PDA

View Full Version : How can Orochimaru move his arm?

vasco
Sat, 10-01-2005, 07:04 PM
In the battle between the third hokage and Orochimaru, hokage summons "God of Dead" to kill (eat ) Orochimaru's soul.. but because he did not have chakra left, so he only can "eat" the arm (so he could not use any Ninja Technique)....

<skip in the middle>

Orochimaru after transfer his soul in a new body, it seems he can move his arm...

How come? I think Orochimaru lose a part of his soul (arm)... which is belong to the soul, not the body.... how can he "heal" his soul after transfer a new container?

Jadugar
Sat, 10-01-2005, 07:09 PM
If he can transfer his soul from one body to another, which is a forbidden technique then I guess he can also heal his arms as well.

heero
Sat, 10-01-2005, 07:31 PM
ya that part didnt really make sense...it wasnt really a physical damage...meh

Terracosmo
Sat, 10-01-2005, 07:48 PM
How can Kishimoto write believable scripts?

Oh wait, he can't...

Jadugar
Sat, 10-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
How can Kishimoto write believable scripts?

Oh wait, he can't...

He is only human. No big deal.

GhostKaGe
Sat, 10-01-2005, 08:52 PM
He had an "soul arm transplant" from the previous owner of the body.

GhostKaGe
Sat, 10-01-2005, 08:52 PM
*double post*

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-02-2005, 10:43 PM
This has always bugged me and I've accepted it as a plot hole.

There's no real explaining it until Kishimoto himself finds some way around it.

Edit: or perhaps GhostKage is right and he took the arms of the new body. Whatever

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 10-02-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm sure he took the arms of the new body, they're only arms after all, Oro knows what to do with them.

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Yes he does.

*fwap fwap fwap*

The topic summary makes me think of a carnivorous Sandaime.

heero
Sun, 10-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
I'm sure he took the arms of the new body, they're only arms after all, Oro knows what to do with them.

so bascially he took that guy's arm(soul) and slapped it onto his own soul? lol kinda weird

mage
Sun, 10-02-2005, 11:19 PM
when orochimaru enters a new body, the original soul is still there, so i assume he uses it's arms.

Jadugar
Mon, 10-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by: mage
when orochimaru enters a new body, the original soul is still there, so i assume he uses it's arms.

Two souls in one body?

Shinda
Mon, 10-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

Two souls in one body?

it could be that Oro is just suppressing the other soul.

I think you should see it as a permanent mindtransfer, and if that is the case than he's got a big problem if he decides to take sakura's body

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

Two souls in one body?

He did say that that guy's will would still live on inside him, or something to that effect. I'm not ruling out that possibility. Hey, at least it provides an answer.

Strider
Mon, 10-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by: Shinda
I think you should see it as a permanent mindtransfer, and if that is the case than he's got a big problem if he decides to take sakura's body

And, he would take over Sakura's body why?

Two minds in the same body pining over Sasuke. That's what we really need in this series ..

Jaredster
Mon, 10-03-2005, 05:23 PM
I always just thought that when he took that part of his soul out that controlled his arms, the soul could regenerate, but the body couldn't. So if he got a new body it would work.

Aeon
Mon, 10-03-2005, 06:08 PM
I think everyone needs to go and rewatch the part where Oro is explaining the move, he says it's a mind transferring jutsu not a soul one. Oro transfers his mind into a new body therefore Oro has no soul.

*Edit*how the heck did I get in here? I never come in here. Wondered why the threads looked different. I'll take my leave now.

vasco
Mon, 10-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by: Strider

Originally posted by: Shinda

And, he would take over Sakura's body why?

Two minds in the same body pining over Sasuke. That's what we really need in this series ..

I think he just mean... if someone (Sasuke) the mind is as strong as Sakura (she can repulse Ino's mind control), then what will happened in orochimaru if he got repulse? go back to org body? or disappear?

Originally posted by: Aeon
I think everyone needs to go and rewatch the part where Oro is explaining the move, he says it's a mind transferring jutsu not a soul one. Oro transfers his mind into a new body therefore Oro has no soul.

If he does not transfer the soul, just the mind, which mean he will not carry anything (his ability, chikra, etc) to the new body... then transfer body for what? just for the memory?

heero
Mon, 10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: vasco
If he does not transfer the soul, just the mind, which mean he will not carry anything (his ability, chikra, etc) to the new body... then transfer body for what? just for the memory?

well thats why he picks the best body choice. aka Sasuke. If he can take chikra and watever ability with him, then after a dozen of transfers he would have more chikra than naruto lol. And remember why he was looking for eternal life. He wanted to learn all jitsu, thats why he wants to maintain his mind and memory even when his body is gone.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Aeon is right. He doesn't transfer his soul.

With his memory, he retains everything (jutsu, skill, etc), except for a good body - which heero just explained.

vasco
Mon, 10-03-2005, 07:58 PM
If he just tranfer the mind, everytime, when he transfer his body, he need to cut his old body and get his sowrd back, and eat it back....
- may be (eeee.....)

When one summon an animal, s/he needs to have the contract with the animal with the blood... As orochimaru only transfer his mind, no soul, there is no way the contract can realize the "stranger", so orochimaru need to re-make the contract?
- may be, the the scroll will full of his name soon (smile)

If he just transfer his mind, why he need to wait for 3 years? (Ino seem can do it everyday), It does not make sence if it is only the mind without the soul.

Assertn
Tue, 10-04-2005, 02:15 PM
but in his mind he also has the knowledge of altering his physical appearance to resemble what he used to be...hence why his body always has the normal orochimaru qualities despite the body being different. This probably includes characteristics such as long tongue, sword, blood type (for summons) etc. Just think of it as a more permanent form of henge.

However, if he can obtain a bloodlimit, he can combine it with this henge of his

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Sorry Assertn, even I'm not buying that. A henge does not change one's blood, just their appearance. Just because he looks like his old body, doesn't mean that he's in his old body. Doesn't make sense to me for him to keep his old blood.

However, we know that he keeps the summons in SOME way or another, because when we saw him summon the snakes and Manda, he was not in his "original" body (he was in that girl/boy's).

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 10-04-2005, 03:10 PM
And on that note, whose damn body was he in before he got this guy? Sounds like it should have been someone of some significance, if I remembver right, when Oro showed the girl's face, Sarutobi looked pretty surprised. Maybe because he didn't know Oro had obtained the immortality jutsu though.

Strider
Wed, 10-05-2005, 06:52 PM
I don't think the body of that Grass Shinobi was anyone important, at all. Sarutobi-Sensei simply did not realize Orochimaru had completed the immortality jutsu.

In regards to his arms being able to move .. I don't know. I think it's just one of those many inconsistencies that people can find in anime series, and the creators / producers hope others forget about.

Strike Freedom
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Ya, I think he just transferred his mind and that soul which is in the body he occupies then becomes his. It doesn't make much sense, or perhaps after a certain time his arms will start to decay again???? i/expressions/beer.gif

pureskillz
Tue, 10-18-2005, 03:26 PM
jeeze that's a lotta thinking. if u want soemthing a bit more practical and realistic, try this:

the 3rd used his ultimate technique to seal Orochimaru's arms within the dying geizer. he took the arms, but i'm more than sure the part cut off wasn't the ENTIRE arm. and by the way, the hands were SEALED, not "have its soul eaten", thought that's what it looks like. The curse seems to be a mental-curse more than a physical because Oro's mind moves on, and the curse stays. He left his soul after his first switch, and his hands have been sealed. i'm sure he can still raise his arm, and that seems logic.

mage
Tue, 10-18-2005, 03:43 PM
if it takes three years before he can transfer again, how did he transfer to the person in the forest of death when he gave sasuke the cursed seal, to the girl, and to the new guy in a matter of a few months? plot hole!

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 10-18-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm pretty sure he transferred there quite a bit ago.

Assertn
Tue, 10-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by: XanBcoo
Sorry Assertn, even I'm not buying that. A henge does not change one's blood, just their appearance. Just because he looks like his old body, doesn't mean that he's in his old body. Doesn't make sense to me for him to keep his old blood.

However, we know that he keeps the summons in SOME way or another, because when we saw him summon the snakes and Manda, he was not in his "original" body (he was in that girl/boy's).

huh? when did i say anything about changing your blood? oro doesnt want HIS blood, he wants SASUKE'S

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
huh? when did i say anything about changing your blood? oro doesnt want HIS blood, he wants SASUKE'S

I was referring to when you said this:

...hence why his body always has the normal orochimaru qualities despite the body being different....This probably includes characteristics such as long tongue, sword, blood type (for summons) etc. Just think of it as a more permanent form of henge.

Yes, he wants Sasuke's "blood", but that doesn't explain how/why he still has his summons (for which his own blood is needed).

masamuneehs
Tue, 10-18-2005, 08:05 PM
I can only offer an explanation to why Orochimaru retains his summons:

Perhaps the blood used in a summon jutsu is merely the link between the Summoned Entity and the Summoner? The particular blood lets the Summoned Thing know who is trying to summon it, sort of a proof of authenticity to summon it...

The blood is filled with the chakra of the Summoner, letting it ID the soul of the Summoner. Oro can put his soul into various bodies (he may even be changing the makeup of the possessed body's blood...) and thus his Soul would still be present in the blood of the 'vessel', despite it not being his own.

(though this is directly contradicted by Naruto summoning Gama-bunta, the Frog Boss. The Frog Boss did not know Naruto and was quite pissed to be summoned by him... This suggests that the blood is more like a homing becon in the living world to which the Summoned Entity will be attracted, manifesting at the blood spot)

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Perhaps, sounds logical.

I guess we just need more info on how the Kuchiyose works.

Assertn
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:57 AM
blood type is just a physical characteristic of blood. What makes it different from say, your skin type?

Necromas
Wed, 10-19-2005, 06:42 AM
When he takes over a new body, his old body doesn't dissapear, it merges with the new body, keeping the beneficial old characteristics (tongue, blood, etc...) but gaining beneficial characteristics from the new body (youth, more strength, sharingan, etc...).

P.S. He didn't do the body transfer with the grass shinobi, he simply used a technique that steals the persons face and allows you to disguise as them.