PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 154

yapchagi
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Dattebayo is out http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/
Let the discussion begin...

Jadugar
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:26 AM
DB - Naruto 154 (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n154.torrent)

Shuurai
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Naruto used Rasengan again...

Jadugar
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:31 AM
I predicted that in the last thread

Why are we surprised. It would be a surprise if he doesnt use it on the last guy.

nests
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:37 AM
So how is the new intro and ending

BioAlien
Thu, 10-06-2005, 02:02 AM
is the new intro good?

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 02:05 AM
The new OP is your standard J-Pop song, male vocals. It has pretty good animation/art, but a lot of the song is just flashbacks, with a superimposed Naruto running.

The ED is a slow R&B-ish type song. Soothing female vocals. No animation, just some nice stills of all the characeters doing various things.

Nothing really special. Not like Bleach's New OP.

Haven't watched the episode, but they included a long Haku flashback, which is always nice.

Kensee
Thu, 10-06-2005, 02:34 AM
The little one, just based on RAW version is a wanna be HAKU! Do not flash back to HAKU and compare yourself lil one! He was savage, and if this one thinks 'Blowfish face' ninja with his dual lightnig swords is as cool as Zazuba, i'ma be very upset.

Don't ruin past goodness with new age crap! ^^ and yes naruto used Ransengen BUT ninja man didn't die or the battle didn't end then (that's a new one, hasn't happend since Kabuto right?).

After watching the Bleach intro, Naruto's intro kinda blown out of the water but it was nice to see a change. Song is relaxing =)

BioAlien
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:23 AM
ya the new intro was not thats bad (i just finish watching this episode) but why did they attach the little one, plus they seal the door with a explosive note... he can't even move!

TS8
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:24 AM
Fillersengan!

Whoever didn't see that coming should be shot for the sake of humankind.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:27 AM
New opening is passable, though the video for it sucks because its half clips from the show. That's just lazy. New ending is crap.

I kinda liked this episode. I think this story arc isn't actually too bad. If anything, I think that the main problem is everything is rushed. They have a decent story here, but because they try to do the whole thing in 4 episodes, it feels so choppy. I think this one could have been good if it had been given more time to work with.

Plus, Unconcious Lee was pretty sweet!

but why did they attach the little one, plus they seal the door with a explosive note... he can't even move!

Um, because he's already proven that he's extremely dangerous even without the ability to move because he's got bitchin psionics.

I actually thought for a minute that Raiga was just an illusion created by the kid for awhile. I was waiting for Zabuza and Haku to kill Raiga in the kids flashback or something at some point. Mainly because Raiga seemed to just vanish when he got Rasengan, but at the end of the ep we see that was just cheap animation at work.

BioAlien
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:30 AM
Unconcious Lee was pretty sweet!
ya, was he trying to protect his way of the ninja again? lol

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:31 AM
I dunno, why don't you watch the episode and find out.

Jaredster
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:51 AM
So they could sub Naruto but not Bleach?

Shinda
Thu, 10-06-2005, 04:22 AM
okay, so it wasn't a head, but some kid

kinda expected, just like the other fillers, that this would have been the last one after the rasengan,, but omg... it an extended filler now!
the only good thing were unconsious Lee and the Haku flashback,, was a little disappointed by Neji and Tentens part. Naruto is always a disappointment.

at least the new OP is better than the last one

Kensee
Thu, 10-06-2005, 04:22 AM
Eh, Bleach was an hour long (2 episodes) plus new intro and ending ... So naturally it'd take a bit longer since this was almost the same minus roughly 30 minutes of episode.

Anyhow just finished watching the subed version. Not too bad, but yeah you saw Rasengen comming a mile away haha.

Good and bad to see the Haku flashbacks again. Good cause they rocked, bad cause now they are associated with fillers. Don't you think Kisame and Zazuba are way stronger than Raiga??? Is it just me or Raiga must of been the weakest of all the lords? (He fights Lee and Naruto for like 3 minutes and says "At this rate my Chakara will be gone?" .... Thas a bit sad for a lord of da mist.

Anyhow it's pretty cool, Neji said "This is the last part of the mission" foreshadowing one more episode till the mission ends. Hopefully Jiraya will be at the end to take naruto to Train like he been saying he's waiting for.

Aramis
Thu, 10-06-2005, 04:26 AM
this filler's like a perversion of the zabuza arc yeah.
though i kinda liked the ninjutsu where he runs up the cliff and rains rocks on naruto.

And Ranmaru clearly has a mangekyou sharingan...it's just too bright to see. It explains how he hypnotized Raiga into carrying him around lol.

Jaredster
Thu, 10-06-2005, 05:02 AM
These new intros/outros are pretty bad.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Are you guys serious. I'm so fricking pissed. Usually the new openings forshadow upcomming events in story arc. If this new opening didn't show any of the cool manga stuff that we've been patiently waiting for then all I have to say is get ready for another 4-3 months of filler. Didn't someone put up a post saying that in an interview with kishimoto and anime director that the naruto fillers would last 6 months? Haven't seen it yet but I don't have high hopes for the new opening.

kenren
Thu, 10-06-2005, 06:46 AM
raiga is weak...gets beaten by genins... -.-"

poopdeville
Thu, 10-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by: kenren

He's unbelievably dumb too. He forgot who he was supposed to assassinate at one point.

Shinda
Thu, 10-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by: poopdeville

Originally posted by: kenren

He's unbelievably dumb too. He forgot who he was supposed to assassinate at one point.

yeah, that made me laugh. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

what I didn't get;
Was Ranmaru watching multiple people with those eyes of him or only Raiga?

Aeon
Thu, 10-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Well I think it's obvious that Reiga wasn't one of the shinobi lords and the reason why he hates Zabuza and Kisame is because they are and he isn't. And how else do you guys expect Naruto to beat people? It's not like he's just oozing with jutsu's.

Jurojin
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
And how else do you guys expect Naruto to beat people? It's not like he's just oozing with jutsu's.

Good point.

I'd be more upset if it were Kakashi who kept ending things with Chidori, you know?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:25 AM
And how else do you guys expect Naruto to beat people? It's not like he's just oozing with jutsu's

Yes cause god forbid the main villain in a filler be defeated by *gasp* someone other than Naruto!

poopdeville
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by: Jurojin

Originally posted by: Aeon
And how else do you guys expect Naruto to beat people? It's not like he's just oozing with jutsu's.

Good point.

I'd be more upset if it were Kakashi who kept ending things with Chidori, you know?

Sure, but we could be watching Naruto training and learning new jutsu. I mean, there's a three year gap. And you just know Naruto is going to be a huge badass with a ton of jutsu. I'm a Jiraiya fanboy, so his absence is doubly disappointing to me.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Are you guys serious. I'm so fricking pissed. Usually the new openings forshadow upcomming events in story arc. If this new opening didn't show any of the cool manga stuff that we've been patiently waiting for then all I have to say is get ready for another 4-3 months of filler.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of too. If the fillers were nearing their end, we'd get a new opening featuring teasers of what's coming up in the manga.

Jadugar
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Which means that they are not planning to animate manga any time soon. So beware, more fillers are on their way.

nests
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:36 AM
This episode could have been so much better if it wasnt for the lame sorry ass action action. I find it hard to believe that after doing over 100 episodes of naruto this people cant come up with decent Naruto ninja style action. Also how in the hell did this guy become one of those seven shinobi with swords. For some reason I always though that sabuza would be one of the weakest one of them. This guy is a discrace compare to Zabuza and Kisame

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Well if the intro has no sign of kakashi gaiden or the time jump then I'd say we can expect about another 26 episodes of filler. So around 178 we'll finally get back on track. Yesh I'm so glad I started watching Bleach. Maybe by the time bleach catches up with the manga and is forced to go through six months of filler, naruto will finally be back on track.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I'd just like to point out how pissed I am that they make Lee fight unconciously.

The only time he's done that before is in his fight against Gaara. That was to show his unyeilding determination and how far his will to prove himself would push him. Fuckin' brought tears to my eyes...

Now he's just becoming a comedic-releif weirdo. "OMG he can fight drunk AND while he's asleep!"

Note: The "drunken boxing" episode is one of my favorites. I'm not complaining about that.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
I'd just like to point out how pissed I am that they make Lee fight unconciously.

The only time he's done that before is in his fight against Gaara. That was to show his unyeilding determination and how far his will to prove himself would push him. Fuckin' brought tears to my eyes...

That was way lame. When Gaara beat him and he was unconscious, it took every ounce of what he had just to get to his feet, even though he was out. But now all of a sudden they take liberties to make him fight WHILE HE'S UNCONSCIOUS. That was so ridiculous.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:31 PM
This filler would have been good if... ehh...

Anyway, Ranmaru is pretty cute and Raiga would rock if he didn't look so retarded in the face. And had a proper sword.
The plot is also fucking random. Okay the flashback is cute and all but it still doesn't explain why the hell Raiga buries people randomly.

Shitty as usual but marginally better than the rest. I still hate Naruto (the character) and absolutely everything affiliated with him.

About the new openings/endings: Good by Naruto standards (not saying much). Not very good songs but there have been worse. I'd like some more foreshadowing in the actual op though...

ChibiYali
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:51 PM
terra... are you ill?

you sounds... *twitches*... friendly...

can't be good...
can't be good at all..

*checks terra's temperature*

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Terra's heart always gets soft for boys who look like girls.

And when his heart gets soft his pants get hard.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 04:24 PM
I was writing a very long usual rant actually, but I got tired of complaining every week so I tried a different approach.

Shinda
Thu, 10-06-2005, 04:36 PM
anyway, about the new OP
sakura looks terrible
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/ana-yurie/Sakura.jpg

Assertn
Thu, 10-06-2005, 04:46 PM
the tag wasnt an explosive note
it was a seal meant to contain the kid's abilities from extending outside of the room...
i believe

Jeff_from_MD
Thu, 10-06-2005, 05:20 PM
zabuza was a complicated character. This Raiga just goes around killing people at random with a foolish glee....it's not even tragicly inspiring--it's just plain dumb. Why would that little boy feel his "pain" is just a sorry excuse.

Plus, looks like the animators are taking the liberty of making Rasengan useless, seeing as how the preview shows Raiga alive and well like nothing happened. Great.

heero
Thu, 10-06-2005, 05:43 PM
I think they made that OP just for the fillers lmao

aznroyale
Thu, 10-06-2005, 05:58 PM
and i thought a girl was attach to him

Assertn
Thu, 10-06-2005, 06:43 PM
i actually kinda like the way they linked raiga with the kid......its neat

smurfyy
Thu, 10-06-2005, 06:51 PM
its bullshit how fukin rasengan can kill of one of the akatsuki members. i mean, all of naruto's rasengan attacks never killed once, and now, it kills some elite dude?

smurfyy
Thu, 10-06-2005, 06:53 PM
and it wasnt an exploding tag that stuck on, it was a chakra restraining note or sumthin

No double posting.

GotWoot Moderator

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-06-2005, 07:12 PM
First, the guy isn't a member of Atatsuke, and second, the Rasengan didn't kill him.

K.Kashier
Thu, 10-06-2005, 07:16 PM
At the end of the opening, it is said :
"New OP and new ED make fansubbers go something something. Don't be surprised if there is a new OP next week."

Can't see what's the point in that; anyway...the episode was lame. I was expecting good thing about Neji/Lee filler (as far as a filler can be good, we understand) and it ends up being another stupid arc.

That was my first post and it sucked .Sorry.. I should have gone to sleep.

aznroyale
Thu, 10-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by: smurfyy
its bullshit how fukin rasengan can kill of one of the akatsuki members. i mean, all of naruto's rasengan attacks never killed once, and now, it kills some elite dude?

Originally posted by: DarthEnder
First, the guy isn't a member of Atatsuke, and second, the Rasengan didn't kill him.

that guy is something of the mist. and you think naruto can touch an asatsuki member that easy?

heero
Thu, 10-06-2005, 07:34 PM
at least we saw a little bit of Lee action i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Teki
Thu, 10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
am i the only one who was hoping to see some more of tenten's techniques in this arc? i think its just disappointing that they didnt show anything special of tenten's yet.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Would it really have been that hard to simply throw in another drunken boxer lee scene. Damn you fillers!!!

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i actually kinda like the way they linked raiga with the kid......its neat

Despite being a filler it was a nice little parallel to Zabuza and Haku.

Honestly, though his face is a little messed up, I like the overall idea (concept/design) of Raiga. It wouldn't even disturb me to put him as one of the seven shinobi swordsmen. Of course, he would seriously need a bigger variety of attacks.

<u>You have been disignated as a test for my mod powers.</u> i/expressions/beer.gif
I have chosen to release you from your cage.

Vokalyzd Harmony
Fri, 10-07-2005, 02:17 AM
wow i expected better but hey what the hell more fillers to come yay..not really

Vegechan
Fri, 10-07-2005, 09:30 AM
What is it with the Mist's fixiation on little kids?

I am now officially dubbing The Hidden Village of the Mist ,The land of Michael Jacksons.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Finally got around to watching the filler and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I liked the lone wolf and cub dynamic between raiga and the little kid. Although I would have preferred it if naruto was forced to kill him. This filler is not as terrible as last seems like the animators are getting a hang on producing half decent stuff. Still a long way from our usual standards but at least it's tolerable.

Phoenix20578
Fri, 10-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by: Vegechan

I am now officially dubbing The Hidden Village of the Mist ,The land of Michael Jacksons.

I've been wondering that also. Land of Michael Jacksons is a fitting name, but Michael Jackson is reserved
for Orochimaru. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Tinks
Fri, 10-07-2005, 11:26 AM
This show is either dead or dying, I'm not sure

Vokalyzd Harmony
Fri, 10-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578

Originally posted by: Vegechan

I've been wondering that also. Land of Michael Jacksons is a fitting name, but Michael Jackson is reserved
for Orochimaru.

well everything in the filler episodes are related to Oro..so there you go

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by: Vokalyzd Harmony
well everything in the filler episodes are related to Oro..so there you go

Either that or to finding Sasuke. Which this one did w/the association of Zabuza/Kisame.

Necromas
Fri, 10-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by: Teki
am i the only one who was hoping to see some more of tenten's techniques in this arc? i think its just disappointing that they didnt show anything special of tenten's yet.

Me too i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

darkmetal505
Sat, 10-08-2005, 07:43 PM
tenten is just a weapon user... no fun in that. I believe they downplayed lee and neji. If they were as they were in the chunnin exam, they could have owned this guy single-handedly, but I guess they have to put some story in fillers.

Zidoas
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Same shit different day.

Same theme recurring over and over again : You're alone? I'm alone too! Let's be butt buddies!

Raiga is teh nub. He can't be a lord of the mist. If he is, he must've blown other lords to be enlisted.

Psyke
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:58 PM
The only thing I liked about this episode was Lee's "muscle memory".

EpyonNext
Sun, 10-09-2005, 06:01 AM
I am the only person on earth that likes the new OP.

Have a nice day.

Teh XYZ
Sun, 10-09-2005, 11:30 PM
i hate the new opening...so i guess so.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 10-09-2005, 11:47 PM
It's miles better than the last OP, that was pure shit.

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Meh, I kinda liked it. At least the animation was really nice.

Kensee
Mon, 10-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Asian Kung Fu Generation needs to come in and make a new intro to revitilize this animeness of it crappiness of intros ... haha naw but the last one got good once you listen to it enouhg, and this one is allright but the end of the intro was a bit lame (in my honest opinion).

I agree with countless others, Rock Lee fighting unconciously was a joke in this. I was hella into it when he fought garra. Literally tore all athe muscles in his body and broke soo many bones, to stand up unconciously? Kenpachi would be smiling if he saw this! (Side note: just in case you dont know kenpachi is a bad ass, thats all ya need to know).

Naruto will get better when it hits the main story again. Fillers are a bit inacurate but its all good. Just enjoy the best parts of them and do some other stuff if its too much for you to take.

Plus when you think about it, Naruto never really got SERIOUS trainning by anyone. He learned a bit of control but thats about it. So hes doing the best with what he can. And if you really think about it. If this was the magna .. by this poitn Naruto only used Rensenge 3 or 4 times at most. Much less than when he did them in the fillers huh? =D.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-10-2005, 05:38 AM
by this poitn Naruto only used Rensenge 3 or 4 times at most.

And only once successfully!

Jadugar
Mon, 10-10-2005, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by: Kensee
Just enjoy the best parts of them and do some other stuff if its too much for you to take.

I say, just rewatch Bleach agian or the recent episodes.

Kensee
Mon, 10-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

Just enjoy the best parts of them and do some other stuff if its too much for you to take.

I say, just rewatch Bleach agian or the recent episodes.

Read the magna! SUBMIT TO THE DARK SIDE (or bright seeing how the word 'bright' is used in a positive connotation to mean smart or educated)
::Back to savageness:: SUBMIT PEASENT! Bow down to the almight magnaaaa ::RAWRR::

aznroyale
Mon, 10-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
The only thing I liked about this episode was Lee's "muscle memory".

i wish i had that

Asian Kung Fu Generation needs to come in and make a new intro to revitilize this animeness of it crappiness of intros ... haha naw but the last one got good once you listen to it enouhg, and this one is allright but the end of the intro was a bit lame (in my honest opinion).

I agree with countless others, Rock Lee fighting unconciously was a joke in this. I was hella into it when he fought garra. Literally tore all athe muscles in his body and broke soo many bones, to stand up unconciously? Kenpachi would be smiling if he saw this! (Side note: just in case you dont know kenpachi is a bad ass, thats all ya need to know).

Naruto will get better when it hits the main story again. Fillers are a bit inacurate but its all good. Just enjoy the best parts of them and do some other stuff if its too much for you to take.

Plus when you think about it, Naruto never really got SERIOUS trainning by anyone. He learned a bit of control but thats about it. So hes doing the best with what he can. And if you really think about it. If this was the magna .. by this poitn Naruto only used Rensenge 3 or 4 times at most. Much less than when he did them in the fillers huh? =D.

i only liked the Asian Kung Fu song the most -_-