PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake Kills 3,000 Across South Asia

Xollence
Sat, 10-08-2005, 02:40 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/scien...thquakes_and_volcanoes (http://news.yahoo.com/fc/science/earthquakes_and_volcanoes)

Damn there's so many natural disaster happening lately. First the tsunami and then the hurricanes.

dark maginn
Sat, 10-08-2005, 03:36 PM
man i know what u mean xollence

RedX1z
Sat, 10-08-2005, 03:42 PM
this is turning out to be one fucked up situation. why won't it end?

kooshi
Sat, 10-08-2005, 03:46 PM
This is getting quite out of hand now. Feeling kinda grateful that I live in Canada at the moment...

Assassin
Sat, 10-08-2005, 04:01 PM
well we are pretty close to the glaciers....if they melt, canada's the first to go i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Turkish-S
Sat, 10-08-2005, 05:06 PM
does anyone of you ever felt an eurthquake?? i did and it is fucking horrifying the fact that everything is shaking and you can't do shit about it. the only thing that you can do is pray to god that you survive.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 10-08-2005, 05:43 PM
I've felt a couple but they were just small tremors... it seems though with alot of natural disasters its poor government planning/regulations that cause most of the damage in natural disasters. There is a building in Islamabad that collapsed, and it was the only one in the entire city to do so. It wasn't old or anything, infact I think it was supposed to be a modern set of flats... seems as though the construction company cut some corners that resulted in that particular tragedy.

BioAlien
Sat, 10-08-2005, 07:29 PM
well i'm lucky, where i live there is no earthquake, no volcano, no tornado, no hurricanes and no tsunami, but its realy too bad for those people... i think god starting to become evil

darkmetal505
Sat, 10-08-2005, 07:37 PM
a dark age is beginning

jing
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Maybe god is punishing people?

RedX1z
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:15 PM
god punishing the people? for what? trying to live life?

Xollence
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by: BioAlien
well i'm lucky, where i live there is no earthquake, no volcano, no tornado, no hurricanes and no tsunami, but its realy too bad for those people... i think god starting to become evil

Hehe yeah me too. Nothing ever happens in New Jersey. The other thing we have to worry about is the power outages.

--- Quake Kills More Than 18,000 in South Asia

GuardianShado
Sat, 10-08-2005, 11:48 PM
eh, i'd hate to sound like an environmentalist but i think we're wearing out the planet's natural resources; namely oil. as for how all of this links with the natural disasters that have been happening lately, ask an environmentalist or i'll come back when i've rested.

aznroyale
Sat, 10-08-2005, 11:50 PM
man thats sick, more people died

SK
Sun, 10-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Mother Nature>>>Man

~1~

Stoopider
Sun, 10-09-2005, 01:07 AM
It has happened before, and it's happening again.

Just that there's more people living there now. So more people, more deaths.

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by: UltxDarkRedX1
god punishing the people? for what? trying to live life?

I think that was a joke...

But really, this is crap. So many natural disasters recently. We are being irradicated...

Strike Freedom
Sun, 10-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
It has happened before, and it's happening again.

Just that there's more people living there now. So more people, more deaths.

I agree, but it is happening with more frequency. Studies show that natural disasters aren't only happening more frequently, but they are becoming stronger. Soon, it will be quite normal to see a category five hurricane/typhoon/cyclone 7 or more times in a year. In case you want to verify, www.discovery.com is a very helpful site. There is no clear cut explanation to why this is happening, some say faith and others say it is just mother nature and so on. One thing we know for sure is that it does claim many lives, unfortunately. As someone stated earlier, I do believe in God so I believe it is partially His will at work.

If you visit discovery.com, there's some interesting stuff in there. Like what you ask, like: supervolcanoes (several located in several continents---one being in yellowstone park), meteors and comets (one should be passing by/grazing the planet earth in about 2013 and that one is a biggy), and other stuff (check out black holes, that shit is awesome and earth would be toast if something like that occurred near it---but that will most likely happen when the sun burns out and a supernova is formed after explosion).

I don't know about you guys, but I have tihs bad feeling that things are going to get worse (not to sound pessimistic but it's just instict).