PDA

View Full Version : forum = new window

Tue, 10-11-2005, 12:19 AM
i was wondering what gw and gw forum users' consensus is on the fact that we open a new browser everytime you click forums from the homepage....

Firstly, if GW sees it necessary it be done then this doesn't really need to be discussed.

If not, what do forum users think?

I'm not sure if I can internally control that myself so help me out if I can...

complich8
Tue, 10-11-2005, 03:54 AM
I have a couple of thoughts about this:

First of all, if you're using a decent browser, you can just force it into a new tab. Firefox will gladly do this for you (if you tell it to). Opera will, too (whether you want it to or not). Now, if you want to just follow straight in to the forums, don't want to look at the main page at all, that brings us to the second point:

Who uses the main page to get to the forums? I just go straight for forums.gotwoot.net and totally bypass the affront to design sense that is the front page, and would suggest you just do the same! There you go, non-issue.

So yeah, I had to vote "don't mind" :-p.

Munsu
Tue, 10-11-2005, 04:22 AM
I totally agree with complich8....

I think in the last 2 months i've visited the main page only once, and that was to help some idiot find a torrent...

BioAlien
Tue, 10-11-2005, 06:13 AM
well i alway acces the forum by the main page, and i think gotwoot want it thats way so user can look on the forum and check the gotwoot website at the same time (but still there is not much to see on they homepage...)

Turkish-S
Tue, 10-11-2005, 07:03 AM
i couldn't care less.
it's just 1 click more....

Tue, 10-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by: Turkish-S
i couldn't care less.
it's just 1 click more....

two clicks... click previous and close i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

for some reason unlike other websites, I've accessed this through the homepage because of a bad habit... but if GW is wiling to change it and if people think it is better, why not change right?

I don't know I just found it annoying

PSJ
Tue, 10-11-2005, 12:50 PM
There is no reason to change it. The diffrence is minimal. Just go to the forums directly instead of going by the main page. Even if it is a bad habit you can try to undo that habit if it is sucha big deal to you.

kAi
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I have my toolbar bookmarks at the top of the screen and i only need to click "Gotwoot" and I goto the forums, I skip the main page like complich8.

EDIT: Voted yes by accident.

Tue, 10-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Okay seems as though the support is just not there

dope

RedX1z
Tue, 10-18-2005, 09:05 AM
i could care less, it's not a problem..