PDA

View Full Version : Guy beats Mario 64 in 20 min.

Knives122
Tue, 10-11-2005, 05:51 PM
this IMO was amazing, he beat the game with only 16 stars. And check out the way he goes down that princess slide(you remember the one); this vid. is definately fantastic at the least.

Greatest Game ever played(on the 64) (http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/238/20_minute_Mario_Bros_64.html)

RedX1z
Tue, 10-11-2005, 06:03 PM
that's amazing, i also saw the one where someone beat mario 3 for nintendo in 12-13 minutes with maximum lives..if i find it, i'll show that as well..

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Man, sick use of the glitches in the 64 vid.

suyeda
Tue, 10-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Wow, being an avid Mario 64 player back in the day. That was quite the show.

masamuneehs
Tue, 10-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I am still picking my jaw up from the floor... How the hell? I mean, I almost still can't believe it, and I just saw... wow

6Zabuza9
Tue, 10-11-2005, 07:49 PM
so rigged. he has exact timing for like everything

aznroyale
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:08 PM
they take mad short cuts

Roko
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:34 PM
wow quite impressive and crazy use of short cuts

dark maginn
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:42 PM
wow they do take shortcuts lol

suyeda
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by: 6Zabuza9

How could it be rigged?

Phoenix20578
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Holy crap....... that is truly the work of a true master gamer!!!

BTW, this wasn't rigged, this guy just knew the game incredibly well. As was said, if you can't
appriciate this, you are not a true gamer.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:17 PM
That's incredible. This is more amazing than the Super Mario 3 video because it's a 3D game and moving around is harder than a side scroller.

LaZie
Tue, 10-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Hes pullin Jackie Chan movies out of Mario's ass.

BioAlien
Wed, 10-12-2005, 04:00 AM
oh my god... thats guy is a freak, 6 star in 5 minute! and thats the time it took me to win only 1 star... compare to him i suck lol

AngelEyez
Wed, 10-12-2005, 04:26 AM
Seen it before, but its pretty impressive to do the whole game in 20 mins. I've seen another Mario game completed in 8 minutes and 30 seconds. The guy playing it just continuously jumps around and completes the level within seconds.

Shuurai
Wed, 10-12-2005, 06:40 AM
Now that was impressive i've never played mario for more than 10 minutes and anyone can tell that was a work of art

Psyke
Wed, 10-12-2005, 10:44 AM
I've forgotten the link but there was a site where you can download amazing speed runs/prefect runs of experts playing games such as Contra, Rockman, and even Metal Gear. I used to download combo videos of KOF and the Capcom vs games and I'm pretty much amazed by the videos most of the time.

Strider
Wed, 10-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
I used to download combo videos of KOF and the Capcom vs games and I'm pretty much amazed by the videos most of the time.

I still do. They're great.

Plus, the fact Sanford and I are good friends, I download a lot of the tournament videos for MvC2.

But, like Shuurai .. I never played the game for very long, and I know it took me more than twenty minutes to get one star. For him to complete the entire game in that time is simply AMAZING.

I watched it twice, as I couldn't believe some of the things he was doing. Everything was so precise. It was like, not a single move was wasted. And, the way he ran through some of those levels .. jaw-dropping, without a doubt.

Great find. If any of you find those other videos of expert run-throughs, please post it!

Xollence
Wed, 10-12-2005, 11:28 AM
That's crazy. I've seen someone beat the original mario brothers in a few minutes.

I don't think it's rigged. There were a few times where he messed up.

Strider
Wed, 10-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, like he bumped into a few walls with some jumps a few times. I'm sure that wasn't his intent, since he was trying to make it into the portal.

There were some things I didn't understand.

Like, when he was running up the long stair case. Why did he run along the wall? Did that increase speed? And, why did he go the route of sliding backwards, up the other staircase as opposed to running like he previous did?

Assertn
Wed, 10-12-2005, 11:49 AM
glitch exploits......
there's NO other way he couldve reached the final battle with less than (what was it, 70 stars? 100?)

yeah, he did mess up about 3 times, once almost at the end......that wouldve sucked....
but i'd believe it wasnt rigged. It only took 20 min to beat after all, how many tries do you think he took until he had a successful recording?

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
glitch exploits......
there's NO other way he couldve reached the final battle with less than (what was it, 70 stars? 100?)

yeah, he did mess up about 3 times, once almost at the end......that wouldve sucked....
but i'd believe it wasnt rigged. It only took 20 min to beat after all, how many tries do you think he took until he had a successful recording?

I'd say about 100. The only reason I say this is because his timing was too direct. That kind of timing
cannot be acheived without extreme knowlege of the game and constent practice in certain area's
(Video glitches, 10sec. Stars, Etc.).

Dezalanel
Wed, 10-12-2005, 04:02 PM
That was AWESOME! I was an avid player of that game when it came out back in 96. That was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen.

Strider
Wed, 10-12-2005, 05:31 PM
After watching this again .. what was he doing with the bunny?

Also, there had to have been glitches. If you watch it carefully, you'll notice he enters a room that clearly requires 20 Stars, with only 15 or 16 ..

Am I missing something, considering I never played the game too in-depthly?

All in all, this is still an amazing video and find.

masamuneehs
Wed, 10-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Somehow bringing the Bunny so close to that door (that's why he kept messing around with it in the doorways) can bump Mario into that room. The bunny doesn't disappear and when he somehow managed to grab the bunny through the door to bring him to the Bowser Basement Door it looks like it pushed him into the room. I can't remember ever reading about this, but once he got the key from the Fire Sea it didn't matter that he didn't have enough stars, he could go to the 2nd Floor and do that crazy Backwards Long Jump trick (that freaked me out, when he got into the Clock Room without getting those stars!)

Going down the slide was awesome, as was the jumping through the floor to skip running up the stairs to the 2nd Floor. Must have taken him tons of time to master...

aznimperialx
Wed, 10-12-2005, 06:04 PM
its cause he planned out everything before so he knows how to get to where just like that

Strider
Wed, 10-12-2005, 06:13 PM
It made me want to dust off the Nintendo 64 and play this game.

Not like I could seriously dream to do such a thing, like in that video, but it sure did inspire me enough to dare to try ..

Board of Command
Wed, 10-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by: Strider
Like, when he was running up the long stair case. Why did he run along the wall? Did that increase speed? And, why did he go the route of sliding backwards, up the other staircase as opposed to running like he previous did?
That's one of the glitch exploits. When he did that "backward slide" he moved at a ridiculous speed.

aznroyale
Wed, 10-12-2005, 10:47 PM
almost every game has short cuts. just to see if you know -_-

Raven
Thu, 10-13-2005, 02:56 AM
A few people mentioned that SMB 3 video where he completes it in about 11 minutes. That was done using an emulator and playing the game frame by frame so that it was perfectly done with exact precision and not a second wasted. The guy even made an official statement saying "I was never claiming this was legit, it was only ever done for fun, I'm sorry if I upset anyone or destroyed their dreams".

I'd say it's more than likely the case here, too. Sorry to burst your bubble guys.

KoKo37
Thu, 10-13-2005, 07:37 PM
omg... that game took me so long to beat when i was little... now i wanna play it again n see if i can beat in less then 35 mins lol

Deadfire
Fri, 10-14-2005, 12:45 PM
One word!

WOW

(I can't post my two word answer because of forum rules....which for some odd reason I spent time reading)