PDA

View Full Version : GameBoy PokeMon

aznroyale
Wed, 10-12-2005, 10:49 PM
lol gba pokemon -_- i used to cheat
my friends use to bitch at me when i win battles lols

RedX1z
Wed, 10-12-2005, 10:56 PM
it's been ages since i played that, seriously, ages. it's been like 7-8 years, i hardly remember anything, but all i know is that i didn't cheat..

aznroyale
Wed, 10-12-2005, 11:19 PM
i think last week, i was mad bored and i was playing it lols

RedX1z
Wed, 10-12-2005, 11:34 PM
i'll never go back! never! you can't make me! to hell with it! i will not catch it all! bah! shut up! leave me alone! now, time for snes emulators and other things.

BioAlien
Thu, 10-13-2005, 12:30 AM
what so funny about pokemon?

LaZie
Thu, 10-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Its not really fun battling your friends when your pokemon can 1hit ko any pokemon there is.

Aclypze
Thu, 10-13-2005, 08:16 AM
I bought Pokemon Leaf Green which was a remake of Pokemon Blue. It's like the same thing, but with better graphics and no missingo. Fun for a while..

aznroyale
Thu, 10-13-2005, 08:18 AM
i think i had that in the japanese version

BioAlien
Thu, 10-13-2005, 08:44 PM
lol look at this picture i took from the pokemon on the pokemon website (and no i didn't edit the images)
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1990/bug3ei.jpg

dark maginn
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:29 PM
the only pokemon i played for gba was silver and gold not bad but got tired of it when i beat it like 7 times...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Pokemon was cool until they started flooding the market with the games. After gold and silver I was pretty much done until me and my friend went on a road trip to the Florida Keys and that was like 20 hours or some shit so we bought either a ruby or saphire. That game was fun. Havent touched anything pokemon since.

dark maginn
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:38 PM
forgot to mention i played pokemon ruby but never beat it though lol

aznroyale
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by: dark maginn
forgot to mention i played pokemon ruby but never beat it though lol

i gave up after the first badge on my brothers ruby verison
blue and sliver i played a lot -_-

Mite Gai
Thu, 10-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Last one I played was that Crystal version though I never beat that since I was too lazy and quit half way through. Oh, and the best was the first two because of missingo. All my pokemon were lvl 100, and I remember battling all my friends who had the same steroid enhanced pokemon (mind you, this was when it was still cool).

LaZie
Thu, 10-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Mass duping those Master Pokeballs and Rare Candy i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-13-2005, 11:05 PM
I remember messing with the Missingno glich in Pokemon Red. LOL, that was pretty God damn funny.

BioAlien
Thu, 10-13-2005, 11:32 PM
as for me i have played all the pokemon game, and i have finished them all

aznroyale
Fri, 10-14-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
I remember messing with the Missingno glich in Pokemon Red. LOL, that was pretty God damn funny.

i cant believe that pokemon killed all my friends pokemon i was cracking up

Originally posted by: BioAlien
as for me i have played all the pokemon game, and i have finished them all

damn, no cheats?

Assertn
Fri, 10-14-2005, 01:53 PM
there's actually a serious conversation going on here?
i owned the red one...it was cool like, 6 years ago, before it became popular

PSJ
Fri, 10-14-2005, 07:03 PM
I played red like a slave when i was like 11-12 then bought the silver but it just wasn't fun anymore, if felt like a copy of red and blue.

NM
Fri, 10-14-2005, 07:21 PM
I had the red one and the gold one as well. They were both quite fun. For the red one, I actually happened to encounter MissingNo. by accident...I didn't even know he was a glitch or anything. So what did I do? I caught him because I thought he was a real Pokemon and saved the game. And well...it pretty much messed up my Pokemon stats that you can view when you beat the last four bosses on the computer. Yeah...I was an idiot back then. -.-'

BioAlien
Fri, 10-14-2005, 08:53 PM
damn, no cheats?

of course with no cheat! these game are so easy to beat, and also, all the pokemon game look almost the same, so after finishing 1 its easy to do the rest

aznroyale
Fri, 10-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by: BioAlien

damn, no cheats?

of course with no cheat! these game are so easy to beat, and also, all the pokemon game look almost the same, so after finishing 1 its easy to do the rest

nah i meant like rare candy cheat mastrer ball cheat lols

BioAlien
Fri, 10-14-2005, 11:40 PM
well no... the master ball i alway use it on a hard catching pokemon (like rayquaza in emerald, or mewtwo in other version) for the rest of the legendery (like the Regi, those damn bird(moltres, zapdos, articuno and also lugia (am i forgeting someone...?)) pkm i use Timer Ball (the longer it take the better) or put them to sleep with paralyze and lower they stats to catch them with a ultra ball, and rare candy.. i never use them i alway sell them lol, it's a stupid idea putting a candy thats can make a pokemon lvl up...

RedX1z
Sat, 10-15-2005, 10:58 AM
i never liked the new games for one reason, the new pokemon sucked big time. old school kicks the new ones anyday. go charmander!

Zinobi
Mon, 10-17-2005, 12:08 AM
i think the last one i played was Colliseum but umm i liked crystal alot i had a wither lvl99 or 100 (whichever was the highest u could get) Scizor or whtever it was called and i ruled all no one could beat me.....mwahahahaha but yeah tht was a while back....oh! i also got bored and beat pokemon snap not too long ago but tht was the last of any pokemon anything i played or touched or watched

BioAlien
Mon, 10-17-2005, 01:20 AM
last pokemon game i played was Pokemon XD : Gale of darkness, on NGC
last movie of pokemon i saw was : Destiny Deoxys

LaZie
Mon, 10-17-2005, 01:41 AM
Pokemon Snap.........best pokemon game ever i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

6Zabuza9
Mon, 10-17-2005, 04:19 AM
pokemon ruby, but i lost it and that was my only gba game i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif now i have a empty gba lol

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 10-17-2005, 10:21 AM
I played the GBA pokemon game and I caught all 200 of the little bastards the only reward I got was a fricking "thank you and goodjob" from the development team. Fricking bullshit, after that I never played another pokemon game again. Stupid nintendo refuses to actually evolve the series. It really is a shame since pokemon uses typical RPG conventions to make something that's really really addictive. Battle system needs to evolve though. It usuaully boils down to two super ubber buffed up level 100 critters using the same most powerful type attacks against each other. Need some way to introduce the importance of defensive techniques. Also nintendo should make pokemon into a MMORPG. Just think about it. The structure of the game suits the MMORPG mold so well it would be worse the polio on this generation of children. But since nintendo is filled with a bunch of fricking dumbasses who head the company most likely we'll just see the pokemon franchise stagnate and die a slow death.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 10-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by: LaZyKiD
Pokemon Snap.........best pokemon game ever

That was a fun game. I beat all the pokemon games up untill Crystal. By then, I just lost intrest in in (also
started high school) I kept all the games near my dusty Gameboy Color. Then, in my senior year, my little
cosin found them and saved over every game. I was so pissed, still am, because I don't have the time or
patience to do it all over again.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-17-2005, 11:36 AM
I had red version. I got my main team up to about level 80 or so, and my game got deleted while I was attempting a cloning (a glitch within the trading system).

Then I got Yellow version. I got my main team up to about level 90, and I left my backpack on a beach on accident (with my game inside it). Tide came in and...well...deleted my game.

I got Gold version after that, but once I got my team up to level 99, I had lost interest in the franchise. It's still sitting on my shelf waiting to be picked up again. But I guess it's better that way, if I try and play it - I might jinx it and get it deleted.

The problem with the first two is that since I only used about 6 pokemon for my main team, I got really attached to them all and was really sad when the files were deleted i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

I also had Pokemon Snap - awesome game i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif