PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player issues

Mite Gai
Thu, 10-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Lately, I have been having trouble with Windows Media Player 10. Often times I encounter video files such as .WMV or .MPG that play slowly and the audio is slow too. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? AND NO I DO NOT WANT TO USE ANOTHER MEDIA PLAYER, so please don't suggest that.

Y
Thu, 10-06-2005, 11:18 PM
.wma is Windows Media Audio. I assume you meant .wmv. Anyway, if you have a REALLY slow computer it might cause higher resolution video to lag. Other then that, it's just the fact that Windows Media Player is a piece of shit.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Really. If you don't want to use another media player, than you are pretty much screwed. There's really no way to fix that crap, I get it sometimes, but with fully updated codecs it still is going to happen. WMP10 just does that. The only real solution you have is to switch to a different player. There are so many better players around, you're really just hurting yourself not switching over.

6Zabuza9
Thu, 04-26-2007, 03:50 PM
hi, sorry for reviving an old thread and this isnt really an issue but i was wondering is it possible to play only a part of a video or mp3 like from point A to B and repeating over in windows media player

Yukimura
Sat, 04-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't know of any player that can do something like that. Maybe an editor that alows you to play a section in addition to it's editing abilities, but not a normal player.

master_me
Sun, 04-29-2007, 08:35 AM
There might be a plugin for media player that lets you do that, but it's not too hard to just crop it in an editor and then play it as a loop in another media player.

slave_zero69
Sun, 06-03-2007, 07:40 AM
I recently put together a brand new system reformated all my drives updated windows and downloaded that windows media player 11.

Following that i installed the latest CCCP codec pack.
when i watch anime in particular the top right quarter is always a few frames slower then the rest of the screen... but i dont get any such problem when i view it using BSplayer.... can anyone enlighten me on my problem?

Yukimura
Tue, 06-05-2007, 02:09 AM
CCCP is not really optimized for WMP11, which uses god only knows what to render, do you have any problems when using MPC or Zoomplayer?

complich8
Fri, 06-08-2007, 07:03 AM
I had a similar problem with mpc and wmp on an older, flakey video card above certain resolutions. It annoyed me to no end. Video card driver updates changed the shape and size of the torn box though.

It was one of the reasons that when that card completely flaked (catastrophic memory failure), I bought an ati card. My last 2 nvidia cards behaved similarly. The ATI card doesn't, but it's buggy differently.

I don't know what to tell you exactly, other than I've seen the same behavior myself and it may be related to how your video card interacts with the rest of your system (including opengl layers and whatnot).