PDA

View Full Version : The Final Seed Evaluation

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Use this topic to evaluate all of Seed & Destiny. Your experiences, memorable moments, less memorable moments and so on. Basically write anything at all relating to the saga, since it seems to be over for good now.

I'll do this once I've seen episode 50.

Edit: I should elaborate on the purpose of this topic. I don't want you all to post short replies stating how much you hate Destiny and so on. This is for ALL of Seed (first Seed too), and it's intended to be a "closure" topic, where you once and for all evaulate your collected thoughts on the entire franchise. So no short replies please, make them good and sincere.

Sakikana23
Sat, 10-01-2005, 10:59 PM
for some reason i was wondering what happens to Athrun and his girls more than anything in this series. Does he end up with Meyrin or Cagalli? This series sucked so bad, that all i was hoping for in the end was to figure out what happens to all the characthers after this. It was all so predictable and so rushed near the end. I'm really disappointed in this series. It just went down the drain...

Yukimura
Sun, 10-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Where's the resolution? It's like the story just stopped, in both SEED and Destiny the final battle was just like any other battle , just bigger, then the instigator died and then poof it was over. How can you honestly call that an ending. The final scene with all the ORB forces looking all badass was great, but what does that mean? Dullindal was right, the world is likely to fall into a chaotic mess now, though since no one really has a military anymore I guess it won't be so bad. However the Seed saga lacked one thing that gives most Anime's a sense of completeness, any kind of allusion as to what comes next.

Both Seed and Destiny had great openings, awesome rising action and extremely cool, if brief resolutions...however they seriously lacked in falling action which is why the story became so dissappointing to me.

They did everything so well in Seed, started out pretty good in Destiny, but then the sense of purpose and direction was simply gone, probobly about when Heine died, after that no one knew what they were doing or why except the cast of Seed, because they're cool like that, but basically the show went from telling a new story in the world after Seed to telling Seed over again with new Gundams, more Star Wars references and little to know reasoning behind any of it.

All in all though the series looked awesome, and i'll watch it over and over to drool over Justice's Shin's of DooM, Akatsuki's ...Akatsuki, and Freedoms I can destroy the Death Star all by myself, Super Blitzkreig attack. This series will always be a favorite with my eyes and ears, i'll just have to read a book after so my brain doesn't atrophy

drag0nf1am3
Sun, 10-02-2005, 03:43 AM
I felt that we got shafted from this series...I was actually hoping to see Athrun as the focus of the series esp. with a bunch of rookies in shinn rey n luna, he was going to look like a god...but every one got to have their kira fill...i thought it was nice to have kira walked in, kick a couple of butt, and then walked out with athrun still a focus

What they should have done in destiny:

- Turn Shinn into a actual villian...that would've been badass since Kira was everyone's hero plus shinn sucked as a hero, he did everything for himself. Acting heroic for his personal pleasure instead of actually looking at the bigger pictures

- Have more interactions between mwu, rey and shinn...U got mwu's father clone still walking around pushing Rau's agenda and doesn't anyone wonder how shinn would feel if the guy that promised he would protect stellar only shove her back into another mobile suit and then join the archangel crew

- Have a freckin resolution - enuuf said

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 10-02-2005, 09:09 AM
One thing i was interested on was knowing with whom would Athrun end up, Cagalli or Meyring, but nothing was revealed in Phase 50 i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif.

The show ended and I didnt hated as much as i thought i would, i will just remember those good moments GS provided i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

THE END

Mite Gai
Sun, 10-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I can sum up my evaluation in 3 words:

I hated it.

alukard
Sun, 10-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Well i think the fandoms put up a bet for Kira vs Shinn's death and they both lost. That's all that was disappointing. Other than that its an ending. Cagalli? Well some still believes that she's Kira's brother. She'll enter political nunnery. Also everyone gets a balloon for an ending instead of vokda spilt in the name of communism. Someone said the world just isnt ready for the Destiny Plan and you know they're right. I hate oppressive communists. We don't need to be told how to conduct business and people can choose their own ventures. Yeah it's chaotic at the end and ppl have to rebuild but it's not their fault. Cagalli will run Orb, Lacus? She'll retire, Zaft remains the same, and the world continues to revolve despite what you think of Dullindal's high & mighty God status that everything will crumble in his absence. One fool shouldnt be allowed to control & oppress all the others.

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Here comes my Seed evaluation. In this, I will assume that Seed & Destiny are the same series but split them up in seasons, each being roughly 13 episodes. Here we go then. After season summaries I'll rate the opening/ending of the season.

Season 1 (Seed 1-13)

I downloaded the first episode of this in a torrent waaaay back and saw it. At the time, I didn't like mecha shows, and after seeing it I threw it away and decided not to watch anymore. Months later, a50 sent me the 4th opening clip, Realize. At this time, the people watching Seed were at ep 42 already. Being the opening homo that I am, I got obsessed with the video clip and downloaded Seed immediately, using Direct Connect since it was licensed now. I remember sitting day after day downloading the damn thing, occasionally missing episodes and whatnot. Also, almost all of it was by Anime Junkies. Woohoo. Anyway, I started watching it and the music grew on me - and the animation was incredibly sweet. After the first season I still didn't know what to think about the show, but I did know that I loved "that insane guy" who was referred to as Isaac, but later on it became known that his official name was Yzak, and since I hated that name (it looks stupid damnit) - I refused to call him Yzak until Destiny started. So there.

Opening: Invoke (3/5 - pretty good and nostalgic now)
Ending: Anna ni Issho datta no ni (5/5 - best Seed ending)

Season rating: 7/10

Season 2 (14-26)

The weakest Seed season, it developed characters further but the whole desert arc was boring. As was the short ocean arc. I liked Andy though, and I didn't react negatively to the fact that he came back later as back in Seed, people didn't survive exactly everything. So it was fine that it happened every now and then. Overall this served as an introduction to season 3 which is a big step up.

Opening: Moment (2/5 - didn't like this one much)
Ending: Same as S1

Season rating: 6/10

Season 3 (27-40)

Amazing season which featured the death of Nichol (which has since been tarnished since it's in Destiny flashbacks every third episode) and the fight between Kira and Athrun. Once again, I didn't mind that Kira survived because I actually kinda liked the guy back then (when he had a personality). Also the season introduced the amazing druggie trio, and episode 40 is one of my all-time favorite anime episodes. Very epic. Dearka also switched sides, which is one of my favorite Seed twists. And who can forget the scene where an insane Milliariariraiaiairaaaa tries to kill him...

Opening: Believe (4.5/5 - awesome)
Ending: River (3/5 - grew with every listen, but still, not the best Seed song)

Season rating: 9/10

Season 4 (41-50)

The best Gundam Seed season EVER without any contest. It took all the build-up from the earlier Seed seasons and gave us the ultimate soundtrack and opening song. Almost everyone had new and improved mechas, and the fighting was beyond epic. All the deaths were great and so were the twists. Good villains, and it felt like the fighting really meant something. Episode 48 is the best build-up episode ever. Who WASN'T pumped after seeing all the heroes launch, and then ending with the introduction of the awesome Providence gundam? I've seen episodes 45-50 more times than I can count, and I still vastly enjoy the Yzak/Dearka subplot where they meet and so on. The dialogue between Yzak and his mother is another one of my favorite scenes. Great ending to an outstanding show.

Opening: Realize (6/5 - hell yeah)
Ending: Find the way (4/5 - good song to make out to)

Season rating: 11/10

Season 5 (Destiny 1-13)

Destiny starts VERY well. Even better than Seed actually. I liked Shinn from the get-go and he had an attitude, which was nice after 50 eps of calm Kira. As early as in episode 2, we have a big battle - and it's great stuff too. The mecha designs retain their quality, as does animation and music. There are no signs yet of the decay that is to come later. Yzak comes back and he's a commander! Yzak is actually the character that has been most developed through all of Seed in my opinion. Starting off as calm, he later became pissed off, then more pissed off, had a vendetta with Kira, thought a lot about reasons to why he fought, was tormented by the "shuttle incident" (as shown in the Destiny flashback) and finally ending as a commander (after being a council member for a short part after Seed, apparently). Yzak rules. Anyway, I have nothing to complain about here.

Opening: Ignited (3/5 - nice, upbeat)
Ending: Reason (4.5/5 - great song, I loved how the ending animation paid homage to Seed)

Season rating: 9/10

Season 6 (14-26)

The best Destiny season. By now I was convinced that Destiny was a better show than Seed, and I had no doubts that the rest of the show would be even better. Heine is my favorite Destiny character after Rey, and his stay was of course way too short. However, the episodes in which he was present are probably the only ones who can fight with Seed episode 45-50 on how many times I've watched them. Overall great and very involving season who deserves it's place in any given mecha hall of fame.

Opening: Pride (5/5 - the best Destiny opening, and best Seed song after Realize)
Ending: Life goes on (3/5 - never liked this one that much)

Season rating: 10/10

Season 7 (27-40)

Here's where things start to go wrong. The season starts off well with the tragic death of Auel, and it also has some memorable fights and deaths outside of that. There are several great episodes in this season. However, this is also where we notice and are forced to accept the fact that Kira is back - and I don't mean back as "woohoo, the old lead is back and will probably be developed further". I mean back as in "hello, here's a guy without a personality who is only here to sell model kits". And boy, did he sell model kits. But he destroyed the show in the process. Ep 39 is arguably the worst ever Seed episode, with Kira's sugary sweet knight coming to save Lacus' sugary sweet princess. While, of course, leaving Andy outside the ship to fight against a myriad of ZAFT forces. And they don't even kiss each other. Yeah. And then Kira gets his new MS (which looks exactly like the old one but with a few golden parts) and destroys everything. Fucking lame. Also, don't get me started on ep 34. At first I loved it, since Shinn defeated that moron Kira, but all of that has been proven to be just luck now. Of course, ol' Fukuda can't afford to make it look like Kira is human, now can he? If Kira died in ep 34, this could have been my favorite show ever. But no. Also, I almost forgot the one event that made me lose faith in Fukuda once and for all: Neo turning out to be Mwu. To the very end I wanted to deny it, couldn't believe it was true and that the script writers were that stupid. But they were, and I still feel betrayed by them for that. Finally, this season made it clear to us that almost everybody are invincible in the Seed universe.

Opening: Bokutachi no yukue (2/5 - I never liked this one, and I don't understand what people see in it)
Ending: I wanna go to a place (4/5 - beautiful piano song, very emotional)

Season rating: 6/10

Season 8 (41-50)

Oh hell. "Fuck this show" became my favorite quote here. This show offers 2 recaps, the worst opening in anime history, and the worst plot twists ever -in fact, no twists at all. Destiny season 4 was practically Fukuda saying "let's recycle Seed's last season and make it worse, and hope nobody notices the blatant differences!". But we fucking noticed it and you should die, Fukuda. Other than that, we have Infinite Justice which, just like Strike Freedom, is identical to the original but with minor differences to make it even more overpowered. This season also gave us the most blatant use of flashbacks I've ever seen, which is quite an admirable title considering that I've watched Naruto for several years. In this season it became obvious to the point of embarassing that Fukuda only wanted to sell model kits, he didn't take any chances at all, and thus ended up with this steaming pile of any given disgusting substance. I could go on and on about how bad this season is, but all of you already know my sentiments about it, and hopefully you agree too. VERY, VERY, VERY disappointing. But still, I'm glad Destiny was made. It expanded the universe, gave us another year of Gundam, Rey & good music. There are many things I hate, but the thing I hate most of all in the anime world is wasted potential. And that's what this is all about.

Opening: that sucky song (0/5)
Ending: kimi wa boku ni niteiru (4/5 - very good!)

Season rating: 3/10

Wow, that was long. Anyway, thanks for all the years, Seed.

Nai
Sun, 10-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, it certainly is pointless for me to make a summary now, as it would be a carbon copy of Terra's.

Wasted potential is indeed the one thing which defines everything Destiny is. I mean, with actually interesting characters like Heine and Rey why did everything have to go so fucking wrong? Why did everything have to go back to being all about Kira and Lacus once again? And why did you have to kill off all the pretty boys, Fukuda!?

... Anyway, It's just a fucking pity that in the end SEED's great influence strangled Destiny. It could have been so much more.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 10-02-2005, 01:20 PM
@Terra is completely right about the last season i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Miro69
Sun, 10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
my final evaluation is that gsd should be recalled 'Attack of the Clones'. you got a lacus clone, a raww clone, a mwu... clone, genesis clone...

but seriously, overall the series was just mediocre. the beginning episodes did not entice me at all as i saw it it a clone of gseed, the mid 20s got more interesting and then once shinn's character development kicked in, it was downhill from there. athrun and cagalli turned out to be pussies. so much frusturation got to me from there on but after the mid 40 eps, i felt a general sense of indifference. no matter how great the ending was, the series would still _SUCK_ not to mention fukuda times in perfectly 5 recap eps in a 50 episode series. if there's one person who's ever fucked up the gundam franchise, it's the man behind this series.

err getting back to track, the last episode was decent. solid episode, but lackluster ending overall. no closure at all and leaves the series right at where seed was when it ended.. except there's a hell lot of more questions.

solid01
Sun, 10-02-2005, 01:37 PM
ok all i have to say is that destiny was shit

seriously why is freedom in the title intro, you hardly see it fight, and infinate justice only fought in like 2 epiosde wtf was that

Destiny had better fighting then seed through out the series but the last 10 epiosdes of Seed completely kills destiny, and at least Seed you got to find out that the war ended

fucken destiny

plus i wanted to see more of freedom with the dragon system detached
that blue aura made freedom like waay cooler then festiny's purple aura

and i can't believe shinn didn't die

destiny doesn't deserve an evaluation with an ending like that, but now that i think about it 99.9% of all animes have shitty endings

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 10-02-2005, 01:50 PM
overall i give destiny an 8/10, but it's still not as good as seed which is a 9/10 IMO

heero
Sun, 10-02-2005, 02:02 PM
meh Im lazy so I'll just keep it short
Seed:
Pros
good story line, good character development, exciting fights
Cons
None of the mobile suits seem too interesting to me (xcept freedom and that dog thing Waldfeld used)
rating: 9/10

Destiny:
Pros
nice beginning, nice mobile suits, nice songs
Cons
story line was shit, no character development, no explanation to most things, crappy reused scenes, crappy ending
rating: 7/10 (I think this series was made so they could sell more of their products. gay)

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 10-02-2005, 02:15 PM
"Attack of the Clones" Hilarious i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. Nice one. Dont forget Justice and Freedom Clones, Providence Clone, Kusanagi's Clones.

aznroyale
Sun, 10-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by: SFreedomZGMFx20a
"Attack of the Clones" Hilarious . Nice one. Dont forget Justice and Freedom Clones, Providence Clone, Kusanagi's Clones.
lmao lols

Sun, 10-02-2005, 07:32 PM
10/10.

Kira and Lacus are the coolest.

alukard
Sun, 10-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Rey is one of the most redeeming character of GSD. RIP Rey. Shinn? Meh. Whatever, he's alive that's what counts.

makino
Sun, 10-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Destiny started out as an amazing series.. Stellar piloting Destroy and gets killed.. was the best twist ever.. you would think Shinn and Stellar would hook up, but it never happened. Everything to the point where Kira gets owned was great.. everything else after was terrible... had so much potential to make it better.. Kira should've died.. the story would've been completely different..

heero
Sun, 10-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Rey dying was good but they should have more deaths. Kira, Athrun, Shinn, Luna, Lacus...hell any of them would be good

Sano
Sun, 10-02-2005, 11:25 PM
The OVA better be good.

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-03-2005, 12:47 AM
I can't do justice right now to speaking my full thoughts on the entirety of Seed and Seed Destiny. There's alot to weigh and I'm reserving this spot so that I can collect all my thoughts and really get them down here, rather than just be another one-line piece of nadda.

cagallileeds
Mon, 10-03-2005, 11:27 PM
just finished watchin the final epi.i thought more main characters would die but-_- i think seed is much better than seed-d.im very disappointed about the ending,to be frankly...

Marcis
Tue, 10-04-2005, 01:17 AM
I am lazy, very lazy so i will just quote Chris review from MAHQ, because i sign under it as well:

Without a doubt, this is perhaps the most disappointing ending I've ever seen to an anime series. And given the way this just ends, I wonder if the term "ending" is even fitting. Let's start with the most obvious here. Much of this episode is an exact repeat of SEED's ending- Kira and Athrun smash stuff with their METEORs, Kira fights Rau/Rey, and ZAFT superweapons (Requiem and NEO-GENESIS) are destroyed. Shinn, who was reduced to nothing more than a barking dog, was beaten quickly by Athrun. Other characters behave in strange ways. Talia, always the professional captain, displays some strange emotions. What's the point of dying with Dullindal, especially when she has a young son? It seems quite selfish of her to abandon her son like that. Also, why did Rey suddenly decide to shoot Dullindal? He always put in an effort to make sure Shinn didn't listen to Athrun's nonsense, but then he himself fell victim to Kira's own Gundam protagonist babbling. When I watched the first episode, I had the idea that Shinn was supposed to be the hero of this series. And he was- at least until Kira came back into the spotlight and stole the series from him. The series was fast-paced and action-packed at first, but that momentum was quickly lost and the story degenerated into what we have now. Shinn, as a protagonist, went nowhere. He started off as an angry guy traumatized by the death of his family. After episode 35, he pretty much became Dullindal's dog to help fulfill his plans without thinking for himself. Because of this, Shinn alternately fills the role of hero/villain as the story requires, depending on Kira's presence. In episode 38, Shinn was the good guy during the battle at Heaven's Base. At the Orb battle soon after that, he comes across as a villain when he's fighting against Kira and Athrun. During the battle to stop Requiem in 45, Shinn is once again the good guy. In this episode, he's the bad guy again, and on top of that, he loses all his piloting skills. He's so blinded by meaningless hatred that he even nearly attacks Lunamaria just because he hates Athrun. It's all a shame, because at the beginning, Shinn and Athrun had a pretty good relationship with a mentor-apprentice vibe. That, of course, is long since past. Many people call DESTINY the Zeta Gundam of the CE universe, and they do indeed have some similarities. However, DESTINY didn't emulate one of the most important aspects of Zeta- character balance. In Zeta, Amuro and Char played important roles, but there was never any doubt that Kamille was the star. Here, Shinn is constantly competing for screentime with Athrun and Kira. What's worse is that all the time spent on Athrun and Kira is a waste. For all of Athrun's moping and confusion, he ends up being exactly the same as he was at the end of SEED. Kira doesn't even change at all during the series, because he has no struggle. I don't think things were supposed to develop this way, but it looks like Fukuda and Morosawa decided to change gears in the middle of the story. Even with the focus on the old SEED cast, guys like Yzak and Dearka are just cast to the side. And Neo/Mu just gets a one second flashback of Djibril standing over him to explain what happened. Fukuda has been nicknamed "Flashback 'Em All" due to his penchant for clip shows and flashbacks. Just as in SEED, the constant clip shows in DESTINY always came at the wrong time and killed the pacing of the story. This resulted in an extremely rushed and subpar final battle and ending. It really is a shame, because the CE universe has lots of potential that is wasted due to Fukuda and Morosawa's mismanagement. This is a perfect example of how not to do a Gundam series, and I sincerely hope that neither of them ever works in another Gundam production. I doubt we'd be so lucky, but one can hope.

Overall Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

------------------------------------------
SEED was nice, it started a bit with deja-vu rehashing original Gundam, but then it went completely different.
It took old parts and used them to bild something new. It succeeded in that.
Destiny was supposed to take from Zeta but it did'nt. Midway it crashed and drowned.

DDBen
Tue, 10-04-2005, 09:56 AM
I'll get to a review of seed later after rewatching it edit this post and put it here.

As a side note I loved seed but hated Destiny from the start as it was a bad carbon copy of Seed from the start. The only real differnce is they stretched out seed taking only the part from where the druggies come in until the end then stretching it out to cover 50 episodes. However even though they are using so little plot they somehow manage to find no time to develope anyone and instead concentraight on reminding you how they developed in seed.

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-04-2005, 10:26 AM
I've been looking forward to Chris' last reviews over at mahq, that guy is always so damn correct. I loved his last ones too, and every single word corresponded with my thoughts.

PSJ
Tue, 10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
OK, after watching episode 50 of GSD i thought i'd evaluate SEED and Destiny.

First half of SEED was a bit slow and was actually better the second time i watched it, You knew nothing about Kira's and Athrun's relationship in the first episode for example, when watching it the second time that ep grew alot. But this half was still a very good set up for the second half of SEED.
Rating:4/5

Second half of SEED was intense and started of nicely with the death of Nichol which was the best death in SEED in my opinion, quickly followed by the fight between Athrun and Kira. The end of SEED was also one of the most intense things i have ever seen, the didn't go a day from say ep 38-50 that i didn't think about SEED.
Rating:5/5

First half of Destiny started out rather good with focus on Shinn and Athrun some new interesting characters were introduced and the story flowed nicely. It was enough action and development to make it interesting.
Rating:4/5

Second half of Destiny is where something went really wrong. All the great characters and all the set up done in the first half just went out the window in favor of Kira taking the main spotlight and the insane introduction of new suits every other episode. This really destroyed Destiny, nothing were done with Djibril which could have become a great villian. Neo was a great character but when he turned out to be Mwu something happened to him, he wasn't as interesting anymore. The killing of the druggies was bad to, the had finally gotten some development only to be killed off. In this half it seemed that everybody could survive staying in the cockpit of an exploding ms. Still it was enjoyable right up to the point where Meer got her own episode.
Rating: 2/5

Higlights of SEED: Well everything, nothing is really bad in this show.

Highlights of Destiny: Rey as a character, still hate him for killing Djibril. Neo, Heine, Djibril and Auel. The possibilites with these characters were endless yet it turned out shit in the end.

isso
Tue, 10-04-2005, 03:31 PM
I think that the first half of GSD destiny wurpassed Seed.. It was much better.. 5/5.. And i agree about the second half.. and the last 10 episodes can only get a rating of 1/5... Hell i've been mortifeid every sunday.. wtf happened?

PSJ
Tue, 10-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Nah the first half of GSD didn't surpass SEED. The intense feeling the last half of SEED has is impossible to surpass.

smurfyy
Tue, 10-04-2005, 06:14 PM
fuk, watch , in a probable series three, rey'll still be alive wit a mask teaming up wit talia's vengeful son lol...

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 10-05-2005, 02:00 AM
Any word on the nature of the feedback Fukuda is getting on GSD? (like letter bombs or death threats?) I'm mainly interested in knowing what the Japanese fans are thinking.......

isso
Wed, 10-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Nah the first half of GSD didn't surpass SEED. The intense feeling the last half of SEED has is impossible to surpass.

I don't agree, but you are entitled to your opion as I am to my..

I agree that the second half of seed was indeed great and intense, perfectly combined with music that enhanced the feeling.. But the first half of seed was like a prolouge (not speaking litteraly) and really slow, the firsta half of GSD was great with a lot of action, al the drugies, Heine, Neo.. You see what im pointing at..

And I think that Seed is a better show, overall, but Destiny was so great during the first half that i saw potenial to surpass Seed as an overall sereis, but hell Fuckuda did not see that potenial and his recaps and aaahh... You know the rest..

PSJ
Wed, 10-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Yea the first half of Destiny was good but it still didn't have what SEED had. SEED had everything in the right amount. Destiny reused the same action sequences every battle and the show didn't really focus on anything, the firts half of SEED focused mainly on the characters and the second half focused on the war. It felt like the first half of Destiny didn't really focus on anything specific.

The characters were somewhat shallow in the begining. Athrun was back like he was before, so was Cagalli and the new characters just didn't cut it from the start. You got a Ramius clone named Talia and a Milly clone named Meyrin. The new druggies started off with a bad vibe to. Sting a.ka Orga, they are to similar and Stellar was like a 5 year old, there just wasn't anything interesting. Auel was a highlight though, so was Heine and Neo but i still don't feel that it can compare to SEED as an overall series. In Destiny everything already felt kinda old.

The Gundams were not interesting enough, Impulse was just a slightly improved version of Strike while Chaos was pure shit. Gaia and Abyss were interesting though. Saviour was also bullshit, it didn't do anything and it felt like some Aeris-Justice cross of some sort.

While this part had amazing parts and was very good it can't compare to SEED.

isso
Wed, 10-05-2005, 09:28 AM
I think that the fact that i saw Destiny 1-35 and then saw the whole seed sereies have had an impact on my opion.. Cuz everything felt so primitive in seed, so that might be the diffrences.. I didnt understand anything in the begining of destiny cuz i hadn't seen seed.. I was going to see seed first but found seed-eatshoes and thjey had destiny so i watched it instead..

I really like this theme.. Gundams, they are great.. al ready lookin forward to next show.. Feel like a kid!

LOL

DarkSasuke
Sat, 10-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Well theres definetly no end to this, i mean wth in Seed they ended the show with no explaination of wat is going to happen to Kira and them now Destiny came out Boom we no wat happened now they ended us with another mystery

Ban Kai
Sat, 10-08-2005, 10:12 PM
i have to say it wasnt THAT bad. it just wasnt THAT good either i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. there was definitely room for improvement and i hope that they decide to make the 40 min. special ep! they better not cancel it!

erro-sanin
Sat, 10-08-2005, 11:14 PM
instead of watchin the destiny ending just watch seeds ending and imagine that shinn and company's heads were there instead. the genesis weapons are both destroyed, the leader of Z.AFT is killed by a comarde, kira fights rau la cruze again and still wins..... it was very boring and watchin it just once pissed me enough not to watch the last 10 eps. EVER!!! i would have enjoyed it if kira died or even those stupid doms. the fact that such a huge fleet was beaten by a small group brought back memories of chars counterattack. now everyone is trying to find out whats is going to happen in the comic era well maybe if Lacus just rolled over and died the world would have probable have peace but now its become chaotic again. honestly lacus was a bigger threat than logos. She was building mobile suits even though shes not the queen of any country. they should have double teamed and killed her before she made the war ne more confusing for the soldiers... darreka and whatever that annoying dude from seed should be executed for treason. the gundam team really ran out of ideas for mobile suits in this series. although i liked the zaku series and gouf ingited but the destroy gundam was freaking psycho gundam and big zam combined. destiny gundam had that RETARDED SHINING FINGER move from G Gundam. they could have came up with a sum new ideas

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-14-2005, 06:14 PM
The best scene in all of Seed is when Yzak kills Crot. The way the music goes there, with the female choir and whatnot, is so fucking awesome.
Gives me shivers every time.

There, end of evaluation. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Fri, 10-14-2005, 06:50 PM
The best scene is Auel's flashback to his "mother", they didn't even let Auel take down an important character. It fucking sucks.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 10-14-2005, 08:21 PM
The best part of GSD was the colony drop, with the cities exploding while Lacus (before i hated her guts), sings "Field's of hope" in the background. Simply beautiful i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Final Seed Evaluation: Good, but the last episode felt kinda rushed. Oh well, at least it was good.

Final Seed Destiny Evaluation:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/TreizeV/KOS_1.jpg