PDA

View Full Version : Drivers, Codecs, and Video quality

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Feel free to keep using this thread after my question has been answered, I made the title intentionally broad.

I just upgraded my ATI drivers to Catalyst 5.9, but now all the video I play appears abnormally grainy when maximized and the subtitles look terrible. I was using the standard collection of updated codecs, and even switched to a rencent version of the CCCP codec set, but it didn't help anything. If anyone has experienced this problem or knows a way to fix it without rolling back my video drivers or buying an NVidia card, that would be a lot of help.

EDIT: Nevermind, as usual, the tried and true method of solving everything worked, the reboot.

Since I can't seem to figure out how to delete this thread, I'll just leave it open or let a mod take care of it.

Y
Thu, 10-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Always reboot twice after installing new drivers, once to flush old settings and once to propagate new ones.

Tatyblue
Sun, 10-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Hi, I downloaded FFF VII: advent shildren from Aone, and I just can`t watched, I have never got this problem with other Aone releases. Please help me.

kenren
Sun, 10-16-2005, 09:31 AM
tatyblue , if you downloaded the H,264 version...make sure you have that codec installed.