PDA

View Full Version : Canvas 2 ~Niji Iro no Sketch~

kenren
Fri, 10-07-2005, 08:08 PM
episode 1 released...
some kind of romance anime..
total of 26 episodes.

first episode by lunar (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/)

aznroyale
Fri, 10-07-2005, 08:53 PM
hope its good like Suzuka

dark maginn
Fri, 10-07-2005, 11:29 PM
hope its good

aznroyale
Sat, 10-08-2005, 01:51 AM
O.O his sister was sleeping with him in her underwear -_-

kenren
Sat, 10-08-2005, 04:53 AM
not his sister...if im not mistaken its his cousin or something.

aznroyale
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:47 AM
i thought she said onii-chan

nests
Sat, 10-08-2005, 10:33 AM
if someone says onii-chan it doesnt mean is their big brother it can also be some one they look up to.
I havent even watched it yet so I could be wrong

aznroyale
Sat, 10-08-2005, 11:56 AM
i didnt really watch it i skip parts cause i wanted to sleep

aznroyale
Thu, 10-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Lunar (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/%5BLunar%5D_Canvas_2_-_02_%5B20FA3D43%5D.avi.torrent)
eps 2

kenren
Thu, 10-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the link.
i rarely check out the animesuki page these days...

aznroyale
Wed, 10-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Lunar (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/%5BLunar%5D_Canvas_2_-_03_%5BC4113C6A%5D.avi.torrent)
eps 3

paulfear
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:25 AM
canvas 1 i think was borderline hentai (the only version i saw of it was edited). so i wouldn't be surprised if this sequel has some of that.

aznroyale
Wed, 10-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Lunar (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BLunar%5D_Canvas_2_-_04_%5B663B5E01%5D.avi.torrent)
eps 4

Chaos
Wed, 10-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Does anyone else get the impression the art guy is going to hook up with his cousin in the end?

aznroyale
Wed, 11-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Lunar (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BLunar%5D%20Canvas%202%20-%2005%20%5B75FAB9BC%5D.avi.torrent)
eps 5

aznroyale
Wed, 11-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Lunar (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/%5BLunar%5D%20Canvas%202%20-%2006%20%5B4073FEE5%5D.avi.torrent)
eps 6

kenren
Wed, 11-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Kiri is the best !!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

aznroyale
Sat, 12-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by: paulfear
canvas 1 i think was borderline hentai (the only version i saw of it was edited). so i wouldn't be surprised if this sequel has some of that.

i dont think its a sequal, its related
characters are total different
so then canvas 1 is part hentai??

kenren
Sat, 12-03-2005, 02:41 AM
something like that... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

aznroyale
Sat, 12-03-2005, 02:45 AM
how much nudity does it show??

kenren
Sat, 12-03-2005, 07:17 AM
woah..looks like you are interested i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

anyway...theres a scene where they are going to have sex...
and the girl masturbates... -_-

aznroyale
Sat, 12-03-2005, 07:29 AM
then i dont want to watch it

KaosSinner
Thu, 12-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Dont listen to what Keren is saying, hes just joking. This series is pretty nice. Dont know which is better, Suzuka or Canvas? The stories really nice for both animes. Whish do you think is better ? I think this ones more entertaining.

I love that novel writter kid, shes so cute. Dont know why all the small cute girls talk the same way. They use the "ch" sound too often instead of the normal pronunciation. Bet japanese think it sound cute. Girls speaking in Japanese sound really sweet anyway. Ive tried it myself and got praised for my cute voice i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

aznroyale
Thu, 12-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Lunar (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/%5BLunar%5D%20Canvas%202%20-%2010%20%5B20B13812%5D.avi.torrent)
eps 10

kenren
Fri, 12-09-2005, 09:40 PM
well...i prefer suzuka...i just don't know why... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

aznroyale
Sat, 12-10-2005, 12:41 AM
cause probaly the ppl in this anime are younger most of them

KaosSinner
Sat, 12-10-2005, 03:56 AM
Dont think its because of that. Might be the characters are more cheerful, more things happenning at the same time.

kenren
Tue, 12-27-2005, 04:35 AM
12 (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/%5BLunar%5D%20Canvas%202%20-%2012%20%5BF397BA5E%5D.avi.torrent)

something for today i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

aznroyale
Tue, 12-27-2005, 10:52 AM
guess not much ppl in gotwoot like this series

Chaos
Tue, 12-27-2005, 03:01 PM
I stopped watching the series, but could someone tell me what happened in the end(who he ended up with)?

kenren
Tue, 12-27-2005, 09:28 PM
you have to wait then... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Racso
Wed, 12-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by: aznroyale
guess not much ppl in gotwoot like this series

Well I like it too i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif . It is interesting...hmm

Kyuuzou
Sat, 01-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Hmm just wondering about this series ....I've got all episdoes so far but haven't had a chance 2 watch any episodes yet, and was wondering if it's worth watching..??

Is it true that it's similar 2 Suzuka somewhat??? becuase that show I did watch and liked.

aznroyale
Sat, 01-21-2006, 11:11 PM
yes its kinda simliar to Suzuka

kenren
Sun, 01-22-2006, 01:35 AM
the only difference is suzuka = sports .. canvas = arts.. lol..

Kyuuzou
Sun, 01-22-2006, 02:47 AM
Ahhh all right then..I will give it a try if that's the case then>.> Thanks for the info^^'

Kyuuzou
Sat, 01-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Here's episode 14 for those who have been waiting. http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/...B709C5C%5D.avi.torrent (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/%5BLunar%5D%20Canvas%202%20-%2014%20%5B6B709C5C%5D.avi.torrent)

Enjoy^^

nests
Sat, 01-28-2006, 03:25 AM
Man Lunar sure took their time

Kyuuzou
Sat, 01-28-2006, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by: nests
Man Lunar sure took their time

That they indeed do...Which is about the only thing I hate about Lunar they sure do take their time sometimes, and then some.

kenren
Sat, 01-28-2006, 04:38 AM
ah...almost forgotten about this series i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Lunar wasn't taking their time on this eps, beyond the normal time they take to achieve quality.

Their typesetter assigned to Canvas2 was unable to get internet access for a while and couldn't work on it. And 15 will be later as well, because the translator went on break.

You can read about it in their forum.

Kyuuzou
Sat, 01-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
Lunar wasn't taking their time on this eps, beyond the normal time they take to achieve quality.

Their typesetter assigned to Canvas2 was unable to get internet access for a while and couldn't work on it. And 15 will be later as well, because the translator went on break.

You can read about it in their forum.

Well what I was trying 2 say was that Lunar has been taking it's time with everything. They always take long...Just that sometimes they take way 2 long>.> All I'm saying.....

Kyuuzou
Sun, 01-29-2006, 04:43 AM
Is it just me, or many have lost intrest in this series??? I mean it's been compared 2 Suzuka right? So how come isn't any1 talking about the show O.o

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Personally, I have no idea why anyone would compare the two in the first place. Suzuka was a romance anime (the way it's cut from the originally manga), and Canvas2 is a uncharactaristically serious harem series (even if only two of them actually 'love' him). Also, as someone pointed out earlier, there aren't a whole lot of eps out and Lunar is not that quick at releasing the ones that are.

Suzuka is also in all aspects a convoluted and multifaceted as any dorama, with Suzuka's motivation never known until the end and the other girls acting equally as wild cards. Suzuka's erratic behavior, the cause of which wasn't known until the end, and Yamato's varying intensity screwups lead to all sorts of stupid little twisted problems in their growing relationship. Canvas2 has just two problems throughout the series, Hiroki's artist block and Elis' obsession with him. Both are already well defined and given potential solutions (Hiroki gets together with Kiri, and Elis with that boy who makes pottery). All the girls problems are solved episodically, not really giving any motivation for watching the next eps (other than hopefully seeing Tomoko in more loli goth outfits). A perfect example is when they made Yanagi a huge issue in

Whoever insisted that Suzuka and Canvas2 are similar are idiots. At best the two are comparable, because they fall in the same generalized genre when Canvas2 focuses on Hiroki-Kiri-Elis. The two series are nowhere near the same intensity, and neither are they all that similar in style of romance anime. I don't think you can compare the two series without a series that's similar to both of them, that being SHUFFLE! It has themes serious enough to compare to Suzuka, and is much closer to Canvas2's format and the way the characters act. The only aspect they share that SHUFFLE! doesn't bridge is realism. The serious parts of School Rumble (yes, the whole hour of that), mainly the Eri-Harima-Yakumo and Yakumo-Hanai-Mikoto relationships, more closely resemble Suzuka than Canvas2.

Is Canvas2 a good series worth discussing? Most of the time, there really isn't anything to discuss. They wrap up all the eps into neat little self contained packages with the myriad problems of the girls being solved by the time the eps ends (excepting Elis and Kiri). That doesn't mean it isn't worth watching. The side stories are funny, or interesting, and each one moves Hiroki further down the path to painting again. I watch Suzuka and Canvas2 for completely different reasons. The series are not comparable, beyond the similar genre they share and the realistic setting. If you're looking for a Suzuka clone, look elsewhere. It's called shoujo.

(Yes, I am well aware that Suzuka is seinen, but the slice of manga that makes up the anime was edited in such a way that it falls into the shoujo realm.)

Kyuuzou
Sun, 01-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
Personally, I have no idea why anyone would compare the two in the first place. Suzuka was a romance anime (the way it's cut from the originally manga), and Canvas2 is a uncharactaristically serious harem series (even if only two of them actually 'love' him). Also, as someone pointed out earlier, there aren't a whole lot of eps out and Lunar is not that quick at releasing the ones that are.

Suzuka is also in all aspects a convoluted and multifaceted as any dorama, with Suzuka's motivation never known until the end and the other girls acting equally as wild cards. Suzuka's erratic behavior, the cause of which wasn't known until the end, and Yamato's varying intensity screwups lead to all sorts of stupid little twisted problems in their growing relationship. Canvas2 has just two problems throughout the series, Hiroki's artist block and Elis' obsession with him. Both are already well defined and given potential solutions (Hiroki gets together with Kiri, and Elis with that boy who makes pottery). All the girls problems are solved episodically, not really giving any motivation for watching the next eps (other than hopefully seeing Tomoko in more loli goth outfits). A perfect example is when they made Yanagi a huge issue in

Whoever insisted that Suzuka and Canvas2 are similar are idiots. At best the two are comparable, because they fall in the same generalized genre when Canvas2 focuses on Hiroki-Kiri-Elis. The two series are nowhere near the same intensity, and neither are they all that similar in style of romance anime. I don't think you can compare the two series without a series that's similar to both of them, that being SHUFFLE! It has themes serious enough to compare to Suzuka, and is much closer to Canvas2's format and the way the characters act. The only aspect they share that SHUFFLE! doesn't bridge is realism. The serious parts of School Rumble (yes, the whole hour of that), mainly the Eri-Harima-Yakumo and Yakumo-Hanai-Mikoto relationships, more closely resemble Suzuka than Canvas2.

Is Canvas2 a good series worth discussing? Most of the time, there really isn't anything to discuss. They wrap up all the eps into neat little self contained packages with the myriad problems of the girls being solved by the time the eps ends (excepting Elis and Kiri). That doesn't mean it isn't worth watching. The side stories are funny, or interesting, and each one moves Hiroki further down the path to painting again. I watch Suzuka and Canvas2 for completely different reasons. The series are not comparable, beyond the similar genre they share and the realistic setting. If you're looking for a Suzuka clone, look elsewhere. It's called shoujo.

(Yes, I am well aware that Suzuka is seinen, but the slice of manga that makes up the anime was edited in such a way that it falls into the shoujo realm.)

I agree with you on that part ..I'm just saying that if you read the forums you'll see that it's been compared 2 Suzuka more than a few times. As for watching Shoujo, have not seen that so I'll give it a try thanks.

Kyuuzou
Wed, 02-08-2006, 05:43 PM
ANd as usual no1 is talking about this series and Lunar is taking their time releasing the next episode. X_X

seanos
Mon, 04-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Hm, this thread does seem semi-dead...
All episodes have been released by Lunar now,
http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/%5BLunar%5D%20Canvas%202%20-%201-24%20(complete).torrent

Well - last episode not what expected ... quite screwed up in general methinks.

kenren
Mon, 04-03-2006, 07:36 AM
...the ending was really unpredictable..be sure to watch until the end including after the ending theme...

seanos
Mon, 04-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I did - although nearly wishing I didn't, heh.
hence the 'screwed up' bit, above.

kenren
Mon, 04-03-2006, 08:09 AM
damn it..i prefer him doing that with the "other" girl... -_-

Kyuuzou
Mon, 04-03-2006, 08:46 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some1 finaly decided 2 say something about this show 2. It's been a while............................................

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-05-2006, 06:26 PM
I totally hated the ending.
We spend half of the series developing the relationship between Hiroki and a girl, and on a 10 minute span of time he decides to go screw another one...
What a stupid finale...

I really liked this series, but the last episode ruined it all for me. Bleh.

EDIT:
Removed spoilers

Racso
Fri, 04-07-2006, 04:39 PM
I totally hated the ending.
We spend half of the series developing the relationship between Hiroki and a girl, and on a 10 minute span of time he decides to go screw another one...
What a stupid finale...

I really liked this series, but the last episode ruined it all for me. Bleh.

Same here :mad: Anyway what happend to Tomoko? they doesn't explain to much about her in the end.

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Normally I take endings by its good points.
Even when they do a deus-ex-machina like Mai HiME or E's Otherwise.

But this finale was just... wrong!

I seriously though Tomoko had died at the airplane... while I love her character I think her death would have been a better ending than what happened after the credits ended...

Hagino, Tomoko and Kiri would have been my choices.

Ellis is damn annoying...