PDA

View Full Version : Get-Out of My Plane

Munsu
Tue, 10-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Man, this article takes the cake on how stupid this country really is...

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs..../NEWS10/510060362/1002 (http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051006/NEWS10/510060362/1002)

Koyuki
Tue, 10-11-2005, 01:57 AM
...wearing a T-shirt with the pictures of President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and a phrase similar to the popular film, "Meet the Fockers."

Hehe nice one, Southwest Airlines are jerks. What's the big deal with the shirt. >.<

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-11-2005, 02:32 AM
Damn, that's insane...

The article was funny enough, but what made me laugh was the thread title. Very appropriate. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Zhan
Tue, 10-11-2005, 02:54 AM
whatt theee fuckkkk....thats so stupid

BioAlien
Tue, 10-11-2005, 06:08 AM
there are realy stupid and immature people in this world (i'm talking about those asshole how complained)
its just a damn shirt, so who care!, and...

President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
its true thats they are fockers

Assassin
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:03 AM
they should get the guy who complained to pay for everyhting....a civil suit against him would be better. plus it would satisfy thier lust for revenge

Strike Freedom
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
I'm tired of SHIT like that. This country is not a democracy, the rich rule the land. Not only that, the government takes our rights away one by one. They do it in such a way that we do not even notice. And when people do notice, they play the people like a fiddle with the media to get our minds off of things. In other words, this government functions in such a way that they want us to focus only on ourselves. When people start complaining the media starts focusing on other problems, such as crimes and so forth. But no one ever realizes that we're losing our democratic government: No Parking here, More Taxes for this (pretty soon there is gonna be a tax for the air we breathe), you cannot say this word, you cannot act like this, you cannot express your thoghts in such manner.

But this is ultimately the people's fault. We want more government regulation. We want someone to do the work we're supposed to. We want someone else to blame if something goes wrong. We criticize everyone except ourselves. We've become a nation that has strayed away from the very thing our ancestors fought for in creating this nation. The United States is in danger of losing the true idea of democracy which was first present in our country. I understand times have changed, but to allow government control to this extent is wrong. Instead, people are more worried about sports, clubs, parties, friends, love life, financial well being. These things are fine and dandy, but what does it matter to have all this if you're restricted in your freedom, the greatest of all those.

In a democracy, people should not fear their government. People should not fear speaking out against it. People should not fear to fight it. People should not fear to protest. Why? It is the people that rule the government. Can we honestly say that about the United States. Benjamin Franklin said it was natural for a nation such as ours to have a civil war every 100 years or so, we're well overdue. Overdue, in the sense, that, the people need to take back their rights and freedom. The people should not fear the government, the police and so forth. This country, its people need to wake up and take a serious evaluation with what is going on, especially the youth who represent the future.

Strider
Tue, 10-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Amen.

This seriously is bullshit.

Strike hit most of it on the head, so I won't bother reiterating. Very well said rant, though.

SK
Tue, 10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Reading that makes me want to punch someone in the face.

~1~

Lefty
Tue, 10-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Well I must remembr to waer my 'pancake motherfucker' t-shirt the next time I fly. I think this country is turning to a playground of five year olds.

Xollence
Tue, 10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
lol that's stupid. The guy that got offended should've left the plane instead.

The United States is in danger of losing the true idea of democracy which was first present in our country.

Actually it was first present in the Greek civilization. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SK
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
US doesn't have a true democracy, neither did the Greeks lol.

~1~

Strike Freedom
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence
lol that's stupid. The guy that got offended should've left the plane instead.

The United States is in danger of losing the true idea of democracy which was first present in our country.

Actually it was first present in the Greek civilization.

Um, you misunderstood that sentence. I meant it as a contrast of now and then. The US started out with a democracy, and now it is not present. That's how I meant it. I never meant it as the US being the first to have a democracy. Sorry for those who may have misunderstood.

Xollence
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:20 PM
I didn't say they did. I said the idea was, but one of their 5 types of governments was democratic.

Um, you misunderstood that sentence. I meant it as a contrast of now and then. The US started out with a democracy, and now it is not present. That's how I meant it. I never meant it as the US being the first to have a democracy. Sorry for those who may have misunderstood.

Hehe oh I see, but even back in 1776, if you spoke against the country and it's government your property would be seized and even in some places your life would be in danger.

Munsu
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:26 PM
I think this is not a matter of being a democracy or not...

It a simple matter of the majority of the people walking around with a stick up their asses

Winged Dancer
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, the US is an indirect democracy, so most ancient greeks would laugh at it.

Also, democracy is being lost in most of the world anyway. It's a great system when people are either completely and utterly civlized (like, uh, people from Sweden and Finland and Switzerland) or very few, like in Ancient Greece.

But who cares.

And that is stupid. Not the article, but the morons who complained about the shirt. I mean,

"At any point when a passenger has a complaint against another and it becomes an issue that could disrupt the flight, our attendants have the discretion to take the appropriate action,"

If I was a steward at that plane and some hag came bitching about the un-patrioticness of that shirt or whatever, I'd just tell her that everybody has the right to wear whatever clothes they want so sit down and shut the fuck up, ya idiotic wench.

You think if I complained about people wearing shirts with the american flag all glittery I could get them down the plane? No, that would make me the terrorist. Stupid humanity, most of it sucks.

SK
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:42 PM
The ancient Greeks didn't have a true democracy either! If they did Perecles woulden't have been a dictator, I'm not going to teach history but you guys should read a book called Antiquity: From the Birth of Sumerian Civilization to the Fall of the Roman Empire. Yes I am a nerd.

~1~

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:49 PM
When I go to the US I'm gonna wear a shirt that says "Bush raped my pregnant christian sister with a gun he stole from a retired man in Texas" for maximum offense

SK
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:50 PM
If you do make me a shirt too! And take pics.

~1~

Xollence
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by: SK
The ancient Greeks didn't have a true democracy either! If they did Perecles woulden't have been a dictator, I'm not going to teach history but you guys should read a book called Antiquity: From the Birth of Sumerian Civilization to the Fall of the Roman Empire. Yes I am a nerd.

~1~

I didn't say it was a "true" democracy(no one ever had a ), but at one point they did have a form of government that was democratic in a way. Of course there were other forms such as Monarchy, oligarchy, tyranny, democracy, I forget the other one(it's been a while since I took Greek civilization). BTW I will be teaching history starting next year. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Shinda
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:54 PM
whoa, how totally exaggerated by the people on the plane. if they are annoyed about a t-shirt so much than just don't look; it's not like someone forced them to look at it.
and even if they are in direct eyesight; the person who wears it still has the right of expression of opinion and if she thinks the people on the shirt are fucker than she has the right to express it.

and besides, I bet the shirt wasn't even meant to just annoy anyone, but just a bit of comedy.

el_boss
Mon, 10-17-2005, 04:18 PM
If you are interested you can find similar shirts here "http://www.tshirthell.com/" (http://www.tshirthell.com/) they have some funny shit.