PDA

View Full Version : Best Client?

Hybrid Beserker
Wed, 10-05-2005, 05:59 AM
ok i heard from lots that they like this client and bla bla bla, so i need some info i wanna see most common used one.

complich8
Wed, 10-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Except that you completely forgot Azureus, which is probably the single most commonly used one, judging by the peers list on the torrent I'm seeding right now.

I know mainline BitTorrent, BitTornado, and BitComet are all based around the same Python+WxPython core that started it all, the original BitTorrent.

BitComet is it's own thing, written in C apparently. I've never used it, so don't have much to say about it.

Azureus is another of it's own things, and written in straight-up Java, using the eclipse-developed SWT gui toolkit for it's gui elements.

I personally like Azureus, because it was the first out to have a global upload control and queue management, and also the first around to have the ability to grab individual files from batch torrents. However, it's also a memory hog, so if you don't have enough system resources to accomodate it comfortably, it pretty well blows.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-05-2005, 09:23 AM
BitComet.

NM
Wed, 10-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Imo, its all about preference. You need to go through each client and find the one you feel most comfortable with. Myself, I've used BitTornado from the beginning and I always kept with it.

EDIT: Why did you put on your list, BitTornado Unstable? There are times where it may have some problems. Stick with the stable version until they get the unstable version working.

GhostKaGe
Wed, 10-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Azureus is by far the best client out there so add it to the poll and i'll vote

Turkish-S
Wed, 10-05-2005, 10:32 AM
bittornado... easy and with enough options.

Hybrid Beserker
Wed, 10-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Yea, sry about Azureus, but eh too late now. I put unstable in there cause theres 2 dif versions, Stable 3.7 and unstable 3.13.

el_boss
Tue, 10-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I get higher speeds with BitComet than any other client. You can configurate alot of things if you want to, and the interface is easy to navigate.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by: el_boss
I get higher speeds with BitComet than any other client. You can configurate alot of things if you want to, and the interface is easy to navigate.

Totally agree with you. Never had any problems whatsoever.

m7b
Mon, 10-31-2005, 07:42 PM
BitComet is a C++ BitTorrent client that is banned from many trackers, because of bad data reporting

i prefer BitTornado & BitSpirit

kAi
Mon, 10-31-2005, 09:05 PM
I use the unstable Bit Tornado, never had any problems that I can think of.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 11-05-2005, 12:02 PM
i prefer BitComet. never had any problems with it ever

ChaosK
Sat, 11-05-2005, 12:43 PM
in terms of speed, i use bitcomet, for some reason when downloading with bittornado (i used to use it) i always got a slower speed, as for the stable or unstable i have no idea which i was using...

i say if u just want easy downloading, stick with bittornado,

my first torrent client was bittorrent but you cant limit your uploading on that one and unfortunatly i got my cable capped because i was fuckin uploading at like 300kb/s or something.