PDA

View Full Version : SOX MADE IT!

Strike Freedom
Fri, 10-07-2005, 07:49 PM
All right guys, I know many of you may not care or what not but I'm putting it in here anyway. The Sox, for the first time since 1917, have won a series in the playoffs. I'm very excited and overjoyed, and partially intoxicated! i/expressions/beer.gif I do send my sympathy to Red Sox fans, but now it's our turn. WOO HOO, GO SOX!

Hope there are more Sox supporters out there that will contribute, even haters are welcome i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Is this fucking baseball again?

SK
Fri, 10-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Fuck the White Sox.

~1~

Board of Command
Fri, 10-07-2005, 08:59 PM
It's only because Garland and Burhle are both having career years.

RedX1z
Fri, 10-07-2005, 09:04 PM
normally i would say "i'm glad you happy about it.", but since i'm a fan of baseball i would say something like "fuck you and your white sox, they can burn in hell!"(nothing personal ^.^)

Strike Freedom
Fri, 10-07-2005, 10:08 PM
LOL, I love it, I love all you haters. But I will enjoy this moment none the less. There is nothing guaranteed for now, so this might be the best the White Sox get....ahhhh....a moment of bliss.

EDIT: Not only Buehrle and Garland, but Contreras as well. Hernandez did a hell of a job with bases loaded and no out to get out of that inning without a SINGLE run. JUST AWESOME BASEBALL!

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-07-2005, 11:54 PM
That was one excellent game. Duke pitched some lights-out clutch ball for the White Sox. Boston couldn't even surmount any kind of defense, even at home, to defend the title in the playoffs this year. Only Manny (who i despise) and ORtiz (who i greatly respect for his unholy ability to annihliate baseballs) did anything good for their team. Wakefield's knuckleball has been suspect all season, he gave up more HRs than any AL pitcher, ouch. I, for one, am glad that the bandwagoners and just plain old annoying Bo-Sux fans will have to shut up for a little while now.

Now we will just have to see if the Yankees can turn it around tomorrow and bring their series to a do-or-die final game in Anaheim. the Bombers have Shawn Chacon up, and if he can get the downward movement on his signature pitch the Yanks have a great shot. Angels are starting Washburn, who I believe is their only lefty.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Is this fucking baseball again?

And I used to think you were cool...

LETS GO YANKEES LETS GO!!!

Strike Freedom
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:34 AM
WOW, Masamuneehs, we agree yet again! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif I really dislike Manny too, he's just too cocky (especially when he hits a home run, give me a break with those looks).

Between the Angels and Yanks, I am rooting for the Yankees. I would love to see a match up of Chicago vs New York (so would those concerned with Ratings). I mean, no disrespect to the Angels, but it wouldn't be as exciting. I really thought the Yanks would pull through to win the game, Matsui as well as everyone else has been playing their butts off. So my point: GO YANKS!

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Baseball sucks beyond belief and just like all other damn sports they keep stealing TV slots from programs which are actually worth watching.

Strike Freedom
Sat, 10-08-2005, 12:18 PM
That's a little harsh, don't you think? TAKE IT BACK, TAKE IT BACK, DAMMIT!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Teh XYZ
Sat, 10-08-2005, 02:57 PM
its not any worse than GSD...and you watched that

masamuneehs
Sat, 10-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by: Teh XYZ

Dude I like this newbie!

Today's playoff update: Yanks vs Angels got rained out. They're set to play tomorrow around 735 EST in NY, Chacon is still slated to start for the Yanks. Mike Mussina is out in California and hopes to start Monday's game 5, if the Yanks can win on Sunday

RedX1z
Sat, 10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

Dude I like this newbie!

Today's playoff update: Yanks vs Angels got rained out. They're set to play tomorrow around 735 EST in NY, Chacon is still slated to start for the Yanks. Mike Mussina is out in California and hopes to start Monday's game 5, if the Yanks can win on Sunday

i dunno, it's going to be raining in ny for a while. hope it clears up soon, hell, it's still raining now..

Strike Freedom
Sat, 10-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, it will stop soon I hope, cause I really want to see that series. Not only that, it might be a disadvantage for either team that advances to face off against the White Sox. The disadvantage: little, if at all, rest. But it might be an advantage too, one can never tell....

Tinks
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Yankees will lose because their money cant buy them championships anymore even with the highest paid player
Since the Red Sox have lost, and its looking like the Yanks will too, this is going to be another series I dont want to bother watching
Yankees have more of a bandwagon than any team in baseball

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Tinks, I don't know what you describe as 'bandwagon' but I'm going to say this: There are many many Yankee fans who love the Yankees from way back. Yes, there are lots of us because NY is such a heavily populated area (and the Mets are almost always a joke) but not everyone who is a NY fan is a bandwagoner.

If you know who Randy Velarde is, remember when Spike Owen played Center Field, remember when Matt Nokes batted cleanup, remember Roberto Kelly in left you're a true fan.

The Yankees weren't always the best. Hell, I started loving them when they sucked horribly. I remember being excited when Danny Tartebull was acquired! I remember when Deion Sanders and Steve Sax came to town and we still sucked balls.

So tonight, when the Yankees win game 5 and you come back on here remember this, NY is the best sports franchise in the world because they have a faithful fanbase who will always love the team and will always believe that they can win, no matter how bad it looks. Ya gotta have heart to play here!

And, in case you haven't noticed, the Red Sox bandwagon last year was just as big, if not bigger than NY's.

SK
Mon, 10-10-2005, 07:24 PM

Dude I like this newbie!

You're a newbie.

~1~

Nai
Mon, 10-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Baseball sucks beyond belief and just like all other damn sports they keep stealing TV slots from programs which are actually worth watching.
There are TV shows actually worth watching in this cold desolate country? If so, then I must cease taking my happy pills and explore this further.

... But yeah, sports do fucking suck.

Strike Freedom
Mon, 10-10-2005, 11:24 PM
I'll reserve my comments about those who think sports suck *cough*(close-minded)*cough*. One thing for sure, they are overpaid. But I enjoy sports, you appreciate it more when u play it too. So, I presume those who say sports suck either really suck at it or never really got into it.

On another note, the Yankees didn't make it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. So I guess Chicago is stuck with the Angels, I would have been more excited with the Yanks....oh well....

ChiaCheese
Tue, 10-11-2005, 02:02 AM
YAY!!! THE ANGELS BEAT THE YANKEES!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! FUCK THE YANKEES!!!!!! GO ANGELS!!!!! and i'm not a bandwagoner, i've hated the yankees from way back. tho i am bandwagonign for the Angels for keeping the yankees from buying another championship.

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-11-2005, 02:37 AM
I was more impressed with that GOD-AWFULLY long game that the Astros played yesterday.

18 Innings!!! It was great fun watching it with me friends though. Something to remember.

masamuneehs
Tue, 10-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by: ChiaCheese
YAY!!! THE ANGELS BEAT THE YANKEES!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! FUCK THE YANKEES!!!!!! GO ANGELS!!!!! and i'm not a bandwagoner, i've hated the yankees from way back. tho i am bandwagonign for the Angels for keeping the yankees from buying another championship.

You are the worst kind of sports 'fan' because you do not seem to have any applicable attachment to the game besides your dislike (or envy is it?) for one team. Either you're a fan of a club or player or coach or SOMETHING, or you are not a fan of the sport.

In the rap game, people like you are simply known as 'haters' . All you do is complain about those you wish you could be like and never do shit to support your own faction, never show any heart in your own group.

And, if you haven't noticed, the "I hatez da Yankes" bandwagon is pretty full... and, as you yourself have said (in contradicting yourself) you are bandwagonign.

Your simple 'hate' for the Yankees, no matter where its origin, is a hollow shell to hide in. It is easy to point out all the negative things about one you dislike, but you've yet to show what you think is better, what you are a fan of.

ChiaCheese
Tue, 10-11-2005, 02:16 PM
i'm a Dodger fan but i'm bandwagoning for the Angels because they beat the yankees and i've hated the yankees since way back.

Tinks
Tue, 10-11-2005, 04:10 PM
So tonight, when the Yankees win game 5 and you come back on here remember this, NY is the best sports franchise in the world because they have a faithful fanbase who will always love the team and will always believe that they can win, no matter how bad it looks. Ya gotta have heart to play here!

And, in case you haven't noticed, the Red Sox bandwagon last year was just as big, if not bigger than NY's.

Any team that plays against the Yankees and beats them, are bound to get a bandwagon since the Yankees not only have that fan base, but a large amount of people dislike the team
Alot of people including some in this thread, feel the Yankees buy their championships, and alot of players go to NY simply so they can win a championship. You dont need heart to play in NY, just have to have the skill they can afford and the desire to get a ring.
Also in the winning ways of these things, they beat alot of teams that people are passionate about, and it pisses them off that its a result of what I mentioned
There is no "best" franchise or "best" of anything, thats one thing I'm tired of hearing, Yankees fans who think their team is the greatest team in existence... I certainly dont think the teams I root for are the best teams to play a sport
As for winning game 5? Well, there you go

Strike Freedom
Mon, 10-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Sox made it, SO LONG ANGELS. They gave a hell of a try, but the SOX just overpowered. This is one of the greatest moments in Chicago....all that is missing is.......

Dezalanel
Tue, 10-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Horrible year for baseball = P I hate the Sox and I hate the Yankees both are bastards. Go Cleveland = P!!!!!

masamuneehs
Wed, 10-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Bumping this thread.

Tonight the longest baseball game in World Series history was played between the Houston Astros and the Chicago White Sox.

The White Sox' last World Series appearance was 1919, when they bet against their own team, and then conspired to throw the series to their opponent.
The Astros have never been to the World Series, and 2 sure Hall of Famers, Biggio and Bagwell, are finally playing in one after 6,000-odd combined games between both of their careers.

It's in the 14th Inning now, in a very silent, very shell-shocked Houston, were the Astros had hoped to get just one win from a Best-Of-7 match for baseball's top team.

Both teams are excelllent examples of pro athletisicm, and, whoever wins it all, I congratulate both of them.

(White Sox will, IMO, lock the series up in Game 5)

Strike Freedom
Wed, 10-26-2005, 08:39 AM
I will hold my refrain from celebration until, and if, the Sox close it out. But yes, all those stats are true.

In addition, Bagwell and Frank Thomas share the same birthday, were drafted on the same day, and won mvp on the same year....talk about coincidence.

1959 was the White Sox last world series appearance, but they lost. They were also known as the "Go Go White Sox."

Masamuneehs, great job in the facts, and yes, both teams are awesome. This has been one of the most exciting world series (and longest). I think a sweep might occur tonight (Sox 4-0) in the series.

EDIT:

Chicago White SOX WIN!!! SOX WIN