PDA

View Full Version : What is a "genius" ninja

darkmetal505
Tue, 10-04-2005, 05:03 PM
There was a controversy on what a "genius" ninja would be defined as.

theories:

Originally posted by: Dezalanel
I love how people talk about how Sasuke is such a genius. What has Sasuke ever come up with besides the Lion Combo?(Which he stole the beginning from Rock Lee). His moves are some basic Katon moves(Which every Uchiha knew) that never work, Chidori which can be dodged pretty easily and was taught to him by Kakashi, and Curse Seal which takes tons of chakra and was GIVEN to him by Orochimaru. Now Neji is the real genius, he figured out two head house Hyuuga moves. He was not taught them he did it by himself. Pretty damn impressive. This is such an easy match, all Neji needs is one solid Jyuuken hit and Sasuke is done for, Sasuke does not have two chakras like Naruto. Even if Sasuke goes CS2 all Neji really has to do is dodge him for a while with is Byakugen and if things get in a real jam just Kaiten to protect himself.

Originally posted by: XanBcoo
Also, both Neji and Sasuke have been called "genious" because they are above the skill of their peers.

i said "the ability to be adequate in everything aspect of being a ninja and work them proficiently (maybe even have a bloodline)."

In the series the only people who have been stated as geniuses (I think) are Sasuke, Neji, Kakashi, and Lee (genius of hard work).

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-04-2005, 06:09 PM
"Genius ninja" is a term exclusively used in Naruto when Kishimoto has to come up with an excuse to why certain characters are better than others.

ChaosK
Tue, 10-04-2005, 06:16 PM
genius ninja is when kishimoto gets bored (like terra said) and needs to have an excuse why naruto has a challenge fighting these people until naruto learned rasnegan...suddenly he's taking down jounin-sannin level people and we dont know why.

darkmetal505
Tue, 10-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
"Genius ninja" is a term exclusively used in Naruto when Kishimoto has to come up with an excuse to why certain characters are better than others.

actually youre probably right. now that i think about it, there isnt a reason why we should be dicussing the technical aspect of it. Its just another one of those question that can never be explicitly answered.

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-04-2005, 07:46 PM
That's probably true, but what is meant by the word "genious" is about what you said, darkmetal.

Mite Gai
Tue, 10-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Genius ninja is a ninja who does not have to work for his skills and is a natural and in the world of Naruto the genius ninja work as hard as everyone else and therefore are better. Though yes Terra is right it is just an excuse.

isso
Wed, 10-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Genius ninja is a ninja who shots fire balls out of his ass... GEnious? WTF.. naruto suck dick broadwise now.. Get it on.. I used to love the series

PSJ
Wed, 10-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Yet in the end they all get defeated by Naruto anyway so the label "genius" is just unnecassary.

Konohamaru
Wed, 10-05-2005, 05:59 PM
to me it's when they learn beyond what they know and achieve it. Neji did this my doing some secret moves he wasn't even taught yet. Rock Lee did it by unleashing the gates. Sasuke is a very smart kid when he fights, he thinks of many fighting strategys. I love watching Sasuke fight specially when he brings out the wire.

It all comes natural to them. I think kishimoto just meant Genius's to be naturals at being a ninja.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-06-2005, 08:43 AM
One thing I found very interesting is that if you read some of the Kishimoto interviews he mentions how he was the second to last lowest ranked person in class. The whole underdog mentality that is reflected by naruto seems to be kishimoto's reflection on his own school experience within the japanese school system which is probably why he uses the term genius so much. Ironically enough If I remeber correctly he said that Sasuke was his favorite character even though naruto was the most similar to him. Even in the character popularity poll which they ran after the end of Part 1 had sasuke ranked at number 1 vs naruto who was number 2.

pureskillz
Fri, 10-07-2005, 05:00 AM
sigh....u guys jus remember the big quotes. if u PAY ATTENTION to wat the sannin and watnot say, they do mention that a genius is a genius because they can learn faster and more efficiently. normal people (like naruto and lee) have to work harder for the same results. how else would sasuke get lee's speed (which took Lee his whole life to work up) in a month??

Psyke
Fri, 10-07-2005, 09:16 AM
There are tons of underdog vs genius type of plot in mangas/animes. Most obvious examples would be:

1. Naruto vs Sasuke
2. Gouku vs Vegeta
3. Sakuragi vs Rukawa

As for the definition of genius I agree with what Pureskillz said. A genius is one who who has the potential to excel and takes less time to master higher level skills. A genius can also mean he can think/perform better with better planning and situational analysis. Of course, Terra's point of making the genius the "one" for the underdog to defeat also stands correct.

vasco
Tue, 10-11-2005, 08:56 AM
For me, genius ninja is...
1> finish the enemy as soon as possible when you have chance
So in Neji vs Naruto and Sasuke vs Naruto, it showed Neji and Naruto are not genius in my opinion
2> withdraw when you don't have chance.
Shikamaru did it all the time.
3> Avoid attack enemy strength, but the weakness
Naruto always attack enemy's strength, that why he always had hard time
4> Does the writer wants him be a genius or not
everything we says need to pass by the writer ^_^