PDA

View Full Version : BitTorrent problem

Nightwolf_Blueflame
Mon, 10-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Why does this come up,
"[AonE]_Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Children_[XviD_AC3][469D2A2A].avi" : Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: This tracker requires support for no_peer_id tracker requests. Please update or change your client.

I use BitTorrent 4.0.4

cat_hat
Mon, 10-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Bump.

Only seems to occur when using BitTorrent 4.0.4, i had the same error message with the naruto 01-25 torrent:
"[AonE]_Naruto_01_25" : Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: This tracker requires support for no_peer_id tracker requests. Please update or change your client."

I previously had no problems when using BitTorrent 4.0.4, 91% of this torrent downloaded without this error occuring, have changes been made to the tracker?

Thanks

fisty
Mon, 10-03-2005, 04:15 PM
i got G3 torrent, it's doing it to all the clients

fisty
Mon, 10-03-2005, 10:06 PM
btw i'm 87% done, They Should really post about changes to the tracker before they change it, don't you agree?
btw if anyone finds a torrent that dloads it, please tell us..

Don't double post. Use the edit button.

GotWoot Moderator

fisty
Tue, 10-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Bah just delete my account, this is useless tring to get help on this. just kill the torrent.

complich8
Tue, 10-04-2005, 02:22 AM
How lame. "Delete my account, because I didn't get an answer in 6 hours time, you guys are useless and you suck and so I'm gonna go download some crappy version with sanskrit subs, you suck!"

Or something like that.

Anyway, for the other two new people here, I don't think anything about the tracker changed. If it's rejecting you like that (which I don't doubt it did), you might consider doing one of three things:

(1) wait a couple hours. See if it fixes itself, if the download keeps going or stops, etc. Often, these things are the result of a tracker component bugging out, and simply quietly restarting the tracker will fix them. Other times, they're just tracker component lag, and don't even need a tracker restart. Welcome to bittorrent, please enjoy your stay.
(2) re-download the torrent file. Someone who manages the actual torrent files could have changed something. This could be for any number of reasons ... such as a corrupt file, a mislabelled torrent. You should normally be able to stop your old download (but don't delete it or you're starting over!) and resume where you were with a new copy of the torrent. If this doesn't work, consider going back to (1).
(3) If it's been doing this consistently, for several hours, then it'd be time to go to #gotwoot on irc.gotwoot.net and see if anyone else is having similar problems there.

Something to be aware of is that the people who can actually fix things like that usually don't have time to patrol the forums watching for people complaining about them. But there's people on IRC who can verify or deny the problem, and possibly get the attention of the few people who can fix stuff. For that matter, IRC is a realtime medium, so you can at least gauge what's going on.

In conclusion, generally a forum post like this is probably not an effective answer (at least, not here), and won't get you anywhere but frustrated.

fisty
Tue, 10-04-2005, 05:21 AM
hmm, just to add this in i forgot to say, i think it was crashing my g3 torrent before, thought it might be my over clocking, but when i under clocked and tried again it never gave that error again, So they might have had probs with the seeders, or someone hackin fer bandwidth hehehehe. i just won't be needing the account on here though.... first and only time needing it.

cat_hat
Tue, 10-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by: complich8
Helpful advice

I have since moved over to ABC, which is having no such problems, so I no longer require help, but for those who are still using BitTorrent here is a summary:

Many of the torrents on gotwoot are throwing up this error when using BitTorrent 4.0.4 (Or all the Naruto ones i'm trying to download at least)

Most of the other clients appear to work (I tried Bit Tornado and ABC and both managed to connect sucessfully)

This has been a consistant problem since around mid-day on monday.

Re-downloading the torrent and resuming as suggested by complich8 above does not appear to work and since this has been an issue for over a day now I can only suggest that others having this problem either:

1) Pick another client to download with
or
2) Take it upon themselves to follow complich8's advice and seek assistance via IRC.

Thanks for trying complich8! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

fisty
Tue, 10-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Yep, Abc Seems To Work... THEY should post about chaning your torrent downloader if you have this problem, but in all likly hood not many people use bit torrent or G3 (G3 Runs Awsome) (abc does too).

Hybrid Beserker
Tue, 10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok im looking for it on web i onno maybye cause im tired or something but i cant find any other clients sides 4.0.4. Can someone give me url to BitTornado ,BitComet or w/e it is, and ABC please and thank you

darkmetal505
Tue, 10-04-2005, 10:04 PM
BitTornado (http://www.bittornado.com/) BitComet (http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/download.htm)
i dunno about ABC

kenren
Tue, 10-04-2005, 10:05 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...4424&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=27&threadid=14424&enterthrea d=y)

complich8
Wed, 10-05-2005, 06:37 AM
I'm not exactly sure why this is happening, but it seems to be pretty widespread.

The "no_peer_id" option is a tracker bandwidth saver, allowing the tracker to trim out extraneous addresses where appropriate.

However, apparently it's also obselete, having been replaced by the somewhat more aggressive "compact" option. I suspect (but haven't browsed the cvs changelogs to confirm) that the latest versions of the mainline client removed the no_peer_id flag entirely, completely replacing them with compact.

I'd also suspect that other clients haven't gotten quite that aggressive with the changes just yet... which would explain why people aren't having trouble when using clients like Azureus and BitComet (which are their own separate codebases). I also suspect that the tracker we're running hasn't implemented that yet, or separates no_peer_id from compact. And the reason BitTornado and ABC work? They're based on mainline, but they're forks of the code, so they are running on a slightly older codebase that doesn't yet completely obselete no_peer_id, only deprecate it.

Of course, that's only my suspicion, based on an extremely minimal amount of research. Your mileage may vary. If you're interested in a discussion thread about that, see This Yahoo! Groups link (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BitTorrent/message/4994)

I've brought it to the attention of the guy who would be able to find out anything about it. I don't know when he'll get to it, but more likely than not either he'll post something in this thread, or he'll mention something to me and I'll post here, or something like that. We'll see. Meanwhile, maybe a client downgrade or a different client version could be in order.