PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Writing Challenge: Create Your Own Naruto Filler Arc!

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-05-2005, 10:19 AM
As any loyal naruto fan knows we have been forced to endue the fillers for far to long. It dosen't look like there is any end in sight so this is my proposal. Instead of wasting our time complaining lets put our hands where our mouths are and actually try and come up with our own filler story arcs working under the same constrictions as the anime writers.

1. You cannot use anything that has not been introduced into the anime yet. That means no Sasori Diedara or anything from Naruto Part 2.
2. You can use any character that has already appeared but they cannot do anything that conflicts with what has been previously established in prior episodes or add anything new that might conflict with something in the not to distant future of the manga.
3. You can create new characters but be careful not to ensure that their pressence dosen't conflict with the second law.

I think thats about it. If I forgot something let me know but I insist take a crack at it and see if you can come up with something better then the fillers.

Kenshiro
Wed, 10-05-2005, 11:38 AM
stop spoiling

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Crap Shit.

I meant to post this in open discussion. Err would one of the mods be so kind to move this thread over there, please?

Moved. Be careful where you post your topics from now on.

GotWoot Moderator

Onineku
Wed, 10-05-2005, 12:02 PM
seems like a good enough idea

ChaosK
Wed, 10-05-2005, 12:09 PM
terra will own us all, all he has to do is link us to his adventures of sakon thread.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-05-2005, 03:54 PM
I encourage anyone whose interested to take a crack at it. Although I'd like to see if someone can come up with something dramatic as opposed to an over-the-top satire. Try to reinstall some of that naruto magic that has been missing from fillers. See if you can create some sort of dramatic ethical problem or dare I say throw in some social commentary. Try to take this somewhat seriously.

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-05-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm actually considering wrting something, but to not suck it would have to mean I'd take a while to do it (ie - the time to consider a good filler story, and then try and match it w/Kishimoto's style). I'm kinda busy w/schoolwork, but I might take a crack at it. Could be fun.

Assertn
Wed, 10-05-2005, 04:34 PM
if its in open discussion, then why not allow stuff after where the anime left off?

Jaredster
Wed, 10-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
if its in open discussion, then why not allow stuff after where the anime left off?

Because then it wouldn't be a filler now would it.

A filler is something between arcs. The current arc we are in isn't complete yet, so it doesn't really work.

Strider
Wed, 10-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
I'm actually considering wrting something, but to not suck it would have to mean I'd take a while to do it (ie - the time to consider a good filler story, and then try and match it w/Kishimoto's style). I'm kinda busy w/schoolwork, but I might take a crack at it. Could be fun.

Whenever you do, post a link.

Or send it to me via PM. I'd definitely give it a read and feedback.

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-05-2005, 07:09 PM
I was thinking I'd just post it here.

But really, I'm not gonna ever get around to it.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-05-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm going to get this ball rolling then. Not a fully fleshed out thing but let me pitch my filler arc idea.

Garra's Journey: This arc would involve Garra going throughout the sand village in an attempt to learn about his father the late KazeKage. Garra is not quite sure how to deal with his death so he wants to understand what kind of person his father was. Was he really as cruel and cold hearted in life as he was to Garra? Garra travels throughout the sand village and speaks with various people from the village. Some are ninja's, others are local shop owners, some are magistrates and political leaders. Each one he visits reveals a different aspect that he never qutie knew about his dad. He finally confronts Temari and Kankuro and asks them what their experiences were like with his mother and father. After spending several episodes on his self-reflective journey Garra goes to visit his father's grave as the sunsets on his past and comes to terms with his childhood traumas. As dawn breaks and the sun rises Garra sets off to ensure the beginnings of a bright future.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 12:20 AM
That's the gayest shit I've ever read.

Gaara would never go on a detective journey of self-exploration. It can be meaningful without being sappy and melodramatic, man. Seriously, keep in it in context with the rest of the series. Does any of that sound anything like you've ever seen in Naruto??

Jadugar
Thu, 10-06-2005, 12:27 AM
@ LobsterMagnet : Seems more like a role playing game with Gara. Even that would be a flop. Aslo one condition of the fillers/anime is that it has to have Naruto in it plus his rasengan. So story rejected.

heero
Thu, 10-06-2005, 02:24 AM

Gaara would never go on a detective journey of self-exploration. It can be meaningful without being sappy and melodramatic, man. Seriously, keep in it in context with the rest of the series. Does any of that sound anything like you've ever seen in Naruto??

this isnt a argument thread...stop burning ppl who spent their time actually typing their stories up or no one is gonna write anything...

TS8
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:33 AM
Well, if you want fillers on par with the current ones, I can sum it up in three sentences.
Naruto hears about some badly-named villain who knows someone whose brother's co-worker's mother's dog's brother's owner has read an article in a magazine about fire. Naruto, being the genius that he is, realizes that since the Uchiha clan specializes in fire jutsu, knows that this person must have a connection with Sasuke and Orochimaru. He finds this person, applies fillersengan liberally, and botches it because his fart made a crack in a load-bearing poster in this person's house, collapsing it, killing the person inside before he has a chance to explain that Naruto is a retard.

BioAlien
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:34 AM

well why don't you try and write a better filler

and good one TS8

isso
Thu, 10-06-2005, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by: TS8
Well, if you want fillers on par with the current ones, I can sum it up in three sentences.
Naruto hears about some badly-named villain who knows someone whose brother's co-worker's mother's dog's brother's owner has read an article in a magazine about fire. Naruto, being the genius that he is, realizes that since the Uchiha clan specializes in fire jutsu, knows that this person must have a connection with Sasuke and Orochimaru. He finds this person, applies fillersengan liberally, and botches it because his fart made a crack in a load-bearing poster in this person's house, collapsing it, killing the person inside before he has a chance to explain that Naruto is a retard.

LMAO.. Thats good filler quality!!! =) I would much like to see that in the future! =)

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Yesh fine, I try to add the nice citizen kane plot device and everyone shoots it down, but whatever thats what this thread is for. Anyway here is the modified version so it fits better into the filler qualifications.

Garra's Journey: This arc would involve Naruto going to the sand village because tsunande sends him there for no reason at all. Naruto meets up with Garra whose going throughout the sand village in an attempt to learn about his father the late KazeKage. Garra is not quite sure how to deal with his death so he wants to understand what kind of person his father was. Was he really as cruel and cold hearted in life as he was to Garra? Garra travels throughout the sand village and speaks with various people from the village. Some are ninja's, others are local shop owners, some are magistrates and political leaders. Each one he visits reveals a different aspect that he never quite knew about his dad. He finally confronts Temari and Kankuro and asks them what their experiences were like with his mother and father. Then Naruto and Garra encounter an evil sand lord who laughts at Garra and calls his dad a hack. Naruto yell's out, "I'll never forgive you". They begin to fight and then the guy poisons garra with a special poison that inhibits his sand powers. Naruto yells out, "I'll never forgive you" again then finishes off the evil sand guy with a RASENGAN!

Onineku
Thu, 10-06-2005, 08:16 AM
i came as far as this, who's interested in me completing it?

Intro

Pan down to forest outside konoha
Pan down to training area
View Naruto training at throwing kunai and shuriken on his own for a while.
After some time it gets dark and he gets tired and says: Man, I could do with a good bowl of Miso Ramen now
And he walks off to town

Naruto sits at the ramen shop eating a considerable amount of Ramen

View at a tree in the forest, make out the shape of a man standing straight
Zoom in on man, hes wearing a padded overcoat, has short brown hair and black eyes.
Three scars run down his face, over his right eye, as if a slash from a savage beast
He speaks to something not seen: Konoha eh, were finally here. Dont worry Inadu, well find your brother here for sure.

Back to naruto leaving the shop. He stretches and yawns. Suddenly he walks into someone and falls down.
Hey! Watch where youre moving idiot! Naruto yells as he jumps back up
Scroll up to see the man again.
He glances down at naruto. And looks away and walks off
Naruto turns around and continues yelling.
Hey! What about an apology here huh? Hey mister! At least tell me your name!
The man stops and says: please, move along if you know whats good for you!
Naruto looks agitated and says: do you even know who youre talking to! Uzumaki Naruto, the future Hokage!
Man thinks: told you so Inadu
And says: If you insist on being a punk, meet me in the forest tomorrow night. But Ill warn you, dont come if you treasure your life. And as for my name. Just call me Duké.
And he walks on and out of sight.

Naruto stalks off home and heads to bed. And thinks out loud
Theres something with that man, a presence of power I havent felt since the last time that I used nine tail

Title:

What?! A demon Sister!

Morning, pan in on Narutos house.
Naruto waking, eating the normal brakfast, getting dressed.
Walks out of house stretching

constructive feedback would be nice

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Yesh fine, I try to add the nice citizen kane plot device and everyone shoots it down, but whatever thats what this thread is for. Anyway here is the modified version so it fits better into the filler qualifications.

Garra's Journey: This arc would involve Naruto going to the sand village because tsunande sends him there for no reason at all. Naruto meets up with Garra whose going throughout the sand village in an attempt to learn about his father the late KazeKage. Garra is not quite sure how to deal with his death so he wants to understand what kind of person his father was. Was he really as cruel and cold hearted in life as he was to Garra? Garra travels throughout the sand village and speaks with various people from the village. Some are ninja's, others are local shop owners, some are magistrates and political leaders. Each one he visits reveals a different aspect that he never quite knew about his dad. He finally confronts Temari and Kankuro and asks them what their experiences were like with his mother and father.

Sorry, I guess I just don't buy into the fact that Gaara would give a shit about who his dad was or spend time travelling around gathering information like that. Like Jadugar said, it sounds a bit like a role-playing game, with Gaara as the main character. Although Gaara has learned the importance of other people, I don't think he would quickly decide to start depending on them. He's a loner at heart no matter what, and comes to conclusions on his own based on what he witnesses. Didn't mean to flame you or anything, but it just occured to me that you're just asking people to write fanfics, which I hate more than anything. The sunrise at the end of your first attempt was just so corny it made me laugh i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I like Onineku's idea so far. Seems the most filler-ish.

isso
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by: Onineku
i came as far as this, who's interested in me completing it?

Intro

After some time it gets dark and he gets tired and says: Man, I could do with a good bowl of Miso Ramen now
And he walks off to town

Zoom in on man, hes wearing a padded overcoat, has short brown hair and black eyes.
Three scars run down his face, over his right eye, as if a slash from a savage beast
He speaks to something not seen: Konoha eh, were finally here. Dont worry Inadu, well find your brother here for sure.

Back to naruto leaving the shop. He stretches and yawns. Suddenly he walks into someone and falls down.
Naruto looks agitated and says: do you even know who youre talking to! Uzumaki Naruto, the future Hokage!
And says: If you insist on being a punk, meet me in the forest tomorrow night. But Ill warn you, dont come if you treasure your life. And as for my name. Just call me Duké.

Theres something with that man, a presence of power I havent felt since the last time that I used nine tail

Title:

What?! A demon Sister!

constructive feedback would be nice

It sounds interesting ineed, this demon sister thing... I cant give you no real adivce since i lost my imagination during my time in the army.. But I'm lookin foward to the next part of the story! =)

Stoopider
Thu, 10-06-2005, 11:13 AM
I think this is a damn good thread i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I would like to think, Naruto would be taken away by Jiraiya to some secret location that the Akatsuki can't easily find him, rather than staying at the Leafy village. So the story would involve the other Genin's / Chunnin's only.

Synopsis.
------------------
Since the death of the Hokage, and the Kazekage, both villages have been looked down upon as a easy target by other neighbouring villages. The Hokage is replaced by the powerful & Beautiful feared Tsunade. One of the great three Sannin's. The respect and fear is restored in the Fire country.

However this is not the case for the Rock (Sand village) country. Gaara has mysteriously gone missing in search of his soul for redemption, the weight of the Kazekage falls into Baki's hand. The caretaker of the Kazekage's children. Though he is an adequate ninja, he is clearly not well known and is seen as a sign of weakness.

The Rock country's citizens are struggling in fear that their President (Daimyo? Dunno i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) wouldn't be able to protect the nation. Rumors go so far, that towards the north, the nation of (wind?) or the Ninja village of rain is preparing an army to march into Rock Country. And this rumors are indefinitely true.

--------------------------------------
Episode 1~ NEws of WAR!

2 months past, Gai's team is on a mission in the jungle to patrol the borders as news of war becomes more evident. Can't have spies in the nation. Plus although the leaf has their new Hokage, they still aren't 100% as they've lost many talented ninja's to the Rock+Sound Invasion. So they can't be too careful.

Suddenly, they saw a guy jumping through the forest, and he's being chased by 4 ninja's. Gai and team Gai intervenes. Recognizing that the runner is from the Rock village and the chasers are the Rain clan. After they fight off the invaders killing all of them, they tend to the Rock runner. But he's too badly injured, after getting kunai stabs all over him. But he relinquishes a important scroll.

Gai opens up the scroll hastily even though it's meant to be sent to the Hokage. Rock Lee scolds Gai, but then Gai gives a lousy excuse that 'IT COuld be Dangerous'. But Ten Ten covers up Gai's error saying 'Nolah, Gai would never abandon his mission unless it is anything important'. And indeed it is. It is news of war that the Rock clan is under attack. Not the Rock Village per se, but the Rock's outposts. They reported some 100 ninja's has crossed the border and are making a strategic attack to the countries capitol city. They ask for help from their only allies the Leaf.

Gai gets all fiery eyed. And he starts charging in direction of the Rock Village. But Rock Lee powers up opening up 3 gates to catch him and knocks him in the head, giving him sense, that we need to send this message back to the Leaf IMMEDIATELY! Gai Agree's. He order's all of them to return immediately.

Before they return, they encounter another ambush, but Neji counter-spring the trap with his Byukagun that see's all things, and beat the opponents down, taking prisoners, but one enemy ninja managed to run away because he can somehow hide his chakra or some stupid excuse like that. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

-------------------------

Episode 2 ~ Counter-Measures.

Gai team returns home, and jumps through Tsunade's window. Tsunade punches Gai flying to the mountains and crashing into the Hokage faces, destroying her newly chisseled Tsunade face on the mountain. Neji brandishes out the scroll before more blood is spilled.

Tsunade is worried, but equally cautious, as this could be a trap and not only a sincere letter. By sending the Leaf's own soldiers, it would deterimentally weaken the Leaf village in the process as well. And it could be a trap for the second attack from Orochimaru.

She contemplates, and decides to send out half of the village, including team Gai team + Sakura (Oh no! Sakura and Rock Lee in the same TEAM!), team Shika and countless other ninja's. Wheras Team Kiba-Hinata-Shino & their stays back at base. Kakashi, Ebisu & Ibiki is sent on a special mission, to infiltrate the enemy lines and get a confirmation of the invasion and learning what are they dealing with.

Gai Team and Kurenai's team (together with a few dozen other nameless ninjas) march out for the Rock Capitol (not the sand village). Kakashi's dissapears into the jungle.

Then for a brief moment in time, we zoom on Naruto, and whats he doing with Jiraiya. Jiraiya is peeping at girls, and Naruto is playing with his pee pee. (We'll have another filler episode on Naruto learns to masturbate some other time).

---------------------------------------

Episode 3 ~ Pakkun and friends! Dog's of war

Stoopider
Thu, 10-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Sorry if i've written too long. Suddenly found inspiration to write at 11pm in the night.

-----------------------------------

Episode 3 ~ Pakkun and friends! Dog's of war

-----------------------------------

It is night, and the Jounnin team consisting of Kakashi, Ibiki and Closet pervert are running really fast through a wasteland full of rock mountains. Kakashi pulls out his hand, silently waving down his team to hold. Kakashi takes out a water bottle, takes a sip. And pulls out a ninja-scroll, summoning a pack of dogs.

The leader of the dogs, Pakkun, humbly bows down towards it's master, asking for orders. Kakashi orders the dogs to spread out and find the enemies with their sharp noses. They readily agree's and speds off. Pakkun stays with the Jounnin team as they move closer towards towards the north of the capitol.

Days pass, they stop by villages, some willingly to give out information and to even feed the Konoha ninja's. Some of the older generation shoo them away or hide in fear as their enemy of the past steps into their village.
While they we're in one of the village, suddenly one of Kakashi's dogs returns. Loooking battered up, with a fork sticking in it's butt (someone tried to eat it), the dog delivers the news of success. That they've managed to acquire the location of the enemy, and there we're some 200 ninja's in the camp.

Suddenly, a cloud storm goes overhead, and a tornado of rain and sand starts blowing in from the north. Blanketing the town with very poor visibility. Kakashi knows this is no normal tornado. This is the work of the enemy! THey must have followed the tracker dog! Pakkun says he can't smell the enemy, the sand+rainstorm has nullified his sense of smell. He channels his chakra and unsummons all his dogs all over the desert. Team Kakashi is uncertain how many enemies they would encounter. So they hide, and take a defensive position to have an upper hand and ambush the enemy. Ebisu summons some Kage Bunshins as a dummy.

Suddenly, a wave of rain ninja's charge down the village. Everyone in their path, at the streetside, they slaughter. From the vendors, street sellers, and even women and children. Ebisu gets enraged, but hastily sends his Kage Bunshins to fight while hiding inside a closet. Ibiki doesn't wait either, and goes into battle. Kakashi stands back, meditating and channeling his chakra.

Then Kakashi summons out a giant three headed dog. The size comparable to a building (though not as big as Gamabunta, Kakashi doesn't have that much chakra i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). "My name is Cerberus, keeper of the gate of hell, whom do you seek me to allow entrance into them? However I demand a sacrifice. Your soul~!". Suddenly Pakun comes out from behind the Cerberus'es leg. "Woof woof woof woof woof" Barks Pakkun. Cerberus laughs out loud in a very evil laugh that all the ninja's suddenly stand stunned at the madness voice. "You are a funny one, little dog, and I admire your coragous spirit, VERY WELL, I shall slay all your enemies without needing a sacrifice, because I AM CERBERUS!" ANd Cerberus charges into battle with Kakashi at it's side. Slaying dozens of Enemy ninja's.

Outside the village, there is 12 ninja's sitting in a circle. They are the one who cooperatively channeled their chakra to cause the rain-storm. They now change strategy, and prepares to summon a bigger monster. As the rainstorm dies down, the shadow of a great beast appears from the circle.

Suddenly, the ground beneath the 12 ninja's start to tremor. And the ground swallowed them up beneath them. Cancelling out the summon.

Kakashi, Cerberus, Ibiki and Ebisu battled for hours, till the enemy starts to flee. Not without killing a few dozen enemy ninja's. Kakashi is totally drained of his chakra, and soon falls to the ground. Ebisu is the only one seriously injured, as when the Cerberus jumped into battle, it accidentally knocked down a house and the roof collapsed on the closet in which Ebisu was inside.

Ibiki recovered both of them, and put them down. He summons an eagle and a hawk. One to Konoha to send in more soldiers, the other to the Sand village, saying that their expecting company.

-------

Stoopider
Thu, 10-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Change that. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Episode 4 ~ Countdown to Ground Zero

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Pretty good Stoopider, but it seems like I'm reading some war novel, not Naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Some of it is also really ridiculous, but you probably intended it to be that way for humor. Example:

Gai gets all fiery eyed. And he starts charging in direction of the Rock Village. But Rock Lee powers up opening up 3 gates to catch him and knocks him in the head, giving him sense
Take this out, lol, please. You're making a mockery of Lee.

I think you've got the right idea though. What makes these filler eps so dumb is that they're going for character developement and can't do it. All a good filler episode need be is awesome. Action, danger, blood. Really, why go for substance when people are just gonna bitch about how bad it is? The anime writers can't make up a good story at all, and any attempt at drama or conflict involves oro/sasuke. Even the action scenes all revolve around some really stupid/gay villians and some insideous plot that no one gives a shit about.

We want action. Good job. You kept the ninja/military feel, even if some of it was a little weird.

Edit: come to think of it, a lot of the discussions in this forum could provide for good filler story (like the Neji/Sasuke battle).

Phoenix20578
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:26 PM
LOL, Stooper, thats genious. Send it in and maybe they'll do it. Then we'll all complain about it for some reasoni/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Pretty good Stoopider, but it seems like I'm reading some war novel, not Naruto

Some of it is also really ridiculous, but you probably intended it to be that way for humor. Example:

Gai gets all fiery eyed. And he starts charging in direction of the Rock Village. But Rock Lee powers up opening up 3 gates to catch him and knocks him in the head, giving him sense
Take this out, lol, please. You're making a mockery of Lee..

lol, I thought that part was funny.

Lee: Gai-sensei, you mustn't do that.

LEE OPENS GATES, WORLD EXPLODES

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 01:50 PM
I thought it was funny too i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
but only in the confines of this forum. No one would take it seriously otherwise.

Onineku
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by: Onineku

Intro

And he walks off to town

Title:

What?! A demon Sister!

Pan to sakura washing some dishes, finishing off and also leaving the house.

Back to naruto, who is heavily sunk in thought:
Suddenly he hears sakura calling his name
He looks up and turns around
Grinning sheepishly he waves back, and sakura walks over.
Hey naruto, Ive been looking around for you.
Suddenly memory of last nights events flood back to narutos mind
Who was that Duké, and what was that air of power& someone has to know.
Naruto explains to sakura all about the last night as they walk towards Tsunades office

Pan to inside of Tsunades office.
As usual shes staring at the pictures of the previous four hokages
I wonder

Two knocks on the door
Naruto and Sakura step in
N: Yo, Granny, any news?
T: Sasukes still missing
N: please, let me go search for him!
T: No
N: But Ive had nothing to do but train for the last two weeks!!
T: if youre so eager to do something, why dont the two of you go investigate the reports of missing people in town. Here are the details now go.
N: gah, at least its better than doing nothing&

See Sakura and Naruto leave the office and head for town
S: Shouldnt you have told her about Duké?
N: she would only spoil my fun tonight. Its been a while since I got to fight properly.
And by the way& why should I worry, Im gonna be the next hokage, hehe
And he strikes his dumb wink and thumb smile pose
Sakura thinks; guh& if he wants to get into trouble, Im not gonna help him.

Pan to Duké
He enters the barbeque place, and moments later emerges with a bag full of raw meat.

Back to Sakura and Naruto
S: what do you say if I pick you up tonight.
Narto thinks: what?! Shes asking me out for a date
S: because I think the kidnapper would mostly hang out at night
Naruto gets all his hopes bashed into the ground.

Back to Tsunade
T:Theres something about those kidnappings, the victims are totally random, and there dont seem to be any important family members in them.

Back to Naruto and sakura
S: See you tonight then!
N: yeah, sure& Im gonna eat some lunch.

Sakura goes somewhere we cant see,
Naruto heads toward the Ramen Shop

Back to Duké who is now walking through the woods, he stops at a tree, and knocks on it in a certain rhythm.
A female voice answers, finally food.

And a normal sized fox with five tails jumps out of the tree.

Commercials

Stoopider
Thu, 10-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Pretty good Stoopider, but it seems like I'm reading some war novel, not Naruto

Yeah, thought about it. Though I felt as if, there needed to be something that filled the gap in between the 3 years that something big would happened, a ninja war between the rain and leaf+sand. And Naruto has to miss out ALL of it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Forgive me for my wicked perverse sense of humour. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Therefore, A 1 month war, or a enemy invasion would fit in well. And it makes sense too. Plus giving a feel of the aggression of other ninja villages.

Something that also see's to, The Ascension of The New Kazekage. Restoring power and respect to the Sand Village.

And because of this feat, thats how Neji and some others rise up the ranks so quickly. For their valor in combat.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I like the angle. The "wartime" feeling is why I like the Konoha Invasion and Kakashi Gaiden.

I still think the best filler would be mindless action and non-stop fighting.

poopdeville
Fri, 10-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Here's my shot at a filler arc:

Episode 1: There is a village in turmoil. The local Yakuza is at war with a mysterious ninja, but they can't beat him. Dozens of yakuza die when they face him. (insert bloody battle) The village's mayor contacts Konoha and hires a team to help keep the peace. Meanwhile, the Yakuza hires a Sand Chuunin to assassinate the mysterious ninja. (insert a little bit of bloody back story). Kakashi, Naruto, Chouji, and Sakura end up working on this mission.

Episode 2: While walking towards the village, Kakashi, Naruto, Chouji, and Sakura meet the Sand Chuunin and walk together. The Sand Chuunin seems nice, but quiet and reserved. Kakashi and Sakura recognize him from the Invasion of Konoha. Sakura asks Naruto if he recognizes the Chuunin. Naruto lies and says yes. Sakura is surprised that he doesn't want to fight the Sand Chuunin but doesn't say anything. They reach the village, and our heroes go to the town hall to meet the mayor. Naruto trips but a nice farmer keeps him from landing in dog shit. The mayor tells them all about the Yakuza and their gambling and womanizing and boozing (my kind of lifestyle, oh and, insert bloody fight scene). The mayor tells them about the mysterious ninja who has been killing Yakuza (insert bloody battle featuring the mysterious ninja sneaking up on the yakuza and slitting throats). The mayor mentions that nobody has seen this ninja's face, but that he has red eyes with a dark ring (like Kurenai's). The mayor wants the gang to kill anyone involved if they disturb the peace. Kakashi looks worried and says "are are are" but tells the gang not to worry. Of course, he thinks to himself that the mission is more dangerous than expected.

Episode 3: That night, the mysterious ninja sneaks into the yakuza's compound. He sneaks up to the yakuza boss, pulls a kunai out, and stabs the boss in the throat. Oh noes! It's a replacement. The mysterious ninja does some acrobatics to escape the very dangerous trap (he dodges a bunch of kunai and flames and the like) but he gets hurt. He manages to scale a wall and runs away. The Sand Chuunin follows, but the mysterious ninja uses genjutsu to conceal himself in a nearby forest. The yakuza go apeshit. They rush out of the compound with torches and katana. Realizing that no one in town could afford to hire a ninja that good, they start burning villager's homes. Kakashi and the gang realize what is going on and Kakashi does a mass kage bunshin no jutsu to deal with the crappy yakuza fighters. The rest chase after the Sand Chuunin. Standard fight scene until the Chuunin reveals that he was part of the Konoha Invasion, Naruto gets pissed and uses the Rasengan, but the Sand Chuunin fills Naruto's hand tenketsuu (is that right? the chakra hole?) with sand with chakra embedded in it. Naruto severely burns his hands (insert neat hand explosion effect). The Chuunin puts up a short fight, but Chouji turns into a meat tank and tries to run him over. Sakura stays in Chouji's shadow, and unnoticed, hits the Chuunin in the chest with a chakra scapel. The Chuunin bitch smacks her and runs away but dies because of Sakura's injuries a short while later. Someone with Kurenai's eyes was watching the fight.

Episode 4 (hour special!): Kakashi realizes that the mysterious ninja thinks of all foreign ninja as a threat and rushes to meet the gang. Sakura and Naruto are hurt, so Chouji is taking care of them when the mysterious ninja reveals himself. He is still shrouded in shadows though. Chouji realizes the only way he can help his team mates is to fight. He stands, but the ninja uses genjutsu to conceal himself and quickly get behind Chouji. The ninja pulls out a kunai and stabs Chouji in the throat. *poof* -- A replacement! The ninja throws kunai at Sakura and Naruto in frustration. They are also replacements! Realizing that the enemy was strong, Chouji hid his teammates and ate a secret food pill. He rushes out from his hiding place and does some sweet hand to hand combat. The enemy is too strong. He uses genjutsu to confuse Chouji and conceal himself while they fight. Chouji gets dizzy and because of his confusion, walks up a tree. Chouji realizes that if he doesn't get it together, everyone in his team will die. He sees a bright flash and takes a few steps towards it. Suddenly, Kakashi sprints from the flash in a circular arc around the scene and closes in on the mysterious ninja with his sharingan eye open and a flaming kunai in his hand. The mysterious ninja takes a step backwards to avoid Kakashi, but doesn't notice that Chouji was standing behind him with a kunai ready. The mysterious ninja is stabbed in the back. Kakashi explains that the flashing Chouji saw was him dispelling the illusion. Kakashi realized that the mysterious ninja's vision would be disturbed by a bright flame on a moonless night. That is, the mysterious ninja's night vision was too sensitive and was ruined by the light. They take the mysterious ninja's mask off and they realize that he was a nice farmer they had met earlier. (Sue me, he was a minor side character, and he was wearing sunglasses :-)) Sakura wakes up and heals everyone. Naruto finds out about the nice farmer and gets incredibly pissed. (CASOOOOO!!!!! Nanda! Nanda! Nanda! - Why did we have to kill the nice farmer?) Kakashi explains that sometimes ninja are hired to to do things they would rather not do and that money makes enemies out of friends. (Insert comic relief)

Lots of stuff happens, so the pace would have to be really quick.

Stoopider
Fri, 10-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Episode 4 ~ Countdown to GROUND ZERO!

The hawk and the eagle arrives to their destinations on time. The news and information about the enemies numbers and location arrives into Tsunade's hands. She opens it up and see's with shock. And starts calling in the rest of the other jounins to bring in for reinforcements.

At the Rock capitol city, the hawk flies and lands on Gai's shoulder. Kurenai takes the scroll opens it up, and reads it before the other Sand jounnins. Kazekage Baki is not present but currently at the sand village, in case of sudden reprisals. At the moment, no one really knows where the Rain's ninja army is. They reported that they are heading for the capitol city, however it is still uncertain, until now. Hence, the Sand ninja's forces are splitted into two, one at the capitol and another back at their own village. The confirmation is set. Thereabouts 200 ninja's has just overran a small Rock town and is heading towards the capitol. They would arrive by tomorrow evening.

The jounnin's sit down together at the table and contemplates their situation. Then Asuma decides to bring in a Chunnin who is a strategical genius. Shikamaru enters looking rather sheepishly as everyone stares. However once Shikamaru see's the situation, idea's and battle plans float into his head, and the highest ranking Sand Jounin is surprised by his thoughts. They discuss for hours without end, until it was sunset. Everyone agreed to their final decision, and they soon vanished to their posts to assume positions and prepare for battle. The citizens of the city are told to pack their goods and flee the city, heading in the direction of the Sand village.

Team Gai sets off into the night, heading the direction of the on coming ninja army.

---------- Mid way advertistment, seeing Naruto eating Pho noodles (not ramen Btw)--------------

It's midnight, the moon is blocked by the clouds, as the wind blows. It's nearly pitch black. Team Gai is travelling quickly but not blindly, helped by Neji's Byukagun. They speed off into the night. Suddenly, Neji spots something. Chakra points, in the shape of a human. He's also speeding off heading to the Rain Ninja's. Neji gives the direction, and Ten Ten takes out a kunai. She points it at the direction, holding her shot with her arm bent. Waiting for the perfect timing.

"Now", whispered Neji. Ten Ten flings her Kunai straight into the darkness, the silent scream of a kunai pierces the air flying for nearly a mile.. Then a unsoundly stab sounds echo's into the night. Gai and Rock Lee sped off to recover their kill. Their instincts we're right. There was a Rain Spy inside the strategy room, pretending to be a Sand Jounnin. However he is already dead. Ten Ten retrieves the scroll from him. Ten Ten mine's the corpse with explosives. And they took camp half a mile behind the body.

They waited, and waited for daybreak. No one came. Yet. Then the scalding sun arrived, and the sand begin to hiss in the heat. A ninja from afar appeared. A scout! Neji catches his chakra, and Ten Ten snipes him, before the scout could even flinch. "Scout taken down, Master" says Ten Ten in glee as Gai pats her on the head like a little 5 year old girl getting attention from her incestrous father. Gai then orders his team to return, as the impending Rain army would be dawning upon them soon.

Thus, ending Part 4 ~ Countdown to Ground Zero.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Wow you guys have really taken my idea and run with it. So happy to see so many different ideas floating around. Although I was thinking, maybe someone could take a crack at doing some kind of espionage filler. With naruto or whoever for that matter going on some sort of reconaisance mission into another village and acting like real ninja.

Also on side note, since the filler have taken license to add in new jutsu you can now have characters performing new techniques, with the exception of naruto of course because god forbid we should see a naruto filler episode end without a rasengan. But just about everyone else is open for game so take a crack at inventing your own jutsu's as well either for your original character or the pre-exisiting ones.

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Also on side note, since the filler have taken license to add in new jutsu you can now have characters performing new techniques, with the exception of naruto of course because god forbid we should see a naruto filler episode end without a rasengan. But just about everyone else is open for game so take a crack at inventing your own jutsu's as well either for your original character or the pre-exisiting ones.

Just don't create another Uber-Parkinson's, or something equally lame i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Nice poopdeville, but why did you include Chouji?

poopdeville
Fri, 10-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Wow you guys have really taken my idea and run with it. So happy to see so many different ideas floating around. Although I was thinking, maybe someone could take a crack at doing some kind of espionage filler. With naruto or whoever for that matter going on some sort of reconaisance mission into another village and acting like real ninja.

I'd give it a shot, but it sounds really hard considering how dumb and meddling Naruto is. He'd have to reveal himself quickly in order to make the character act like the Naruto we all know and love.

Nice poopdeville, but why did you include Chouji?

I chose to include Chouji (and Sakura) because i wanted to develop some of the "useless" characters. I mean, I realize Chouji is nice and strong, but he never seems to use his head. So I made him the center of two plans. I included Sakura for the same reason. Her hard work at becoming a medical ninja pays off and she scores a kill.