device, i hate it.

You're pretty much the only guy in these forums who doesn't know Haku's name.

Strider
Tue, 11-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Who's Haku?

.. And, we never saw the Kyuubi in action, during the Gaara match. It was a combined Henge. A mere transformation. Nothing like the original.

In regards to this moment, though .. could Gamabunta not see himself? I mean, why didn't Gamabunta say something? Afterall, it was Gamabunta who faced the Kyuubi at the moment of its sealing.

Naruto_RNG
Tue, 11-08-2005, 10:23 PM
what i meant was not the real kyuubi just it's shape how it would really look like. i know it wasn't the real one. and AssertnFailure in naruto series so many weird name show up that u forget old people's name.

Strider
Fri, 11-11-2005, 03:47 PM
The badass-ery of Haku should have prevented you from forgetting his name. Three hundred more episodes down the line, you should still remember the first androgenous character shown.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-11-2005, 08:55 PM
In regards to Gamabunta recognizing Kyuubi, he was only shown fighting alongside the 4th in the anime. The manga version was just a page of text, if I remember correctly. So something like Gamabunta recognizing the Kyuubi probably wouldn't have been in the manga either. I guess.

DeathScytheHCv2
Sat, 11-12-2005, 01:48 AM
My favorite fight scene was Itachi vs Kakashi. Specialy when they were in tsukunoyomi, that was sado at its best. how can anyone can forget how kakashi was being stabed until insanity?

justush
Mon, 11-21-2005, 04:09 AM
My first post. So it's a bit long.

Neji VS Hinata (die bitch)
hah! exactly my sentiment. i was hoping she would leave the series for good...

Neji vs. Kidoumaru
i don't think anyone else of that gennin squad could've stood a chance against Kidoumaru.
i especially like the sound effect when Neji uses his gentle fist jutsu.

Most fights that haven't involved Naruto
All fights that have involved grown ups
Endings of Naruto's fights are quite interesting since they (i.e. those who created the series) have to come up with something to save that poor bastard. He is main character after all. But the openings of his fights....

I also like any fight involving Lee, cuz that usually means a LOT of action.

justush
Mon, 11-21-2005, 04:19 AM
Yup, I was frowning too. But it was at least explained that he uses sand armour that eats up alot of chakra. However, when Naruto released everything he had to fight Sasuke in the valley of end, all Sasuke got were some minor scratches. WTF? Maybe it was discussed already, but could someone enlighten me please. Oh, I get it, he has to kill his brother first, so he simply refuses to take damage. ridiculous.

Divinity
Mon, 11-21-2005, 04:16 PM
My favorite part is when Naruto WTFPWNS Kabuto with his Rasengan to save Tsunade.

IT WAS SO COOL!!! LIKE ZOMG!!!

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 11-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by: justush

Yup, I was frowning too. But it was at least explained that he uses sand armour that eats up alot of chakra. However, when Naruto released everything he had to fight Sasuke in the valley of end, all Sasuke got were some minor scratches. WTF? Maybe it was discussed already, but could someone enlighten me please. Oh, I get it, he has to kill his brother first, so he simply refuses to take damage. ridiculous.

I haven't seen the animated version, but to my understanding, Naruto simply got owned. From beginning to end, Sasuke made him look like a fool that fight. Everything naruto pulled that fight, was pure BS, and Sasuke must've decided that he's not taking shit.

Divinity
Mon, 11-21-2005, 06:15 PM
I haven't seen the animated version, but to my understanding, Naruto simply got owned. From beginning to end, Sasuke made him look like a fool that fight. Everything naruto pulled that fight, was pure BS, and Sasuke must've decided that he's not taking shit.

Actually, the fight was evenly matched, but during the chase after Sasuke, the 4 sound guys taught him how to activate his cursed seal to stage 2 and that if he stays in that stage for too long it will eventually take over him.

Sasuke turns into stage 2 at the end and barely defeated Naruto during his nine-tails berserk form. Naruto ended up making a big scratch on Sasuke's forehead protector and I forget where I heard this, but someone said Sasuke would've died if he didn't have the foreheard protector on.

To sum it all up, Sasuke's stage 2 was just barely enough to beat Naruto. Maybe he got a lucky hit on Naruto while Naruto only got Sasuke's forehead protector.

Sasuke turns super saiyan and matches up to Naruto's power, but in the end Sasuke wins.

Carnage
Mon, 11-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Personally, i think this was the best fight in all of Naruto. There was great animation and many suprises, such as Sasukes 3 pupil Sharingan. I'd say the entire fight was pretty much balanced out since each time Sasuke became stronger (Cursed Seal, Full Sharingan,) Naruto upped a level with the Kyuubi. In the end they both ended up injured and worn out. This fight was great.

Divinity
Tue, 11-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
Personally, i think this was the best fight in all of Naruto. There was great animation and many suprises, such as Sasukes 3 pupil Sharingan. I'd say the entire fight was pretty much balanced out since each time Sasuke became stronger (Cursed Seal, Full Sharingan,) Naruto upped a level with the Kyuubi. In the end they both ended up injured and worn out. This fight was great.

Definitely the best fight scene.

Splash!
Sun, 11-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Gaara vs Naruto was a pretty damn good fight!

Tinks
Mon, 11-28-2005, 03:28 AM
The first real arc

Which included

Sasuke, Naruto, Kakashi, Zabuza and his teammate (name escapes me at the moment)

To me that whole fight, the first appearance of nine tails, then when zabuza runs down the pier killing all those people with no arms and just a blade in his mouth was amazing

XanBcoo
Mon, 11-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by: Tinks
Sasuke, Naruto, Kakashi, Zabuza and his teammate (name escapes me at the moment)

The badass-ery of Haku should have prevented you from forgetting his name. Three hundred more episodes down the line, you should still remember the first androgenous character shown.

poopdeville
Wed, 11-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG

I hated the Naruto/Haku fight. That ice cage was so lame. It really broke the illusion that the characters were just humans with special *physical* abilities instead of Harry Potter-like magicians.

My favorite fights are:
1* Sasuke/Naruto
2* Orochimaru/Sarutobi
3* Lee/Kimimarou

I think it's because of the fluidity of the fights. They weren't just standing around planning their next move. They were fighting and planning and reacting at the same time. The GAINAX-like attention deficiet disorder style of animation suits the fights too.